AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Guilty Crown

Notices

Old 2011-11-11, 05:48   Link #1941
magnuskn

Quote:
Originally Posted by jzmagic View Post
Why didn't they bug the pen with a tracking beacon so they can just bust on and kill everyone?
Because those can be more easily found than something which only works when activated. Shouldn't that be obvious?
Old 2011-11-11, 06:15   Link #1942
Saber Nero

How Ayase was able to slap Shoe from her wheelchair?
Saber Nero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-11, 06:51   Link #1943
magnuskn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saber Nero View Post
How Ayase was able to slap Shoe from her wheelchair?
Rolled up to him, reached up.
Old 2011-11-11, 07:05   Link #1944
karice67
さっく♥ゆうきゃん♥ほそやん

I assume that this will get lost in the sea of post like all the others...but anyway, to take a different perspective why the clown...*ok ok* Segai gave Shuu the transmitter for such a limited 'purpose'...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jzmagic View Post
Why didn't they bug the pen with a tracking beacon so they can just bust on and kill everyone?
I'd argue that one good reason is that they can't be sure that they'll get Gai that way.

It also depends on how much GHQ knows of Funeral Parlor.

Take a real world terrorist organisation - it's like a network, with cells that can operate relatively independently, though probably with one or two mastermind leaders who have large input into plans and what not. And these leaders are seldom, if ever, in the same vicinity as most of the rest of the organization.

If Funeral Parlor were indeed such an organization (and if they aren't, which is suggested but not confirmed by this episode, then I think Gai's an idiot...), then what Segai has done makes complete sense. If GHQ wants to cut off the head of the snake, just tracking a third party who probably won't always be with the target is pointless. They have to know where Gai is with 100% certainty, or they'll waste what may be their best chance to get rid of him.

How Suetsugu Yuki drew the cover for Chihayafuru volume 34

Interview translations etc

You must free yourself from that illusion,
from the illusion that a story must have a beginning and an end.

"No, you are not entitled to your opinion... You are only entitled to what you can argue for.”
- Patrick Stokes

Last edited by karice67; 2011-11-11 at 09:45.
karice67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-11, 07:07   Link #1945
Kusa-San
I'll end it before April.

Some of you are really unfair toward Shu. He's not an ass. His behavior is understandable.
Kusa-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-11, 07:31   Link #1946
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

^Agree. Remember, he did said he's socially awkward and doesn't realize what he said might be offensive.

And that thing about Shu treating Ayase like that, while it's true most disabled people want to be treated normally, there are still people who still treat them like they're special, thinking it's the right thing, pity or they deserve the special treatment. Even some people i know do that as well. It's not that their insensitive, it's just they want to help but don't realize what their doing is hurting that person's feelings.
Old 2011-11-11, 07:38   Link #1947
Kusa-San

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
^Agree. Remember, he did said he's socially awkward and doesn't realize what he said might be offensive.

And that thing about Shu treating Ayase like that, while it's true most disabled people want to be treated normally, there are still people who still treat them like they're special, thinking it's the right thing, pity or they deserve the special treatment. Even some people i know do that as well. It's not that their insensitive, it's just they want to help but don't realize what their doing is hurting that person's feelings.
Yes, he thought it was the right thing to do. It's not being an ass to try to be nice toward someone. Shu right now, is one my fav chara. I really like Ayase too.
Old 2011-11-11, 09:12   Link #1948
casval cehack

The "bugged" pen itself could be a red herring. There's another new factor Shu brought to the Funeral Parlor: Kenji. Who knows if the GHQ already turned him.
Old 2011-11-11, 09:25   Link #1949
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Inori clone of someone? Nah, lets look at the clues.

-Gai mentioned that Inori is looking to be more like 'her'
-Shu knows of 'oneesan' pink haired girl from flashback
-Gai and Shu knew each other since kids
-mysterious girl at the end of flashback in episode 1 who looks like oneesan but not quite like it (the one with straighter pink hair that Shu met while it was snowing)

Connecting the dots, when Gai said that Inori looked like 'her', he most probably is talking about the oneesan that asks Shu to take her cat's cradle. Therefore, Inori and Oneesan must be related.

Thing is, Shu already seen Inori when they were kids already, as we can deduce this from the last girl on his flashback. I personally highly doubt that Oneesan would've had a clone walking about so soon after being infected by the virus. It's more reasonable to think that Inori is the little sister of Oneesan than it is Inori being a direct clone of her.

Regardless of her being a lcone or not, I am not gonna lie, waiting out whether or not Inori is the 'other girl of his past' is the only driving force that is keeping me interested in GC.

Oh, apart from HanaKana that is. <3 HanaKana

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoFarGone View Post
ShuxAyase > ShuxInori
So far with no confirmation on Inori's past, I'd have to agree. But then again, HanaKana > everyone else, and hearing her in an onee-san role makes me happy as she's often typecasted for younger roles. They really did sell ShuXAyase in this episode.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-11, 09:32   Link #1950
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Ayase confirmed for best character. Which isn't saying much, I know, but still, she was really likable and she has a strong personality.

Shu was mistreated so badly in this episode that I would have felt sorry for him if he himself wasn't so obnoxious (that's one big Calimero complex he has). I couldn't help but find the part where Inori rejected him comical. His face right before and after he tried to grab her hand and she moved it away from him was gold. And when he saw her entering Gai's room... oh man

Thankfully, it looks like he's starting to see the light and realize that the reason everyone likes Gai over him isn't that "hurr nobody likes nice guys like me" but simply that Gai has won over their respect and admiration. That's how it works. You have to prove your worth for people to acknowledge you. If he has truly understood that for good, then I say he's made tremendous progress in the right direction. He might even become a decent main character someday.

