AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime > Fansub Groups

Notices

Old 2006-09-29, 15:23   Link #41
Sylf
翻訳家わなびぃ
*Fansubber

Send a message via MSN to Sylf Send a message via Yahoo to Sylf
Nothing seems wrong in that script. Is that the entire script?
Sylf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-29, 15:25   Link #42
Lusikka

Yes it is.
Lusikka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-29, 16:53   Link #43
el
Slave to the D:

Dumb question, but are you looking at the input video in VDubMod, or the Output Video?

EDIT: I just checked that script using textsub with VDubMod and it's there, although the writing is extremly small D:
el is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-29, 17:04   Link #44
chaos4ever
Retired
*Fansubber

Plays fine with no problems.

Did you check if the output pane is enabled or if TextSub is still loaded with the correct file? (Hitting cancel to close the last box does not commit the plugin)
chaos4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-30, 00:02   Link #45
RaistlinMajere
Now in MHD!
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFluff
What you did wrong:
1. You put softsubs into video
Mistake fixed.
RaistlinMajere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-15, 01:40   Link #46
taduyducvn

THE BEST and the EaSIEST way is to use: AVI Recomp. Try to search it in google.
this soft is easy. juz like drag and drop. and having file size limit, change resolution also.

I think that the best software I ever Use
taduyducvn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-15, 01:56   Link #47
Medalist
Infie
*Fansubber

Avi Recomp just a pack of Stuff already made *cough* VdubMod , Avisynth, & vobsub *cough*
Medalist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-17, 02:58   Link #48
Maceart
Doremi-fansubs founder
*Fansubber

That might be true, but some this program seems a lot easier to use than Avisynth + Virtualdub, but it doesn't seem to have a lot of fine tuning in it.

AIR 2005! Kanon 2006! CLANNAD 2007-2008! Planetarian OAV/Movie 2010?
Maceart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-19, 11:43   Link #49
Thar
n00b

Hi there, I've got question not strictly tied to certain problem, but to make some things clarified.

From what i now (not much ;] ), DVD rips are getting through proccess of "deinterlacing" and "inverse telecine". Telecine is being applied using interlace, so those two things are often being done at the same time. After being deinterlaced, NTSC material is still 30 fps (29,97), after telecine being inversed it's 23,976 fps.

If something is wrong in my thoughts, correct me.

So here's the thing: I have raw, a DVD-rip with 29,97 fps, but it doesn't seem to be any interlacing artifacts, so i guess it was deinterlaced but not telecided. What to do: inverse telecine? I'm not sure if it really wasn't already inversed, and rippers are just set up fps back to 29,97 for some reason. Also, I don't know if this (inverse telecine) can be done on already encoded video.

Or maybe slow down fps to 23,976? Is it necessary?

Or maybe something else?

Sorry for lame,
Thar
Thar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-19, 13:50   Link #50
StarCreator
HnK founding lunatic

NTSC runs at 29.97 (30000/1001 if you want to be precise), but many series are animated at 24fps. Emphasis on many. To reconcile the difference in framerates, a series animated at a lower framerate is telecined in order to bring it up to NTSC framerates. Inverse telecine (IVTC) is simply reversing this process.

Some series are animated at 30fps to begin with, so in these cases, IVTC is unnecessary and damaging. It should not be difficult to tell these cases apart. If you're dealing with a deinterlaced clip animated at 24fps but stored as 30fps, you should either see every fourth frame duplicated, or two frames in a sequence of five appearing to be blurred. In the former case, you can reconcile the original framerate by decimating (IVTC requires the original interlaced source to work).
Old 2006-10-26, 14:30   Link #51
xxanimefan4_ever
Sorri++

question about encoding/attachin subs.

To do avisynth you do 2-pass encode to improve quality, should you put the subtitles on for the first/second pass with textsub using avisynth script (fast recompress) or do you do it after you encode that and then do first-pass (full processing mode) to attach subs to the avisynth-filtered video.
xxanimefan4_ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-26, 14:54   Link #52
Sylf
翻訳家わなびぃ
*Fansubber

Send a message via MSN to Sylf Send a message via Yahoo to Sylf
This is the process I see being used often:
1) The filter pass - you apply all the video cleaning and enhancing filters, and create a lossless version of the episode. Codecs such as huffyuv, vble, and lagarith are often used. No subs are added at this point.
2) The first pass - make a separate avisynth file that reads the lossless version of the raw you created earlier, and add the subs. (Usually nothing else happens in this script). Encode using the tool of your choice. If Vdub/AVI, use fast recompress. More and more people are switching to x264 for this and the next step. This can be a quite fast pass, using "turbo" trigger, or similar feature (or omittion of features) in the codecs used.
3) Nth pass (2nd and later) - use the same avisynth script from step 2. In Vdub, you use fast recompress again.
Sylf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-30, 05:11   Link #53
raziel666
Cogito, Ergo Sum
*Fansubber

