AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > My HiME / My Otome

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2005-12-25, 01:22   Link #1
pianocello

My HiME/My Otome Artbooks

Has anyone bought any of the My:Hime/Otome artbooks?
I've seen 3 of them. One of them is actually based on the computer game. Didn't quite like the character designs so I didn't buy it.
There's another called "Destiny Princess". I bought this. It's okay but nothing terribly exciting or spectacular.
There's another which I just bought. The cover features the My:Hime cast by the beach. I'm presuming that this takes place after the series. Lots of lovely pictures of the cast in bikinis. There's a nice calendar. There are some nice pics - one of Haruka and Miyu fighting while Shizuru is "playing" with Alyssa. Of interest in some of the pics is how "friendly" Nao and Natsuki are with each other now. The cover clearly shows Nao clinging to Natsuki.

Anyone else have thoughts? Any artbooks I missed?
Old 2005-12-25, 12:41   Link #2
moyism
Wannabe Smut Writer

I'm pretty sure you got all 3 artbooks currently out for Mai-HiME.

I have the Gakuen Idol Mook (the beach one) which is rather good IMHO. Destiny Princess seems impossible to get via amazon.co.jp (and I don't want to pay through the roof for it). The last one, the one for the game, didn't seem that great but then again I haven't seen to many images from it. I do like the game designs though

There'll probably be a few new artbooks/mooks coming out in the near future for Mai-Otome, so just hang tight and wait to see.
Old 2005-12-27, 11:15   Link #3
Timon
The Timon

Send a message via ICQ to Timon Send a message via AIM to Timon Send a message via MSN to Timon Send a message via Yahoo to Timon
I remember looking over the Hime sight for the first time and noticing all the layout drawings they had over the school and major rooms. It would seem they'd have a lot of developement and concept art over the characters too
I always liked Gainax's groundwork books, even though those seem to focus more on the actual show production. I wonder why more studios don't put out stuff like that.
Old 2006-01-03, 10:18   Link #4
ando

Hisayuki Hirokazu's first artbook is out in February, 2006. Hisayuki Hirokazu is a character designer of My HiME/Otome. Its title is "MAIHIME 久行宏和 アートワークス"(MAIHIME Hisayuki Hirokazu Art Works).

http://www.toranoana.jp/mailorder/co...15maihime.html

Acording to the above web site, it contains illustration of My HiME/Otome, Cyber Formula GPX and Gear Fighter Dendou. But I'm not sure whether you can order it from the outside of Japan...
Old 2006-01-03, 15:19   Link #5
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

:stare: .... no wonder Sergey's so hung up on Rena - I WOULD BE TOO if she dressed like that even half the time.
For some reason, from that pic, all three of the girls seem like cousins or something...

...but dang, Rena just moved up in my 'Hawt Mai Girls' list.
Old 2006-01-03, 16:07   Link #6
Dagger
Nitro+ fan

Rena's eye color seems off, though. I know there's a character in Cyber Formula GPX who looks almost exactly like her... could it be that person instead?
Old 2006-01-03, 17:59   Link #7
ox2
~Deviant-OneV2.0~

Send a message via AIM to ox2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magus IX
Rena's eye color seems off, though. I know there's a character in Cyber Formula GPX who looks almost exactly like her... could it be that person instead?
Yeah it is the character from cyber formula GPX she's the model for the Rena we know in Mai otome, their eye colors are differnt
Old 2006-01-03, 18:04   Link #8
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magus IX
Her name is Rena Yuuki, and indeed, she has red-brown eyes rather than blue... But otherwise looks identical to Rena Sayers (except being younger?)

She's actually from a Cyber Formula game, rather than from the Cyber Formula show itself.

Last edited by brightman; 2006-01-03 at 18:15.
Old 2006-01-03, 19:16   Link #9
moyism
Wannabe Smut Writer

nice... preordred it via mangaoh
Old 2011-05-28, 01:19   Link #10
Shiho-chan

do you have download links for the mai-hime artbook scans?
Closed Thread