Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-03-07, 03:00   Link #1
deltara

Manga Chapter 448 Discussion (spoiler)

A former Scichibukai with a bounty higher than Luffy in the arc t

It seems that there will be a confrontation.
Old 2007-03-07, 15:06   Link #2
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

The last few chapters are very funny although not allowing so much discussion.

Anyway, according to the translation of the spoiler script, the person who steals the shadows carry the name of Gekko Moria, and according to Robin, he is one of the Shichibukai.

Although, the initial spoiler mentioned him as former Shichibukai, the most recent one does not mention him that way. So, he might be one of the currently active Shichibukais.

Also, his previous bounty, before he became a Shichibukai, was higher than Luffy's. I wonder if the mysterious swordsman appearing at the beginning of the chapter is also someone special, one of the hencmen of the Shichibukai.

Anyway, the current arc becomes more and more interesting. I am really anxious to find out the real reason behind such experiments and the relationship between that doctor and Shichibukai, other than the obvious goal of collecting the bounty.
Old 2007-03-07, 19:31   Link #3
Phenomenal
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Phenomenal
Sazelyt, Ikumdo!!!!!!!

HOW ABOUT THEM SHICHIBUKAI?!!!

I really thought this was going to be a filler arc, now we got Shichibukai everything is all good.

No chapter next week...............
Old 2007-03-08, 00:58   Link #4
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Phenom, you should have more trust in Oda, he knows how to prepare interesting surprises for us...

And, if you followed the last few chapters, you cannot say that you did not enjoy the last few chapters. They were really funny.
Old 2007-03-08, 13:55   Link #5
Slayerx

man, read the translation and it's good... i thought the last 2 chapters were a little meh, except for that scene with nami , but this one really picked things up a bit

we get revealed who it was who stole the shadows of brooke and that old zombie, and those zombies outside continue to crack me up XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Phenomenol View Post
HOW ABOUT THEM SHICHIBUKAI?!!!

I really thought this was going to be a filler arc, now we got Shichibukai everything is all good.
Jeez... say the word Shichibukai and it's an automatic win with you
And also, it could still be a FORMER shichibukai and not an active one (according to the earlier spoilers... and if it's a former one then that would still make it more like filler... though technically Brooke joining the crew would alone would suffice to making it non-filler arc since that would be an important story point

former Shichibukai would probably make more sence i don't see reason for fo an active one to be in a place such as this
Old 2007-03-08, 14:17   Link #6
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
And also, it could still be a FORMER shichibukai and not an active one (according to the earlier spoilers... and if it's a former one then that would still make it more like filler... though technically Brooke joining the crew would alone would suffice to making it non-filler arc since that would be an important story point
Skypie can also be considered as a filler, since the opponents were neither powerful pirates nor government officials. And the results didn't get heard by any earthian.

Our characters, in that arc, obtained gold, encouragement for Robin, some information on Roger, and additional stuff to prepare new weapons for Nami and Usopp. One more character joining the crew, I guess, would make this arc, more profitable than at least the Skypie one.
Old 2007-03-08, 14:48   Link #7
airsBlue

Send a message via MSN to airsBlue
Quote:

former Shichibukai would probably make more since i don't see reason for fo an active one to be in a place such as this
actually the word "Former Shichibukai" sound strange .. if he was a Shichibukai, and one with a high bounty i doubt that the marines will let him go ... but if he is an old man or zombie i would say that he may have the answer how was roger captured by the marines.

also another question about DF was answered in the old chapter ... that their can't be 2 Devil fruits with the same power..
Old 2007-03-08, 15:58   Link #8
Phenomenal
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sazelyt View Post
Phenom, you should have more trust in Oda, he knows how to prepare interesting surprises for us...

And, if you followed the last few chapters, you cannot say that you did not enjoy the last few chapters. They were really funny.
Yeah Oda is finally stepping his game up. Looks like he is really trying to wrap One Piece up. The last chapters were puting me to sleep, I thought these were filler arc just like skypiea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx
Jeez... say the word Shichibukai and it's an automatic win with you And also, it could still be a FORMER shichibukai and not an active one (according to the earlier spoilers... and if it's a former one then that would still make it more like filler... though technically Brooke joining the crew would alone would suffice to making it non-filler arc since that would be an important story point

former Shichibukai would probably make more sence i don't see reason for fo an active one to be in a place such as this
No, mention the words IMPORTANT characters and it is a win with me. Remember all of those assumptions we use to make between Me, you, MihawkXGP, NeroDrag38 in the who is strongest thread? All of my predictions came true!!!

