Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-02-21, 06:14   Link #1
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Natsume Yuujinchou (Third Season)

Source

Quote:
The April issue of Hakusensha's LaLa magazine is announcing on Thursday that the third television anime season based on Yuki Midorikawa's Natsume Yūjin-Chō (Natsume's Book of Friends) shōjo ghost-story manga has been green-lit for this year. The third season will be titled Natsume Yūjin-Chō San.

Takahiro Omori is once again directing the anime at the studio Brains Base. Also returning are character designer Akira Takata, monster designer Tatsuo Yamada, art director Yukihiro Shibutani, color setting artist Yumi Miyawaki, director of photography Hitoshi Tamura, and editor Kazuhiko Seki. However, Sadayuki Murai (Mōryō no Hako, Boogiepop Phantom, Millennium Actress) will be the new series script supervisor.
Spoiler for Image showing announcement:

There's more then enough manga material for another 12/13 episodes, so i'm so pleased this was announced. Personally some of the best material in the story should be animated, so i can't wait. Plus it will air this year, so not that long of a wait at all. I'm hoping it'll air in Summer, though Fall seems the most obvious airing time.
Old 2011-02-21, 06:20   Link #2
Blue-kun
Che! Che! Che!

I'm just so ready for this. I was actually commenting with some friends over how we'd all love Natsume Yuujinchou S3 some days ago, but I thought they were still waiting on the manga. Awesome news that we're finally getting it!

Natsume is definitely one of my favourite shows from the last couple years. Touching stories every episode and incredibly likeable characters. Here we go, for more pig cat adventures together with Nyanko-sensei, hahahaha!

Oh well, overall, awesome news, I'm really happy with them! Can't wait for more details!
Old 2011-02-21, 06:23   Link #3
Stefkov

Yeah this is fantastic news.

I just recently watched the first two seasons and thoroughly enjoyed it.
Although they're quite different it reminded me a lot of Kamichu and I loved Kamichu. I hope Sasada gets a little more screen time as I really liked her character.
Stefkov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-21, 06:30   Link #4
imbehindyou
turn around...

Good day turned into great day \(^_^)/
Now with this 3rd season announcement, I find myself wondering again if they're ever going to release DVD of this in North America...

Can't wait until this airs. Nyanko-senseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeei

yuuki kanade @ fortune arterial
imbehindyou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-21, 06:51   Link #5
Natsuki Hyuga
(☞゚∀゚)☞ロンパアアアア!! 

Send a message via MSN to Natsuki Hyuga
Egads, I feel like this is some kind of really belated Valentine present from the production team. Okay, I know it is HanaLala release date, but, but, but, let me dream a bit!

But fantastic news. This brightens up my (admittedly) bleak hope for good anime this year. Especially since the source materials that may be covered is brilliant in my book

Can't wait to have more Nyanko-sensei antics and heartwarming stories <3

Off-topic, but I wonder if Hotarubi is gonna be an OVA rather than anime. Can't imagine the collections of short stories makes a one-cour anime really. Nvm, didn't see that it was movie adaptation. Brain meltdown is meltdown.

Last edited by Natsuki Hyuga; 2011-02-21 at 11:26.
Natsuki Hyuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-21, 07:02   Link #6
FireChick

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !

Seriously. No words can describe how happy I am right now? A third season of one of my all-time favorite anime!? SIGN ME UP!!! And another Midorikawa work being animated? Awesome!

Quote:
Now with this 3rd season announcement, I find myself wondering again if they're ever going to release DVD of this in North America...
I agree! This anime NEEDS a license! More good anime like this need to be released in the US, not crap like Queen's Blade or Kanokon! Seriously!
FireChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-21, 07:21   Link #7
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

*does a happy dance* And here I was thinking that we'd have to wait a few more days for the announcement, wooohooooo!
wandering-dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-21, 07:44   Link #8
Cloudy

My reaction to the annoucement.
Old 2011-02-21, 08:12   Link #9
Blaat

Excellent news.
Old 2011-02-21, 08:36   Link #10
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

This just made my day. First Kaiji, now Natsume. 2011 is already awesome. If by some miracle, a second season of Mushishi gets announced this year as well, I might die of happiness.

I'm very much looking forward to Hotarubi too.
Old 2011-02-21, 08:42   Link #11
Yuna Amakura

Such good news! I'm looking forward to it!
Yuna Amakura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-21, 08:43   Link #12
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Soooooo excited for this!! S1 and s2 were just so perfect, I can't wait for more!
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
White Manju Bun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-21, 09:25   Link #13
Kirarakim

I am so happy right now. I haven't been this happy about any thing anime related in awhile.
Old 2011-02-21, 10:02   Link #14
LKK

Two things.

1) I'm SO HAPPY!

2) I have a preemptive request for manga readers (especially scanlation manga readers). Your excitement is understandable. But please, try to not give spoilers or hints or "I can't wait for [fill in the blank]" references to what may come in the next season. Out of consideration for those of us who don't know yet and want to be surprised when the [fill in the blank] airs. Pretty please? Thank you.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-21, 10:08   Link #15
Theowne
耳をすませば

This is wonderful

My Site - Reviews collection, Sheet music, and etc.
Anime reviews/blog, piano arrangements, Studio Ghibli..
Theowne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-21, 11:04   Link #16
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Definitely great news. I love Book of Friends.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-21, 11:05   Link #17
Tworble

I'll just say I can't wait for...a particular long haired and attractive male character to appear who is referenced in the first two seasons but never shown.

And a movie for Hotarubi no Mori e! I wonder who is directing and if Brain's base is involved.
Edit: answered own question with another link-
Link
Tworble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-21, 11:10   Link #18
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Based on DVD sales this is something that was likely to happen sooner or later, but still wonderful news. Just proof that sometimes quality is rewarded. I'm very happy to say the least - now, if we can just get the Jinchu Arc of "Rurounu Kenshin" green-lit that will make it a perfect trifecta of announcements this week...
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-21, 11:29   Link #19
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tworble View Post
I'll just say I can't wait for...a particular long haired and attractive male character to appear who is referenced in the first two seasons but never shown.

And a movie for Hotarubi no Mori e! I wonder who is directing and if Brain's base is involved.
Edit: answered own question with another link-
Link
Hotarubi no Mori e anime movie will be directed by Brain's Base and the Natsume's staff will direct this movie scheduled for this year.
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-21, 11:53   Link #20
Tworble

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisaoFan View Post
Hotarubi no Mori e anime movie will be directed by Brain's Base and the Natsume's staff will direct this movie scheduled for this year.
Yeah, in the link I posted it said Takahiro Omori is also working on it....about time he made his mark directing films.
Tworble is offline   Reply With Quote