AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2011-07-28, 12:05   Link #281
Kona
Banned

Buggy The Clown runs the New World and nobody can fuck with him. True facts.
Kona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-28, 14:37   Link #282
marvelB

^True dat, my friend. True dat.

Anyhoo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
Here's something I thought about.

The WG showed concern over Whitebeard and Shanks forming an alliance. As one of the gorosei pointed out, Shanks isn't the type of person to instigate problems/trouble, so that fact put them at ease. It's also evident that the aforementioned 2 emperors enforced order in the New World.

However, with the death of Whitebeard, someone has most definitely come along to occupy his vacant seat amongst the Yonkou. I've said for a long while now that that person is going to be Blackbeard. Given how Blackbeard has shown himself to be traitorous and conniving, not to mention how he was the source for the trigger of the greatest incident to occur thus far, the WG will be keeping a close eye on his movements.

Now, what if at some point in the story, Blackbeard and Kaido share a common goal and decide to team up? I suspect that this alliance would potentially be far more threatening than that of Whitebeard+Shanks, because unlike the latter two, these pirates have malicious intents. I'm sure the WG would have the foresight to know that such an alliance can be disastrous for the world. Chaos and havoc would reign supreme.

So guys, any thoughts on this possibility ?

It's an interesting theory, but to be honest I can't really say much on it right now because we know too little about Kaidou at this point. We even know more about Big Mom than we do him, actually (her real name, her infatuation with sweets, her jolly roger, etc.....). I do sort of have the impression that he may be the most brutal of the emperors (the pirate equivalent of Akainu, if you will), but I can't say for sure if he or Big Mom would be willing to form an alliance with someone like Blackbeard, even if he were one of their peers......

Actually, I'm more interested in finding out exactly how much influence Big Mom had before Whitebeard's death. I mean, she obviously had a high status in the pirate world to begin with being an empress and all, but I just wonder how high her influence was when compared with Newgate, who was already considered to be the "father" of several pirates. Would those same guys who were allied with Whitebeard consider Charlotte to be their mama, as well.....?

Last edited by marvelB; 2011-07-28 at 16:14.
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-29, 05:38   Link #283
DeadBonesDooM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
^True dat, my friend. True dat.

Anyhoo:

It's an interesting theory, but to be honest I can't really say much on it right now because we know too little about Kaidou at this point. We even know more about Big Mom than we do him, actually (her real name, her infatuation with sweets, her jolly roger, etc.....). I do sort of have the impression that he may be the most brutal of the emperors (the pirate equivalent of Akainu, if you will), but I can't say for sure if he or Big Mom would be willing to form an alliance with someone like Blackbeard, even if he were one of their peers......

Actually, I'm more interested in finding out exactly how much influence Big Mom had before Whitebeard's death. I mean, she obviously had a high status in the pirate world to begin with being an empress and all, but I just wonder how high her influence was when compared with Newgate, who was already considered to be the "father" of several pirates. Would those same guys who were allied with Whitebeard consider Charlotte to be their mama, as well.....?
I think Whitebeard has bigger influence on the pirate world than Big Mom had.
Tho she was 1 of the 4 yonkos I don't think that shes was as strong as Whitbeard or has hes kind of relations with other pirates.
Old 2011-07-29, 13:22   Link #284
marvelB

^Er.... I kind of pointed out in my last post that Whitebeard clearly had a lot more influence throughout the world than any other emperor. But I just wanted to know exactly what degree of influence Charlotte had before Whitebeard's death. Like, did she have candy factories built on other islands throughout the GL before she granted her aid to merman island's protection? Or did she have officers from her crew guarding her turf, like Kaidou did? Those are the kind of answers I'm looking for.....

Anyway, since this thread is also about the New World in general, I figure I'd take this time to express one of my desires for a NW island: Personally, I think it would be kind of cool to see Luffy and co. visit a country that's run by a military junta. To be a bit more specific, a junta that's comprised of members of Dragon's revolutionary army. I can definitely see something like that being possible when you put his pre-skip conversation with Iva into consideration (that, and I really doubt that his army's "liberation" of countries were peaceful affairs in the first place. A majority of those guys are probably as brutal as the government they're fighting against).....
Old 2011-08-02, 10:19   Link #285
namihoogirl

there were this one picture on pixiv that I was wondering if anybody has a link to. It's of the shichibukai mihawk, crocodile, and doflamingo younger, sitting in that order on a bananadile I think, mihawk doesn't have a moustache and crocodile is a girl, and crocodile is pulling on mihawk's sleeve.
namihoogirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-16, 03:49   Link #286
xPaRtYx

:d

Normally you run into Yonkou gossip threads that have these topics:

- Blackbeard Power

- Current Yonkou

- New Schichibukai

- Luffy Adventure

But when they run out of these four topics, they seem to have a way of repeating the same god dam thing. I'm happy I found intelligent people for a change, thus why I signed up.

