AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2012-11-15, 16:30   Link #381
neshru

Quote:
Originally Posted by ookamigirl View Post
What is happening to Naruto?
This constant torture with fillers and shitty episodes is just too much.
It's funny that you say that, since the general consensus across forums seems to be that these war fillers are pretty decent overall.
But to answer your question, nothing is happening to Naruto. Just like the last two years, the fall season is filler season. Fillers are a necessary evil that is needed for reasons that have been explained a thousand times and then some.
neshru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-20, 05:26   Link #382
Aqua Knight

I just don't watch filler and don't complain.
There are plenty of other anime and non-anime series to watch right now

When does the filler end btw? At the end of 2012?
Old 2012-11-21, 10:00   Link #383
Frenchie
Shougi Génération
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Frenchie
Fillers are necessary or you end up with One Piece anime pacing.

No one wants that.
Frenchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-22, 05:30   Link #384
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ookamigirl View Post
I bet it's losing fans right this moment.
No. It isn't. It REALLY isn't.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-22, 06:43   Link #385
neshru

So yeah, this was the best filler episode that there ever was, at least as far as production quality goes. Some really high profile animators involved and some really good fighting scenes. Too bad the episode slowed down in the second half to follow the story of a couple of kids no one cares about, but it's definitely worth watching for the first half.
Next week's episode looks great, too.
Old 2012-11-22, 10:03   Link #386
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
I think it's nice to have a good break with Naruto. Kind of like watching regular TV. The filler will end eventually as always and then it's back to watching.
Old 2012-11-22, 11:22   Link #387
ookamigirl

Finally some Naruto, but seems like it's just a filler again.
Doing some random mission...
I can't say it was bad watching a usual Naruto-on-a-mission.
It was more nostalgic and reminded me of the old days.
At least the enemy was pretty good and connected to the current war.
The second part was sort of a story of its own..

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-22, 14:43   Link #388
Ushio the Omega

So we have 5 no name fodder edo tensi plus Hayate a mere special jounin and Hidan (who at least is good for fun and fluid fight scenes) for the good guys to beat so that's good at least.

The reason we get so many fillers in Naruto is that for the first 2 arcs (kazekage rescue and Sai & Sasuke) they tried slowing the pace and it was HATED in Japan so they sped it up starting with the Hidan and Kakazu arc but had to start using filler lots and lots of filler.

Here's an example

kazekage rescue arc 37 chapters and 32 episodes

Sasuke defeating Orochimaru to Pain arriving outside Konoha 76 chapters and 36 episodes (excluding filler)

It is after all easier to skip filler epidoes than padding within canon episodes afterall.

One last thing, why is a waterfall ninja wearing a konoha style flak jacket with the symbol for Uzushiogakure rather than a waterfall flak jacket?
Ushio the Omega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-22, 15:11   Link #389
Ulquiorra
Inactive Member

Send a message via ICQ to Ulquiorra Send a message via AIM to Ulquiorra Send a message via Yahoo to Ulquiorra
^ And Deidara. If the other zombies got out, they'd have zero chance. 8 Zombies and Kabuto are still too much for Team 7 since Naruto doesn't have KM yet.

So Tsunade is awake, but Kabuto still looks human. Good luck trying to find out when this was suppose to take place.

So Kakashi, Shikamaru and Gai will be backup. You knew they were going to have Shikamaru face Hidan again.
Ulquiorra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-22, 15:24   Link #390
Ushio the Omega

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulquiorra View Post
^ And Deidara. If the other zombies got out, they'd have zero chance. 8 Zombies and Kabuto are still too much for Team 7 since Naruto doesn't have KM yet.

So Tsunade is awake, but Kabuto still looks human. Good luck trying to find out when this was suppose to take place.

So Kakashi, Shikamaru and Gai will be backup. You knew they were going to have Shikamaru face Hidan again.
I was talking about the ones that will be sealed since Deidara appears in the war he won't actually be defeated.
Ushio the Omega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-22, 15:55   Link #391
Maxtro

What did I just watch?

The first half was seemingly cannon but aired of sequence. It almost feels like one of the movies.

Second half comes along and it might as well be a different series.

In the end I liked the episode, but the continuity is all screwed up.
Maxtro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-22, 16:26   Link #392
Kizoku Keenan
ばか =)

Here we go again....

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=filler
Quote:
A segment of anime, whether it be an entire episode or part of one, which does not appear in the manga of the title. Fillers, as the name implies, "fills" an episode with non-canonical material which has been written usually by the same company which animates it.

Animation companies utilize fillers for a number of reasons:

** If the companies feel that the anime is catching up to the manga too quickly, they will insert entire filler episodes to allow the manga writer to write more chapters.

** Anime versions are usually able to adapt at least two manga chapters per anime episode. If the anime writers feel that a crucial chapter should not be aired in the last part of an episode, they will add a filler segment to make up for this, and air the crucial parts in a fresh episode.

** If the anime gains huge popularity amongst the viewers, anime companies often add fillers to extend the anime, capitalizing off the popularity (one example of this is Naruto, airing fillers for over a year, turning the anime stale).