Also It was confirmed that this is an ACTIVE Shichibukai member. A former Shichibukai would make no sense.
Old 2007-03-08, 17:53   Link #9
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by airsBlue View Post
actually the word "Former Shichibukai" sound strange .. if he was a Shichibukai, and one with a high bounty i doubt that the marines will let him go ... but if he is an old man or zombie i would say that he may have the answer how was roger captured by the marines.

also another question about DF was answered in the old chapter ... that their can't be 2 Devil fruits with the same power..
Actually, i was kinda betting on him being a former shichibukai zombified... it would rather fit in with the current theme going on...

And that thing about the devil fruits i think was mentioned by ussop wasn't it... he's not exactly an expert when it comes to those things... as we know, you can't tell offhand what power a devil fruit gives you until someone eats it, However, we do know their exists a book of sorts that lists devil fruits, in what power they give and what they look like; that's how blackbeard knew about the darkness fruit... this tells us that fruits that exist currently have existed atleast one time in the past... So while it's still questionable if two of the same devil fruit can exist at the same time, i think it's odd to say their can't be two of the same since that contradicts what i just explained

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Phenomenol
Also It was confirmed that this is an ACTIVE Shichibukai member. A former Shichibukai would make no sense.
I wouldn't call it confirmed until after the final scanlation comes out...
The translation i was reading had some iffy elements to it, as in an unpolished translation
Not to mention it is odd that the orginal summary that was released which had the same story(meaning it wasn't fake) used the term "former" but the new one does't... kinda of an odd mistake to make... only way that mistake could be made is if that translator didn't read it and was just jumping to conclusions... which is odd

And no, i think a former member would make more sence than a active member... i mean, the shichibukai are supposed to be out where they can terrorize pirates and strike fear in others... They can't really do that job from some moving haunted island that not many poeple even no about... really, i can't see much reason for him to be on that island... a former shichibukai on the other hand has no such responsibility and thus can freely do whatever he wants... it would especially make sence if he happen to be undead or something, giving more reason to him being on that island

Quote:
No, mention the words IMPORTANT characters and it is a win with me. Remember all of those assumptions we use to make between Me, you, MihawkXGP, NeroDrag38 in the who is strongest thread? All of my predictions came true!
Actually i could use a reminder... i don't care enough to remember such things in detail...
All i recall is you always saying Whitebeard, Mihawk, and i think Shanks being the strongest (sometimes going so far as to pointlessly bump up the thread just to remind us), and debates about the strength of Enel who you constantly downplayed... and i don't think the debates on Blackbeard were never brough to that thread since that development is fairly new and the thread has been rather dead... but ya, that's all i pretty much remeber from back then
Old 2007-03-08, 18:15   Link #10
airsBlue

Quote:
Actually, i was kinda betting on him being a former shichibukai zombified... it would rather fit in with the current theme going on...

And that thing about the devil fruits i think was mentioned by ussop wasn't it... he's not exactly an expert when it comes to those things... as we know, you can't tell offhand what power a devil fruit gives you until someone eats it, However, we do know their exists a book of sorts that lists devil fruits, in what power they give and what they look like; that's how blackbeard knew about the darkness fruit... this tells us that fruits that exist currently have existed atleast one time in the past... So while it's still questionable if two of the same devil fruit can exist at the same time, i think it's odd to say their can't be two of the same since that contradicts what i just explained

yeah but neither nami or chopper corrected him, also i meant that there can't exist two DF that give the same power at the same time ... i didn't say in the past, actually these are my thoughts about DF so far:
1- if you ate a DF u will gain a power depend on the DF and it is type (l
2- you will lose the ability to swim (become hammer in water) if u ate one fruit and explode if u are more than one
3- Have strange shape and Taste bad
4- there is a way to create or give weapon the ability of DF
5- logia DF are the strongest in general
6- only 1 DF with the same ability exist at the same time...
7- u could spend your entire life time looking for one without finding any
also the next ones are assumption by me:
8- the chance of finding DF become low when u go farther from the grandline.
9- i think that since (if it is true) there can't exist two fruits with the same power, i think each DF exist or reappear at the same place each time it user die.

also what i meant that it is strange to use the word former Shichibukai, because i don't think the the shichibukai is a job that u could quit when u feel like it .. i doubt that the marines will let any shichbukai leave ... i think the marines or WG will kill any shichbukai that try to leave them or place really a huge bounty on him ...
Old 2007-03-08, 19:44   Link #11
Slayerx

Quote:
also what i meant that it is strange to use the word former Shichibukai, because i don't think the the shichibukai is a job that u could quit when u feel like it .. i doubt that the marines will let any shichbukai leave ... i think the marines or WG will kill any shichbukai that try to leave them or place really a huge bounty on him ...
Well ofcourse the marines wouldn't LET them leave, but what exactly are they gonna do about it. The shichibukai are some of the strongest pirates in the world of one piece there are only, atmost, a handful who equal or surpass their strength. Stopping them is not gonna be an easy task, it's a lot easier said then done.

