AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2013-09-26, 03:41   Link #9381
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Fail at Life View Post
Destiny should not have been made in the first place.
SEED was decently successful. That's enough of a justification for a sequel to be made. I'm pretty sure Destiny did fine as well.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-26, 08:14   Link #9382
Washu-Chan
Powered by AMD Athrun 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
SEED was decently successful. That's enough of a justification for a sequel to be made. I'm pretty sure Destiny did fine as well.
In terms of DVD sales, definitely. In TV ratings, it was lower than SEED's, but was good enough.

Gunpla sales? AFAIK, only the SFreedom was successful. And as far as Bandai is concerned, the "success" of a Gundam show is dependent on how well the show's Gunpla sell.
Old 2013-09-26, 08:19   Link #9383
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Washu-Chan View Post
Gunpla sales? AFAIK, only the SFreedom was successful.
Then why are they still making other Destiny gunpla models beside Strike Freedom? They obviously think there's a market for them.
Old 2013-09-26, 10:55   Link #9384
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Gunpla sales? AFAIK, only the SFreedom was successful. And as far as Bandai is concerned, the "success" of a Gundam show is dependent on how well the show's Gunpla sell.
Where do you even get that fact that only Strike Freedom is succesful? In terms of MG alone, beside Strike Freedom, there are Infinite Justice, Destiny, Impulse (Force & Sword) and the remaster Strike Rouge with the new Ootori Pack which sell like hot cakes. Now to make it simpler, let’s talk about Destiny Gundam alone: MG Destiny has two versions of regular releases (normal & Extreme Blast Mode with the Wings of Light) as well as exclusives/limited items (Clear edition and Heine custom color). Furthermore, Bandai made RG Destiny with three different color-schemes (Normal, Deactive, & Heine colors) just to satisfy the fans who wants more. And I’m not even mentioning the Destiny HGs (1/144 & 1/100) and the special editions for each one of them (Heine color & Clear armor etc). Surely Bandai won’t go that far for a “not successful product” .
Old 2013-09-26, 12:12   Link #9385
gordol
Banned

info from Ootori manual:

-the SEED war is now officially called 第一次連合・プラント大戦
-Ootori pack was developed simultaneously with the Strike Rouge
-Strike data was used in the M1 development
-Morgenroete made the Ootori based on the IWSP, since during battle there's hardly time to change packs
-Anti-ship Sword actually takes anti-MS combat into account
-The Railgun can penetrate PS armor
-The Drop Tanks can release Mirage Colloid particles in the wind to act as a stealth support system
gordol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-26, 12:21   Link #9386
S.Freedom

Quote:
Originally Posted by gordol View Post
info from Ootori manual:

-the SEED war is now officially called 第一次連合・プラント大戦
-The Railgun can penetrate PS armor
These two things interest me. Since my translation fu is fail I'll leave that to someone else.

Concerning the railgun being able to penetrate PS armor. If true it makes it even more annoying that it got stuck with crybaby Cagalli instead of Mu or Kira. I mean she's obviously not going to puts a weapon of that ability to any use sadly.
S.Freedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-26, 14:12   Link #9387
Admiral Larsen

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.Freedom View Post
These two things interest me. Since my translation fu is fail I'll leave that to someone else.

Concerning the railgun being able to penetrate PS armor. If true it makes it even more annoying that it got stuck with crybaby Cagalli instead of Mu or Kira. I mean she's obviously not going to puts a weapon of that ability to any use sadly.
You're not the only one. It also makes me wonder why they spent the money animating new scenes and such that the Strike Rouge has the new pack (aside from the merchandising aspect of it ()).

And don't give me the fact that Kira will eventually use it (and that they're probably make him stand a better chance against the Zakus when he flies up to Eternal to retrieve the Strike Freedom).
Admiral Larsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-26, 16:03   Link #9388
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
Concerning the railgun being able to penetrate PS armor. If true it makes it even more annoying that it got stuck with crybaby Cagalli instead of Mu or Kira.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Admiral Larsen View Post
And don't give me the fact that Kira will eventually use it (and that they're probably make him stand a better chance against the Zakus when he flies up to Eternal to retrieve the Strike Freedom).
Give it until the RG SF kit is released. I can 99.9% guarantee you there'll be a blurb about the SF's railguns being able to penetrate PS armor.
Old 2013-09-26, 17:13   Link #9389
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroi Hadou View Post
Give it until the RG SF kit is released. I can 99.9% guarantee you there'll be a blurb about the SF's railguns being able to penetrate PS armor.
On the one hand, it better be, seeing as how Lacus is aware of it.

