AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-07-28, 12:10   Link #441
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarmel View Post
The problem I have with this show is that parts of it seem so tonally disconnected from other parts. We have these stupid club activities which are so lighthearted and fluffy and then other extremely serious parts to it and they don't really mesh that well.
i know right i watched the first ep and saw that girl hit by the car at the start then what followed that..........it just didnt match at all so i dropped it straight away. i dont like animes who are jumping from one extreme to the next.
Old 2012-07-28, 12:54   Link #442
Jmko
Normal Member
*Graphic Designer

Our MC and Tachibana Junichi are on the same level of pervertedness.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenjiChan View Post
Funny, but the Posters are more like a Campaign for next Anime Idol.
Looks like normal japanese campaign posters.

Jmko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-28, 16:39   Link #443
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
And that's the main reason I have struggled to find any interest in this show, while loving Kokoro Connect from the start.
But that's just me. Sorry to be negative. I'm still watching, hoping things will start to click for me.
To each their own Kaoru... you can't possibly like every anime in the sun (goodness knows there's a bunch of anime I hate that everyone else loves), so no need to be sorry. I personally love this show because it has such a heavy emphasis on the election part. Which is quite unique as I can't recall any anime like it, but I can understand that not everyone is going to like it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
Yes but different types of anime will often have different types of storytelling and that includes how it establishes it's identity
And I didn't say otherwise. I just personally have a beef with how Kokoro Connect did it's identity, as it took way too long.

Quote:
These are all rather superfluous at the moment. I wouldn't say it's established itself quite well yet. I dodn't even realise there was a love triangle forming. I just thought Oojima was raising flags like normal. And I had no idea that her Choco phobia is tied to her obvious romance with Oojima that way.
If that's how you think... well, there's nothing I can say that will change your mind. I mean, how can you miss the scene where Chisato goes bonkers when Oojima meets up with Satsuki?

Spoiler for comparison to Kokoro Connect:

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2012-07-28 at 21:53. Reason: Added spoiler tags for (off-topic?) comparison
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-28, 18:47   Link #444
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
And I didn't say otherwise. I just personally have a beef with how Kokoro Connect did it's identity, as it took way too long.
That sounds more like a general comment than an actual argument.

Quote:
If that's how you think... well, there's nothing I can say that will change your mind. I mean, how can you miss the scene where Chisato goes bonkers when Oojima meets up with Satsuki?
Played for laughs. I was actually even more convinced they weren't going to go anywhere too serious with a love triangle after seeing that.

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2012-07-28 at 21:53. Reason: added spoiler tags for off-topic comparison
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-28, 21:14   Link #445
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

How many people are running it looks like the whole school is and how much cuter can Michiru get

Poor Isara she being bullied
Old 2012-07-28, 21:17   Link #446
Midonin
Last Engage

We'll have plenty of time to work out our issues with the show, because this is yet another program going on a two-week break (and subsequent two-episode return) because of the Olympiad.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-28, 21:52   Link #447
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midonin View Post
We'll have plenty of time to work out our issues with the show, because this is yet another program going on a two-week break (and subsequent two-episode return) because of the Olympiad.
Interesting. The Blu-Rays suggest the show will have 13 episodes, but the break (and double-broadcast) suggests the 13th episode could be a bonus episode and not air on TV. I guess we'll see...
Old 2012-07-29, 02:49   Link #448
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

So basically everything on Thursday late night is going on break?
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-29, 03:06   Link #449
superslinger2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midonin View Post
Thanks for the clarification.
Old 2012-07-29, 09:12   Link #450
BladeEntity
Anything's Possible
*Author

Hmm the Aomi situation is extremely rage inducing... and also reminds me of another character from Yume Miru Kusuri who faced bullying named started with A too.

On another note the drama undercurrent being shown actually makes the series more interesting as well as raises my expectations for the other heroines who might possibly have just as equally bad "issues" or even worse. Aomi is bad enough but there is promise that it could become worse.

As far as the romance perspective of series goes which is an element, well the only heroine with definitive interest is Chisato who has probably own Ojima the longest. Aomi and Satsuki have shown interest but not full grown feelings and well the last 2 heroines unless that get explored are probably not part of the race. My support goes with Chisato its been a while since a childhood friend wins from a VN adaption and her backstory still proves to pique my interest.

The whole scene at the end definitely created lots of sympathy... its damn sad enough said.
Old 2012-07-29, 10:37   Link #451
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Quote:
That sounds more like a general comment than an actual argument.
Wait a minute... we were arguing about something here? Again, all I said was that Kokoro Connect took 3 episodes to know what its truly about, but you knew what you were getting into with KoiChoco with the very first episode.

