AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Fullmetal Alchemist

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-03-26, 00:25   Link #1
Sandoman
Grand Anime Freak

Gluttony

First of all, just have to say that FMA is perhaps
one of the best new anime series out at the
moment. Gotta question here. Is Gluttony
perhaps one of the most disturbing anime
villians ever? Or is it just me? I mean, I can
think of a host of anime bad guys I'd rather
ecounter than Gluttony. As we've all seen,
not even Al is safe from this guy.
Old 2004-03-26, 00:56   Link #2
Lexander
www.thefestlanders.com

Actually... he did eat half of Al ... and I agree he's pretty damn scary. He comes at you to literally eat you and you can't kill him...
Old 2004-03-26, 01:23   Link #3
Nooj
Disabled By Request

He's also very fast and strong... I wouldn't like to encounter him...
Old 2004-03-26, 07:56   Link #4
Fighter Volk
Thanks sakurabatou @ LJ

I agree -- although Gluttony is my favorite sin, he is really scary and disturbing. Even Scar can't handle him!
Old 2004-03-26, 07:58   Link #5
Dragon Flame
Wet Kimimaro Love

Send a message via ICQ to Dragon Flame
i think if gluttony attacked me id use old, natural bodily defenses that humans have, but dont think are appropriate, i would take a large shit in my pants, and rub myself down with it, thus making myself disgusting and inedible, and for good measure id make a ring of fecal matter around myself,to ward off any opposing sins that might get ideas.... u know... ideas..
Old 2004-03-26, 21:38   Link #6
DEEBEE_

I agree he is crazy but then again he is not human either.

I really dislike this character but he fits in this strange but great anime well.
Old 2004-03-26, 23:30   Link #7
nak
Squishy

Send a message via AIM to nak
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon Flame
i think if gluttony attacked me id use old, natural bodily defenses that humans have, but dont think are appropriate, i would take a large shit in my pants, and rub myself down with it, thus making myself disgusting and inedible, and for good measure id make a ring of fecal matter around myself,to ward off any opposing sins that might get ideas.... u know... ideas..
Can you produce that much waste in the time you need to? I suppose if you had explosive diarhea..

Anyway yes, he's absolutely disturbing, considering the fact that all he ever says 90% of the time is, "Can I eat them/him/her?" His eyes and the fact that he was actually able to eat Al was pretty intense. I wonder what would happen if he turned into a human and actually had the ability to get full? Cause in his state right now it looks likes he's gonna just keep eating without sign of stopping.
Old 2004-03-27, 05:51   Link #8
Zauren
Master of Pimpage

Brr...

Gluttony is indeed pretty freakin' scary, yeah. I like him though, I dunno why. Mainly since he is the best manifestation of a Sin I've seen anywhere comparitively. Although I think Scar /could/ beat him in a straight fight; He's as fast as Gluttony is it would seem, since in the original encounter he deflected his charge and blew up his face as well as his arm. Too bad he can't die or be even affected by injury - that's a bit of a trump card. =D
Old 2004-03-27, 10:28   Link #9
ChainLegacy
廉頗

I'm pretty sure he could be disabled, though.
Old 2004-03-27, 11:29   Link #10
Mephista
Kemono no Renkinjutsushi

At first, i thought gluttony was really scary... but now... i think he's kinda cute. Cute in like a puppy way, that is. Those tiny, beady eyes, that eternally hungry grin... He's so round and squishable! Though surprisingly strong and fast. o.o He seems to have the intelligence of a child most of the time, maybe that's what makes him adorable. I dunno. I'm still not sticking my hands or any limbs anywhere near his mouth.

Quote:
Ummm, for some reason i don't think gluttony would care. They never show any details out of sheer gruesome gore, so we can't be sure exactly how much of his victims he eats. But if he eats everything, bones and all, we can be pretty sure he eats the insides, which includes the bowels. (I'll never forget that lesson gourry taught lina in slayers, how eating the insides of a fish also means eating the grubs they use for bait!) The only time he's ever refused a human feast was in episode 23, when he was fighting scar and "dropped him in a yucky place." But i think he didn't like the place more because of supernatural factors than a gross taste.
Old 2004-03-27, 12:40   Link #11
Sethi
StormRider

Quote:
Dragon Flame that post was like DISGUSTING, especially that part where you shit yourself and rub it damn. But like Mephista said i don't think Gluttony would care, the guy eated Al armor so i don't think he would care about smelly things.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mephista
At first, i thought gluttony was really scary... but now... i think he's kinda cute. Cute in like a puppy way, that is. Those tiny, beady eyes, that eternally hungry grin... He's so round and squishable! Though surprisingly strong and fast. o.o He seems to have the intelligence of a child most of the time, maybe that's what makes him adorable. I dunno. I'm still not sticking my hands or any limbs anywhere near his mouth.
Cute? Puppy? tiny beady eyes? adorable? are we talking about gluttony here or did i read the thread wrong?? *goes check no it's definitely Gluttony*
He's more like ugly a monster with evil eyes and scary but then again everyone has their own opinions
Old 2004-03-27, 21:45   Link #12
LinChoiSin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mephista
At first, i thought gluttony was really scary... but now... i think he's kinda cute. Cute in like a puppy way, that is. Those tiny, beady eyes, that eternally hungry grin... He's so round and squishable! Though surprisingly strong and fast. o.o He seems to have the intelligence of a child most of the time, maybe that's what makes him adorable. I dunno. I'm still not sticking my hands or any limbs anywhere near his mouth..
i agree Gluttony is exactly like a child ,i don' t find him disturbing at all and i wouldn't even consider him as a bad guy since all he just wants to eat.
Old 2004-03-27, 22:30   Link #13
Zauren
Master of Pimpage

Gluttony is not a good guy. He's a simple and pure individual to his desires, which is to eat. But he eats people, property, anything -- he's a cannibal if nothing else. And he seems to PREFER to eat people, otherwise he just gnaws on things that are interesting (Like a bullet stuck in the wall)... I'd agree if we always saw him munching on the background whenever he was around, but it seems to be a distinguished taste.
Old 2004-04-26, 07:23   Link #14
Fighter Volk
Thanks sakurabatou @ LJ

It's kinda funny, because yesterday I introduced FMA to a friend and I watched the first two episodes with him, and when Gluttony ate High Priest Conero, my friend called Gluttony a cannibal, which is something that never came to mind ^^

But he also seems to like chewing on his finger a lot.
Old 2004-04-26, 08:03   Link #15
triniti
Blue Angel

Unhappy Aaaahhhhhhh!!!!

Like a child that kills a man for fun scares anyone.

He doesn't look scary, and he doesn't think of the consequences of his acts (like a child).

What makes him scary is the fact that if you had a little child say to you I like killing, wouldn't that be disturbing?

If you ever saw a movie called "the ring", the vilan is a little girl and for me was the scariest movie I had ever seen!

He is definatly one of the scariest anime characters I had ever seen, if not the scariest!
Old 2004-04-26, 11:34   Link #16
Fighter Volk
Thanks sakurabatou @ LJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by triniti
Like a child that kills a man for fun scares anyone.

He doesn't look scary, and he doesn't think of the consequences of his acts (like a child).

What makes him scary is the fact that if you had a little child say to you I like killing, wouldn't that be disturbing?

If you ever saw a movie called "the ring", the vilan is a little girl and for me was the scariest movie I had ever seen!

He is definatly one of the scariest anime characters I had ever seen, if not the scariest!
Wow, that's a great picture! Scar vs. Lust and Gluttony was definitely an amazing fight...
Old 2004-04-26, 12:20   Link #17
avmoghe

hah.. I think Gluttony is friggin awesome!

He is by FAR the funniest anime character ever imo.... Everytime he interjects conversations with "can I eat him?" has me rolling on the floor

He also tends to repeat words Lust says, which makes him even funnier... Lust says something like humans are foolish, and Glottony says "foolish foolish" (in japanese of course).. thats just outrageously funny...

He is just like a little kid.. always honest and forthright

Best line.. (sounding truly like a little child)... "I dropped him in an icky place".... bhahahahahaa.. that was great
Old 2004-04-27, 00:31   Link #18
saden1

come on...doesn't that smile make you want to cuddle him? He is like a teddy bear albeit a scary one at times. I used to find him disturbing but now I've taken a liking to him.
Old 2004-04-27, 09:14   Link #19
Hao Asakura
Newbie arimasen

This character is sooooooo freaking awesome. Even Gaara from Naruto will consider if have to face this sick, disturbing yet childish villain.
Old 2004-04-27, 15:27   Link #20
a_nevels666

Gluttony is technically not a cannibal.
Cannibals eat their own species. Gluttony isn't human, so he is not a cannibal.
Closed Thread