On the other hand, that would mess with the fight with Destiny. Oh dear.
Old 2013-09-26, 17:20   Link #9390
Skye629

Quote:
In terms of DVD sales, definitely. In TV ratings, it was lower than SEED's, but was good enough.

.....Do you even follow/collect Gunpla man? The SEED kits, especially the MG (Master Grade) ones are extremely popular

In fact the most popular is the Strike and its variants, SF is popular sure, but even Destiny gets better service (higher quality) when it comes to the Gunpla kits

EDIT: Overlooked the AFAIK, my bad
Skye629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-26, 18:46   Link #9391
Aquaman OS

From what I understand the initial standard grade models sold poorly (the infamous picture of a ton of unsold NG Strike Freedoms) but once Destiny units started getting MGs and higher quality figures and such the sales of those were much much better.
Aquaman OS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-26, 18:48   Link #9392
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Shouldn't you guys be talking about this in the gunpla thread?
Old 2013-09-26, 19:33   Link #9393
S.Freedom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroi Hadou View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
On the one hand, it better be, seeing as how Lacus is aware of it.

On the other hand, that would mess with the fight with Destiny. Oh dear.
It wouldn't surprise me one bit if they retconed S.Freedoms railguns being able to penetrate PS armor. Just to keep it's uber powerful image unblemished.

And monster what makes you think Lacus would know anything about the Rouges development? Or that whoevers responsible for said RG SF kits gives two figs about it messing with cannon?

@Kuroi Hadou Says the guy who brought up changes to the S.Freedoms armament via model kit blurb.
S.Freedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-26, 19:36   Link #9394
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

If they retcon the penetrative power of the Strike Freedom, then we have a problem because Shinn would be dead.
Old 2013-09-26, 20:46   Link #9395
monster

Quote:
And monster what makes you think Lacus would know anything about the Rouges development?
Well, since they had independent access to the Strike Rouge and the new pack, Lacus should know about its existence, as well as its basic features. It's not like it'll be a secret from her.
Quote:
Or that whoevers responsible for said RG SF kits gives two figs about it messing with cannon?
That, I wouldn't know. We'll just have to see.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
If they retcon the penetrative power of the Strike Freedom, then we have a problem because Shinn would be dead.
I wonder if this means they will change that fight.
Old 2013-09-26, 20:49   Link #9396
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

I doubt they'll change it much. There was another time where Kira hit him with the Strike Freedom's railguns in the final battle.
Old 2013-09-26, 20:59   Link #9397
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
I doubt they'll change it much. There was another time where Kira hit him with the Strike Freedom's railguns in the final battle.
Didn't Shinn block that one with his shield? Ah, but I suppose if it's strong enough to break through PS armor, a shield might not work either. Then again, they could change it so Kira aims at the extremities.

Oh well, we'll see what happens.
Old 2013-09-26, 21:15   Link #9398
Aquaman OS

No Kira bullseyes him dead on and Shinn goes flying back, losing his grip of his sword in the process. Shinn even says that Kira deliberately hit him with a non beam weapon to show that he had the chance to kill him, and didn't take it.

It was the point blank full burst (minus dragoons) in the finale he blocked with his shield (since he was too busy dodging dragoons to dodge that). And then knocked Shinn around even worse than just the rail guns, to the point where Rey had to draw Kira's fire for him to recover.

Edit: Oh right you were talking about the final battle. Yes that was the railguns, and the cannon and rifles too that were blocked.
Aquaman OS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-26, 21:15   Link #9399
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
@Kuroi Hadou Says the guy who brought up changes to the S.Freedoms armament via model kit blurb.
Yeah, but you guys started that one.
Old 2013-09-26, 21:19   Link #9400
monster

Quote:
Since my translation fu is fail I'll leave that to someone else.
Bing translates it as "First Union and plant war."

Union should probably be Alliance. I suppose they used the actual Japanese word/character for plant? Hah.

Tags
mecha, seed it and weep