Ever Notice 2 Things.

1. Shanks.

I noticed as soon as he boarded Whitebeard's crew, he offered Marco a seat n his crew.

Knowing Whitebeard would die, he went along with it, and you know the result?

He asked Marco what he was planning to do now, the same conniving facial expression he gave after asking Ace after he briefly encountering him.

Politically, that's the sort of thing you ask if you're trying to recruit someone.

Marco isn't a big threat to Shanks, so he shouldn't care.

Almost like he let Whitebeard get killed so he could try and get his crew.

2. Hidden Numbers

Notice how the Jembei-looking merman in Whitebeard's crew has the number "8" below his face? I also noticed a similar one on the robot serving Kaidou, "16" and one under Charlotte's chin. Discuss~
xPaRtYx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-16, 06:29   Link #287
DeadBonesDooM

^actually all Whitebeard commanders had numbers I belive.
And that shark was number 8 (aka Commander of 8th divison)
Now.
Shanks.
Hes like one of the mains characters in series, yes?
Yet we know so little of hes powers.
As we know he is good sword user (as fighting toes to toes with mihawk) and having extremly powerful Haki.
Old 2011-09-22, 19:57   Link #288
gazawraith

Im not so sure Kaido and Big Mom would be all as we're expecting (as I've read)

I'm always sceptical as to where the information on these characters have come from. the only image we have of Big Mom and Kaido are told from the perspective of Garp, someone who hates pirates and made Shanks and Whitebeard look a little too menacing to match their personalities. It's possible they're not as bad (as far as being uber pirates go) as they seem. and let us not forget that other information comes from 'competition' I like to call it.

way I see it, any pirate is competition to the other so naturally they'll be spoken ill of from other competing crew's of similar power levels.

I don't wanna sound like I'm saying I think Kaido is sitting atop a mountain of pillows covering in kittens and Big Mom is making candy factories to spread love to all those in need. Just like people to know where the information is coming from, I doubt the makers of One Piece would let us figure out so easily what these big names are like.
gazawraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-23, 23:56   Link #289
Undertaker

Well, right now Kaido been depict as mostly a villain was because of these few things:

1) Shanks and WB are already depict as nice(moral) guy and with indication is that Big Mom is also a "good" guy or even Lola's mother, Kaidou draws the short end of stick here.
2) The guy caused Moria such a trauma, he has yet to recover, though that can be said of both Roger and WB. (just look as Squardo and Croc)
3) Probably the most inductive is that Kaidou planned on ambushing WB in the rear if not for Shanks to intercept him prior to the battle.
Old 2011-09-30, 15:26   Link #290
gazawraith

Moria probably had it coming ¬_¬
Old 2011-09-30, 22:49   Link #291
Blackbeard D. Kuma

The Yonkou are the top 4 pirates indigenous to the New World. It's only right that at least one of them should be a villain, otherwise the strawhats will have things too favorable throughout their travels in the New World. This is all the more reason why Blackbeard should be the one to fill the void left behind by Whitebeard. The strawhats already have 2 emperor level forces on their side (Red-Hair Pirates and the remnants of the Whitebeard Pirates); and if Big Mom really is Lola's mother, that's another emperor ally for the strawhats. Having 2 enemy emperors in Blackbeard and Kaido would balance things out.
Old 2011-10-01, 17:18   Link #292
noktown

Quote:
Originally Posted by gazawraith View Post
Moria probably had it coming ¬_¬
This doesn't explain why he tried to attack Whitebeard when he was on his way to save Ace.

Thankfully Shanks took care of him(i don't mean defeated,since Shanks would have been at least injured after that).
noktown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-05, 05:05   Link #293
gaurun

Quote:
Originally Posted by xPaRtYx View Post
Normally you run into Yonkou gossip threads that have these topics:

- Blackbeard Power

- Current Yonkou

- New Schichibukai

- Luffy Adventure

But when they run out of these four topics, they seem to have a way of repeating the same god dam thing. I'm happy I found intelligent people for a change, thus why I signed up.