It is a common misconception that "fillers" are only used to refer to entire non-canonical episodes. This is due to 14 year old anime fans bastardizing this word by drawing it out of context in its use.
Old 2012-11-22, 18:16   Link #393
Taco Bell
Gordita's for Everyone

ughh i hate this guys animation. Its the same guy who ruined naruto vs pain.
Taco Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-22, 20:17   Link #394
neshru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco Bell View Post
ughh i hate this guys animation. Its the same guy who ruined naruto vs pain.
More proof that the people that think Naruto vs Pain looked bad have no idea what they're talking about.

Unfortunately, the guy that "ruined" Naruto vs Pain had nothing to do with this episode (he directed and animated the latest ED all by himself, though!). And by the way, it's not one guy that makes or breaks an episode. Lots of people work on a single episode, and the most important roles are generally split between different people.

Here's some information for you.
The director/storyboarder for today's episode was Toshiyuki Tsuru. He's directed episodes 17, 19 and 48 of the original Naruto series, and episodes 82, 85, 123 and 166 of Shippuden. He's also directed most of the Naruto/Shippuden openings, plus some endings.
He's also the guy who is writing this mini filler arc, which is a first.
The animation director for today's episode was Hirofumi Suzuki. He's the animation director of choice for Tsuru's episodes/OPs/EDs. You don't see him anywhere else as far as Naruto goes.

Key animators for today's episode include Norio Matsumoto (a fighting animation legend, you must have heard of him), Shingo Yamashita (one of the most unique animators in the industry right now, did the recent Shin Sekai Yori ending), Hiroyuki Yamashita (the best of the Naruto in-house animators, really good at action too) and Tokuyuki Matsutake (an animation veteran, you pretty much only see him on Toshiyuki Tsuru's episodes as far as Naruto goes).

There is no sign of Atsushi Wakabayashi, the guy who was director, animation director and did the storyboard for the Naruto vs Pain episode you hated so much. Norio Matsumoto and Shingo Yamashita were actually 2 of the 4 key animators that animated the Naruto vs Pain episode, but they did a much smaller part on today's episode.

Last edited by neshru; 2012-11-23 at 09:43.
Old 2012-11-23, 11:35   Link #395
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Naruto VS Pain looked awesome. IMHO there's little point spending time drawing out every single detail when things are constantly moving. That effort is better spent on the motion itself.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-23, 22:32   Link #396
neshru

That Naruto vs Pain episode still had some incredibly good drawings (mainly during the last part, the Norio Matsumoto one). I think the sketchiness was more of a result of Shingo Yamashita's style (he did the first part) and possibly of Kenichi Kutsuna's style (the did the part in the middle) than an actual will to leave things sketchy for the sake of the animation.
Old 2012-11-24, 11:29   Link #397
Suika-Esper
Sage Mode

This episode was very much like a movie, and it will be about as long as one of the movies when you figure the length of the episodes. It should be interesting to see what questions it answers between after Pain and Kabuto's immense power jump.

I should also comment on last week's episode. I liked the sweet ending between Omoi and Ringo.
Suika-Esper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-24, 13:59   Link #398
Ero-Senn1n

Based on the recent posts in this thread i watched the filler episode and i hope they'll use this quality of animation for the real story too. The best parts of the war will come and it would be annoying if they screwed it up with crap animation after they showed us in this episode what they are capable of if they really care about an episode. The filler story seems to be acceptable even if there are some stupid parts in it. For example why would Konoha let Naruto go on a mission when they clearly know that akatsuki is after him. Then we have some dumb moves from Naruto too, he just attacked Kabuto mindlessly instead of thinking of a plan, he should have some clone hidden nearby which is collecting natural energy in the next episode. One thing that would totally ruin this filler is if the guy who beat Pain is dumbed down both in power and mentally. I hope if they have quality of animation that means they have a decent filler story for once.
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-24, 21:12   Link #399
neshru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ero-Senn1n View Post
For example why would Konoha let Naruto go on a mission when they clearly know that akatsuki is after him.
Haha, that's a good point. But the arc already doesn't fit the canon timeline, so I think it's pointless to be bothered by such details. Just take the story for what it is.
Think of this arc as a Naruto movie that has been split in six parts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ero-Senn1n View Post
Then we have some dumb moves from Naruto too, he just attacked Kabuto mindlessly instead of thinking of a plan, he should have some clone hidden nearby which is collecting natural energy in the next episode.
It was just an excuse to make the rest of the team notice Kabuto quickly. Doing what you say would have looked out of place in the context of the episode's narrative. It would have ruined the flow of the episode.
In the end it's not like Naruto was acting particularly out of character, so I don't see the problem. I'm cool with Rasengan attacks out of nowhere when they look bad-ass like this.
Old 2012-11-24, 22:37   Link #400
octaviahawk
Wingedmercury

A six parter, huh? The animation had great quality to it, and I think the story has potential--I'll just use some suspension of disbelief when thinking (or not thinking) about the time line!

Tags
weekly episode discussion