AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2012-05-07, 11:44   Link #61
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Isn't it explained though in the very first tutorial how to read them... forgot.
Old 2013-03-13, 15:41   Link #62
Chase

We are almost at $375,000.lol. With 14 days left. For those who don't know what im talking about.

http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/ke...lgirls-growing
Battlefield 4
Chase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-13, 16:08   Link #63
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Chase can you tell me if the 30$ one means access to pc beta now?
Old 2013-03-13, 16:23   Link #64
Chase

Quote:
Originally Posted by felix View Post
Chase can you tell me if the 30$ one means access to pc beta now?
I think the PC beta isn't till May think. Its not live right now. But the $30 will give you first access to the beta along with the full game, dlc characters and stages(all free).
Battlefield 4
Old 2013-03-13, 16:30   Link #65
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

Jeez, I never realized before this kick-starter just how expensive it was to add a single new character to a fighting game.

I'm glad to see contributors are getting rewarded for their donations to the cause. That's a lot of money after all. If there's only 14 days left though, I doubt they'll manage to reach that "Mystery Character" mark.

Also, the concept of playing a fighting game on the PC is very weird to me.
Old 2013-03-13, 16:42   Link #66
Chase

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSyko View Post
Jeez, I never realized before this kick-starter just how expensive it was to add a single new character to a fighting game.

I'm glad to see contributors are getting rewarded for their donations to the cause. That's a lot of money after all. If there's only 14 days left though, I doubt they'll manage to reach that "Mystery Character" mark.

Also, the concept of playing a fighting game on the PC is very weird to me.
It use to feel weird to me but i started playing those MUGEN fighting games at one time were fighting games seemed dry on consoles and ive been playing fighting games on PC in addition to consoles every since.

The mystery character is the one everyone wants too.. They should have let us decide which character we wanted at $375,000. So many people calling for Black Dahlia, Feng and others.
Battlefield 4
Old 2013-03-23, 02:57   Link #67
Chase

I didn't really think it was possible but with 5 days left, its making a late push for $600,000.
Battlefield 4
Old 2013-03-25, 18:31   Link #68
Chase

Mike Z has the Bio, Playstyle Speculation, and Gameplay Inspiration of all mystery characters at this link
http://www.labzerogames.com/3rdcharacter/

Its setting at $595,000 with 56 hours left. So its going to make it. Here's the rest of the latest character reveals.

My favorites at first glance are

Roxie
Quote:
Originally a worker who assembled tanks and other vehicles during the Grand War, the Black Egrets' chief engineer always seems to have the right set of tools and parts on hand. A gearhead with a keen eye for machinery, she prefers to learn through the hands-on approach. Roxie loves to take apart and reassemble machines, striving to add custom improvements to their design. She is fascinated by the advanced technology created in the ASG labs, including Panzerfaust's arm.

Playstyle Speculation

A heavy rushdown character with an emphasis on priority rather than agility. Her weapons are improvised tools such as hammers and rivet guns as well as various machine parts she had around. She could also have the rest of her crew help, swinging in engines suspended from chains like wrecking balls or collectively assaulting the enemy in a montage. She will probably have the ability to construct some sort of gun turrets or other support items over the course of a match, use oil and rolling tires to trip the enemy, spray paint to cause status effects, propellers that hit like blades, etc.

Gameplay Inspiration
Sabertooth (X-men vs Street Fighter), Isaac (Dead Space), Rosie the Riveter (America), Felicia (Darkstalkers / Marvel vs. Capcom 2), Sub-Zero (Mortal Kombat II), Engineer (Team Fortress 2), Jenette Vasquez (Aliens), Jin (Marvel vs. Capcom 2)
Feng
Quote:
A Dragon Empire migrant showcasing her acrobatic skills at the Cirque des Cartes. The pair of birds perched on her head are an enigma, summoned by a lucky mistake in geomancy. As much as her family in Canopolis depends on her income, she worries what she and her friend Cerebella will be asked to do in the long run.

Playstyle Speculation
As a graceful acrobat, Feng is able to use her ghostly bird friends to assist her in various ways. She can place them on the stage as focal points that can bend her jumps and aerial attack trajectories or open other high-flying movement options. Keeping them close would enhance her specials and supers, instead.

Gameplay Inspiration

Psylocke (Vs. Series), Adon (Street Fighter Alpha series), Jam (Guilty Gear XX Accent Core), Okina (Last Blade 2), Makoto (Street Fighter III: Third Strike), Captain America (Marvel vs Capcom), Bang Shishigami (BlazBlue), homing cancels (Arcana Heart), Litchi (BlazBlue), Shanoa’s Magnes (Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia), Ender’s Game, Samus’s grappling beam (Super Metroid)
Black Dahlia
Quote:
Lorenzo Medici's right hand hitwoman who takes thorough enjoyment in her work. Little is known about her outside the carnage left in her wake, which has spanned decades without slowing down. Only two of her targets have walked away so far, oversights she plans to rectify soon.

