AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Sora Kake

Notices

View Poll Results: Sora Kake Girl - Episode 14 Discussion / Poll
Perfect 10 7 50.00%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 3 21.43%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 2 14.29%
7 out of 10 : Good 1 7.14%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 7.14%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-04-08, 05:25   Link #21
Vash002
Ready to Boast

Next episode preview was scary.
Everyone looked so... crazy.
Old 2009-04-08, 06:08   Link #22
Sixth
Hu Tao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypernova View Post
Starving cops make easy bribes

I don't quite get the talking to 50 year ago Kagora thing. Since Kagura seems aware that she's her descendent (in my sub Von refers to kagura as ancestor not mother) and Akiha is physically there while she's only dreaming? Some kind of QT mental projection through time thing?
More like a cops can't resist the bribe called PIZZA HUT.
Old 2009-04-09, 22:08   Link #23
Sin Ansem
With this I'm Invincible!

Send a message via AIM to Sin Ansem Send a message via MSN to Sin Ansem
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypernova View Post
Starving cops make easy bribes
It's like they never die even when they're killed.

I Am Negima!?, and SO CAN YOU!
Part the First
Part the Second
Abandon Sanity, all ye who read here
Old 2009-04-09, 22:32   Link #24
Fishfood1

^clowns serve their purpose as un-killable comedy relief chars...
they're about as un-killable as patrick from 00

roof>bed
Old 2009-04-11, 01:38   Link #25
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

At least these clowns are cute and luvable.
Old 2009-04-11, 16:03   Link #26
Tom Bombadil

^ And with the most ridiculous hair style.
Old 2009-04-11, 18:29   Link #27
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

^ It adds to their character.
Old 2009-04-14, 08:40   Link #28
zetsubou-san
suicidal self-flagellator

I know product placement helps to pay the bills... but this time around it was quite literally a 5 minute ad spot.
Old 2009-04-14, 08:41   Link #29
jennkei
Screenshot Fiend

Heh, I was amused by the pizza (makes me wonder how many sponsors Sorakake has...maybe should check credits some time; quite sure I've seen other companies prominently-featured in the anime), though the dream bit perplexed me. I liked Ep 14 (screenshots) because Fon was interesting.
Old 2009-04-14, 08:45   Link #30
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by zetsubou-san View Post
I know product placement helps to pay the bills... but this time around it was quite literally a 5 minute ad spot.
You got it backwards. Sunrise made the conscious decision that if they were going to have pizza hut sponsorship, they might as well go full steam ahead and justify it in the script themselves. The correct term is "refuge in audacity". Pizza Hut only paid to have their logo in the background, everything else is Sunrise's own doing.
Old 2009-04-14, 18:01   Link #31
zetsubou-san

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
You got it backwards. Sunrise made the conscious decision that if they were going to have pizza hut sponsorship, they might as well go full steam ahead and justify it in the script themselves. The correct term is "refuge in audacity". Pizza Hut only paid to have their logo in the background, everything else is Sunrise's own doing.
Audacity or not, it doesn't do anything for me. Well I never did like Pizza Hut anyway.

Let's hope Sunrise doesn't start a new trend. Next thing we know Taco Bell might start appearing in Saki.
Old 2009-04-14, 18:06   Link #32
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

This isn't a new trend, Sunrise started it 3 years ago with Code Geass, C.C. ordered and ate Pizza from Pizza Hut. The advertising powers was so strong that Pizza Hut had increased sales, C.C. became the spokesperson for Pizza Hut.

After Geass, Macross Frontier was the next anime involvement, but the didn't advertise in the anime itself. Instead Ranka and Sheryl were on the pizza boxes, maybe for people to collect.

Now after Macross Frontier and Code Geass R2, Sorakake has taken over. They advertised in the show like Geass and at the same time appeared on pizza boxes.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
Old 2009-04-14, 18:12   Link #33
zetsubou-san

What I meant was I'd prefer if Pizza Hut and its ilk stayed away from anime. Or remain unobtrusive and out of the way of the plot. I didn't really need to know how delicious pizza is.
Old 2009-04-14, 18:19   Link #34
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

You can wish for that, but the Japanese animation seminar I attended seems to be going against your wishes.

The panel was saying that they found that its a good advertising medium for products and its good for the market.

But mostly its the mainstream anime and most powerful studios who will be doing such, which Sunrise is all about.

Sorakake itself is a giant commercial with a great anime. Lantis, Goodsmile, Bushiroad, Cospa, Pizzahut etc.

Old 2009-04-14, 18:22   Link #35
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Well, now that the trend has started (I mean, Nike is a sponsor of Basquash and it's heavily displayed on the anime itself), I'd advise you to bear with it. It's more money for the production, plain and simple...

Old 2009-04-14, 18:54   Link #36
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by zetsubou-san View Post
What I meant was I'd prefer if Pizza Hut and its ilk stayed away from anime. Or remain unobtrusive and out of the way of the plot. I didn't really need to know how delicious pizza is.
Sunrise knows best. It made the decision to give Pizza Hut legitimate screentime. Your millage might vary of course.

And look at it another way; this is actually how ALL advertising used to be, back when tv shows were always shown live on air. Actors and Hosts would promote products like they were in the Trumanshow movie. The separation of advertising into breaks between shows that were pre-recorded was a relatively recent development. And with Tivo and other such things cutting ads out all together, proper integration of ads into the plot is actually the least intrusive form of advertising available.

The bottom line is, the ads is what is paying the bills. And if we want to get free online streaming of legal anime, this advertising revenue is what would keep companies afloat long enough for us to buy the DVDs.
Old 2009-04-14, 18:57   Link #37
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Indeed, integration into plot is the best.

Many people are into Vespa and Gibson now because of a certain anime and studio who weren't even paid to advertise them.

Old 2009-04-14, 19:13   Link #38
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A. View Post
Indeed, integration into plot is the best.

Many people are into Vespa and Gibson now because of a certain anime and studio who weren't even paid to advertise them.
Gainax actually had an advertising deal with a drink company for FLCL, and that's why the class rep was drinking that company's product. The advertising deal fell through, but Gainax was too lazy to change the animation, so they kept the ad in without being paid for it.
Old 2009-04-14, 21:38   Link #39
Fishfood1

i'm fine with pizza hut ads in anime... i mean in real life, if xxxx(fill in the numbers you want) years from now, it's realistic to have ads all over the place. i doubt pizza hut would go bankrupt. i mean when will be the day that pizza market disappear?

roof>bed
Old 2009-04-15, 08:53   Link #40
zetsubou-san

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetoJR View Post
Well, now that the trend has started (I mean, Nike is a sponsor of Basquash and it's heavily displayed on the anime itself), I'd advise you to bear with it. It's more money for the production, plain and simple...
I think there's a difference between product placement (the prominent display of a brand or trademark or product in an entertainment program) and advertising (which is what this "audacity" seems to be about to me).

I'm fine with Pizza Hut featuring in the amusement park episode of Marimite S4 because it was unobtrusive and logically one would plausibly expect to eat fast food at an amusement park. Moreover the characters had in no way made any reference to the pizza they were eating and the plot had transitioned smoothly during the scene.

Over here in Sora Kake, it appears that 5 minutes of an episode has been taken up by an infomercial of sorts to convince viewers that pizza is really tasty.

/rant

Last edited by zetsubou-san; 2009-04-15 at 09:42.
Closed Thread