AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2008-05-28, 06:11   Link #1
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

[Manga] Chapter 402 Discussion

Welcome to the weekly manga chapter discussion thread. This thread is created early to discuss spoilers and speculation about the upcoming chapter.

As per the forums rules, please don't ask for or mention about where to download the (licensed) manga. Also remember not to post or link to any translations of the manga, since this is illegal as well. Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome) but please do not discuss scans, raws, translation groups, etc.

Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant part of the chapters. This stands for pictures and direct translations. Summaries are ok, crops of pictures are ok as well if you want to illustrate your point but this is it.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-28, 06:16   Link #2
X_Danny_X

I will summarize, Sasuke now remembers Itachi from what he said before the day that Itachi killed all the members of his village. Everything makes sense for Sasuke and Sasuke vows to destroy Konoha, putting him in direct conflict with Team 7. Nothing was mentioned about his team (however i guess if they do mentioned them in the upcoming chapters, they should take his side since he is the leader.)

here are three pics

Last edited by Hunter; 2008-05-28 at 07:40. Reason: too many pics
X_Danny_X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-28, 06:41   Link #3
Pentium
Uchiha

Nice find!

Quote by Cub-Sama: Say that to Raikage who's awesomeness can only be compared to what would happen if Samuel L MOTHERF*CKING Jackson and Mr. T had a child who was raised by Rambo. Even with Sage Mode I think Raikage can b*tch slap Naruto into next week.
Pentium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-28, 06:43   Link #4
solidified

i knew it..
it was bound to happen sooner or later.
solidified is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-28, 06:43   Link #5
Tripfag
/co/ is superior.

Sasuke and his drama. I bet he's being tricked.

Last edited by NoSanninWa; 2008-05-28 at 16:41.
Tripfag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-28, 06:53   Link #6
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

The pics look real enough. Sasuke's Mangekyou looks freaky..like an atom. Not as cool as Itachi's or Kakashi's. I guess this means new MS powers?

Team Hebi finally making an appearance is good news for me. I don't like them that much, but at least we get to see what's happened to them. But who is supposed to be in the panel below Juugo? Kisame? The eyes are different. Maybe he's transformed.

If the summary is correct, Sasuke was played easier than I thought by Madara. Not really surprised, but I thought maybe Sasuke would only want to target Danzou and the elders for revenge since they're the ones responsible, but it's much more interesting if he wants to completely destroy Konoha.

Sabaku Kyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-28, 06:59   Link #7
Vindi89
Diamond Dust Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabaku Kyu View Post
But who is supposed to be in the panel below Juugo? Kisame? The eyes are different. Maybe he's transformed.
Definitely looks like Kisame, if only for the ridges below the eyes. As for Sasuke, I can't say I'm surprised. Same old emo Sasuke as usual.
Vindi89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-28, 06:59   Link #8
Formely_anon
Missing an "R"

Holy shit! If that spoiler is true then someone I never thought about before must have had MS. Just look at Sasuke's eyes, don't they remind you of somebody else's we've seen already?

Spoiler for Newly confirmed MS user:
Formely_anon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-28, 07:20   Link #9
tatami
back in black

naruto was dumb now he is a dumb in the wrong side of the war

reminded me code geass one tries to change from inside (naruto and his way of ninja) and one sworn to destroy the establishement (sasuke and his revenge)
tatami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-28, 07:25   Link #10
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

Quote:
The pics look real enough. Sasuke's Mangekyou looks freaky..like an atom. Not as cool as Itachi's or Kakashi's.
I think that's an understatement, it looks ugly.

Quote:
Team Hebi finally making an appearance is good news for me. I don't like them that much, but at least we get to see what's happened to them. But who is supposed to be in the panel below Juugo? Kisame? The eyes are different. Maybe he's transformed.
It's Kisame or an hawk, Juugo is in the panel above him.

Quote:
If the summary is correct, Sasuke was played easier than I thought by Madara. Not really surprised, but I thought maybe Sasuke would only want to target Danzou and the elders for revenge since they're the ones responsible, but it's much more interesting if he wants to completely destroy Konoha.
Yeah Sasuke appears to have bought everything but he also said once he was ok with Orochimaru taking his body so I wouldn't be surprised if he intended to use Madara before trying to take him out, the Uchiha don't have the best trend there is at telling the truth in this manga.

Last edited by Hunter; 2008-05-28 at 07:39.
Old 2008-05-28, 07:32   Link #11
svinpaels

So his brother sacrificed his life and reputation etc to save konoha, and now sasuke wants to destroy konoha? Doing that, it kinda destroys every sacrifice Itachi ever made... Im lost....
svinpaels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-28, 07:38   Link #12
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

Sasuke's priority simply isn't his brother's.
Itachi's most important goal was to protect the village at any cost, for Sasuke it always has been avenging his clan.
Old 2008-05-28, 08:10   Link #13
Kenu
magoi, magoi!

