AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-12-27, 04:04   Link #21
snapxynith

Quote:
Originally Posted by martino View Post
Facial Hair Club?!? What the hell was that about like???

The animation was poor, however the simplicity does have its own beauty. The rest seemed fine to me. So far it looks like a calm slowly paced average romance anime. Nothing special, but not bad either.

Though I must say that her sister is rather cute....
That's a direct reference to Sexy Commando Gaiden: Sugoiyo! Masaru-san
You see Broccoli is <I'm assuming> friendly with the TBS broadcasting company.

The "Hige-bu" or facial hair club is a reference to Sexy commando and the club all the main characters are in during the duration of the show.

Now Digi charat(TV) the first series was a short five minute show or so, just as Sexy Commando was(Technically it ran nine minutes but don't crucify me over details). To fill a time slot TBS lumped them together in a anime shorts block called [Wonderful] http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/ency...me.php?id=4293

Even though J.C. Staff is doing the animation, broccoli is of course working in the background and having some fun.

So this is just a playful jab at some anime time slot buddies.

...Or I could just be full of it.
But it'd be nice to hear that my assumptions and logic aren't that flawed everyday.

Hahah, as a side note. When she's going to her club, the drawings on the door look a lot like the short and random "Ukelele Lessons" on sexy commando.

So...wait, if the Hige-bu is there...that would mean she goes to Wakame Highschool...
Old 2006-12-27, 04:38   Link #22
itzfurrball

Send a message via ICQ to itzfurrball Send a message via AIM to itzfurrball Send a message via Yahoo to itzfurrball
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilgamayan View Post
If I were 14 and that clever I would choose unemployment over a job as degrading as one at McDonalds. >_>
not if you need that guitar XD
Old 2006-12-27, 13:01   Link #23
kingdom_elladrel
Ayu-ism

Winter Garden, saw it and liked it Grown-up Dejiko and light-hearted romance seems to mix very well together despite her rather silly background from her much younger years.

Last edited by kingdom_elladrel; 2006-12-27 at 13:07. Reason: Fix typo
Old 2006-12-27, 18:06   Link #24
holyman282
Snape: "I hate Potter!"

If you were watching this show for the romance than i advise you not to watch Di Gi Charat lol
Old 2006-12-27, 19:56   Link #25
kingdom_elladrel
Ayu-ism

Quote:
Originally Posted by holyman282 View Post
If you were watching this show for the romance than i advise you not to watch Di Gi Charat lol
Already did watch previous Di Gi Charat series Like I said, this Dejiko is quite different from the silliness of her younger years. And silliness is what I expected from previous series.

In some ways, she's the same old Dejiko, in many ways, she's different and matured.

As for Winter Garden, I wasn't expecting anything. Once I started watching, it had that light-hearted funny yet romantic feeling to it, and that's what drew me in.
Old 2006-12-27, 20:47   Link #26
asterixvader

winter garden is ok. puchiko is perfect.. and it has better backgrounds.
but i wonder what happened to the planet di gi charat, to the fingers, to pyoko... to the planet analogue, to puchiko and dejiko's tails, ears and mekarabeams. they look completely human now.

they're just 2 episodes right? i think di gi charat's creator (or something) just wanted to know how would a 10-years-later story turn out. i hope they don't go any further with it.......
Old 2006-12-27, 21:07   Link #27
kingdom_elladrel
Ayu-ism

It's pretty surprising that they would create this, even though I enjoyed the 1st episode so far. With this, I would wonder what their plans might be.
Old 2006-12-27, 22:43   Link #28
asterixvader

you haven't watched the second episode?
Old 2006-12-27, 23:08   Link #29
kingdom_elladrel
Ayu-ism

I'm assuming you have.

Once the torrent is available, I'll be downloading it right away.
Old 2006-12-27, 23:17   Link #30
asterixvader

i downloaded it today but it's in japanese and subtitles in chinese or something like that. i didn't understand anything except "dejiko, puchiko" and "arigato". the video quality is good though.
Old 2006-12-27, 23:40   Link #31
kingdom_elladrel
Ayu-ism

Quote:
Originally Posted by asterixvader View Post
i downloaded it today but it's in japanese and subtitles in chinese or something like that. i didn't understand anything except "dejiko, puchiko" and "arigato". the video quality is good though.
Man, you're pretty lucky, heh My short-term memory is failing me right now but I believe the 2 episodes aired on 2 consecutive days. It could be any day now when the English subs are out, I'm sure.
Old 2006-12-28, 08:29   Link #32
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
just watched the first part and well i thought it was quite nice slow but sure romance comming from the two live birds so i guess this is what you call fate ~ such a small world to be bumbing into each other ever since that day when he gave her that cake ^_^

i do think tho that the young imouto is more my type

so this is a spin off from Di Gi Charat huh? might go and check it out ~

oh and to answer the above question...yep part 2 is lready out but it just needs to be subbed ~

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2006-12-28, 16:26   Link #33
Garylisk
Baka Neko!
*Fansubber

Send a message via ICQ to Garylisk Send a message via AIM to Garylisk Send a message via MSN to Garylisk Send a message via Yahoo to Garylisk
Wow, the first episode was incredibly cute. It's so different from other DiGi Charat stuff, but the characters are somewhat recognizable.

Spoiler:

Definitely looking forward to the next one.
Spoiler:
Old 2006-12-28, 18:12   Link #34
martino
makes no files now

So Puchiko draws manga in Di Gi Charat as well? (just to be on the right track)

I was thinking about the girl as well. I wonder what their relationship is. He doesn't seem really bothered about engaging in another relationship. Perhaps she is his sister, cousin or something like that...
Old 2006-12-28, 20:03   Link #35
Maceart
Doremi-fansubs founder
*Fansubber

Yah, the 4-koma's drawn by Puchiko were credited to be drawn by Koge Donbo, the character designer of Digi Charat.

Episode 2 coming soon, but the encoder's gone for 2 days, so a slight delay is expected.

AIR 2005! Kanon 2006! CLANNAD 2007-2008! Planetarian OAV/Movie 2010?
Old 2006-12-28, 20:33   Link #36
kingdom_elladrel
Ayu-ism

Looking forward to it

Last edited by kingdom_elladrel; 2006-12-28 at 20:34. Reason: Typo
Old 2006-12-28, 20:52   Link #37
Kilgamayan
Ow! My nutbladder!
*Fansubber

For those who want to know about the girl that lives with Takurou (and most of the plot)...

Spoiler:
Old 2006-12-29, 09:35   Link #38
martino
makes no files now

That makes sense.
Spoiler:
Old 2006-12-29, 09:57   Link #39
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
that clear some things up for a moment there i thought takurou was a dirty 2 timer

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2006-12-30, 19:10   Link #40
Garylisk
Baka Neko!
*Fansubber

Send a message via ICQ to Garylisk Send a message via AIM to Garylisk Send a message via MSN to Garylisk Send a message via Yahoo to Garylisk
Quote:
Originally Posted by martino View Post
That makes sense.
Spoiler:
I was thinking more on the lines of "friends with benefits" - - I must have a dirty mind :P
Closed Thread