Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2008-04-10, 21:52   Link #221
flou
That's no lady

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dann of Thursday View Post
Those lyrics are actually somewhat depressing when you think about them. Bad sign. For someone anyway if we take them seriously.
BAD! NO DEPRESSION FOR YOU!!!

Just kidding, but relax. Everything will work out in the end one way or another
flou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-10, 21:54   Link #222
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Quote:
Originally Posted by flou View Post
BAD! NO DEPRESSION FOR YOU!!!

Just kidding, but relax. Everything will work out in the end one way or another
Alright, and hopefully you are all right. R could stand for Reunion too after all and I think Taniguchi likes reunions.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Dann of Thursday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-10, 22:00   Link #223
Var
Banned

Quote:
Oh, thanks! The lines from :37-:50 in the song were impossible. I was wondering how people were able to figure it out too I actually ordered a copy of this months Animedia (along with the other magazines) so I'll check that out . I saw like six billion different transcripts of the OP on 2ch too and that influenced the way I comprehended the English lines
I think I listened to the OP about around fifty or so times as well till I managed to get some solid idea of what they were saying. But everyone hears somethin different so we get the bagillion different scripts on 2ch.

Quote:
Alright, and hopefully you are all right. R could stand for Reunion too after all and I think Taniguchi likes reunions.
Preposterous.

I also don't find the lyrics all that depressing, if at all.
Var is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-10, 22:05   Link #224
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Quote:
Originally Posted by Var View Post
Preposterous.

I also don't find the lyrics all that depressing, if at all.
Not at all really.

Why doesn't that surprise me?

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Old 2008-04-10, 22:10   Link #225
Var
Banned

Quote:
Not at all really.

Why doesn't that surprise me?
Well the lyrics aren't of a depressing song. A depressing song is American Pie, as an example. This is more a story of going to whatever end for someone but never truly reuniting/uniting with them. To be perfectly honest, I think the song was designed/intended to overall be for Nunally, but the segments are about various people in the show.
Old 2008-04-10, 22:11   Link #226
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

I'd agree that various aspects seem to be discussing how Lelouch and Nunnally have been seperated and how Lelouch wishes to protect her.

Old 2008-04-10, 22:14   Link #227
flou
That's no lady

Quote:
Originally Posted by Var View Post
Well the lyrics aren't of a depressing song. A depressing song is American Pie, as an example. This is more a story of going to whatever end for someone but never truly reuniting/uniting with them. To be perfectly honest, I think the song was designed/intended to overall be for Nunally, but the segments are about various people in the show.
I agree that the song sounds like it was meant for Nunnally as well. And while you could intepret the situation of the protagonist of the song as depressing, overall it has a hopeful ring to it. Not that I wouldn't mind seeing a kill-'em-all ending Sorry for being a sadist
Old 2008-04-10, 22:20   Link #228
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

No kill-em-all ending please. I hate those.

Old 2008-04-10, 22:24   Link #229
flou
That's no lady

Quote:
No kill-em-all ending please. I hate those.
Don't worry about it Just because I jokingly suggested it doesn't give it any grounds for actually happening. It's just me being silly, albeit in a morose way
Old 2008-04-10, 22:25   Link #230
KrimzonStriker

Quote:
02 ~O Two~ (TV Size Version)
Vocals: ORANGE RANGE
Lyrics: ORANGE RANGE
Composition: ORANGE RANGE

During mornings and nights, too, I yearn for love
And I’ll become a star to protect you
Without knowing the whereabouts of the battle
At the intersection of tomorrow and yesterday
For us who don’t come across each other
Now I’ll go; I’m a shooting star

Even if the world decays
There are things that won’t change
Even if we hold back our tears
Things that we must protect exist inside of us

The message from hundreds of millions of years ago is ceaseless
It starts to ache; it echoes
With a hoarse voice
With hands covered in wounds, I’ll protect you
I continue to fight
I continue to fight

During mornings and nights, too, I yearn for love
And I’ll become a star to protect you
Without knowing the whereabouts of the battle
At the intersection of tomorrow and yesterday
We’re shooting stars that slash apart fate
Now I’ll take away your overflowing tears
I bolded right back, it gives off the impression in combination with those lines that while currently there are obstacles getting in the way, there is also a will to overcome it. Something to look forward too I would imagine

Hope Dann reads this and learns to buck up a little
KrimzonStriker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-10, 22:25   Link #231
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Quote:
Don't worry about it Just because I jokingly suggested it doesn't give it any grounds for actually happening. It's just me being silly, albeit in a morose way
Oh, I know. Still, saying it could bring about bad things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrimzonStriker View Post
I bolded right back, it gives off the impression in combination with those lines that while currently there are obstacles getting in the way, there is also a will to overcome it. Something to look forward too I would imagine

That could be the general impression as well. What about the ending song? That one seems incredibly positive actually.

