Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fate/ Series

Notices

Old 2010-12-03, 03:45   Link #441
Tiresias
Labda Prakarsa Nirwikara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
I thought Shirou was only good at tracing swords and anything else was too problematic?
He seems to be able to trace simple objects such as a blanket, and while a gun might be more complex than say, a simple longsword, it's still simpler than superpowered legendary weapons.

Besides, he can not only produce swords, but also shaping them into arrows, so his powers are actually very flexible. And even if one is too averse to use guns in the setting, replacing the Origin Bullets with Origin Arrows can work just as well

Quote:
(and I REALLY doubt Kiritsugu would let him go that path)
Normally yes, but that was more because he had never expected Shirou to participate in a Grail War; IIRC he had thought that there won't be another war for at least 4 decades, which by then his plan to sabotage the nearby leylines would have taken effect (read the wiki for more details). So yeah, that's one option I guess...
Old 2010-12-03, 03:49   Link #442
Heroslayer

Quote:
I thought Shirou was only good at tracing swords and anything else was too problematic?
That's the point of a Magic Crest.

Spoiler for Magic Crest:

Quote:
(and I REALLY doubt Kiritsugu would let him go that path)
Things go differently in these stories. That's the point of fanfiction, isn't it?

You would have to twist Kiritsugu's reasoning a bit, but I don't really see the process being too out of character. From what I've seen, he wants the best for Shirou. Being a mage is dangerous so Shirou shouldn't be a magus (is that right or is it mage I can never remember) for example. Twist that to, Shirou won't give up on being a magus, so let's at least teach him how to do it right so he doesn't kill himself.

Last edited by Heroslayer; 2010-12-03 at 06:54.
Heroslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-03, 09:42   Link #443
Cherry_Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiresias View Post
Well I don't know whether someone can inherit a Magic Crest, but I imagine a properly trained Shirou would not need to trace legendary weapons as often, since most of the time (especially against magi) he can just trace a gun with similar properties to Kiritsugu's Contender while not needing to worry about the lack of Origin Bullets due to his trace capability.
Shirou can't trace guns, and he can't inherit Kiritsugu's Magic Crest due to not being his real son.

Quote:
It's an interesting concept. Just keep in mind that Tohsaka Rin won't go even one kilometer near Magus Killer Emiya Shirou...
I don't see the problem, actually. She's not a bad person, so there's no reason for them to fight. Of course, the more interesting thing would be if he were to meet Sakura, and find out about Zouken....

Quote:
He seems to be able to trace simple objects such as a blanket, and while a gun might be more complex than say, a simple longsword, it's still simpler than superpowered legendary weapons.
Shirou cannot trace guns, canonically. He's limited to close-combat weapons, except if the thing he's trying to trace is relatively simple (like a bow).

Quote:
And even if one is too averse to use guns in the setting, replacing the Origin Bullets with Origin Arrows can work just as well
Hmm, interesting idea, but he'd need Kiritsugu's bones to make them. Also, arrows are probably not sufficient for that purpose, because they could probably be avoided without the use of direct blocking magecraft, and would likely not be fatal to a magus anyway.
Cherry_Lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-03, 11:25   Link #444
Heroslayer

Quote:
Shirou can't trace guns, and he can't inherit Kiritsugu's Magic Crest due to not being his real son.
Spoiler for Magic Crests:

Quote:
Hmm, interesting idea, but he'd need Kiritsugu's bones to make them. Also, arrows are probably not sufficient for that purpose, because they could probably be avoided without the use of direct blocking magecraft, and would likely not be fatal to a magus anyway
I would think that a reinforced arrow alongside Innate Time Control would be pretty deadly.
Old 2010-12-03, 12:36   Link #445
Tiresias
Labda Prakarsa Nirwikara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherry_Lover View Post
Hmm, interesting idea, but he'd need Kiritsugu's bones to make them.
That's where Tracing will be very handy

Quote:
Also, arrows are probably not sufficient for that purpose, because they could probably be avoided without the use of direct blocking magecraft, and would likely not be fatal to a magus anyway.
I'm not implying that they're to be used for direct combat. Remember, Kiritsugu himself prefers to ambush his enemies rather than fighting them head-on. And regarding the effectiveness of them against magi:

----

Anyway, there's one more thing to take into consideration when going with the "Properly Trained" Emiya: everything he can do, EMIYA can do it better. Remember that when writing Archer.
Old 2010-12-03, 13:40   Link #446
Cherry_Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heroslayer View Post
I always saw the family part as optional but highly recommended. I mean, the crest capability is something that is likened to organ transplants. And while it is hard to find a donor that isn't family, it isn't impossible. Not to mention the whole, do it over time that helps it go along smoothly. And like I said before I partially hand waved it with Avalon.
Well, it isn't absolutely impossible to transfer a Magic Crest to someone outside the family, but for a normal magus family (one that doesn't have generations of genetic fiddling to make the heir more compatible with the Crest), passing a Crest even to another family member is a rather painful process, requiring lots of special care and attention to prevent rejection. For a non-family member, it would be agony
Spoiler for HF:
So, no, it's not plausible for Kiritsugu to pass his Magic Crest onto Shirou, given that he cares more about Shirou's well-being than he does about making him a magus and that to do so would likely be impossible and certainly would be painful.

