AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-02-02, 08:45   Link #861
kivredia

Yeah, order of things is changed a bit. Some things of this episode originally belonged in the later part of next weeks.

Next episode should be a treat for both Hakaze and Aika fans, lots of dere-dere and flashbacks. The pink background for Hakaze was a nice touch. Though it reminded me of Samon hitting the ground with his saya over and over again, made me cringe every time.
kivredia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-04, 12:10   Link #862
LKK

Slightly OT: If you have access to the US PBS network, you might be interested in 2 shows that are scheduled for this coming Friday night, two episodes of the series Shakespeare Uncovered. Each Shakespeare Uncovered episode looks in depth at a specific play. Friday's first episode looks into Hamlet hosted by actor David Tennant. The second episode looks into The Tempest hosted by director Trevor Nunn. The shows air at 9pm & 10pm ET, but you should verify the times with your local listings if you're interested.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-05, 07:02   Link #863
Bern-san

January 21st - 27th
Anime sales: 18, *1,911 Zetsuen no Tempest
Manga sales: 4 *108,673 Zetsuen no Tempest, Vol.8

Don't know how other volumes of the manga have sold before but I guess the anime has helped a bit for volume 8?
Old 2013-02-05, 07:05   Link #864
Kakkou
Tch.

If it helped the manga sales then it'd be at least some profit to come from it, since the anime sales itself bombed.
Kakkou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-05, 09:20   Link #865
SQA

Previous volumes would only chart their 2nd week with around 60k total volumes. I'm not sure if that's due to release date or what (seems a tad odd). Still, it's at least boost of 30k initial sales volume over Vol 7 and 45k over Vol 6 (which I believe is actually the previous volume before the anime started). Add in some some back catalog sales (maybe an extra 5k per volume, so maybe another 40k total sales all together) and merchandize, then you probably don't have a loss for the anime. Which is a good thing. Also helps if it increase total circulation numbers for the manga magazine (something we tend to forget about, as well).

Huge hit, no. Probably profitable? Yes. Further cement BONES as doing solid anime that doesn't sell well? Yup!
SQA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-05, 12:03   Link #866
Bern-san

^Thanks for your input, I wasn't really expecting it to be a hit. I feared it was going to be a complete disaster although we'll have to see how the next volumes will sell I guess.

By the way in the light novels section I saw this:
4 *19,468 Zetsuen no Tempest 8.5 Collaboration Guide Book
Old 2013-02-05, 15:44   Link #867
Enternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bern-san View Post
January 21st - 27th
Anime sales: 18, *1,911 Zetsuen no Tempest
Manga sales: 4 *108,673 Zetsuen no Tempest, Vol.8

Don't know how other volumes of the manga have sold before but I guess the anime has helped a bit for volume 8?
What?! 1,911?! Wow... I actually thought that it would be higher. The story itself is rather good and... ouch. *sigh
Enternal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-05, 22:04   Link #868
SQA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enternal View Post
What?! 1,911?! Wow... I actually thought that it would be higher. The story itself is rather good and... ouch. *sigh
Anime based of currently running Manga series is more for advertisement than direct profit. It it hits, great. As long as it doesn't bomb, it's been worth the investment. But straight BluRay sales figures don't tell you everything, especially when it's near the Manabi line.

ZnT has at least increased the Manga sales pretty nicely, it's selling enough discs and the side stuff seems to be doing well. So, it'll be net profitable. They'd have loved it to sell Jojo numbers, but it's really not that type of series, even if it is really good.
SQA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-05, 22:30   Link #869
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

BONES stubbornness in refusing to compromise in their choice of subject material really impresses me. I wish they were having more commercial success, but they're continuing to challenge the audience and I applaud them for it.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-07, 15:48   Link #870
Bern-san

Spoiler for episode 17:
Old 2013-02-07, 15:56   Link #871
ookamigirl

Episode 17

Spoiler for plot:

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-07, 16:15   Link #872
Aqua Knight

I can't wait for episode 18!
Too awesome episode 17.
Old 2013-02-07, 16:38   Link #873
Elestia

Definite one of the most enjoyable episodes of this series. Now I kind of wonder what would happen if Aika were still alive and had met Hakaze.
Old 2013-02-07, 20:25   Link #874
mistress_kisara

Episode 17
Spoiler:

Can't wait for next week!
mistress_kisara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-07, 23:01   Link #875
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Again Hanemura tells Mahiro straight about Aika like he did before. Now wonder what Hakaze will do. Mahiro now might have a real reason to kill yoshino.
Old 2013-02-07, 23:12   Link #876
garbage

excellent episode with a nice buildup to that reveal bomb at the end!!

ahh now can't wait for ep18 to find out what they would do especially Mahiro, i think Hakaze would be happy though, weird though it may be being happy for someone being dead or maybe just relieved. Until she figures The Tree of Genesis can actually act retroactively, meaning it's fully possible ToG did Kill Aika a year ago to bring Yoshino to her today....

Nice Going Hanemura, just the needed outside view, since they were all to close to Yoshino and the situation to figure that out. It's high time for that info to come out anyway.

Liking Hakaze more & more every Episode But Aika is so cute too in that flashback. I changed my mind, she's not really that scary or at least Yoshino IS fully at her level & with Hakaze too for that matter..... so is he the Heart of the ToE? :P who knows....maybe Aika is MoE and then she transferred her heart to yoshino & the power to Hanemura ....nyahaha spec spec..

(glad have no previews Knowledge so I can savior every reveal every week , anime-only here, no spoilers pleeeaase! )
Old 2013-02-08, 00:49   Link #877
Johnny
Working the bags...

Hakaze is just too damn adorable as she always is and from the previews it looks like there might be some sort of fallout between Yoshino and her...
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-08, 03:09   Link #878
velocd
Witcher, with tenure

The pacing of this episode was exceptional. I didn't expect Hakaze's confession, nor the reveal of the Yoshino's hidden relationship, either I feared would drag on all season. The second season already has surpassed my expectations for this series. Very poetic direction.
velocd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-08, 16:58   Link #879
SeaDoor

How fitting in a story so often quoting Shakespeare that the character playing the fool is the one to point out the obvious. For me it is a stunning contrast that the same players who had devised plans and schemes impacting the entire world are now so confounded by the affairs of the human heart.

Lord, what fools these mortals be.
SeaDoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-08, 17:40   Link #880
paraalso

Zetsuen no Tempest has really been the surprise hit of the season for me. This is a somewhat lackluster season otherwise, but this is the one show I'm always really looking forward to. It's a pity the anime isn't doing better. It's definitely a show that takes more than one episode to get into.
paraalso is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bones, gangan, shounen, tragedy, zetsuen