AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2013-04-20, 09:52   Link #41541
Eratas123

Been getting some PM from my reviewers/readers. On one hand I'm flattered at the ones asking me when the next update is; shows people are reading. On the other hand, I'm half-tempted to reach over and slap the ones that say "Why isn't there any killing? I'm abandoning the story due to lack of killing".

Bloody internet tough guys trying to extend their E-peen >_>
Old 2013-04-20, 10:28   Link #41542
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Well that depends. In the fics where you imply killing but don't show, it's kinda like a cocktease
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-20, 10:40   Link #41543
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

At the very least, there are those who anticipate your story. You could prolly fan them away with a gentlemanly version of "my story, my decision".
Old 2013-04-20, 10:59   Link #41544
Eratas123

That's the thing: There WILL be killing, but it doesn't come until chapter 11. I swear the attention span of some readers are so short; the literally expected a bloodbath from the word go.
Old 2013-04-20, 11:20   Link #41545
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Well you keep making them talk like they're in a slasher film or Mad Max movie. Those things are craploads of violent and bloody crazy loons. Patience man, just patience.
Old 2013-04-20, 11:36   Link #41546
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eratas123 View Post
That's the thing: There WILL be killing, but it doesn't come until chapter 11. I swear the attention span of some readers are so short; the literally expected a bloodbath from the word go.
WHERE's the BLOOD AND THE GORE and the DISMEMBERMENT! ARGHHH!

But yea, I kind of understand both the reader's and your intentions.

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-20, 12:07   Link #41547
Eratas123

@ Demi - Uh, no I didn't:/ I'm talking about my Zero no Tsukaima/Dark Souls crossover fic, where everyone acts reasonably sane. Rather, the author is bugging me that my character SHOULD (like it was necessary) have killed someone despite all facts pointing it was a bad idea.

The only person who talks like that are Future versions of the kids from Future Imperfect, and the narration doesn't dick around: They'll casually recount killing and Ichika tries to make them feel horrible about it, being the moralist shounen hero he is. Saito (Kanzashi's kid) calls him deluded; he points out that he's friends with a career soldier (Laura), a secret agent (Tatenashi), a woman who almost cratered Japan on a whim (Tabane), and....Chifuyu (Chifuyu); all of whom have killed before or wouldn't hesitate to do it when pushed. He really has no place to be lecturing his kid on morals while ignoring Tabane's blatant antics.
Old 2013-04-20, 12:14   Link #41548
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Ah, my bad... Well I assumed you were referring to your IS fic since you brought the issue here

Considering it's darksouls.... Yeah, I'd assume someone dies or gets hurt. But the setting is in the ZnT world not dark souls world. They shouldn't exppect too much violence.
Old 2013-04-20, 12:17   Link #41549
Eratas123

@ Demi - Agreed, hence why I raised an eyebrow. To be honest, I think the guy just wants to make himself feel awesome. Seriously, he says "Millions will die by my characters hands" in the PM; no, I am not paraphrasing or making this up. Like he's some badass.
Old 2013-04-20, 12:20   Link #41550
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Must be some loon. Ignore him and carry on good sir.
Old 2013-04-20, 12:22   Link #41551
Eratas123

Agreed. Hate people who think having a high body count makes you some kind of untouchable Paragon of awesome. Lives aren't things you pluck and take to make yourself feel better. Anybody who looks at lives as statistics begins to lose themself.
Old 2013-04-20, 12:26   Link #41552
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Rmember the killer who kill with apathy? Remove the feels better in higher body count and you have my vision of him.

Argh... Head is chock full of kamen rider now. Too much messing around in to aru thread.
Old 2013-04-20, 13:59   Link #41553
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Quote:
@ Demi - Agreed, hence why I raised an eyebrow. To be honest, I think the guy just wants to make himself feel awesome. Seriously, he says "Millions will die by my characters hands" in the PM; no, I am not paraphrasing or making this up. Like he's some badass.
So...that person makes the most basic fail of remembering that this is FAN FICTION aka a piece of fiction written by a fan like himself (maybe)... And that HE can create his OWN character to do EXACTLY what he wants and... .. *throws hands in air* Lovely.