Wow, Sasuke is more guilible than we thought..If he was emo before, now he's super saiyan emo..

New MS... lol
Kenu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-28, 08:15   Link #14
Fyria

So Team snake turns to Team Hawk... well thats a good change.

I kinda hoped that Sasuke would only attempt to revenge to Elders/Danzou but now that he announced that he will destroy Konoha entirely he is pretty much doomed.

This change will finally turn Sasuke as 'bad guy'. Even if his cause can be considered 'righteous', Konoha isn't same village as it was back then, I like Sasuke but he is doomed to fail if he tryes go vs Konoha.

I guess Sasuke will manage to do some major damage to Konoha but in end Naruto will probly stop or even kill him while he may regret doing it to Sasuke he will be celebrated as hero of Konoha after it.

Well this is only speculation but I believe we will face some dramatic moments with Sasuke and Leaf on future.
Fyria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-28, 08:24   Link #15
Mists

Uhoh...the long awaited Sasuke vs Neiji is coming up.

And then the even more long awaited confrontation on Kakashi vs Sasuke where Kakashi shows his MS and then gets killed in front of Naruto possibly.

Maybe Kakashi gets played up as the potential next HOkage before that point, Naruto is proud but then is distraught that his dream his master attained got destroyed so suddenly.

Does Kishi have the guts though?

Damn how this chapter is chopy if team Heibi is there...and now Team Hawk? LoL...wtf? Might as well call them team fire because fire burns leaf.

I find it hilarious Sasuke will now go against what his brother tried to prevent, but yeah...he still wants to avenge his clan and Madara said basically Konoha was at fault. But the Uchiha were planning a coup. Blah this is all messed.
Mists is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-28, 08:35   Link #16
carb

Sasuke is being childish and stubborn. Without even hearing the other side of the story, he's declaring war on Konoha. Even if what Madara said is true, what's the point now? It's a different Konoha than before. If Sasuke wanted revenge maybe he could kill the elders, but the entire Konoha? lol.

Thats like saying I'll bring war to the US for dropping an A-bomb on Japan decades ago.
carb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-28, 08:38   Link #17
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter View Post
It's Kisame or an hawk, Juugo is in the panel above him.

Actually, yeah. I can make out the beak now.

Well, it's lame that Kishi didn't deliver on Kisame vs. Hebi/Hawk. But it could work out better if Kisame gets featured in a uninterrupted fight later on (assuming he wasn't unceremoniously killed off screen, which I don't think would happen to an Akatsuki). I always wanted to see him re-match Gai or Rock Lee anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fyria
I guess Sasuke will manage to do some major damage to Konoha but in end Naruto will probly stop or even kill him while he may regret doing it to Sasuke he will be celebrated as hero of Konoha after it.
Chances of Naruto killing Sasuke are .000001%, but most likely he'll be the one who saves the village from Sasuke. I smell battle at VoTE Round II.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mists
Uhoh...the long awaited Sasuke vs Neiji is coming up.
and/or Sasuke vs. Kakashi, there's a lot of shinobi people want to see pitted against Sasuke. I would love it if Sasuke fought Neji. That's been a dream match since the chuunin exams.

Sabaku Kyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-28, 08:38   Link #18
pinkusmalloy

I think these turn of events will make the story so much better. I always consider Sasuke to be evil. Some people will disagree with me, but look at the facts Sasuke try to kill his friend for power, he join a S class criminal for power and finally but not lease he is going to destroyed his home village for killing his clan. Even though by killing his clan they was able to stop a Civil war that would have started from his clan betrayed. Since other clans would have join his clan and the conflict would have escalated in to a full scale civil war. After whatever side won the war other countries would have attack the leaf and this would have started the fourth ninja war. By killing one clan which contain about one hundred to five hundred people itachi was able to save millions of lives.
pinkusmalloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-28, 09:04   Link #19
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

Quote:
Chances of Naruto killing Sasuke are .000001%, but most likely he'll be the one who saves the village from Sasuke. I smell battle at VoTE Round II.
Worse than that actually, he will be the one who will save Sasuke from himself, Naruto's speech to Neji part2, "when I become Hokage I will change the Hyuga Konoha".

Sasuke turning on Konoha has been obvious since chapter 398 but I wonder how far he will go and what he will do with Madara who should still be his ennemy afterall.
Old 2008-05-28, 09:37   Link #20
svinpaels

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter View Post
Sasuke's priority simply isn't his brother's.
Itachi's most important goal was to protect the village at any cost, for Sasuke it always has been avenging his clan.
well now that he knows that his clan was a bunch of retards who put their pride above other peoples lives one would figure he wouldnt be too keen on avenging them anymore I get your point though, and your right, as always...

Iv always symphatised (spelling?) with sasuke about beeing obsesed revenge with etc, because it was logical, most people would be... but now he officially turned into the retard all the emohaters always put him out to be...
svinpaels is offline   Reply With Quote