The most interesting scene of the episode was beyond doubt Gai x Inori's. Here's my speculation:

Gai has the apocalypse virus. This is the reason he is able to see people's Voids. Inori's blood helps fight the infection, but it can't cure him completely. He's on borrowed time. The Void Genome is a refined version of the virus. It grants people abilities without making them ill. It might have even cured Gai, alas...

Inori is obviously a clone of the person from Shu's flashback. She was either their friend or an older sister figure of some sort for Gai and Shu (she looked a bit older than them to me). She got sick with the virus and was experimented upon, which resulted in Inori's birth and later the elaboration of the Void Genome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoFarGone View Post
ShuxAyase > ShuxInori
Gai x Ayase > Gai x Inori > what you said.
Old 2011-11-11, 09:34   Link #1951
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Gai x Ayase > Gai x Inori > what you said.
Gai x Shu >>>>>> Every Other Pairing.

*runs*

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-11, 09:35   Link #1952
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post

*runs*
You finally show your true colors! I always suspected you had a soft spot for yaoi
Old 2011-11-11, 09:37   Link #1953
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
You finally show your true colors! I always suspected you had a soft spot for yaoi
I am against yaoi! That is the only weapon against shipping wars!

Maybe Ayase & Tsugumi ♥ Shu x Gai?

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-11, 09:56   Link #1954
revive4563

Inori is annoying, already. Honeytrap is not the cause. I really hate those vague attitude that common in the character like her.

Instead, Ayase is new my fav, of course.
revive4563 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-11, 09:59   Link #1955
Narzia
┐(-。ー')┌

This episode really made me warm up to Ayase. I didn't particularly like her much before.
That said, it's obvious Inori will end up with Shu, as much as I don't want that to happen.

I will, of course, still continue to drool over my favorite, Tsugumi, no matter how heartbreaking it is to watch, knowing that neither she or Ayase (both of whom are more interesting choices in terms of personality displayed so far and visual appeal for me) have any chance. Ah, what a cruel world it is.

Shu continues to rub me the wrong way. I understand his behaviour though, I can understand why he thinks what he thinks. It's just frustrating to watch at times.
Narzia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-11, 10:04   Link #1956
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

My problem with this anime , it seems that Funeral Parlor get more weapons , high-tech technology , strategys & stuffs than the "Anti-bodies".

Oh , 2nd problem , i don't have a liking in any characters in this show. Not really interesting.

Animation & "story" keep me watch this. Dunno for how long yet.
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-11, 10:07   Link #1957
Kusa-San

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narzia View Post
Shu continues to rub me the wrong way. I understand his behaviour though, I can understand why he thinks what he thinks. It's just frustrating to watch at times.
What's frustrating is how everyone in this anime is acting toward him : He's manipulated by everyone ! Except Ayase.

I don't undertand how you can like a guy like Gai who just manipulate people for his own sake. He use Shu as a toy. Gai is a bad leader. It's thanks to Ayase that right now, Shu didn't use the pen. Without her, Shu would have leaved and probably used the pen.

Conclusion : Ayase should take over Funeral Parlor.
Old 2011-11-11, 10:12   Link #1958
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Quote:

*runs*
Quote:
I am against yaoi! That is the only weapon against shipping wars!

Maybe Ayase & Tsugumi ♥ Shu x Gai?
There's nothing to be ashamed of. Come SaintessHeart. Come to the Yaoi side and you will understand and enjoy the guilty pleasure of a fujioshi.
Old 2011-11-11, 10:19   Link #1959
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

You guys are total amateurs. This is how it should be:

InorixAyasexTsugumi >>>>> Everything else.

Last edited by Haak; 2011-11-11 at 11:12.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-11, 10:49   Link #1960
mechalord
Deploying Funnel Cakes

I don't think Gai is a clone and I totally missed the part about him being 17! Are you serious? He's portrayed as someone who's older.

Maybe Inori's original killed his mom or sister. It's possible that Inori is a clone of Gai's sister as well.

Inori has the agility, speed, reflexes, hand-eye coordination of Spiderman and super healing powers on top of that. Oh... she can also dodge bullets. Something is off right there.

Gai seems to be on a personal quest for revenge. He knows a lot about the enemy. If he were clone he may not know as much. Maybe Gai looked way, way, way older in the past but Inori's blood restored his youthful appearance. He has a reason to lie about his age. He had funeral parlor steal and protect the Void Genome for him. They expected him to use it. But even though he didn't he seems very happy Shu used it... like he expected it.

Gai could have been a 47 year old general who saw some kids or his family get the hell blown out of them. He's then like, "I didn't sign up for this and steals Inori." He gets sick. Her blood cures him. He wakes up looking younger. People from his past don't recognize him, so he makes up Gai. He goes all out to destroy GHQ which he had a hand in creating.

Voids can allegedly only be removed from people under 17. I think Shu is going to try to take one from someone way older and kill them or go into a blood rage.

Shu is a headcase and his living situation seems artificially manipulated. His mother never visits his apartment. She never calls him on the phone. She never checks up on him. They never communicate even when he's taken in by the authorities. No text messages, no voice mail... nothing. He also got special treatment from the GHQ when they treat everyone like crap.

Shu is his "mother's" experiment.

Last edited by mechalord; 2011-11-11 at 11:08.
mechalord is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, noitamina, production_ig