AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2012-05-28, 13:53   Link #21
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

I'm actually trying to watch every single Doctor Who episode.

Those who wants to watch the earliest series can actually find them on Youtube in decent hi res.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-29, 22:28   Link #22
Chiibi
Vanitas owns you >:3

Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Illusore View Post
So far, favorite companion=Rose (I HATE MARTHA SO MUCH. She's a wannabe and thinks she's got something, but she doesn't. And the way she treats the Doctor...*shakes head*)
YES. THANK YOU!!

*ships Doctor and Rose like there's no tomorrow.* Martha is......a whiny little girl with a crush. But I don't hate her like I hate a certain character who comes along later and is a total Mary-Sue in every single sense of the word!!

Anyway yeah, I love the show. I have seasons 2 and 4 and a sonic screwdriver and a dalek plush that says "EXTERMINATE!" when you squeeze him.

The DW fandom is a ton of fun! All the fans I've met are great. I can't WAIT for the 50th anniversary!

Matt Smith is funny but..........I'm getting tired of him. (I actually hated him in the beginning) Tennant will always be MY doctor. He is just fantastic.
Old 2012-05-30, 01:39   Link #23
Suomi
Kaiba

So just watched the 'Human Nature'/'Blood Family' duo. The two most emotionally jarring episodes I've seen...end of s2 was gut wrenching but not jarring.
and I assume the "mary sue" you speak of is Matron? I AGREE. I hated her and I hated the human Doctor falling for her and kissing her and stuff.

Looks like "Blink" is next. Heard that's a scary one...which means, for me, it'll scare me shitless, most likely. "Don't blink. Don't turn your back. Blink and you die." *shudders* doesn't sound promising, or like an ep I can watch at midnight and not get nightmares. >_>

Dalek plush! I want one. Daleks=favorite villain. hands down.
Old 2012-05-30, 11:41   Link #24
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Shipping the Doctor with anyone is anathema to me - that's a direction Davies took the show that I can do without. I think it's the biggest misstep of the reboot.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-30, 12:02   Link #25
Endless Soul
Megane girl fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
Shipping the Doctor with anyone is anathema to me - that's a direction Davies took the show that I can do without. I think it's the biggest misstep of the reboot.
I pretty much agree. Granted, I haven't seen much of the reboot so my opinion may be out of place here, but I feel that The Doctor should care about his sidekicks, but should be left at that.

Endless "Platonic" Soul
Old 2012-05-30, 12:20   Link #26
Chiibi

Quote:
So just watched the 'Human Nature'/'Blood Family' duo. The two most emotionally jarring episodes I've seen...end of s2 was gut wrenching but not jarring.
Oh gawd, the end of season two....I was an emotional wreck. XD SOBBED.

Quote:
and I assume the "mary sue" you speak of is Matron? I AGREE. I hated her and I hated the human Doctor falling for her and kissing her and stuff.
No, I mean River Song...but I don't think you've gotten to her yet. Her extreme Sue-ness isn't revealed until season 6-7, however. =_=

Quote:
Looks like "Blink" is next. Heard that's a scary one...which means, for me, it'll scare me shitless, most likely. "Don't blink. Don't turn your back. Blink and you die." *shudders* doesn't sound promising, or like an ep I can watch at midnight and not get nightmares. >_>
Blink is awesome. It is a bit scary yes, but it's got nothing on the episode "Midnight" ajfdaljfladsjf THAT WAS F**KING CREEPY. *shivers*

Quote:
Dalek plush! I want one. Daleks=favorite villain. hands down.
Same here!

http://www.amazon.com/Doctor-Blue-Da...8398310&sr=8-8

Quote:
The Doctor should care about his sidekicks, but should be left at that.
That's boring. D:

Quote:
What's so wrong with it? o_o The Doctor is lonely! I feel terrible for him! He deserves to be happy! There's only one pairing I like though. It's not like I want him to fall for every female companion who comes along....because that would be.....er, you know.... >_>
Old 2012-05-30, 12:29   Link #27
Endless Soul
Megane girl fan

You know The Doctor is immortal, right? There was a previous rule that Time Lords could only regenerate 12 times, but that has been done away with. His sidekicks are not. Should the immortal Doctor have relationships with his mortal sidekicks over and over again?

I think we had a discussion like this in the "Immortal" thread.

Endless "Ermm.." Soul
Old 2012-05-30, 13:25   Link #28
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiibi View Post
Matt Smith is funny but..........I'm getting tired of him. (I actually hated him in the beginning) Tennant will always be MY doctor. He is just fantastic.
I have to agree. David Tennant was amazing in the role even if the show took a very strong dive into the dramatic during his tenure at the show. But that "Alonzi Alonso!" just had me laughing like crazy, it was a pretty nice way to say farewell to the show.

Matt Smith has also been rather good at the part and he is responsible for my favourite scene of the new series so far when he made his speech challenging all the aliens to try and get the Pandorica. That, allied with the way the lines were used to finish the rendering of "I Am The Doctor" at the 2010 Prom, is something that cemented my fandom of the show.

Btw if anyone doesn't know what I'm talking about here's the song:
YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Last edited by Dextro; 2012-05-30 at 13:33. Reason: Added youtube video of the song
Dextro is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-30, 14:15   Link #29
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Soul View Post
You know The Doctor is immortal, right? There was a previous rule that Time Lords could only regenerate 12 times, but that has been done away with. His sidekicks are not. Should the immortal Doctor have relationships with his mortal sidekicks over and over again?

