belatkuro
Kuro-chan

Spoiler for UW time issues:
belatkuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-25, 11:52   Link #4084
csuree
The Most Hated™

T-this explains everything. Thanks.

Also if they saw Alice break the taboo index, how did they overlook Quinella's rising in status? Wonder if they let that slide on purpose.
This advance in AI but in the wrong direction, as Quinella became bad, could have effects like in terminator.

If the AI based on humans has flaws like this then the problem is serious.
Kirito is in big trouble. Quinella has 200+ years of wisdom and experience, not mentioning she is literally a goddess in Uw.
Kirito has Cardinal but even that looks weak. Not to mention the impending goblin invasion.
Old 2013-07-25, 12:46   Link #4085
animefan36
Another Anime Lover

Thanks for the explanation
animefan36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-25, 15:07   Link #4086
coordinoona
Kitty Tit

Hey! New SAO fan here.
I have a question to ask.
I read the WEB novel summary here a few days ago -before making this account- and I'm wondering, do you think Kawahara is going to make Alice as aggressive in the LN? And when I say aggressive, I mean aggressive as in fighting for a relationship with Kirito. I'm a huge Kirito x Asuna fan and it annoys me whenever another girl joins the "already big and packed" harem.
Even though Alice is most definitely going to join the harem in the LN, I just hope Kawahara will make her more understanding of Kirito and Asuna's relationship + not try to fight her way through. Kinda like how he made the other girls in Kirito's harem, but then again, she's a robot so I highly doubt she'll be "understanding" in the LN.
coordinoona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-25, 15:56   Link #4087
Tusjecht
Anomaly / 矛盾存在

Quote:
Originally Posted by csuree View Post
T-this explains everything. Thanks.

Also if they saw Alice break the taboo index, how did they overlook Quinella's rising in status? Wonder if they let that slide on purpose.
This advance in AI but in the wrong direction, as Quinella became bad, could have effects like in terminator.

If the AI based on humans has flaws like this then the problem is serious.
Kirito is in big trouble. Quinella has 200+ years of wisdom and experience, not mentioning she is literally a goddess in Uw.
Kirito has Cardinal but even that looks weak. Not to mention the impending goblin invasion.
I suppose RATH was only able to monitor the rise in System Control Authority and Object Control Authority levels, and Quinella's rising levels were misunderstood as beneficial to them.

And not to start any debates on this, but I personally feel that this actually positively demonstrates AIs are still human. Man in history has been quite a basterd to his fellows in the past on numerous occasions when he succumbed to some of the more basic desires, such as greed for power and control over others. There's an an explanation for why Alicization turned out like this anyway, and it's as follows:
Spoiler for Why:

Quote:
Originally Posted by coordinoona View Post
Hey! New SAO fan here.
I have a question to ask.
I read the WEB novel summary here a few days ago -before making this account- and I'm wondering, do you think Kawahara is going to make Alice as aggressive in the LN? And when I say aggressive, I mean aggressive as in fighting for a relationship with Kirito. I'm a huge Kirito x Asuna fan and it annoys me whenever another girl joins the "already big and packed" harem.
Even though Alice is most definitely going to join the harem in the LN, I just hope Kawahara will make her more understanding of Kirito and Asuna's relationship + not try to fight her way through. Kinda like how he made the other girls in Kirito's harem, but then again, she's a robot so I highly doubt she'll be "understanding" in the LN.
Unfortunately - or fortunately - I do think so. I'm not sure if you've read the comments along the way, but at some point during the writing of SAO Kawahara shifted from 'MC x younger woman' into 'MC x older woman' pairings. If you think about it, at the end of V1, the part about Asuna being older than Kirito seems 'tacked on' in the sense that her age and mannerisms as expected of her age were mostly left ambiguous and unexplained. And (if my head-canon is right) Alice shot up to be #2 in line after Alicization, and she's older than Kirito too.

Edit: Correcting the bolded line; Fluctlights are the digitization of a human soul, so it's more accurate to say that Alice in her robot is a human soul in a robot body. They're exactly like humans in this fundamental way.
Tusjecht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-25, 17:36   Link #4088
coordinoona
Kitty Tit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tusjecht View Post
I suppose RATH was only able to monitor the rise in System Control Authority and Object Control Authority levels, and Quinella's rising levels were misunderstood as beneficial to them.

And not to start any debates on this, but I personally feel that this actually positively demonstrates AIs are still human. Man in history has been quite a basterd to his fellows in the past on numerous occasions when he succumbed to some of the more basic desires, such as greed for power and control over others. There's an an explanation for why Alicization turned out like this anyway, and it's as follows:
Spoiler for Why:

Unfortunately - or fortunately - I do think so. I'm not sure if you've read the comments along the way, but at some point during the writing of SAO Kawahara shifted from 'MC x younger woman' into 'MC x older woman' pairings. If you think about it, at the end of V1, the part about Asuna being older than Kirito seems 'tacked on' in the sense that her age and mannerisms as expected of her age were mostly left ambiguous and unexplained. And (if my head-canon is right) Alice shot up to be #2 in line after Alicization, and she's older than Kirito too.

