AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > My HiME / My Otome

Notices

View Poll Results: My-Otome Episode 22 Rating
Perfect 10 77 37.56%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 65 31.71%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 35 17.07%
7 out of 10 : Good 15 7.32%
6 out of 10 : Average 8 3.90%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 4 1.95%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.49%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 205. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2006-03-11, 03:49   Link #181
twh
Something or other...

Amon:
Well, it's only common sense that you do what you can to minimize casualties on your side and that's what Sergei did. Besides, with that fight being as one-sided as it was, it was bound to happen... stupid Miyu...

Anyways, back on track. If there was any anime male that actually deserved a harem, it'd be Sergei... most likely because he wouldn't really want one, but let's face it: he's as smooth as a Ken doll. That lady-type in the first episode could not resist the Sergei. Two of the principle brats can't resist the Sergei. With the proper circumstance, even Chie could not resist The Sergei. There is not a single female organism alive that does not worship The Sergei... even Shizuru kneels at his altar!!

...all kidding aside, Sergei's become the main reason why I've stuck with this trainwreck and I'm betting that he and Mai some kind of history together. And despite the theories to the contrary, it'd be a serious mistake to say it was someone else THIS late in the show.

Oh, and Tempest and Enigma; this is for you...
Spoiler for absolutely nothing, but a drabble that's still related and excessively long to NOT snip...:
Old 2006-03-11, 05:01   Link #182
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by friendshipz
so it came to conclude that rena is connected to miyu? now am so anxious to find out who really is arika grandma ..since at first i guess its mai -_-" but from the preview of esp 23 it proved me all wrong....
Look at my signature ... I'm not saying Mashiro(MO) is her grandma, just that they might reuse that caracter for the job of kickass grany ... I personally can't imagine Arika's grany as a old person.
Old 2006-03-11, 05:38   Link #183
Mgz
Madlax fanboyz

Send a message via Yahoo to Mgz
seed mode Nina

Spoiler:

action packed, lot of new development, and the appearance of Mai- 10/10

and 2 fat-Mikotos-cat , are you sure the world food supply and the farmer ready for THIS

Sergey clearly doesn't intent to harm Miyu, that's why he only shot at her blade, but she...

also who is the 2nd person who is in robe at Fia kingdom? O,o

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido
Moon-shaped scar Mikoto = On top of Natsuki's car
it is Artemis with a lot of tuna
Old 2006-03-11, 07:47   Link #184
Matrim
Naysayer?Fanboy?Wiseacre?

Quote:
Although I hope she dosen't steal Arika's starring role I hope she at least is as uber-powerful as Kira in combat. She deserves as much.
The last thing we need is yet another ultra-mega-hyper-uber powerful character, who decides everything on her own, if you ask me. But anyone stealing the main role from Arika would be great, albeit too late. I'd much rather have Mai being the Kira of this show than Arika.

Old 2006-03-11, 08:10   Link #185
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by twh
Anyways, back on track. If there was any anime male that actually deserved a harem, it'd be Sergei... most likely because he wouldn't really want one, but let's face it: he's as smooth as a Ken doll. That lady-type in the first episode could not resist the Sergei. Two of the principle brats can't resist the Sergei. With the proper circumstance, even Chie could not resist The Sergei. There is not a single female organism alive that does not worship The Sergei... even Shizuru kneels at his altar!!
Well, Nao, Shizuru, and Mikoto will be allowed not to fall before the might of The Sergei...

Quote:
...all kidding aside, Sergei's become the main reason why I've stuck with this trainwreck and I'm betting that he and Mai some kind of history together. And despite the theories to the contrary, it'd be a serious mistake to say it was someone else THIS late in the show.
Heh, who else could keep Sergay/Tate coming back for more? More food mind you... Besides, everyone's waiting for the moment that these two meet face to face (again) - I can't wait for it.

Quote:
Spoiler for absolutely nothing, but a drabble that's still related and excessively long to NOT snip...:
Excuse me while I relapse into fanboy mode.
Wow, that a great snippet. Yet another forbidden 'couple' is born...> I really like that idea of Chie being Sergei's Otome now - they got good potential chemistry And for anyone horrified at the very idea - ~~. They'd actually make a sensible Otome/Master pairing. They could even go on 'dates' together to see who can get the most girls in an hour... XD

I have to say that everyone acted quite naturally to the events that took place this eppy. Well, Nina acted naturally for Nina whenever 'Daddy's' involved - attack the nearst Ant Head.
Although now, I wonder how the survivors and the wounded fell this time. We know that Arika and Mashiro end up with the Mai/Mikoto/Miyu faction...I suppose that 85% says that Artai collected their losses and got out. I just hope that Nagi doesn't hold a pwning Miyu against Sergei for losing this one.

