AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2015-03-28, 09:34   Link #381
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

people might disagree but I rate this higher than World Break and Absolute Duo (This might changed because we haven't seen the last episode of World Break)

In last episode,
The battle is intense and very tactical
I stopped the film several times to chew up the whole plan
Several weird thing maybe the fact that Yuu defeated Kili easily while he barely hit her in their previous fight.. Maybe it is because Tear is together with Kili so he can't go full power

I enjoyed this very much and looking forward for the next season
I wonder if there is a "comatose" Yuu in the future because he lost all his memories and values as human
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-28, 09:38   Link #382
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by kukuru View Post
If you're going to criticize at least try to be accurate....like...at least make it like you watched the episode, and not try to read a blog summary excerpt.

The "Human phrase" is well explain. It was thoroughly hinted, expanded through the series. Why would they need to explain it at all.

And they went way past plan ABC. It was technically plan Z aka the unexplained, "do or die plan".

A was if a beam lasted more then 5 seconds (stay longer instead of evac) they couldn't evac

B was if it fires a 2nd time they had to deploy anti air cushion (because they can't evac)

C is if he moves. (he did not but he broke it using the clever early fire idea).

Last ditch effort was an all out blitz on him before he could recharge his beams. (This heavily assume he had no more trumps in his secret stash). And this the most risky and completely un-announced(off screen-ed plan)

Last ditch plan is basically all or nothing against a dragon. A single beam attack and no one makes it out alive likely.
Nah, I agree the whole Yuu beating her this time because "she's human" is pretty stupid. He hasn't had an issue blowing up non-human dragons or not killing people previously. Regardless of a mental state thing, to say he can just overpower someone that OP just by running at her quickly seems a bit goofy. Time to get Kiri in the harem so even though she's just that darn powerful we need her to lose for no good reason.
Old 2015-03-28, 10:24   Link #383
Vaans
NEET

The ending was ok. So he finally told his secret to someone.

I want more Lisa.

http://coolfunnyquotes.com .”
Vaans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-28, 10:42   Link #384
kukuru

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Nah, I agree the whole Yuu beating her this time because "she's human" is pretty stupid. He hasn't had an issue blowing up non-human dragons or not killing people previously. Regardless of a mental state thing, to say he can just overpower someone that OP just by running at her quickly seems a bit goofy. Time to get Kiri in the harem so even though she's just that darn powerful we need her to lose for no good reason.
Another person who isnt quite paying attention. While the script writer and animation isnt great....geezz

Its basicly a a poker player that sits at a table vs at a video slot machine.

Yuu took the split timing(thus slow motion) broke her technique just enough of an opening and went for a throat stab.

Seriously does everything need an inner monolgue for people to comperenhend a scene?
kukuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-28, 12:29   Link #385
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImperialFlameGod8190 View Post
testament got it because everyone wanted the fanservice HOWEVER the story was lacking so everyones pretty much waiting for BD's. None of the big 4 are good enough frankly. So far the only one i've yet to have a full review for is WB and amazingly its gonna end up second when it was worse then Fanfnir pretty recently.
I got to agree. among the 4 light novel (minus stupid fan service show) that I watched this season.

I liked most fafnir then duo then testament and lastly world break. but as world break continues its disaster 2 episode per episode. At least the story and its creation is consistent that I want to stab the production.

Fafnir is worst >_>

it turn from the best to meh.

The last episode is.... well boring >_> I still find it funny when kili move away. its animation is like a kid doing star affects or something. -_- pretty mediciore. it takes a sudden 90 to 180 degree nosedive.

the battle with basilisk... while the strategy is ... >_> o...kay.

The animation.. okay I will stop ranting about how bad it is because everybody knows its. its just gets on my nerves.

Okay ending for mitsuki and lisa. They make up and Mitsuki with Yuu too. With Mitsuki not giving up on her dream but I think Yuu already forgets about it. He seems surprised when Mitsuki said when the day they become siblings. Maybe Yuu thought they are really siblings all this time because he doesn't have memory about his early years.

What's the deal with major loki? that part wasn't revealed or cleared at all.

Kili..... nice and hot girl but the battle is also meh with Yuu. As for Yuu not killing him because he deemed him human... I don't know. Its not good enough of a reason but I'll let it pass.

As for the ending with Iris...

I just wish there is a better bgm there and good animation.

it just lacks the impact but its a good one.

it just doesn't feel of an ending at all.

pretty meh.

Now my rating is for 4 LN this season is World break then fafnir then duo. That's all. I don't know any other light novel worth watching after this 3 and even these 3 are pretty meh too for other light novel adaptation.
Old 2015-03-28, 13:39   Link #386
Marina2

In the last ep. ED sounds a bit different. I guess that it was sung by all girls cast. ( I think)
Old 2015-03-28, 14:28   Link #387
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina2 View Post
In the last ep. ED sounds a bit different. I guess that it was sung by all girls cast. ( I think)
I was wondering about that too

I didn't find that version in the album
Maybe it would appear at OST album
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-29, 00:12   Link #388
kukuru

It's not terribly deep, but what you going to do it's an LN. It's already, more drama then fun, and a bit of suspense.

