AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2013-01-22, 18:57   Link #2121
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Oddly enough, unlike Sume I perform better in a platoon than out of it (see that hilarious charge in Lakeville with two Churchill 3s that ended with us -- the Churchills! -- winning by basecap), since I usually my platoonmates (usuals are Endless and Ute) know how to fill in for the weaknesses of my units (*coughs* KV-1 *coughs*).
Old 2013-01-22, 19:03   Link #2122
Endless Soul
Megane girl fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Knackwurst View Post
Thanks for playing the platoon, Sume and Endless... though that gaming session still ended at 3 and 15... :\
Well despite the losses, I still had fun.

Myssa, I'll be looking forward to some platoon time later. I always seem to do well with you.
Old 2013-01-22, 19:07   Link #2123
LeoXiao
思想工作

I suspect it's because Sumeragi's playstyle is quite...independent so having people with her lessens the concentration needed for the rush/Tank-fu tactic to work.
LeoXiao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-22, 19:34   Link #2124
Sumeragi
Banned

I believe only Wil can keep up with the Daigensui's "leading at the front" method of battle.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-22, 19:42   Link #2125
Gravitas Free Zone

Incidentally, are people playing all game types or do most of you have Assault and Encounter turned off?
Gravitas Free Zone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-22, 19:56   Link #2126
LeoXiao
思想工作

I should probably turn Encounter back on, but I've had both turned off due to the requests of platoonmates earlier and am too lazy to switch back.
Old 2013-01-22, 20:00   Link #2127
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

I have Assault turned off by default, though this is more a preference of mine than anything else (I usually get placed on the attacking side, which I don't really excel at).

Last edited by Myssa Rei; 2013-01-22 at 20:34.
Myssa Rei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-22, 20:04   Link #2128
Gravitas Free Zone

I turned Encounter back on, but am going to leave Assault off. Probably because 50% of the time I get Assault maps, it's Campingnovka.

I'd forgotten where the settings for that were, until you guys reminded me...
Old 2013-01-22, 21:14   Link #2129
Sumeragi
Banned

Invincible Königstiger:

Sniping Ranger Königstiger:

Old 2013-01-22, 21:23   Link #2130
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Considering hw big a Maus is...just what would a Jagdmaus carry?
Old 2013-01-22, 21:33   Link #2131
Gravitas Free Zone

Overall it seems that the matchmaker is determined to hammer my win/loss back to 50%, but I did have the giant RNG six-sided die in the sky smile on me... I hit a Lorr.39LAM (one-hit kill) from 450 meters, a KV-1 from 400 meters, and a M7 from 350 meters. Not too remarkable except it was with the derp gun on the Hetzer...
Old 2013-01-22, 22:13   Link #2132
Pen3

Finally Ace Tanker for this thing on 48th battle.

Victory! Map: Mines Tuesday, January 22, 2013 9:03:29 PM
Vehicle:: AMX 50 100
Exp: 3,968 (x2) + Credits: 49,851
Achievements: : Mastery Badge: "Ace Tanker"
Pen3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-22, 22:56   Link #2133
Gravitas Free Zone

It's funny how the caution I display in a Tier 7 match versus Tier 8 and 9 is replaced with reckless abandon in a Tier 3 versus Tier 5 match.

I ninjaed the kill credits on the two Churchills because while my team's one Churchill was facing them from the front, I'd go one block down, peek around the corner, and pump one slug every two seconds into their open backsides. They didn't even notice me because of the rapid-fire Churchill dueling.

At least no one complained about kill stealing.

Images
Lehväslaiho's Medal
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2013-01-22, 22:58   Link #2134
Sumeragi
Banned

Jagdkönigstiger:

Old 2013-01-22, 23:17   Link #2135
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

By the way, there are several guns on many of my tanks that I never touched, so I have no idea how they perform in actual practice. For example, I've never used the 10.5 cm howitzer on the VK 3601 H, nor the 3-pounde (?) gun on the Crusader. Outside of the Sherman, maybe I just don't have an affinity for derps in general...
Old 2013-01-22, 23:17   Link #2136
willx
Nyaaan~~

Wow, good night .. ~90% win streak over the course of the evening, capped off with the last game of the night being a hard fought victory -- I was not the one to shine, but it was beautiful nonetheless:

Replay: Commander Wilhelmson's Last Stand

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

For once in my life in a game .. I stood ahead of a team of TDs defending the southern railways in Live Oaks (and a sniping Tiger II), when battle was joined, other than encountering a scout (and an easily sniped T34) .. we seemed fine and it seemed that our western flank was falling. Thinking quickly, I uttered an earnest plea: "Too many TDs covering south. West is weak. 2 TDs head west to assist" .. which were met with .. "OK." and "On it."