Last edited by Tempest35; 2006-03-11 at 08:24.
Old 2006-03-11, 08:19   Link #186
xat
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by asteron
I guess Doremi misheard 'Merciful' back in episode 18 when Miyu said her name.
Listening now it does sound like she is saying Merciful as opposed to Multiple.
This is true -- when I was first watching the episode in which she explains her name, I had a tough time accepting what the subs were suggesting, since it really didn't sound as though Miyu was saying "multiple". Oh well, I'm fairly certain any future dialogue containing Miyu's full name will use the correct translation. We're dynamic in that regard
Old 2006-03-11, 11:17   Link #187
PastPrime

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackCatXIII
Look at my signature ... I'm not saying Mashiro(MO) is her grandma, just that they might reuse that caracter for the job of kickass grany ... I personally can't imagine Arika's grany as a old person.
I think she was old. I would think that she was an ex Otome who fought in the last war. Quite possibly the one that killed her best friend, i.e. killed Miss Maria's Sempai.
Old 2006-03-11, 12:25   Link #188
Rakshasa

Quote:
Originally Posted by PastPrime
I think she was old. I would think that she was an ex Otome who fought in the last war. Quite possibly the one that killed her best friend, i.e. killed Miss Maria's Sempai.
Uhm... Am I the only one that noticed the very unsubtle hint of who Obaasan was? IIRC before the thing appered and wanted to feed on the refugees a couple episodes back, Midori made a comment about Arika's obaasan sounding very much like someone she once knew, we got a short glimpse of her too.
Old 2006-03-11, 12:47   Link #189
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakshasa
Uhm... Am I the only one that noticed the very unsubtle hint of who Obaasan was? IIRC before the thing appered and wanted to feed on the refugees a couple episodes back, Midori made a comment about Arika's obaasan sounding very much like someone she once knew, we got a short glimpse of her too.
That's ep 21 ... uhh ...
You mean "You said exactly what she said." ...she made a comment about Yuhko ... her sister ... she's curently a teacher(uhh.. leading scientist) at Guarderobe
Here's the pic :

I read your post again ... uhh ... I'm confused ... are you trying to say Yuhko is her grandma
Old 2006-03-11, 13:06   Link #190
PastPrime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakshasa
I am sure that everyone noticed the statement, but I would hardly call it an unsubtile hint since I would not consider Arika's grandmother saying something similar to Yuhko being an indication of anything other than having similar beliefs. Arika didn't seem to notice any similarities. If we have had a glimpse of Arika's grandmother then it was likely in Miss Maria's flashback.
Old 2006-03-11, 14:20   Link #191
Timeless Enigma
Tsushima Masaki

Quote:
Originally Posted by twh
/me bows down

The chemistry... that was just great. Ah... and now I'm reminded of Tempest35's "Sergay The Player" short in the "What a Mai Hime/Mai Otome character would never say??" thread.

The North Hound is pretty much a main reason I've stayed with this series. Things are looking up, but in the end, like one person said Otome will be another "could've been" series. Sometimes I think 26 episodes is too short these days. I think with 30ish episodes this would've been a bit more balanced and had a smoother flow.

Too bad the only HiME/Otome fics I've ever seen are basically Shizuru x Natsuki. Oh well .
It almost makes me want to polish up my writing skills and start a North Hound fic, not necessarily with an explicit pairing.

EDIT: I must add, I enjoy your Otome reviews twh!
Old 2006-03-11, 20:55   Link #192
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Y'know, I have to wonder if becoming Sergay's 'go to' girl on the Valkryie squad is not just a ploy on Chie's part to get more vital information to send back to her home country. If it proves true, I'm sure that Sergay has already picked up on this (if he's already known about Nina's feelings, he surely has to pick up on this age-old tactic). Not that it's not commendable. C'mon North Hound, just survive until Mai comes back with Arika and Mikoto to put the smackdown along with the 'Otome Coalition Forces'...

And no, Yukino's not nearly old enough to be anyone's grandmother. She just told Midori that the 'eye for an eye' revenge thing is useless and that's what Arika told her as well so Midori made that verbal comparison about Arika's words being similar to what she had heard before. If anything, that may be a clue as to how and why Midori and Yohko went separate ways.
Old 2006-03-11, 22:26   Link #193
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest35
Y'know, I have to wonder if becoming Sergay's 'go to' girl on the Valkryie squad is not just a ploy on Chie's part to get more vital information to send back to her home country. If it proves true, I'm sure that Sergay has already picked up on this (if he's already known about Nina's feelings, he surely has to pick up on this age-old tactic).
I'm pretty sure he did.