Better then a soap, but just, adaptations are going to be like that.

The problem with going with drama instead of fan-dom like World break and testament, is that it's not light-hearted enough to go the "pop corn route". So when the LN try to dance the fine line of LN world with drama-tear-gash and ix it in a cut up anime, what do you want?

I'll still go Fafnir over an Eva though. If i wanted "totally messed up drama", i wouldn't be doing casual watching.
kukuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-29, 00:15   Link #389
Malicre

this was better then isuca and duo but world break still beats it imo.

i don't ever rate shinmai as its just a dxd ripoff.
Malicre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-29, 04:09   Link #390
Benigmatica
Deadpan Rambler

Send a message via Yahoo to Benigmatica
Man, I feel that Kili ruined everything... Sure that she almost succeeded on turning Tear into a Dragon, but I think she's flirting Yuu for the lulz!

Good end, but this is so generic to me in my opinion!
Benigmatica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-29, 05:36   Link #391
TJR

Diomedea Winter 2015

I haven't watched these shows or followed the studio closely, but here goes nothing.....

Production Breakdown

Kantai Collection: All 12 episodes produced in-house, a first for Diomedea
World Break: 7 in-house, 5 outsourced
Cute High Earth Defense Club Love: 7 in-house, 5 outsourced
Unlimited Fafnir: handled by Studio Blanc; 4 episodes produced at Diomedea, 8 at Studio Blanc

Coordination Leadership

Animation Producer
Akihiro Sekiyama (Cute High Earth Defense Club Love, World Break)
Shota Amano (Kantai Collection)

Production Desk
Yusuke Takahashi (Cute High Earth Defense Club Love)
Yosuke Shiroishi (World Break)

Setting Production
Nanae Hirohashi (Kantai Collection)

???
Eiji Kitamura (Unlimited Fafnir production assistance but a former production manager at Bridge and Tatsunoko)

General Points
  • In terms of head count, Diomedea has enough production management staff to cover four simultaneous productions (although animation workforce may be another matter). They scaled up and moved into a new office last year, so it's not as if management went crazy.
  • That's 16 production coordinators across four shows. In Fall 2013, they had 8 coordinators on two shows.
  • Current issues may indicate a haphazard and overly optimistic expansion plan.
  • In terms of episode production, in-house to outsourced ratio for World Break and Cute High Earth Defense Club Love is in line with previous shows
  • Unlimited Fafnir is essentially an external production with only a few episodes animated at Diomedea. They have an veteran coordinator on staff though, which may mean that the intention is for him to eventually run an in-house team (assuming that he isn't temporary help)
  • Kantai Collection received the most in-house attention, which probably reflects the value and importance of the property
  • .....However, special care may have gone into Cute High Earth Defense Club Love (no signs of severe schedule issues except on a single episode, nearly every episode was helmed by an experienced production coordinator), which is an original mixed media project for Diomedea. Interestingly, the light novel illustrator is none other than Akihiro Sekiyama's wife, Yumiko Hara. Furthermore, Sekiyama and the director Shinji Takamatsu have a long history together at Studio Comet

Other notes
  • In 2012, a major organization shakeup saw the departure of nearly every production coordinator on staff at the time (the remaining employee from before that year is line producer Yosuke Shiroishi, who currently holds a Production Desk position). The timing coincides with the return of production producer Akihiro Sekiyama, who helmed Kodomo no Jikan and Nogizaki Haruka S1 before taking on a VP position at C2C.
  • Shota Amano and Yusuke Takahashi were hired away from Seven Arcs, which rounds out the current leadership core.
TJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-29, 21:27   Link #392
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Well this whole thing was rushed there seem to be leaving a lot out that could of made this better

5/10 the girls where cute
Old 2015-03-30, 08:57   Link #393
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

The ending felt more like it's the end of a season, rather than a final episode. My only gripe with the series, as otherwise it takes the title of top battle harem action anime of the cour.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-12, 22:51   Link #394
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
After finally watching the whole season (pretty much marathoning through the Basilisk arc), while I haven't finished the others series that everyone seems to keep comparing this to, I still found this to be quite the excellent anime. Then again, I have no knowledge of the LN to compare this with.

Actually, I think I like both this and World Break (I'm not going to watch Duo) because they have a badass male MC... something that there seems to be very little of, especially in regards to harems. And then there's always Blade Dance, which NEEDS a second season to do it justice (and the 14th volume to come out, but this is the wrong thread). I won't say this was the most perfect of all anime, but the fact that you have a badass MC in a harem, actually possibility of the girls being transformed and dying for all intents and purposes, and tossing in some Norse mythology background... well, let's just say I've seen too many harems that were all fluffy bleh, so this was a nice change of pace for me.

I give it around 7.5~8/10

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Magin is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
harem