AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2004-11-04, 05:51   Link #341
GyroidFanatic

I don't belive it... Chapter 62 has been released in English.
GyroidFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-04, 14:59   Link #342
Sydney2K

Send a message via ICQ to Sydney2K Send a message via AIM to Sydney2K Send a message via MSN to Sydney2K Send a message via Yahoo to Sydney2K
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarcasteak
Oh, and if you count the tally on the blackboard (the last page)...there's actually 31 tallies!
What's a tally?

Also, figure on Zazie making a generous appearance in the next few episodes... just my thoughts.

Widya Santoso
Sydney2K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-04, 18:30   Link #343
sarcasteak
WAHA~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney2K
What's a tally?
Huh...? ^_^;;

This is what I'm talking about:

The kanji character 正 has five strokes, so it basically works the same way as the American style tallying. If you count the number of strokes, there are 31 total on the blackboard...unless Negi got to vote as the teacher, Sayo voted as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GyroidFanatic
I don't belive it... Chapter 62 has been released in English.
Why, is it released sooner than usual...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkellis
I'm beginning to wonder how many of the class are going to get provisional contracts with Negi, and under what circumstances.

It'll be quite amusing (in a o_O kind of way) if the entire class gets their cards. And/or participates in a gigantic showdown battle or something.
It has always been a joke amongst Negima fans that Negi's final goal is conquering the whole class, but I really don't see how some of them can get involved. And no, I do not think Negi can ever contract Evangelion...kissing your surrogate mother is a crime against heaven!
sarcasteak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-04, 19:06   Link #344
GyroidFanatic

Quote:
Why, is it released sooner than usual...?
The last one was released countless weeks ago. Some people even thought the group stopped translating them.
GyroidFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-05, 05:19   Link #345
Sydney2K

Send a message via ICQ to Sydney2K Send a message via AIM to Sydney2K Send a message via MSN to Sydney2K Send a message via Yahoo to Sydney2K
Quote:
Huh...? ^_^;;

This is what I'm talking about:

The kanji character 正 has five strokes, so it basically works the same way as the American style tallying. If you count the number of strokes, there are 31 total on the blackboard...unless Negi got to vote as the teacher, Sayo voted as well.
Oh, I didn't know what they were voting for... it makes sense though, thinking about it. But a haunted house...? Sounds like it's right up Sayo's alley.

Hey it sounds like you have a crush on Sayo... ?:-D

There's a couple of nice scenes in 73:
Spoiler:

Widya Santoso
Old 2004-11-05, 05:29   Link #346
sarcasteak
WAHA~

Ohh, the choices are: shouta-cafe, a play, ghost house, fortune telling, Chinese restaurant, swimsuit sumo, and cat-ear all-nude bar.

Quote:
Hey it sounds like you have a crush on Sayo... ?:-D
Eh? Where you get that idea? I'm just interested when she'll finally show up. ^_^;;
Old 2004-11-06, 07:42   Link #347
Sydney2K

A week or so ago I posted this:

Quote:
BTW, here's an interesting theory:
Spoiler:
I now provide some pictorial evidence:

Spoiler for Period 72:

Widya Santoso
Old 2004-11-06, 09:39   Link #348
Diaphanus
Usor Linguae Latinae

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkellis
It'll be quite amusing (in a o_O kind of way) if the entire class gets their cards.
If that happens, I'll be happy because there might be more Latin for me to translate!
Old 2004-11-06, 22:09   Link #349
Sydney2K

Oh, another thing about Period 73

Spoiler:

Widya Santoso
Old 2004-11-07, 17:36   Link #350
jarret

if anyone can read chapter 73.. anyone know why negi was crying towards the end?
jarret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-07, 19:52   Link #351
sarcasteak
WAHA~

Quote:
Originally Posted by jarret
if anyone can read chapter 73.. anyone know why negi was crying towards the end?
Spoiler for staring on the 3rd frame on page 17:
Old 2004-11-08, 00:27   Link #352
Divine Majin

So, you guys might have already analyzed this part forever, but hey:

SPOILERS:
Takahata-sensei says to Negi:
Negi, I heard from Evangeline that you've gotten stronger. What about it? Wanna go and spar at that place like we did when we little?

