AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Death Note

Notices

View Poll Results: Death Note Episode 13 Rating
Perfect 10 28 41.79%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 20 29.85%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 14 20.90%
7 out of 10 : Good 3 4.48%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 1.49%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 1.49%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 67. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2006-12-25, 08:02   Link #1
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Death Note Episode 13 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Death Note, Episode 13!

Thread Guidelines
  • Keep spoilers from the Manga out of the anime thread.
    You may not even post manga spoilers in spoiler tags!
  • No telling or asking for RAWs.
  • If you need to in reply to someone with a reference to the Manga, either PM them or post in the Manga thread. Please be considerate of anime only watchers, too many manga spoilers are being posted, so please, no more!
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if not aired.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Try to keep the discussion on topic and future episode spoilers out of the thread whenever possible.
Spoiler Tag Usage

Using Spoiler Tags is easy. Using this...

[spoiler=title]Don't forget to use the spoiler title[/spoiler]

....will get you this...

Spoiler for title:

Please remember, no manga spoilers are allowed in this thread!
Old 2007-01-09, 12:02   Link #2
IchiKyo
大いなる希望の力、キュア・ドリーム!

Send a message via AIM to IchiKyo Send a message via MSN to IchiKyo Send a message via Yahoo to IchiKyo
*Link Deleted*
Death Note Ep 13 Images
As Asual, I will delete the Link when RAW out or when Someone post comment with Screencaps

Last edited by IchiKyo; 2007-01-09 at 16:47. Reason: RAW is Out
Old 2007-01-09, 19:05   Link #3
guiltygearxt
C.C. belongs to me

just wondering when is it gonna be out
Old 2007-01-10, 04:17   Link #4
Gattzu
Silent but Awesome

Patience young one, in due time.
Old 2007-01-10, 08:29   Link #5
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Hmm, that was nicely done.

Spoiler:

Winning animation helped a lot with this awesome episode, & i'm waiting for the "Misa is stupid" comments. -_-
Old 2007-01-10, 19:05   Link #6
deepbluevibes

ummm

maybe i'm stupid but it seems that all torrent downloads for this series show 0 uploaders and 0 downloaders?

not to mention that episode 13 is not posted yet people seem to be getting it somehow from anime suki...?? is there something i'm missing here?
Old 2007-01-10, 20:06   Link #7
ThoHell

Dang...Light is evil! Did you see that look on his face at the end? WOW!

I had no idea that, that girl was going to break down like that. That was kinda suprising.... I have no idea how things are going to go now, CAN'T WAIT FOR 14!
Old 2007-01-10, 21:36   Link #8
sekoj

Couple of strange things in the ep tho....
Spoiler for hmmmm?:

hmmmm I comment on the random pointless stuff.
Old 2007-01-10, 21:50   Link #9
ThoHell

Quote:
Originally Posted by sekoj View Post
Couple of strange things in the ep tho....
Spoiler for hmmmm?:

hmmmm I comment on the random pointless stuff.
LOL, random and indeed pointless, but good observation!
Old 2007-01-11, 02:51   Link #10
hatrednorth

When

Hi all fans of the series.

Can any1 tell me where to get the episode 13and ongoing, i have been looking like crazy everywhere and can´t find it, i just saw that it has been removed from this site, but can anyone lead me to where to get it.

Regards North
Old 2007-01-11, 03:02   Link #11
VRMN
Dangoism

Send a message via AIM to VRMN
Quote:
Originally Posted by hatrednorth View Post
Hi all fans of the series.

Can any1 tell me where to get the episode 13and ongoing, i have been looking like crazy everywhere and can´t find it, i just saw that it has been removed from this site, but can anyone lead me to where to get it.

Regards North
It's great that you like the series (it is very good), but it has been licensed by Viz. The good news is that Viz has plans to release the episodes with subs for download soon after they are broadcast in Japan. Yes they will be charging for the service, but you'll be supporting the industry by downloading them legitimately.

I also doubt that any legit fansub group will continue subbing the series in light of this.
Old 2007-01-11, 04:59   Link #12

Wasn't a part of the original definition of "legit fansub group" that they stop when licensed?
Old 2007-01-11, 11:16   Link #13
VRMN
Dangoism

Send a message via AIM to VRMN
This is true.
Old 2007-01-11, 11:30   Link #14
Trax
Rock beats scissors

Spoiler:
Old 2007-01-12, 15:08   Link #15
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Confession

As both Omni and Garten pointed out in their respective blogs, I do also agree with them that Ryuk's subtle but deliberate inconvenience forgetting to tell Light about the whole set of rules and Shinigami's nature plays a trigger for placing misfortunes and frustrations upon Light at expense of his identity being found out just for Ryuk to amuse himself or have fun.