Ever Notice 2 Things.

1. Shanks.

I noticed as soon as he boarded Whitebeard's crew, he offered Marco a seat n his crew.

Knowing Whitebeard would die, he went along with it, and you know the result?

He asked Marco what he was planning to do now, the same conniving facial expression he gave after asking Ace after he briefly encountering him.

Politically, that's the sort of thing you ask if you're trying to recruit someone.

Marco isn't a big threat to Shanks, so he shouldn't care.

Almost like he let Whitebeard get killed so he could try and get his crew.
Marco likely will not join Shanks, knowing his loyalty to Whitebeard and his teammate. He most likely form his own pirate group, as himself as their leader.
Maybe Shanks and Marco can form alliance. but nakama in one pirate group? I think it can't happening.

who knows. maybe strawhat will meet and make alliance with Marco cs in the new world?

Quote:
2. Hidden Numbers

Notice how the Jembei-looking merman in Whitebeard's crew has the number "8" below his face? I also noticed a similar one on the robot serving Kaidou, "16" and one under Charlotte's chin. Discuss~
where did you see that robot? I dont remembering seeing things that l Kaidou-related in 640 chap OP.
gaurun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-11, 09:42   Link #294
marvelB

So I gave it a bit of thought and came to the conclusion that this thread would be the best to continue the discussion we had in a recent chapter thread....

Anyways, for those who don't know, Oda recently created a new character for an OP-themed event at Universal Studios Japan named Chameleone:

Spoiler:

Anyways, the story behind this guy is that he's a former Whitebeard pirate, currently has a 300 million bounty, and has a Devil Fruit power known as the Copy Copy fruit, which apparently allows him to steal powers/techniques from his enemies (and apparently copies their appearance, as well). He even has the jolly rogers of pirate crews he defeated/stole powers from drawn underneath his coat! And now he intends to claim an old piece of Whitebeard's territory for himself, a location known as Sanba Island.....

Oh, and it should also be noted he has a unique laugh (Gijigijigiji!). New personally, I think this guy has too unique a design and story behind him to merely be used for a stage play. I wouldn't be surprised at all if Oda eventually brings him to the manga, possibly as a Shichibukai (he sure as heck has the animal theme taken down-pat).....
Old 2012-07-11, 13:49   Link #295
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Well according to reports on other sites and the wiki, he is going to be non canon and only for the stage play.

In the play, he transformed into Ace, Smoke and Kizaru.

Basically his power works by completely transforming into someone else and he can only use all the powers and techniques of that person. How his own Haki affects the powers of the person he transforms into is unknown.

Unlike Bon Clay who transforms into someone else's appearance but retains his own skills.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-13, 15:24   Link #296
Rainbowman

Well, canon or not, I like this guy already. If he is to be a Shichibukai, he would either have replaced Blackbeard or Moriah. He could even replace Doflamingo should the joker of a crime lord get exposed to the World Government (Chameleone seems to share similar characteristics especially with physical appearance).
Rainbowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-13, 14:14   Link #297
gazawraith

Big Mama? https://i.chzbgr.com/completestore/1...67PN3gzOQ2.jpg
Old 2012-11-13, 14:24   Link #298
Kona
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by gazawraith View Post
That picture is so disturbing .

Speaking of Big Mom.. Acid/Plant DF? Her saliva was burning the floor.
Kona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-16, 16:18   Link #299
Kizoku Keenan
ばか =)

Charmeleon looks excellent. I like that the way the name is spelt is sort of french sounding, coincidentally like another french speaking copy cat character bon clay.

I'd like to see this dude as a manga character someday, he would be an interesting opponent for The straw hats,
Old 2013-03-14, 05:52   Link #300
Goldberg77

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
So, we now know that the Straw-Hats are getting closer and closer to the New World, the second half of the Grand Line. We also know that it's the home turf of the Yonkou/Four Emperors, the four most powerful pirates in the world. And lastly, not to mention most importantly of all, we know that the person who conquers the place will become the new Pirate King. So, what new adventures/enemies/etc. do you think our protagonists will find in this second half of the Grand Line? Post your thoughts here!
I think that it would be the same as the edd war, straw hat pirate will go toe to toe with Akainu's forces and the shichibukai and before they do that luffy will have to fight shanks
Goldberg77 is offline   Reply With Quote