Quote:
Played for laughs. I was actually even more convinced they weren't going to go anywhere too serious with a love triangle after seeing that.
Meh. A 'not serious' love triangle is still a love triangle. Heck, I expect KoiChoco to be more grim with the Election part (or even the Choco part) than I do with the Koi/love triangle part. :shrug:

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-29, 10:47   Link #452
Pocari_Sweat
<em style="color:#808080;">Disabled By Request</em>

Send a message via AIM to Pocari_Sweat Send a message via MSN to Pocari_Sweat
Quote:
Originally Posted by BladeEntity View Post
Hmm the Aomi situation is extremely rage inducing... and also reminds me of another character from Yume Miru Kusuri who faced bullying named started with A too.
I remember that character arc from the VN. God was that disturbing. Poor gal
Spoiler for Yume Miru Kisuri Bully Girl Arc:

Anyways, back on the series. I was on the verge of dropping this but then Aomi started her arc which diverted attention from that god annoying Chisato. So it's back to watchable again. Still mega annoyed at the harem/VN cliches though.
Pocari_Sweat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-29, 11:01   Link #453
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Om Nerabdator View Post
i know right i watched the first ep and saw that girl hit by the car at the start then what followed that..........it just didnt match at all so i dropped it straight away. i dont like animes who are jumping from one extreme to the next.
For me, they're added just to expect drama later on, which were already hinted at the start.
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-29, 11:25   Link #454
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

I just read DragoonKain3’s post on page 22. Wow, I’ve never expected to be quoted as an example.
Quote:
And what most people said about episode 2? This guy sums it up pretty nicely.
@DragoonKain3
Spoiler for About Kokoro Connect:
Back on topic:
Wow, more and more about the election strategy! I like it very much! This is why I’m following this series. And yeah, realistically, I’ll def vote for Shinonome. Why? It’s obvious. On one side, we have Aomi, (from what we’re shown so far) a good lass and a very diligent student, live her school-life painfully coz her “lack of money”. On another side, we have our MC(s) who worked so hard to be elected just so they can still get money from school to have leisure time in their useless club that has no official achievement (or even no purpose) whatsoever? Thus, my vote will automatically goes to the one who has the guts to say no to these useless clubs and save school’s money for better and more noble use (and that one is Shinono).
Old 2012-07-29, 11:29   Link #455
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Wait a minute... we were arguing about something here? Again, all I said was that Kokoro Connect took 3 episodes to know what its truly about, but you knew what you were getting into with KoiChoco with the very first episode.
I took this as a statement of fact:
Quote:
One cour is too short to waste that much time just to get interesting.
But given that you were talking about personal opinion before that perhaps I misunderstood.

Quote:
Meh. A 'not serious' love triangle is still a love triangle. Heck, I expect KoiChoco to be more grim with the Election part (or even the Choco part) than I do with the Koi/love triangle part. :shrug:
"Not serious love triangle" to me is just harem shenanigans and no attempt at drama.

Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-29, 13:39   Link #456
Ray
Garnet

Images
Scans (somewhat NSFW)
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-29, 14:13   Link #457
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aphrah View Post
Images
Scans (somewhat NSFW)
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
I loved both pics, and the shadow used in the first one looks gorgeous. It's nice for me to see those main heroines in swimsuits, too bad we wouldn't get a beach episode.
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-29, 14:21   Link #458
Pen3

I rather get a pic of Hazuki in swimsuit.
Pen3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-29, 14:38   Link #459
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

Chisato is so adorable.
OceanBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-29, 14:40   Link #460
Mahou
ダメ人 - 人間失格

Quote:

"Not serious love triangle" to me is just harem shenanigans and no attempt at drama.
And just because a serious love triangle contains drama doesn't automatically conclude that the used drama is in any form and utilisation well-done. All those drama triangle I, at least, have read and watched has been pretty BS and were as fun as banging your head against a wall. Then again, I count to the group of people who don't need any form of drama to be entertained, so I'm very, very biased against it

@episode 4: Someone should push those b!tchy bully girls down a cliff or at least slap them multiple times in the face. It's sad that Yuuki, Chisato or Satsuki (due to her anti-bully sub-point on her mainfesto) weren't there at that time to kick them out.
Other than this rage-moment (which provoked the correct "rage emotion"), the episode was rather normal. Main focus still on Chisato and Satsuki; and possibly the start line for Isara? The election preparations seem to progress without too much difficulties (thanks to Chisato and the current student president) and Yuuki's in thinking mode after reading Satsuki's manifesto again, so maybe he will consider another selling point as well than just saving the club(s).

Tags
bishoujo, drama, eroge, politics, romance, school life, seinen