What ensued was a battle where I held off 5/6 enemy tanks in my Tiger P which included an Easy8, T29, SU-101 and a T28. 45 hits later .. I finally went down, but it seemed like my act of valor inspired my allies, with a SU-100 and another TD charging in after my death to stall their advance. In the meantime, the T28 Prot. and JgTig88 I sent west had supported the IS-6 and mopped up the remaining enemies (including surrounding and decimating a poor Lowe). The rest was obvious .. the hunter became the hunted!

Victory was ours!

Last edited by willx; 2013-01-22 at 23:32.
willx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-22, 23:36   Link #2137
LeoXiao
思想工作

I'm surprised you didn't get Steel Wall. It looked like you took at least twenty shots. Also, when you were facing the T29, why didn't you aim at his hull?

All in all, quite heroic. I watched the replay to North Korean music.

Last edited by LeoXiao; 2013-01-22 at 23:50.
Old 2013-01-22, 23:46   Link #2138
willx
Nyaaan~~

Ha, well I died, can't get Steel Wall when you die .. I took 45 shots!

Re: T29 -- My first shot was at super long range and I aimed for a lucky top of turret hatch shot. I whiffed it so I backed off for better cover. The SU-101 was an easier target so I aimed for him first. By the time the T29 was rolling forward .. there were 4 people shooting me, I think I got one shot off at the hull .. which also bounced .. before finally going down. I may have missed other opportunities on the T29, but I definitely didn't see it in the moment..

I showed it to my fiance .. she was more amused by the diving shot on the WZ-131 that looked to her (at normal speed) to be in slow motion..
Old 2013-01-23, 01:01   Link #2139
LeoXiao
思想工作

Almost got Top Gun in the SU-100M1

Kommandir Ostrovskiy - Hero Tankist

Battle Report:
"On 22. January, Comrade Ostrovskiy, commander of a prototype tank destroyer, was ordered into the nth Battle of Westfield, where he displayed courageous valor with the destruction of five enemy vehicles. Prior to contact with the enemy he gave the order to maintain formational unison, which increased morale throughout the ranks. He and his crew set an example by supporting the discovery of enemy tanks, a significant deal of which were destroyed by artillery. Then, accurately judging the fascist echelon to be unhinged, he gave a clear offensive directive, leading the charge against two Vlasovite heavy tanks and defeating both. Then, with the goal of penetrating deep into the enemy's rear area and wrecking his artillery, Comrade Ostrovskiy made a beeline down the slope, where, unbeknownst to him, a lurking fascist tank destroyer wounded his tank gravely. Shifting priorities, the Commander set up his own ambush and turned the tables on the dark assailant. Ostrovskiy only met his match when a Daimler-Benz model Panther of the SS Division "Vergewaltigungsstab" took advantage of his weakness and destroyed the vehicle at point blank range. The Hitlerite was promptly located and pulverized by multiple shells. At this moment a momentary silence is reported to have taken the battlefield, as though in remembrance of the late Comrade."

Last edited by LeoXiao; 2013-01-23 at 06:32.
Old 2013-01-23, 01:40   Link #2140
Strigon 13
Electrosphere

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoXiao View Post
Almost got Top Gun in the SU-100M1

Kommandir Ostrovskiy - Hero Tankist

Battle Report:
Spoiler:

You know, I will say that this deserve to be made a movie... or a machinima in this case.

-------------------------

You know you're awesome when the team work together to change the tide of a lost battle.

Spoiler:

We were losing at the start 0>5, because our right flank was literally obliterated at the first 2 minutes and our enemy was advancing. A valentine and me changed course to support the flank, the valentine engaged the T40 but it had to retreat when enemy arty started to hammer him, i got on the back of the T40 and rammed him, killing him. Later on an enemy Valentine surprised me when i passed on the side of a rock and tracked me, i shot him in the front and i don't know how but i managed to break his gun and i started to circle him, the Valentine helped me on tracking him and I blowed him up. We advanced and started to look for the enemy arty, when i stop only inches before a bush and found the M37 ready to shoot me, but i was faster with the mouse and oneshoted him. I did a turn to help an ally to use myself as bait to discover the position on a enemy Hetzer, only to discover that the Valentine was getting hammered by the Lee, with speed i got to the enemy Lee and made a shot to his tracks and delivered an gold HE right trough him.
We were approaching the base and by pure luck I dodged the Bison attack, I sent him to the moon with a well placed HE and i got tracked again by the shot of a Matilda hidden in a bush.

I used the repair kit (thank god i bought one before the battle) and got my ass out of there. The valentine went to draw his fire, and to give me the top gun medal. When the enemy appeared, the Valentine, our arty, the SU-76 and I opened fire simultaneously and we killed him in less than a second, unfortunately i didn't got top gun because our arty got him... by accident

It was a good demonstration of teamwork, and killing the T40 and enemy valentine helped us to break trough the enemy base and win.

Last edited by Strigon 13; 2013-01-23 at 02:09.
Strigon 13 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mmo games, war game, wargaming.net, world of tanks