I think we had a discussion like this in the "Immortal" thread.

Endless "Ermm.." Soul
When was it officially announced that the Doctor is now immortal? Isn't that just speculation?

Edit: I now see all those links from October 2010... But I don't know, I'd still expect the series to address this issue head-on. If they officially ditch something so integral to the canon by an offhand remark in a spinoff series, I'd lose a lot of respect for the franchise.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-30, 16:27   Link #30
james0246

I really like Matt Smith (p.s. he recently carried the Olympic Torch for the upcoming Summer games). I personally think he is the best of the recent Doctors and the best since Tom Baker(who is still my favourite). He is a perfect mixture of Tenant's quite intensity (which was never displayed enough) and Eccleston's rage. And, besides Eccelston, Smith is arguably the best actor to portray Dr. Who.

As a general comment, that has been made by many over the years, I want the next Doctor to be a woman or at least non-white. We've waited too long for some diversity in the character.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-30, 18:08   Link #31
Midnight2352
Midnight
*Author

Talking Huge Doctor Who fan.

Never expected to see such a thread here. I am up to date with doctor who and am eagerly waiting for it to return. Matt Smith portrays the doctor the best. Tennant was my fav at first but Matt is better in my opinion.
Midnight2352 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-30, 18:12   Link #32
Midnight2352
Midnight
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiibi View Post
Oh gawd, the end of season two....I was an emotional wreck. XD SOBBED.

No, I mean River Song...but I don't think you've gotten to her yet. Her extreme Sue-ness isn't revealed until season 6-7, however. =_=

Blink is awesome. It is a bit scary yes, but it's got nothing on the episode "Midnight" ajfdaljfladsjf THAT WAS F**KING CREEPY. *shivers*

Same here!

http://www.amazon.com/Doctor-Blue-Da...8398310&sr=8-8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calca View Post
Denpa Onna

That's boring. D:

What's so wrong with it? o_o The Doctor is lonely! I feel terrible for him! He deserves to be happy! There's only one pairing I like though. It's not like I want him to fall for every female companion who comes along....because that would be.....er, you know.... >_>
Blink and Midnight was awesome. I like the horror in it
Midnight2352 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-30, 21:46   Link #33
Chiibi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Soul View Post
Noooo like I just said, I only want him to have one relationship with ONE person.
But.....I do not believe it is stated he is immortal in the canon sources?

Quote:
Blink and Midnight was awesome. I like the horror in it
I did too but Midnight really really REALLY freaked me the hell out.
Spoiler for Midnight's theme:

Going back to the daleks.....
Spoiler for Daleks vs Cybermen:

BWAHAHAHAHAHAH BURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRN!!!

I was rolling around on the floor. XD

Oh and it REALLY made my day to learn that Paypal offers dalek user icons!!

Last edited by Chiibi; 2012-05-30 at 22:12.
Chiibi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-31, 13:46   Link #34
JC...
I am a Pie

Daleks vs Cybermen, now that was epic. Still my favourite arc. Can't stop making comments about 'Torchwood Tower' when I pass Canary Wharf.
JC... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-31, 18:32   Link #35
Suomi
Kaiba

River...nope, haven't gotten to her.
Just watched Blink...and my boyfriend, wonderful as he is, watched it with me. I think I have him hooked IT WAS AMAZING. OH MY GOSH. So creepy, but so good. Now I want a shirt that says "the angels have the phone box."
SO COOL. And Sally Sparrow was awesome. I'd like her to be a companion! (Much more so than Martha)
Old 2012-05-31, 18:35   Link #36
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

And here I just changed from my Doctor Who sig not that long ago and I find this thread!

Im psyched for the new season though it'll mean goodbye to The Ponds

Also Weeping Angels scare the crud outta me!
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
White Manju Bun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-31, 21:08   Link #37
Chiibi

Quote:
Now I want a shirt that says "the angels have the phone box."
IT EXISTS! People sell fan-made ones at cons.

Oh yeah, this is good too:

Bet you never thought you'd hear a dalek say "bloody hell", eh?

And yeah, f*ck call centers lol

Last edited by Chiibi; 2012-05-31 at 21:22.
Chiibi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-31, 21:36   Link #38
Bri

Really like all three doctors since 2005. Tenant really brought great emotion to the role, though I didn't really care for his companions cept Donna. Smith brought back a bit more of the alien/weird side of the doctor and he has great chemistry with his support. Got to love Rory as a brilliant foil to the doctor. River Song's fully capable of matching the doctor in cockiness, no to mention Alex Kingston's silky voice...

Some new and creepy villains as well, the silence, the weeping angels, the Vashta Nerada, the Toclafane. I'm really looking forward to the new season.
Bri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-31, 22:33   Link #39
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Old 2012-05-31, 22:42   Link #40
Chiibi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bri View Post
River Song's fully capable of matching the doctor in cockiness, no to mention Alex Kingston's silky voice...
She's a Sue though. A TOTAL Sue. Her knowledge, her abilities, her origins....it's all ridiculous! She feels like exactly like self-insertion character from a bad fanfic...though you think she'd be more attractive.... But I don't even think she's pretty in the lowest form of the word. o_O

Tags
science fiction