Edit: Correcting the bolded line; Fluctlights are the digitization of a human soul, so it's more accurate to say that Alice in her robot is a human soul in a robot body. They're exactly like humans in this fundamental way.
I see. Thanks for the explanation!
I'm still trying to understand the Alicization arc as a whole. It's rather confusing compared to the other arcs; mostly because of how long it is.
Do you think there's a possibility of Alice jumping into the #1 spot? There's always this talk about how Asuna will never be replaceable in Kirito's heart, but I beg to differ. As a fan, I always feel nervous for Asuna even more so than she is for herself. Call me ridiculous, but this is what shipping does to you.
Old 2013-07-25, 17:57   Link #4089
Tusjecht
Anomaly / 矛盾存在

There's a small but significant probability. All the younger women: Suguha, Silica, Lisbeth, and many, many many more got flags but didn't get much further, while Alice has gone all the way to even assuming herself to be Kirito's wife. If there's ever a sequel to Alicization, Alice could overtake Asuna...

...assuming Kirito and Asuna are actually retconned from the official OTP, which itself is unlikely.
Old 2013-07-26, 08:31   Link #4090
shanksen

Quote:
Do you think there's a possibility of Alice jumping into the #1 spot?
I think it's a NO, because kirito said he will never cheat on asuna, those harem girls are just persistent for him
Old 2013-07-26, 09:35   Link #4091
Krono

Quote:
Do you think there's a possibility of Alice jumping into the #1 spot?
Not unless Asuna was dead, which is unlikely to say the least.
Krono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-26, 13:07   Link #4092
coordinoona
Kitty Tit

Quote:
Originally Posted by shanksen View Post
I think it's a NO, because kirito said he will never cheat on asuna, those harem girls are just persistent for him
Did he? I don't remember him saying that for some reason.
Maybe it's because I didn't take my time reading the LN; finished in it a matter of a few days. This would probably explain why I'm kind of lost when it comes to the Alicization arc.
Old 2013-07-26, 16:49   Link #4093
Flere821
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by shanksen View Post
Quote:
Did he? I don't remember him saying that for some reason.
It's from the Character Interviews translated by Tap on his blog, not from in the WEB/LNs.
Flere821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-26, 22:36   Link #4094
coordinoona
Kitty Tit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flere821 View Post
It's from the Character Interviews translated by Tap on his blog, not from in the WEB/LNs.
Oh I see.
I'm still new to SAO, so I'm not completely aware of interviews and whatnot. ^^
Do you have the link to the character interviews? I would love to read it!
Old 2013-07-26, 22:40   Link #4095
Tusjecht
Anomaly / 矛盾存在

All of Tap's SAO entries are grouped here. Scroll down to 'Popularity Contest Q&A.'

As for the Kirito section, I quote thus:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirito
Q. If you were to be unfaithful, who would you go with?
A. I won’t, I won’t, I won’t even imagine it.
So shanksen, as I've noted a few times now...whether intentionally or not, you come off as overexcited in your posts.
Old 2013-07-27, 23:43   Link #4096
Tusjecht
Anomaly / 矛盾存在

Post Translation Update

reekilynn updated on 26 July with a cover for V13 with font.
Spoiler for Originally posted by reekilynn, 2013/07/26:
'Subtitle' refers to the words 'Alicization Dividing' written in katakana below Sword Art Online. (アリシゼーション・デイバイデイグ)

The image is really small, and I can't do anything about it. Link is here.
Old 2013-07-28, 10:44   Link #4097
blackwhite67
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tusjecht View Post
reekilynn updated on 26 July with a cover for V13 with font.
Spoiler for Originally posted by reekilynn, 2013/07/26:
'Subtitle' refers to the words 'Alicization Dividing' written in katakana below Sword Art Online. (アリシゼーション・デイバイデイグ)

The image is really small, and I can't do anything about it. Link is here.
I don't get it. What does this "hint" imply?
blackwhite67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-28, 10:53   Link #4098
Tusjecht
Anomaly / 矛盾存在

I have no idea either, and maybe even RKL himself doesn't know. He's just noting the incongruity after 12 volumes of white text with black borders and suddenly V13 is black text with white borders.
Old 2013-07-28, 12:29   Link #4099
l.kostas

Tap has finished the translation of "The Day After" at his blog.
http://www.taptaptaptaptap.net/
l.kostas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-28, 17:49   Link #4100
Flere821
Lurker

@ 'Hint': I dunno, maybe a sign Kawahara's throwing WEB version to the curb and from here on the 'railroading' of the old version is going to be gone? /WMG

@ 'The Day After': *sniff* Beautiful.
Spoiler for WEB Alicization connection:
Flere821 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, harem, kirito, non-harem, possible harem, romance, shounen, tragedy, virtual reality