AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-09-28, 17:47   Link #1281
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Sorry if old, but lol.

blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-30, 23:55   Link #1282
karice67
さっく♥ゆうきゃん♥ほそやん

Quote:
Originally Posted by darktruth View Post
Double-dipped on the Japanese releases, got in the perfect blu-ray boxset for season 1 today.

Spoiler for Working!! season 1 limited edition perfect blu-ray boxset goodies:

more photos including some shots of the guide book
Cool. Didn't know they'd sell it on mandarake...though does that mean it was 2nd hand?

*wonders if it'll still be available on amazon (or elsewhere) when she finally has money to buy it...*

On a related note, I've started listening to the new commentaries. The 2nd ep. is pretty good - and it seems like the mangaka knows of a certain line of complaint: about 1/4 of the commentary is about making Poplar more heroine-like (so as to up the "heroine-scale" of the restaurant) by giving her a romance, because that's what (Yamada says) you need in order to be a heroine! Yamada and her imagination go absolutely crazy in this one, and Poplar really can't stop her

ep 4 - even Souma's best efforts weren't enough to distract Yachiyo from talking about Kyoko ^^. Though he managed to get some...interesting recordings to tease, ahem, present Satou with

How Suetsugu Yuki drew the cover for Chihayafuru volume 34

Interview translations etc

You must free yourself from that illusion,
from the illusion that a story must have a beginning and an end.

"No, you are not entitled to your opinion... You are only entitled to what you can argue for.”
- Patrick Stokes

Last edited by karice67; 2011-10-02 at 06:17.
karice67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-04, 08:43   Link #1283
darktruth

@karice67 - it was actually in brand new unopened condition. A lot of "used" or 2nd hand media goods from Japan are usually in pristine condition or even mint condition cos it seems the Japanese people take really good care of these products.

I also completed the character song menu collection today and got the special manufacturer's bonus artbox to house them in.

Spoiler for Working!! character song menu collection goodies:

more photos of the special manufacturer's artbox

Conversation's deep
When you talk to yourself
There's no way to cheat
Cause you know you can't be no one else…
darktruth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-05, 18:09   Link #1284
karice67
さっく♥ゆうきゃん♥ほそやん

Quote:
Originally Posted by darktruth View Post
@karice67 - it was actually in brand new unopened condition. A lot of "used" or 2nd hand media goods from Japan are usually in pristine condition or even mint condition cos it seems the Japanese people take really good care of these products.

I also completed the character song menu collection today and got the special manufacturer's bonus artbox to house them in.

Spoiler for Working!! character song menu collection goodies:

more photos of the special manufacturer's artbox
True that. I have some second hand stuff from Japan myself, and it's generally in pristine condition ^^

Cool loot! (*laments being a poor uni student again*...though I suppose I'm not a huge character song fan anyway...I really should give these a listen though - I assume there's a drama track or two on each CD?) Satou looks pretty cool on the cover and box!

Interesting that you find Kamiya Hiroshi's song the best out of the ones you've listened to (let's just say he's...er...not known for his singing at all) - have you listened to OnoD's yet? From the few seiyuu songs I've listened to, he's definitely the best singer out of the three guys.

edit: more commentary stuff
  • episode 6 is all about the Takanashi family (including their parents - turns out the father was the one who did all the housework whilst their mother worked. He also became very good at sewing...but his daughters eventually thought the clothes were a bit too frilly(?).) Also, it seems like Takanashi had started going to school as a girl...until one day, when he went to a sleepover. At the start of the commentary, he also thought that he could relax since Nazuna was his partner, but
  • episode 8 - Yamada and Otoo - she spends the entire episode trying to trick him into signing (or rather, placing his seal on) an adoption paper. Fails of course, but she figures that it'll be easier once she meets Haruna.
  • episode 10 is hilarious. Satou teases Poplar the entire time...partially because she just doesn't realise what gets him so irritated!

How Suetsugu Yuki drew the cover for Chihayafuru volume 34

Interview translations etc

You must free yourself from that illusion,
from the illusion that a story must have a beginning and an end.

"No, you are not entitled to your opinion... You are only entitled to what you can argue for.”
- Patrick Stokes

Last edited by karice67; 2011-10-10 at 21:20.
karice67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-06, 08:36   Link #1285
kimpleng
Lurker

I heard there is Live Event of Working, or something like that included in BD. I try looking in Youtube but found no sample. Either I'm wrong when inputed the keyword or no one uploaded it.

What is actually this "live event"? Any site or blog that write about this live event?
Thank you for helping.
kimpleng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-04, 13:35   Link #1286
hellokevin11

I remember there is one episode with a really high quality sequence of inami doing her hair.

Anyone remember what episode it was?
hellokevin11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-07, 05:04   Link #1287
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
It's the last episode of the first season, where Inami is preparing for her date... With Kotori-chan, ahaha.
Old 2012-06-27, 18:13   Link #1288
darktruth

My fan-translation project for Animate's store exclusive drama CD given out to those who purchased all 7 limited edition DVD volumes of the first season from their store

Spent hours just starting this up from translating and timing the subtitles using Sony Vegas Pro. Anyway, I'm aiming to translate at least Animate's store exclusive bonus drama CD

Not sure if I want to try and do the other three from the first season as well (Gamers, Sofmap & Toranoana's versions).

Conversation's deep
There's no way to cheat
Old 2013-02-26, 14:46   Link #1289
darktruth

So it's been about 7 months since I last started translating the drama CD in the post above, but then put it on hiatus only until a few days ago when I finally got through to finishing off the rest of the CD.

Anyway, it was a pretty tedious job but I actually learnt some new things to add to my Japanese knowledge while translating it lol.

Short plot summary:
Takanashi, Poplar and Satou all turn up to work early and end up finding a box containing a "life" board game. They end up playing it to pass the time before work starts.

Spoiler:

Conversation's deep
There's no way to cheat
Old 2013-02-26, 15:06   Link #1290
Sumeragi
Banned

Thanks for the hard work.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-26, 20:52   Link #1291
Mazryonh

Sadly life has imitated art in an unfortunate way. Ryoko Shiraishi, the voice actress for Kazue Takanashi, divorced her husband on the Third of July 2013 after being married less than a year (from Sept. 6th), and now is a divorcee like her character in Working!!.

Better luck next time.
Mazryonh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-26, 21:01   Link #1292
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

There needs to be a crossover with this and Servant X Service....
Old 2014-06-06, 13:16   Link #1293
EroKing

Old 2014-06-06, 16:36   Link #1294
Dextro
He Without a Title

EroKing just reminded me that we absolutely should have more Working coming... at least I wish we had
Old 2014-07-08, 14:32   Link #1295
Courtney

Question Wagnaria!! (Working'!!)

I apologize for asking this, but do any of you know when the anime Wagnaria!! (Working'!!) stops within the manga? I tried finding the answer online, but I could not find it anywhere. Thank you!
Courtney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-08, 20:49   Link #1296
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
The anime stops somewhere around the 150s (Kirio was introduced in the 120s).

Yamada's family circumstances gets focused on around the 180s, if I remember right.

Tags
comedy, seinen