Playstyle Speculation
Black Dahlia keeps her arsenal well hidden. Grenade launchers, tear gas, and hidden knives. She isn’t above dirty tactics, cloaking her movement using her doilies. One attack may look like it will go one way when she shifts into another. Don’t let the giant gun distract you when the blade hidden in her knee cap is tearing at your liver! Just how much of her is mechanical, anyway?

Gameplay Inspiration
Cable (Marvel vs Capcom 2), Hol Horse (Jojo’s Bizarre Adventure), Chris (Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3), BB Hood (Vapire Savior), Justice (Guilty Gear XX: Accent Core + Reload), Genjuro (Samurai Showdown 2), Darkwing Duck, Cammy (vs. series version), Meta-Knight (Super Smash Brothers Brawl)
Battlefield 4
Old 2013-03-25, 18:51   Link #69
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
3rd DLC character funded. Awesome. I'm voting for Annie, Isaac and Eliza for the first round of voting.
Tokkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-25, 19:04   Link #70
Chase

That was pretty quick.lol.
Isaac
Quote:
Isaac is an archaeologist who has made unsettling discoveries below the Canopy Kingdom, only to have the evidence buried. Now hunted, Isaac has been literally buying time using shards of a unique type of Theonite he discovered in his search. The one other person who knows about the dig has been wrongfully imprisoned, but learning the truth would put her in greater danger.

Playstyle Speculation
Isaac’s time travel mechanics aren’t your standard slow/stop fare. For example, a double of Isaac could instantly appear from the future for a lunging punch, and a countdown begins above Isaac’s head. When the countdown reaches zero, Isaac pauses and prepares to travel back in time to deliver the punch. If he is hit during the preparation, the opponent regains any damage they took from the punch since it never happened. If his double is hit during the punch, Isaac himself takes damage when the countdown reaches zero.

Isaac may also have other time related attacks, such as the ability to convert successful special attacks into supers in the past after noticing they connected. He could possibly manipulate the timer, namely knocking off a few seconds to hasten that time-out.

Gameplay Inspiration
Doc Brown (Back to the Future series), Professor Badass (Kevin Stewart), Indiana Jones (Indiana Jones series), Neinhalt Sieger (Samurai Shodown series), Iron Man (Marvel vs. Capcom series), Dio Brando (Jojo’s Bizarre Adventure), Sakuya (Tohou series), Makoto (Street Fighter III: Third Strike), one-frame DHCs (Marvel vs. Capcom 2), Shadow (One Must Fall 2097)
Video of Mike talking about Isaac's time travel concept. Sounds pretty cool.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LmQujkjL63A
Battlefield 4
Old 2013-03-26, 16:51   Link #71
Tokkan

They're making Robo-Fortune a separate character at $725k, in addition to giving the engine to Mane6.
Old 2013-03-26, 17:05   Link #72
Xion Valkyrie

I think they can make 725k. There's still 36 hours left and I'm sure the bronies who've been sitting on the sidelines will probably want to chip in at the last minute now that the goal is so close.
Xion Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-26, 17:10   Link #73
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Who's Mane6?
Old 2013-03-26, 17:16   Link #74
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

It's some organization that's trying to make a fan-made fighting game of the My Little Pony cartoon called "Fighting is Magic". I guess they requested Skullgirls' engine for use, and if they meet the donation mark, Lab Zero is willing to comply.

Though with Robo-Fortune now offered, there's a reward for us non-bronies to aim for now too.
Old 2013-03-26, 17:18   Link #75
Tokkan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSyko View Post
It's some organization that's trying to make a fan-made fighting game of the My Little Pony cartoon called "Fighting is Magic". I guess they requested Skullgirls' engine for use, and if they meet the donation mark, Zero Labs is willing to comply.
They're not making FIM anymore since they got C&D'd by Hasbro. They're making a new IP with character designs by Lauren Faust.

Also, they didn't ask Lab Zero, Lab Zero offered to give it to them.
Old 2013-03-26, 17:23   Link #76
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokkan View Post
They're not making FIM anymore since they got C&D'd by Hasbro. They're making a new IP with character designs by Lauren Faust.
Let me guess... more ponies?
Old 2013-03-26, 17:26   Link #77
Tokkan

Quote:
Originally Posted by felix View Post
Let me guess... more ponies?
The silhouetted designs I saw looked like an alpaca, a cow and... I can't tell what the 3rd one is.
Old 2013-03-27, 14:55   Link #78
Chase

$720,000 with 11 hours to go. Safe to say it will make it.lol.

EDIT: $726,000. Goal is officially reached and still going
Battlefield 4

Last edited by Chase; 2013-03-27 at 15:43.
Old 2013-03-27, 20:08   Link #79
Tokkan

We in the final hours.

760k.

Let's make it to 825k for another character. We can do this. DONATE HARDER.
Old 2013-03-27, 22:01   Link #80
Chase

Quote:
Associate Art Producer Brian Jun is streaming palettes and other stuff now!

Come while away the final hours of the campaign, listen to music, chat, and watch work happen!
http://www.twitch.tv/labzero

Stream happening now. Cool stuff
Battlefield 4

Tags
arcade, fighting game, ps3, ps_vita