Have fun.
Divine Majin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-08, 00:29   Link #353
jarret

wow im more confused than before~ i take it that guy that just got beat by negi called him weak, or was it someone else? and why dose his teaching have anything to do with fighting?
Old 2004-11-08, 02:51   Link #354
sarcasteak
WAHA~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divine Majin
So, you guys might have already analyzed this part forever
Eh...what's there to analyze? ^_^;;

Divine Majin is too powerful. -__-

Quote:
wow im more confused than before~ i take it that guy that just got beat by negi called him weak, or was it someone else? and why dose his teaching have anything to do with fighting?
Yah, I'm not sure about that part, either, but William definitely didn't call Negi weak. My only guess is that Negi was referring to that other teacher (the glasses one) who lectured him yesterday.
Old 2004-11-08, 03:16   Link #355
jarret

maybe the southern/ thousand master called him weak (from his flash back a few chapters back)..

AND not to strike anything (probably wouldnt anyway) but, why dose negi want to find his dad? i mean this is just IMO, but if the last time i saw my dad was when i was like 2, and not so much as a letter sense then, i wouldnt be looking for him with a family gathering in mind. i'd probably be more along the lines of staff right back up his ------ ---. but hey thats just me.
Old 2004-11-08, 06:28   Link #356
Sydney2K

Quote:
Yah, I'm not sure about that part, either, but William definitely didn't call Negi weak. My only guess is that Negi was referring to that other teacher (the glasses one) who lectured him yesterday.
You mean the guy I call Mr. Squatman (the teacher who always punishes the students by making them squat)! Well, it is understandable, Negi does find it hard to control the students when they get it in their heads to do something outrageous (like the English strip game in vol. 2), and I figure Mr. Squatman has to lecture Negi on the responsibilities of being a teacher and the standards they need to display.

So what set Negi to doubt himself in the first place? He was
Spoiler:
Widya Santoso
Old 2004-11-08, 06:37   Link #357
Sydney2K

Quote:
AND not to strike anything (probably wouldnt anyway) but, why dose negi want to find his dad? i mean this is just IMO, but if the last time i saw my dad was when i was like 2, and not so much as a letter sense then, i wouldnt be looking for him with a family gathering in mind. i'd probably be more along the lines of staff right back up his ------ ---. but hey thats just me.
Cuz he loves his dad! He is trying to live up to the standards his father keeps, and I am sure he knows there's good reason for him to be absent.

Widya Santoso
Old 2004-11-08, 07:39   Link #358
sarcasteak
WAHA~

Quote:
So what set Negi to doubt himself in the first place? He was
Spoiler:
Nah, they didn't say anything mean; Mr. Squatman was actually telling Negi not to take his words earlier too seriously. Negi was simply drunk and venting his frustration over his inability to control his class these past few days.

Quote:
maybe the southern/ thousand master called him weak (from his flash back a few chapters back).
Nah, Nagi didn't say anything discouraging like that!

Quote:
Hmm, it seems fairly natural to me for a boy to want to find his father. Just look at Gon from HxH and Negi; both of their fathers are legendary characters in their respective field, and both have been out of public sight for some unknown reason. To put it in perspective, imagine if you live in a society where basketball is like the most important thing in the world, and your father happened to be Michael Jordan; wouldn't you want to meet him, too?
Old 2004-11-08, 11:22   Link #359
jarret

if my dad was MJ i kno exactly where he is.. the bench. well i dont know about negi but this seems like an awful lot of work to be going threw, just to find someone for all you know, could be dead, or at the least has no reason to have any comunication with you. OH BTW
Spoiler:

well anyway, hidden motives are always nice, but not a direction i see a light hearted series like this going.
Old 2004-11-08, 13:01   Link #360
USCPharmacist

74th hours

Sayo is so cute!!! Too bad the whole class has to "hunt" her down

Satsuna and Mana finally dress for business. They look very cool.....actually they look like 20 years old instead of 14-15 teenagers hahah only in manga and anime where underage girls are so "developed"....

I hope Sayo will show up more, cuz she is just so funny.
USCPharmacist is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, fantasy