Can always have M make a late-night visit to his place... He'd get all the bloody action he craves and more. *snicker*
Old 2013-04-20, 19:08   Link #41554
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Quote:
"Why isn't there any killing? I'm abandoning the story due to lack of killing".
- If they want killing, point them over to the Muv-Luv Alternative fanfiction section. Lots of killing there.

And eating of cute high school girls. In a million bloody, violent, and horrible ways. Probably more up their alley.

(Just to note, that's why I haven't updated my IS fic in awhile, due to having baser and darker story ideas that need to be written out. Plus I might wait for the 2nd season to be out before I continue.)
wavehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-20, 19:51   Link #41555
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
Been getting some PM from my reviewers/readers. On one hand I'm flattered at the ones asking me when the next update is; shows people are reading. On the other hand, I'm half-tempted to reach over and slap the ones that say "Why isn't there any killing? I'm abandoning the story due to lack of killing".

Bloody internet tough guys trying to extend their E-peen >_>
Truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by demino_hellsin View Post
Well that depends. In the fics where you imply killing but don't show, it's kinda like a cocktease
Quote:
Originally Posted by StratoSpear View Post
At the very least, there are those who anticipate your story. You could prolly fan them away with a gentlemanly version of "my story, my decision".
Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2 View Post
WHERE's the BLOOD AND THE GORE and the DISMEMBERMENT! ARGHHH!

But yea, I kind of understand both the reader's and your intentions.
I'll Paraphrase Dan Abnett here, an excellent writer who say "Screw hard number and biggatons, plot and character is far more important"

He wrote about REDSHIRT ARMY who realistically face the kind of danger they expected to face, and made it awesome and tearjerking rather than pointless stomp and bloodbath.

"In the grim darkness of future, there's not only war, there are people too"

Quote:
Originally Posted by wavehawk View Post
- If they want killing, point them over to the Muv-Luv Alternative fanfiction section. Lots of killing there.

And eating of cute high school girls. In a million bloody, violent, and horrible ways. Probably more up their alley.

(Just to note, that's why I haven't updated my IS fic in awhile, due to having baser and darker story ideas that need to be written out. Plus I might wait for the 2nd season to be out before I continue.)
The reason why I don't touch anything Muv Luv related, with ten feet pole if I have to.
Old 2013-04-20, 20:58   Link #41556
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

...*staggers to my lil corner* haaauuh, man. I feel 'dirty'. Reading 'White Knight', I got to chapter 6 in one pass but ...@.@ *shudders* Taking a break from that story, yep. I think my mental image of Chifuyu got 'altered' just a bit thanks to that story.

It's like she's gone completely nuts - psychotic even. If this was a fanfic on the darker side of the Orimu-cest, then this would be a most excellent story... I'm intrigued and put off at the same time - very complicated feeling indeed.
Old 2013-04-20, 21:06   Link #41557
DarkJak2050

If there's going to be a massive amount of blood and gore in my fic...

Oh yeah, there will be at one point. Maybe more later on.
DarkJak2050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-20, 21:09   Link #41558
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

A fight can't be considered a curb-stomp if it's prolonged and the two parties actually managed to land and block hits from each other, right?
Old 2013-04-20, 21:09   Link #41559
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Everyone's talking about negative mind screw while I'm still looking for mindscrew of the opposite kind
Old 2013-04-20, 21:14   Link #41560
DarkJak2050

Quote:
Originally Posted by StratoSpear View Post
A fight can't be considered a curb-stomp if it's prolonged and the two parties actually managed to land and block hits from each other, right?
Not really.

I take it that if the fight's practically even between the two parties, then it's not a one-sided fight. Take my guys when they fight an IS for an example.
DarkJak2050 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest