AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > My HiME / My Otome

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-06-09, 14:16   Link #21
Codine

so yea its probily going to be Otome vs Child
ugh have to wait several months now for the finale.
Old 2007-06-10, 20:37   Link #22
overthere!

Send a message via AIM to overthere! Send a message via MSN to overthere! Send a message via Yahoo to overthere!
That's one thing I dont understand from this OVA. Why is each episode released several months apart from each other?
Old 2007-06-10, 23:15   Link #23
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Quote:
Originally Posted by overthere! View Post
That's one thing I dont understand from this OVA. Why is each episode released several months apart from each other?

That's the same as any OVA.
Old 2007-06-10, 23:37   Link #24
overthere!

Send a message via AIM to overthere! Send a message via MSN to overthere! Send a message via Yahoo to overthere!
Ah, sorry for noobness. This is my first OVA that hasnt been completed yet.
Old 2007-06-11, 02:06   Link #25
iamandragon
Martian diplomat

Send a message via ICQ to iamandragon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Codine View Post
so yea its probily going to be Otome vs Child
ugh have to wait several months now for the finale.
The HiMEs who bought humans to the new planet are the last of them, and their powers are all turned into 乙HiME(which should be pronunced as OtoHiME, though people just say Otome) so it's highly unlikely that a HiME will show up in Zwei.

Of course, we can't rule out the possibility of we having another artificial HiME like Natsuki and Alysa Serreas...
Old 2007-06-24, 02:01   Link #26
kehoe

mai otome zwei only has 4 episodes right??
Old 2007-06-24, 12:38   Link #27
Sikon
この世界は腐っている!

Natsuki was not an artificial HiME.
Old 2007-06-25, 01:59   Link #28
Shirei13
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by overthere! View Post
Did anybody notice that...
Spoiler for story:

I'm still puzzled about the relations of the two series. Sometimes I get the feeling that they're related, and sometimes I feel that the creators are just inserting random easter eggs.

What do you think?
lol i know what you mean, when i first started watching it i saw something realated and i was all OMG woot their goona tie it together, nope :P:P guess their not thou, but when then throw things from hime in there i keep expecting there to be some kinda tie, doubt there ever will be one thou
Old 2007-06-25, 05:16   Link #29
iamandragon
Martian diplomat

Send a message via ICQ to iamandragon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sikon View Post
Natsuki was not an artificial HiME.
She is artificial, a prototype for Alyssa. Not sure if she is destined to become one if she's not made one, but she turned into a HiME by artificial means. (Don't just watch the anime, read the manga and play the game and you'll learn more about it. Even though published by different companies, their storyline all fit together and ideas are all from the same author)
Old 2007-06-25, 06:05   Link #30
Sikon
この世界は腐っている!

Quote:
Don't just watch the anime, read the manga and play the game and you'll learn more about it.
The manga is separate continuity. An AU, if you must. Even the number of HiME in the manga is different, let alone the storyline.

In the anime, Natsuki is a natural HiME, counted among the twelve destined to fight at the carnival; her mother tried to sell her to Searrs, but reconsidered at the last moment. Eventually, Searrs went along with Alyssa, an artificial 13th HiME not foreseen by the organizers of the carnival.

I haven't read either of the HiME and Otome mangas and won't, as each of them is in its own continuity (although the Otome manga is explicitly set in the future of the HiME universe, unlike the anime, where it's left ambiguous), and some of the plot elements, from what I've read on Wikipedia, sound rather silly compared to the anime.
Old 2007-06-25, 09:13   Link #31
lone_wolf
bike mechanic onna

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamandragon View Post
She is artificial, a prototype for Alyssa. Not sure if she is destined to become one if she's not made one, but she turned into a HiME by artificial means. (Don't just watch the anime, read the manga and play the game and you'll learn more about it. Even though published by different companies, their storyline all fit together and ideas are all from the same author)

Same author but different storylines and (scfreenwriter) Hirokazu himself said the manga was a an alternate Universe. The anime is totally seperate from the manga and the game. I happen to own ALL of them so it's easy for me to compare.

Natsuki was DEFINITELY a natural and original HIME and IF you read her backstory entitled "Natsuki no Prelude" found in both volumes of the Mai Hime: animation guide books you'd find out that she was the first HIME to awaken (also the natural way). According to both Masakazu Obara and Hiroyuki Yoshino that's her actually storline that is a prequel to the main anime series.

--Lone Wolf
一匹狼
Old 2007-06-27, 04:36   Link #32
Sikon
この世界は腐っている!

Okay, just watched Zwei. Some thoughts:

1. I think the numerous "Fuka Academy" buildings are a network of local teleportation, set up by the original creators of the Administar and, possibly, Miyu (since she can interface with the building and, through it, the Administar). Now, I hate to say "Searrs", but...

2. Nagi explains that the Otome nanomachines play a part in the petrification process. What about Miyu, then? Okay, it's possible that Miyu has Otome-like nanomachines running through whatever is the robot equivalent of veins, but what about the tree on that street in Aries?

3. The green glow around Nina was, I think, caused by the UBD (it's the same color as the background during her materialization sequence). Yes, the earring broke during her fight with Arika in space, but we have already been shown that the contract remains even if the visual signs are removed. The UBD seems to have some kind of natural bond to Nina, just like the UBS to Arika, and they're both Ultimate-class GEMs - so I can see Nina's GEM protecting her in danger even without activation.
Old 2007-06-27, 04:47   Link #33
AceMan
Observer

Send a message via ICQ to AceMan
Quote:
but what about the tree on that street in Aries?
The tree's case has been discussed somewhere in the forums (probably in the OVA thread), and no reliable explanation has been found.

Therefore, I think it's a mistake, plot hole.

The rest of your theories are IMO very good
Old 2007-06-27, 10:31   Link #34
mdauben

Quote:
The UBD seems to have some kind of natural bond to Nina, just like the UBS to Arika, and they're both Ultimate-class GEMs - so I can see Nina's GEM protecting her in danger even without activation.
Looking back at the original M-O series, doesn't Arika's UBS gem do just that in the first episode?

First it somehow activates the aircraft she, Nina and Mashiro take shelter in when they are attacked by the first Slave.

Spoiler for Screen Shot of Aircraft Activation:

Then, when the three of them are falling from the aircraft the UBS tries to materialize a robe on Arika and she is able to fly for at least a few seconds, supporting Nina and Mashiro:

Spoiler for Screen Shot of Robe Activation:
Old 2007-06-27, 10:59   Link #35
Sikon
この世界は腐っている!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdauben View Post
Looking back at the original M-O series, doesn't Arika's UBS gem do just that in the first episode?
Yes, and that's my point in drawing the parallels. Arika didn't even have nanomachines back then.
Old 2007-07-02, 09:03   Link #36
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
Okay here's something i was speculating on yesterday night when i was rewatching the Otome series final, something kind of wacked, it oculd be that i was half asleep but did the ear ring really break, i remember seeing that it deactivated but that it didnt shatter, instead it turned white together with Nagi's ring down near the Harmonium.. correct me if im wrong but it could be the origin of the Pure White Diamond gem... though i also vaguely remember that the pure white diamond gem belonged to Fuumi in the past.. bla its so confussing
Old 2007-07-02, 09:25   Link #37
Sikon
この世界は腐っている!

Nagi's ring did indeed turn white, but Nina's GEM shattered.

Here's the video fragment, with both Nina's and Nagi's part shown: http://lucidfox.org/dump/nina-gem-nagi.avi (9.2 MB)

Watch for the moment when Nina's GEM changes color, and you will notice red lines on it.

Here's the screenshot:

My theory is that Arika somehow interfered with Nina's connection to the Harmonium, resulting in the latter shattering her GEM like it earlier shattered Arika's Coral GEM in #7.

The PWD and the UBD could be the same GEM, if they took it away from Nagi and brought it to Garderobe, where it was eventually stolen from in Zwei. But it brings up the question why it wasn't always kept with Fumi to begin with.

Also, why would a GEM change name in addition to color?
Old 2007-07-03, 00:48   Link #38
Atlantis_Lux
Nightingale

I know I'm nitpicking, but we see the lines but not the GEM actually shattering. Also, in episode 8 it was said that it takes more than removing the GEM to break the contract, and that they didn't know how to break the bond between Mashiro and Arika. So... it sounds a bit weird, but could there still be a contract between Nina and Nagi?
Old 2007-07-03, 02:01   Link #39
Sikon
この世界は腐っている!

Quote:
I know I'm nitpicking, but we see the lines but not the GEM actually shattering.
The GEM was damaged enough to stop functioning. Whether or not the damage was significant enough to make loose pieces fall out of the frame isn't that relevant.

I think it's very possible there still is a contract. However, I think Garderobe knows a way to nullify contracts, which is what is done to deposed political leaders - after all, say, the President of Aries is elected for a limited term, so if Yukino lost the election, she would either pass the contract with Haruka to the next President, or Haruka would resign and be replaced with a different Otome altogether. Since Nagi has been imprisoned, I think the first thing they would do would be disarm him in every way possible, which includes depriving him of his personal WMD.
Old 2007-07-03, 03:39   Link #40
Atlantis_Lux
Nightingale

Yeah, I agree. It's hilarious to think, though, that after all the mess that Nina&Nagi did, Garderobe would need their help.
Closed Thread