The most the marines can really do is deal with them like any other high profile pirate; Re-activate their bounty, increase it accordingly and just start sending marines after them, probably a vice admril... really, it's not hard to believe that a shichibukai would quit and then the marines finding themselves having incredible amount of traouble catching/killing him... especially if the pirate prepares ahead and foms a strong new crew before quiting

i mean, it's not like the shichibukai would have to go to world gov't headquaters and hand in an offical resignignation and give them a 2 weeks notice, infront of the 3 admirals

really, the only reason it seems to me that it would be an active shichibukai and not a former member is that i recall it being said that Oda wants one piece to be 1000 chapters long, but at the pace he's going he's probably gonna be looking at way more than that, so he needs to starting killing off villians quick because there's just plain too many of them left
Old 2007-03-09, 00:03   Link #12
Phenomenal
Banned

[QUOTE]
Quote:
I wouldn't call it confirmed until after the final scanlation comes out...The translation i was reading had some iffy elements to it, as in an unpolished translation
Not to mention it is odd that the orginal summary that was released which had the same story(meaning it wasn't fake) used the term "former" but the new one does't... kinda of an odd mistake to make... only way that mistake could be made is if that translator didn't read it and was just jumping to conclusions... which is odd

And no, i think a former member would make more sence than a active member... i mean, the shichibukai are supposed to be out where they can terrorize pirates and strike fear in others... They can't really do that job from some moving haunted island that not many poeple even no about... really, i can't see much reason for him to be on that island... a former shichibukai on the other hand has no such responsibility and thus can freely do whatever he wants... it would especially make sence if he happen to be undead or something, giving more reason to him being on that island
The translation that i read was accurate and it states that Gekko IS a Shichibukai with a bounty much higher than Luffy's!

If you watched this series carefully you would aready know that the Shichibukai do as they please. Crocodile was plotting to go against the governemnt and take over the world, we see Doflamingo already having plans of his own with this "New Era" business. I am not surprised that we find a Shichibukai in a haunted island doing as he pleases. It makes sense for a Shichibukai to be there on that island.

Quote:
Actually i could use a reminder... i don't care enough to remember such things in detail...
All i recall is you always saying Whitebeard, Mihawk, and i think Shanks being the strongest (sometimes going so far as to pointlessly bump up the thread just to remind us), and debates about the strength of Enel who you constantly downplayed... and i don't think the debates on Blackbeard were never brough to that thread since that development is fairly new and the thread has been rather dead... but ya, that's all i pretty much remeber from back then
Yeah it was exactly that. I said Ener would lose to the likes of powerful beings on the seas, I also said Blackbeard is stronger than ace. I even mention the fact that Shanks is one of the most powerful characters in One Piece but all of you were saying that he does not appear to be a fighter but a great captain and a charasmatic leader.
Old 2007-03-09, 03:51   Link #13
Chains of Heaven
Sasori's Puppet

Quote:
I even mention the fact that Shanks is one of the most powerful characters in One Piece but all of you were saying that he does not appear to be a fighter but a great captain and a charasmatic leader.
I agree with you.Shanks is still a hidden character with many secrets.Im sure he's aware of all Pluton weaponary thing that can change the world and will have a final duel with his old nemesis blackbeard in the end.Also i think he'll have some important place in revolution vs world-goverment vs pirates.If he kills whitebeard he might be the one to control pirate side, only if other 2 yonkou are just show offs.
Old 2007-03-09, 05:17   Link #14
airsBlue

Quote:
Well ofcourse the marines wouldn't LET them leave, but what exactly are they gonna do about it. The shichibukai are some of the strongest pirates in the world of one piece there are only, atmost, a handful who equal or surpass their strength. Stopping them is not gonna be an easy task, it's a lot easier said then done.

The most the marines can really do is deal with them like any other high profile pirate; