AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Soul Eater

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-04-27, 07:01   Link #1
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

Character Discussion - Death the Kid & Thompson Sisters

The purpose of this thread is to provide a place to discuss all things Death the Kid & Thompson Sisters (Patty and Liz) related.
To keep the discussion enjoyable for all Soul Eater fans, please follow the guidelines below and stay on-topic!

Patty . . Liz
Death the Kid

Note: Please don't use this for the specific episode talk, there are already threads serving that purpose.
Thread Guidelines
  • No campaigning!
    No "hate" or "xyz must die" posts. Discuss why you do or don't like characters without whining and whining or blatantly campaigning for your favorite.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
    Do not insult or harass other members for their likes and dislikes. Do not take it so seriously that you end up in an argument with another forum member because they express a fondness for a character you loathe. Discussion and good spirited banter is always welcome, but harassing people won't be tolerated.
  • Discuss, not Chat.
    Please remember that AnimeSuki is a discussion forum, not a chat room, there is a difference. If you wish to chat, then please make use of our IRC channel (#animesuki) on ZiRC.
  • Have fun, but post intelligently.
    It's great to have fun, but please try your best to add substance to what you post and make your thoughts interesting for the generation of fans that will follow after you’re long gone and on to watching some other series.
  • Use spoiler tags!Spoilers are allowed, but they must be enclosed in spoiler tags clearly marked with a proper title. Failure to do this can result in a BAN.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a title for the spoiler!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    to locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting prohibited spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.
Old 2008-04-27, 09:04   Link #2
sapphire-pyro
C.C. Loyalist

Death the Kid is my ultimate favorite character in this series xD

He's a genius. He's skilled. He's cool. He's got attitude.

He's funny. He's twisted. He's insane. He's crack.

Heeheeehee xD

I love his OCD! It makes me go ROFL a lot xD His obsession to perfection is so . . .out of this world xD I love it!

I love it that he uses pistols and a skateboard xD

I love it that even though he's a son of someone of high authority, he's not the spoiled ad arrogant type like most characters in his position are.

I believe he's the humble type . . . unless pissed. xD

I like it that the most powerful character among the main trio happened to have a surprising defect A character too perfect can be annoying ya know ^^;

The boy's got his priorities wrong . . . xD but I know he truly cares for his friends

Oh man . . .I'm so addicted to Death the Kid. I freakin' love this guy

As for Liz and Patty, they're a great combo with Kid. I love it when they cheer him up So cute and funny xD Haha!

I like it that Patty and Liz can kick ass even without Kid. Their battle moments had been cool
Old 2008-04-27, 09:16   Link #3
Westlo
Lets be reality

Death the Kid & The Thompsons are my favorite Meister & Weapon pairings out of the 3 main ones. They also are probably the best casted out of the 3 main teams since all 3 voices suit the characters pretty much perfectly.
Old 2008-04-27, 10:53   Link #4
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

I should have known sapphire-pyro would be the first member to post in this thread.

Well everything has basically already been said. All three of them are wonderful together, especially how the humor just bounces of one of them onto the other. Just brilliant, and i can't wait to see more of them.

Oh yeah and Patty is damn awesome.
Old 2008-04-27, 12:08   Link #5
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
I should have known sapphire-pyro would be the first member to post in this thread.
LOL I thought the same thing.

Kid and the sister's are definitely my fav team so far of the three. I love that Kid has faults that arent normally shown in anime. Alot of characters are neurotic but his is specific and the anime portrays it very well.

I also like how he's got his own initiative to create his own weapons. Funny that even though Patty and Liz call him spoiled, he's not using the fact thats he's already a shinigami to just get weapons, he wants his own and also has to work double for it. I like that about him.
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
Old 2008-04-27, 13:22   Link #6
Medousa
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Medousa
Quote:
Same thing for me! xD

Kidd and the Thompson Sisters (especially Patty) are my favorite Meister/Weapons pairin' in the three main.=D Kid's obsession for symetrical things is so funny, and he's damn so cool! xD
And Patty is SOOOOOOO cute! She's perfect. I love her voice! xD

I agree with Sapphire-Pyro in every points!*p*
Old 2008-04-27, 21:03   Link #7
sapphire-pyro
C.C. Loyalist

I can't agree more to the things you guys have added

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by White Manju Bun View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Medousa View Post
Same thing for me! xD
LOL! Mwahahahaha! Someone is obviously not obsessed, right? Bwahehehehe xD
Old 2008-04-28, 12:41   Link #8
Vanehei
Sousuke rules

Send a message via MSN to Vanehei
One more member to the menage trois fan club!.. just kidding.
I love this trio, they are funny and bad-ass team. I dont know what role will they play in the main story but it has to be really a really cool one.
Old 2008-04-29, 18:30   Link #9
To,oFy
just TooFy

Death an the Thompson sis are the best !!
I was so exited to see the 3rd ep just to hear Mamoru's voice once again ... and he realy did a great job !!
Kid's way in holding the guns is so freakin cool !!
The sisters fighting style is so Kakoii too !!!

cant wait to see them in more action ^^
Old 2008-05-02, 09:28   Link #10
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Manju Bun View Post

Kid and the sister's are definitely my fav team so far of the three. I love that Kid has faults that arent normally shown in anime. Alot of characters are neurotic but his is specific and the anime portrays it very well.