However, for newcomers I must tell you that this inconveniences, which are conveniently acted out throughout each of the anime episodes, serve as a reminder that Ryuk's neither an ally nor enemy to Light, L, or anyone's else.

Shinigami are neutral, ambivalent, and ambiguous to the affairs of humans and do not become involved unless the Death Note holder (Light's in this case) coerces the Shinigami in some way to help him or her.

As we have seen in the previous episode, unlike Ryuk Rem's not that careless to let herself exposed her vulnerabilities to Misa.

Ok. During the previous episodes I thought of Misa as that capricious, valley girl with gothic fetish, lacking common sense not to disclose too much unneeded hints that would compromise Light and the Death Note.

But for some reason for this episode my outlook on her spun a 180 degree revolution. I became warming up to her and felt attracted, particularly with that black and revealing dress which makes her hot; her teary eyes; and that sad expression which makes her moe, though from a morbid view.

However, Misa's critical flaw, as I have posted in the previous discussion thread, that she's malleable. That means she's getting herself manipulated by Light to her own free will. And unfortunately, she has exposed too much of her vulnerabilities before Light.
The worst part of the deal she's well aware and conscentious that Light made it clear he's not romantically interested and not at all with her, nonetheless, she'll follow him everywhere even if that means also to a path for damnation.

Spoiler:

But, still I dislike how Misa deprecates her self-worth and individuality just for Light to embrace her with a diminutive hope, even if she's willing to put up and live a lie; evident when she gets all emotional, bursting to tears for attempting with every word to attain Light's trust; I do think that Misa was truly honest about her life story, but again the problem is that she gives it all to Light; her anxieties, frustrations, ideals, tragedies, all of her life issues as a deliberate act for Light to put her into submission of his will just to earn his trust.

Her initial anxiety upon arriving at Light's house and meeting him was played out naturally which made her reaction very believable; after all, she has nominated herself as Kira's #1 fangirl, so her nervousness upon talking to Light face to face was fitting, and I daresay it looked also moe to me.
Spoiler:

From this point onwards, the plot is going to thicken up.

P.S. Anyone noticed Sayu's priceless face when Misa stepped in to the Yagami's home?
Either Sayu thinks Misa's plainly weird given the latter's fashion sense or maybe the possible implication that she was shocked to find out that her brother never told that his "girlfriend" was such a sexy and hot beauty.
Old 2007-01-12, 17:49   Link #16
Quajafrie
Not here anymore!

Fantastic episode, though it seemed too short for some reason. I can't really understand what's going on on Misa's mind. Sometimes she seems completely dumb, some other times she can be a little intelligent. Who knows, maybe she won't be used by Light so easily. And I'm not so sure that the story about her parents is true...

PS. Light's smile at the end was priceless.
Old 2007-01-13, 09:03   Link #17
Trax
Rock beats scissors

Did you miss the sticky saying it's licensed and the license discussion thread? :/
Old 2007-01-13, 16:05   Link #18
magisbladius

As both Omni and Garten pointed out in their respective blogs, I do also agree with them that Ryuk's subtle but deliberate inconvenience forgetting to tell Light about the whole set of rules and Shinigami's nature plays a trigger for placing misfortunes and frustrations upon Light at expense of his identity being found out just for Ryuk to amuse himself or have fun.

However, for newcomers I must tell you that this inconveniences, which are conveniently acted out throughout each of the anime episodes, serve as a reminder that Ryuk's neither an ally nor enemy to Light, L, or anyone's else.

Shinigami are neutral, ambivalent, and ambiguous to the affairs of humans and do not become involved unless the Death Note holder (Light's in this case) coerces the Shinigami in some way to help him or her.

You're wrong, as written in one of the past interposals about the rules of a Death note, Shinigami do not know the whole rulebook. I believe Ryuk states this in the first episode, and also he says in this episode the detail (eyes can't see another owner's time left) had been unknown to him.
Old 2007-01-13, 18:21   Link #19
Codex

Spoiler for eye-catch in episode 13:
Old 2007-01-13, 20:36   Link #20
Setzu
Einherjar

Spoiler:
Closed Thread