AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Hayate no Gotoku

Notices

Old 2009-05-25, 12:44   Link #1101
Used Can

I think a gay end would be funny.
Old 2009-05-25, 12:57   Link #1102
GDB

Well, he does have Izumi's butler in his harem... so it's not like it'd be completely out of nowhere.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-25, 13:59   Link #1103
qwertyman
Izumi is the best!

Hayate ending with Kotetsu would be fine by me because then Izumi would be Hayate's sister-in-law, allowing Izumi to call Hayate by "Onii-chan".
qwertyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-25, 16:50   Link #1104
9taileddemon

While I know that an ending with Kotetsu is not going to happen since Hayate would prefer if Kotetsu is dead I do like the idea of Izumi calling Hayate Onii-chan. Even as a prank or something I think it would be really cute.

9taileddemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-25, 17:33   Link #1105
Mentar
Banned

Thank you, but - I honestly don't want another School Rumble style idiocy as ending. It destroyed the entire franchise single-handedly.

Either make sure it's a decent ending which is making sense, or leave it open. Not some gag-style retarded finish please.
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-25, 18:10   Link #1106
Used Can

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
Either make sure it's a decent ending which is making sense, or leave it open. Not some gag-style retarded finish please.
So, you'd like to see a proper romantic development between Hayate and Kotetsu?
I think that'd be a good idea.
Old 2009-05-26, 07:23   Link #1107
Sixth
Hu Tao

I have a question regarding Hinagiku.

Is she the strongest female character in this series?
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-26, 09:31   Link #1108
qwertyman
Izumi is the best!

Quote:
Originally Posted by noobita View Post
I have a question regarding Hinagiku.

Is she the strongest female character in this series?
It's hard to tell. Teenage Athene hasn't done any fighting yet (as far as I know) so we can't really tell who's stronger between her and Hina.
qwertyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-26, 09:55   Link #1109
Sixth
Hu Tao

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwertyman View Post
It's hard to tell. Teenage Athene hasn't done any fighting yet (as far as I know) so we can't really tell who's stronger between her and Hina.
except Athena, Hinagiku is the strongest female for now? am I right?

Still, how big is the gap strength between Hayate and Hinagiku?
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-26, 12:32   Link #1110
Used Can

I wouldn't know, although I wouldn't expect Hina to survive after being hit by a car. I also doubt she is anywhere close to Hayate in terms of sheer strength. However, in terms of technique (i.e. if we're talking about sword mastery), I wouldn't know. Hayate seemed to be on Athena's level when they fought each other. Although, since that took place 10 years ago, and we do not know if Hayate and Athena have improved, it's difficult to compare them with Hinagiku.

We've seen Hinagiku and Hayate fight twice. The first time would have been during the race Nagi was participating in, and the second one would have been in the clock tower. In the former, the fight didn't last long, because Hayate tricked Hina. In the latter, none of them actually wanted to fight. All the same, Hayate seemed to be able, at the very least, to defend himself.
Old 2009-05-26, 12:33   Link #1111
9taileddemon

Yeah basically there is no real way to describe how large the gap is.

However, Hayate is for sure more powerful than Hina. Hayate is just way to physically strong.

9taileddemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-26, 13:34   Link #1112
Fandal

Hina's true fighting potential hasn't been opened yet. Hayate was pretty scared in the clocktower too and that was with Hina at a low power point. His fear there reminded me of A-Tan's fight (or vice versa). Of course, Hayate didn't want to use his special move on Hina. Hina doesn't have a special move yet.

In A-Tan's fight against Hayate, well, it looks like A-Tan was holding back a lot of her power. She didn't want to kill him but she was angry enough to want to beat him up.

If you want to talk about the strongest female, don't forget the Sister who seems almost as powerful as the butlers. In terms of magical strength, maybe Athena, but Isumi can wipe out quite a lot of stuff w/ one spell. Isumi is pretty funny. While everyone is fighting hard and about to fall apart, she casually walks in and defeats everything.

Last edited by Fandal; 2009-05-26 at 13:45.
Fandal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-26, 15:45   Link #1113
Tom Bombadil

Why are people talking about naruto style power levels in Hayate's Gotoku? If you've read ch225, you know power level doesn't matter.

Spoiler for ch225:
Old 2009-05-26, 15:55   Link #1114
Sterling01
霊夢→デレ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Bombadil View Post
Why are people talking about naruto style power levels in Hayate's Gotoku? If you've read ch225, you know power level doesn't matter.

Spoiler for ch225:
And that is...?
Old 2009-05-26, 16:28   Link #1115
Tom Bombadil

Janpanese raws are out at a mangahelpers place. I think it would be more fun to find it out by yourself than spoiled by others.
Old 2009-05-26, 16:35   Link #1116
Used Can

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Bombadil View Post
Spoiler for ch225:
He's dealt with worst things.

Anyway, I wonder how strong Machina is.
Old 2009-05-27, 14:10   Link #1117
xellos2099

It is quite sweet when Hayate told Maria he intent to pay the the meal with Hina himself, Maria smile and ask him how much he intend to pay and she will made sure the restaurant charge "appropriately". I felt that Maria care more about Hayate then Nagi does.

Last edited by xellos2099; 2009-05-27 at 20:32.
xellos2099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-27, 22:38   Link #1118
aldw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fandal View Post
Hina's true fighting potential hasn't been opened yet. Hayate was pretty scared in the clocktower too and that was with Hina at a low power point. His fear there reminded me of A-Tan's fight (or vice versa). Of course, Hayate didn't want to use his special move on Hina. Hina doesn't have a special move yet.

In A-Tan's fight against Hayate, well, it looks like A-Tan was holding back a lot of her power. She didn't want to kill him but she was angry enough to want to beat him up.

If you want to talk about the strongest female, don't forget the Sister who seems almost as powerful as the butlers. In terms of magical strength, maybe Athena, but Isumi can wipe out quite a lot of stuff w/ one spell. Isumi is pretty funny. While everyone is fighting hard and about to fall apart, she casually walks in and defeats everything.
If Hayate were any tougher he'd be a magic knight himself , in any case with the training Athena taught him plus his innate toughness I'm quite certain he can effectively battle with anyone in the series in the grand scheme of things.

Quote:
It is quite sweet when Hayate told Maria he intent to pay the the meal with Hina himself, Maria smile and ask him how much he intend to pay and she will made sure the restaurant charge "appropriately". I felt that Maria care more about Hayate then Nagi does.
Which is why if Maria does get together with Hayate it would definitely be well deserved.
aldw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-27, 23:36   Link #1119
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by aldw View Post
If Hayate were any tougher he'd be a magic knight himself , in any case with the training Athena taught him plus his innate toughness I'm quite certain he can effectively battle with anyone in the series in the grand scheme of things.
Though, isn't his toughness because Athena used some sort of spell on him? Doesn't that mean she could, theoretically, remove it? He'd still retain a large amount of his toughness, but he likely wouldn't gain more, and would lose a little bit (whatever the spell itself may have given him).
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-28, 00:59   Link #1120
Used Can

No, all Athena did was to heal his body. She said his body had a deep wound (Hayate replied he fell down once, or something like that; so, it seems he suffered some injury), but that it was strong and that Hayate hadn't realised it.

Tags
comedy, shounen