Quote:
I would think that a reinforced arrow alongside Innate Time Control would be pretty deadly.
Perhaps, but Shirou doesn't have Inate Time Control....
Old 2010-12-04, 23:42   Link #447
LostHanyou

Searched Kirei Kotomine as main character on fanfiction.net

No results

Searched Berserker. No results.

Isn't it sad, Kirei and Berserker? ;_;
LostHanyou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-04, 23:43   Link #448
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam
Well, considering that the most well known form of FSN is the anime, and considering how Kotomine is portrayed in the anime.... yeah.
Old 2010-12-04, 23:45   Link #449
Heroslayer

Considering how well other anime's are for putting side characters and extras a little.
Old 2010-12-04, 23:49   Link #450
LostHanyou

I'm going to find a way to make a fanfiction starring Kotomine and Berserker.

May or may not contain very strange yaoi.
LostHanyou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-05, 00:50   Link #451
Moczo
"Hey, Isaac?"
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Moczo
Kotomine and Berserker: They fight crime?
Moczo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-05, 00:51   Link #452
Ricky Controversy
Frandle & Nightbag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moczo View Post
Magic: they do some.
Old 2010-12-05, 07:42   Link #453
Cherry_Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostHanyou View Post
Searched Kirei Kotomine as main character on fanfiction.net

No results

Searched Berserker. No results.

Isn't it sad, Kirei and Berserker? ;_;
Well, Kotomine is the bad guy in the story, so making him the main character is pretty damn hard, and Berserker is insane. Plus, Sakura only has two fics where she's listed as a main character (and I know damn well that there are at least a few more where she is), and even Rin only has 12, so I don't think that Berserker and Kotomine having none is overly surprising....

Edit: Looking at it, Saber is only listed as having three. And, given that about 75% of the fics on there are Saber x Shirou, I think that tells you all you need to know about the current completeness level of the main character listings....

Last edited by Cherry_Lover; 2010-12-05 at 07:53.
Old 2010-12-05, 10:24   Link #454
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Cherry Lover. You just totally killed the joke.

So utterly killed it, you could give Shiki a run for his money.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-05, 14:24   Link #455
Tiresias
Labda Prakarsa Nirwikara

Quote:
Berserker and Kirei~
Berserker and Kirei~
One is a genius, the other insane~

Damn, that's pretty much a Moczo-ryuu crack fic
Old 2010-12-05, 15:32   Link #456
Moczo
"Hey, Isaac?"
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
Cherry Lover. You just totally killed the joke.

So utterly killed it, you could give Shiki a run for his money.
A moment of silence for the poor, helpless joke. So young, so innocent...

Quote:
Berserker and Kirei~
Berserker and Kirei~
One is a genius, the other insane~

Damn, that's pretty much a Moczo-ryuu crack fic
No! No, I will not! I've already had to basically ditch one project for the foreseeable future to get my fic load down to something I can manage in between going to work and looking for a better job! I'll not let you push anything else upon me!
Old 2010-12-05, 17:12   Link #457
Tiresias
Labda Prakarsa Nirwikara

Quote:
No! No, I will not! I've already had to basically ditch one project for the foreseeable future to get my fic load down to something I can manage in between going to work and looking for a better job! I'll not let you push anything else upon me!
Say what? Oh relax, I was just saying that the crackiness is very you ; if anything, I'd rather you finish your current ones.
Old 2010-12-05, 17:37   Link #458
Heroslayer

Alright, so magic crest is no go. Still is the idea of Magus Killer Shirou still applicable. I mean, Kiritsugu doesn't know much Magecraft other than what's useful for battle, but he does know Reinforcement which is something that Shirou can do.

Though I do have to admit, I plan on making a more bitter Shirou. I imagine that having Kiritsugu take Shirou with him when he 'travels the world' would be perfect for what I want.
Old 2010-12-05, 20:19   Link #459
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam
Random update. Rin/Shirou short, post UBW True. Brief mention of Sakura, but mostly Rin-centric, with focus on her father and Shirou.

Tagline: In her life, Tohsaka Rin only loved two men.

Spoiler for The Art of Falling In Love:
Old 2010-12-05, 22:11   Link #460
Moczo
"Hey, Isaac?"
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadiantBeam View Post
Random update. Rin/Shirou short, post UBW True. Brief mention of Sakura, but mostly Rin-centric, with focus on her father and Shirou.

Tagline: In her life, Tohsaka Rin only loved two men.

Spoiler for The Art of Falling In Love:
Very nice as usual RB. A really cute look into Rin's emotional state, particularly in the portions focusing on Shirou. The parts about her father are... well, less cute, obviously, but I like that you didn't take the 'easy way' out, and went the distance to show that yes, she still loves him even after growing up to realize what a deeply flawed man he really was. It really helps add a lot of depth to the character (painful depths, obviously, but this is you we're talking about ). And then ending made me chuckle; she's loved two men in her life, and if you put them in a room together, they would beat each other to a bloody pulp. Yup, that sounds like Rin's usual judgment .

Not bad, not bad at all!

Tags
character, discussion, fanfiction