Old 2008-04-10, 22:28   Link #232
Koshimizu
おやすみ、ルルーシュ。

Quote:
Originally Posted by quina View Post
dah... and what the fuck is this song analysis? The song as a whole as about A man swear to protect a woman at all cost even if the destiny is working against him to seperate him from the woman. He will continue to fight. I continue to fight. Its suppose to be a good song!
But really the lyrics doesn't mean ANYTHING. What do you think lyric in season 1 means? There are even lyrics about some random Otoku staying in his room, does that mean anything to the story? No!!
Actually, the lyrics does have a meaning. COLORS was written just for Lelouch, and it fits him perfectly. That's why Taniguchi likes it so much. The 2 ending songs are also written dedicated to Code Geass. (The exception being the 2nd OP, which is totally random.)
You're interpreting it in a biasd way. XD Any healthy man can be locked in a room, not just an otaku.
These are the lines Taniguchi is most satisified with. It tells that Lelouch was confined, until he has the power to break free.

Quote:
Oh, thanks! The lines from :37-:50 in the song were impossible. I was wondering how people were able to figure it out too I actually ordered a copy of this months Animedia (along with the other magazines) so I'll check that out . I saw like six billion different transcripts of the OP on 2ch too and that influenced the way I comprehended the English lines
I was also wondering. A day before there's like a dozen versions. Then all of a sudden everyone agreed on one version, and the single isn't released yet? O_o I totally forgot that Animedia release a songbook when most new anime series start in Spring or Autumn.
Koshimizu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-10, 22:31   Link #233
KrimzonStriker

Quote:
That could be the general impression as well. What about the ending song? That one seems incredibly positive actually.
Oy, someone get the ending song for Dann please!!
KrimzonStriker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-10, 22:33   Link #234
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

So the song is pretty much about Lelouch then and is likely speaking about how Nunnally and him are seperated? I'd take it the song is generally meant to be hopeful from the general sound of things.

Quote:
Oy, someone get the ending song for Dann please!!
I've already seen a translation that is pretty accurate since it is much easier to follow than the opening. It's quite positive and I like it as well.

Old 2008-04-10, 22:45   Link #235
Var
Banned

Quote:

What? There is no indication in those lines that the obstacle will be overcome. Look at the lines in sequence:

We’re shooting stars that slash apart fate
Now I’ll take away your overflowing tears

There is no implication of overcoming the barrier that ultimately seperates them, but it does imply that the goal is ultimately a success in that the bitter tears of the other will be gone. This is a common theme in stories/songs where one person enables another to live freely but not for any singular reason. It could very well be love, or friendship, or guilt.
Old 2008-04-10, 22:47   Link #236
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Could be an indication about how Lelouch is willing to sacrifice his own happiness and even his life in order to protect and make Nunnally happy.

Old 2008-04-10, 22:47   Link #237
Var
Banned

Quote:
Could be an indication about how Lelouch is willing to sacrifice his own happiness and even his life in order to protect and make Nunnally happy.
Right, which is ultimately still seperation. It's a very Pyrrhic song.
Old 2008-04-10, 22:48   Link #238
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Well, that is how things are currently. Doesn't mean things can't change.

Old 2008-04-10, 22:57   Link #239
Var
Banned

Quote:
Well, that is how things are currently. Doesn't mean things can't change.
Well its near impossible to speculate off of how things might be, since I can't really see the future. Though I would like to discuss the ED now since the OP has more or less been beaten to death. Is the ED also synced to represent the characters and overall a story for CG?
Old 2008-04-10, 22:58   Link #240
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

I'm sure you would love it to be. I don't know though, some of the images would seem confusing.

Tags
music discussion