I also like how he's got his own initiative to create his own weapons. Funny that even though Patty and Liz call him spoiled, he's not using the fact thats he's already a shinigami to just get weapons, he wants his own and also has to work double for it. I like that about him.
Well, how else would he get a pair of identical weapons? Though I suppose Tsubaki, in her chain and sickle form, is symetrical enough...

But yeah, for all his "perfection" and privilege, he is very nice.
Old 2008-05-02, 15:41   Link #11
Zeroryoko1974

Send a message via AIM to Zeroryoko1974 Send a message via Yahoo to Zeroryoko1974
Ushida Death the kid is kind of lame. Liz and Patty are completely awesome.
Old 2008-05-02, 15:57   Link #12
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Tsubaki is pretty symmetrical in weapon-form or not

On topic: Death, Patty, and Liz make quite an interesting trio of personalities, though I really haven't gotten a good estimate at Patty other than her *seeming* as simple as a brick. They haven't really given her much in the way of dialog yet

I don't have a particular favorite amongst the 3 teams we've been shown - they each provide different forms of entertainment.

I will say before anyone thinks Death's gun-holding style is so cool they want to try it: don't. I can't think of a better way to either:
1) break your finger.
2) slice the pinky-side of your hand wide open from the auto-load blowback.
3) shoot yourself in the foot and/or,
4) shoot yourself in the groin.

Its a nice fantasy effect of cool but I have to assume the twins are magically negating all recoil from weapons that appear to be .45cal (or at least bigger than 9mm).
Old 2008-05-02, 16:23   Link #13
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

That, or Kid is just that strong.
Old 2008-05-02, 17:18   Link #14
DJ_RockmanX
性転換 団長

Send a message via AIM to DJ_RockmanX Send a message via MSN to DJ_RockmanX
Let's just use the "He's a Shinigami" explanation and be done with it.

Old 2008-05-02, 18:40   Link #15
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

My main intent is that some idiot not think its so cool they try it themselves. I wasn't implying Death didn't have a workaround.
Old 2008-05-02, 21:18   Link #16
Kagedanji
Doughy goodness. I think.

Amazing how his OCD hasn't gotten so far as to say things like, "GAH, my hand's fingers are all at different lengths! I must shorten them! *grabs knife*" or "The grip on this handgun is meant for my hand to hold it with the index finger on the trigger. I'VE BEEN SUCH A FOOL!"
Old 2008-05-02, 22:21   Link #17
sapphire-pyro
C.C. Loyalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
I will say before anyone thinks Death's gun-holding style is so cool they want to try it: don't. I can't think of a better way to either:
1) break your finger.
2) slice the pinky-side of your hand wide open from the auto-load blowback.
3) shoot yourself in the foot and/or,
4) shoot yourself in the groin.

Its a nice fantasy effect of cool but I have to assume the twins are magically negating all recoil from weapons that appear to be .45cal (or at least bigger than 9mm).
I find his gunholding style cool but of course I won't be imitating him xD Those things can definitely happen when one does it ^^; hehe
I'm worried about the children though. They are easily influenced. But most likely they won't be using real guns of course, but still x_x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kagedanji View Post
Amazing how his OCD hasn't gotten so far as to say things like, "GAH, my hand's fingers are all at different lengths! I must shorten them! *grabs knife*" or "The grip on this handgun is meant for my hand to hold it with the index finger on the trigger. I'VE BEEN SUCH A FOOL!"
LOL! That would be hilarious xD but that would be incredibly stupid as well xD But maybe he compared the right hand and the left hand . . . they are symmetrical Heehee So even if the fingers are not of equal length, at least the size of the right hand is equal to the left. Symmetrical enough Heehee
Old 2008-05-02, 22:32   Link #18
Kagedanji
Doughy goodness. I think.

I've been wounded on my right arm! I must make it symetrical! *takes Patty and shoots left arm* HAHAHAHAHA!
Old 2008-05-02, 23:05   Link #19
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kagedanji View Post
Im more surprised that he hasnt done anything about this hair since obviously its a joke that the 3 white streaks arent up to his favor Im wondering why he never did anything about it since EVERYTHING else has to be symmetrical. Seriously though whoever decided to make him OCD has done good research on it since him leaving in the middle of a mission to chk his picture is very characteristic of that, epsc since he said he couldnt stop thinking of it. As said before I like that he has a specific problem and not just generally neurotic.
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
Old 2008-05-03, 00:27   Link #20
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

If anyone has seen the american series "Monk" (or been friends with an OCD flavored person), yes they've done a fair job on it.... some of Kagedanji's ideas are right on target for Death.