Possible VSFilter problem

I've been trying some encodes with x264 + MeGUI + Avisynth (plus some AFX overlays), but the encoder stops at the first pass at 99.9%. I've made some tests, and noticed that this doesn't happen if I don't include the Textsub() function in the avs script. I'm using all the latest versions of the aforementioned problems + version 2.37 of vsfilter.dll
The same thing happens if I try to encode in XviD via MeGUI. Any help appreciated.
Ergo Proxy
The Agent Of Death
raziel666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-30, 05:26   Link #54
Mentar
Banned

Maybe you should try to encode to lossless (huffy or lagarith or ffv1) first. Then you can see if the problem is somehow related to x264 (unlikely) or not. If on the other hand the lossless completes, you can then simply feed it to x264 with a simply avisource() avs afterwards.
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-30, 05:44   Link #55
TheFluff
Excessively jovial fellow

Quote:
Originally Posted by raziel666 View Post
I've been trying some encodes with x264 + MeGUI + Avisynth (plus some AFX overlays), but the encoder stops at the first pass at 99.9%. I've made some tests, and noticed that this doesn't happen if I don't include the Textsub() function in the avs script. I'm using all the latest versions of the aforementioned problems + version 2.37 of vsfilter.dll
The same thing happens if I try to encode in XviD via MeGUI. Any help appreciated.
Make sure you use full paths (the entire C:/blah/stuff.ass thing) with VSFilter, or weird things may happen.
17:43:13 <~deculture> Also, TheFluff, you are so fucking slowpoke.jpg that people think we dropped the DVD's.
17:43:16 <~deculture> nice job, fag!

01:04:41 < Plorkyeran> it was annoying to typeset so it should be annoying to read
TheFluff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-30, 06:09   Link #56
Quarkboy
Translator, Producer

Quote:
Question: Do you have a dual core processor like an intel core duo 2?

I know I had strange problems with certain versions of textsub and my new 6300
Sam Pinansky
Quarkboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-30, 06:31   Link #57
raziel666
Cogito, Ergo Sum
*Fansubber

Fluff, once again you saved me. I have no words to thank you enough. Indeed I had not included the path in textsub() and now it works. Thanks so much!
Btw, Quarkboy my computer is a weak P4 @ 3.4 GHz, I would very much like a core 2 duo, but haven't got it yet - maybe ol' santa will remember it for xmas!
Ergo Proxy
The Agent Of Death
Old 2006-10-30, 06:37   Link #58
TheFluff
Excessively jovial fellow

Quote:
Fluff, once again you saved me. I have no words to thank you enough. Indeed I had not included the path in textsub() and now it works. Thanks so much!
No problems. I got stung by it myself a few times before I finally figured out what was causing it (memory leaks and 100% CPU usage infinite loop when encoding 8 MB karaoke = not funny)... A weird bug, that one.

BTW, this page may be of interest when trying to figure out VSFilter quirks.
17:43:13 <~deculture> Also, TheFluff, you are so fucking slowpoke.jpg that people think we dropped the DVD's.
17:43:16 <~deculture> nice job, fag!

01:04:41 < Plorkyeran> it was annoying to typeset so it should be annoying to read
TheFluff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-30, 07:13   Link #59
raziel666
Cogito, Ergo Sum
*Fansubber

Mine was more strange, because the CPU didn't seem to be working for x264 and the FPS hadn't dropped to 0 in the megui window. Anyway, it's one of those strange things... Thanks again.
Ergo Proxy
The Agent Of Death
Old 2006-10-30, 07:42   Link #60
gumbaloom
Live-eviL Staffer

Send a message via AIM to gumbaloom Send a message via Yahoo to gumbaloom
I'm surprised that people still havent mentioned about actually joining a group.

The best way to learn is to join a group, hang around a bit to prove you're not lame / lazy and you're actually willing to do work and then eventually someone will take you under their wing and tutor you in how to create fansubs for your chosen profession.

I think there seems to be a flurry of wannabe fansubbers who wanna fansub on their own or set their own groups up. If we don't do something to shepard the newbies towards established groups this will lead to a general lowering of production standards.

Learning how to fansub on your own and setting up your own group is a 1 way ticket to being ridiculed by the fansub community. At least if you learn in an established group FIRST, you can learn whats good and whats bad before you strike out and start your own group up if thats what you really wanna do.

There is no better tutorial than someone looking over your work and actually giving you critique before it actually goes in to a released fansub.

YMMV on this issue but we really should perhaps have a sticky in the fansub groups forum with links to all the common threads about how to get started learning how to fansub along with some uuber basic advice like go join a group instead of striking out on your own.

-gumbaloom
gumbaloom is offline   Reply With Quote