When Chie volunteered and asked if Sergay was displeased, he simply replied that he's more calm now with her on the team.
Old 2006-03-11, 22:53   Link #194
TheDisruptiveOne

Okay I admit that Chie has better chemistry with Sergay than any of the other girls so far. But what's with the desire to pair Sergay with ever girl on the Mai Otome roster? Sergay has a big scar on his face. Why not pair these girls with Nagi? Nagi is the freaking man! He's kind of short, I will admit......but he's the king of a country! He's not some bumpkin officer like Sergay.
Old 2006-03-11, 23:58   Link #195
friendshipz
lilian gakuen

i don see any chemistry between chie and sergei nor i have seen it between sergei and mai ...sergei is already a busy man to handled 2 kids...

ppl who keeps presuming mai lover is sergei izzit because of that good o picture??
sergei in MO did really have the similarities appearance from MH"tate" but in MO i honestly didnt see them(sergei and mai) having any chemistry until thus far...
so am not anywhere going to convince about this issue until the anime proved me wrong..

how far do u guys wants nina to explode her furious?!?!? arika itself is already enough for her to go under diabolical mode..how far do u wan nina to feel more agony because of an stupid man..

so, chie belongs to aoi(FIXED)
mai lover = "TATE", if that person really is sergei..hopefully she didnt have any feeling for guys anymore
maybe am a prejudice cos i really don like both tate and sergei in hime universe ...-_- ..partially because i hate harem char(only refer to male char only..lolz)

BlackCatXIII... yah i concur too..i cant imagine her ganny as a old hag lady...someone had mentioned that it is miyu who found arika and bring it to that ganny.. it might be true to a extent.
Old 2006-03-12, 02:13   Link #196
Maceart
Doremi-fansubs founder
*Fansubber

Good episode. A solid 9/10, Meciful Intelligential Yggdrasil Unit.

Let's go! Dance of the Valhalla!

Mai-Otome 22 out, presented by Doremi-fansubs.

AIR 2005! Kanon 2006! CLANNAD 2007-2008! Planetarian OAV/Movie 2010?
Old 2006-03-12, 02:59   Link #197
twh
Something or other...

Quote:
Originally Posted by friendshipz
i don see any chemistry between chie and sergei nor i have seen it between sergei and mai ...sergei is already a busy man to handled 2 kids...

ppl who keeps presuming mai lover is sergei izzit because of that good o picture??
sergei in MO did really have the similarities appearance from MH"tate" but in MO i honestly didnt see them(sergei and mai) having any chemistry until thus far...
so am not anywhere going to convince about this issue until the anime proved me wrong..

how far do u guys wants nina to explode her furious?!?!? arika itself is already enough for her to go under diabolical mode..how far do u wan nina to feel more agony because of an stupid man..

so, chie belongs to aoi(FIXED)
mai lover = "TATE", if that person really is sergei..hopefully she didnt have any feeling for guys anymore
maybe am a prejudice cos i really don like both tate and sergei in hime universe ...-_- ..partially because i hate harem char(only refer to male char only..lolz)
First off, you misunderstand. We say there's 'possible' chemistry between them as people and compatriots in the common goal, despite both having ulterior motives, because they're more mature than most of the cast and as in many cases, such charaters get along better than immature ones. I only went further with the drabble because we all know it's impossible but we wanna see how it'd look anyway. It's not limited to whether or not they'd be 'right for another' or not.

Also, you have no proof that Sergei and Mai weren't an item before, just as we have no proof that they were, but we still maintain that Sergei could have been that man in the picture since there's been NO other explanation about it since it's been placed as an obviously unimportant subplot. Just because you don't see it doesn't mean other people can't. Regardless, it's pointless to say whether it is or isn't according to one's 'intuition' or, in the case of Otome, libido.

I do agree that most harem male leads are spineless and immature weenies, Sergei, on the other hand is not and as a result, it wouldn't be as annoying since he'd probably settle things faster than any other lead of the aforementioned sub-genre.

Getting back to the episode, Nina got furious because she saw her father injured as a result of Arika's connection to Miyu. I highly doubt she'd go berserk if Sergei had been seeing someone else. Yes, she's immature in some ways, but I highly doubt she'd react so violently, and perhaps she'd get rid of her daddy complex, if she truly understood that her father had eyes for another woman. She'd either accept it begrudgingly or she'd probably have a emotionally gut wrenching heart to heart with her father.

In conclusion: My money's still on 'Sergei x Mai'.
Old 2006-03-12, 03:21   Link #198
Sakuya
*Artist

Not sure if this has been mentioned before but since Argos is dead, would his son (?) Kazuya take over? And if so, would Akane advance to become his Otome? I'd love to see Akane back again as an Otome. But I guess that'd be too many characters at once. I still don't see how they can fit so many unannounced Otome in the next few episodes.

Whatever happened to the first two Otome from Lutecia who fought?
Old 2006-03-12, 03:44   Link #199
Timeless Enigma
Tsushima Masaki

Well said twh.

Sakuya, was it actually said that Kazuya was the heir to the throne? Maybe it was but I have no recollection. All I know is that Kazuya was part of one of the three most powerful families in Carlteya.
Old 2006-03-12, 04:40   Link #200
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakuya
would Akane advance to become his Otome?
His otome? She'd be his queen. Wait, I didn't know he is Argos's son. Is he really? I don't know who's who among the nobilities.
Closed Thread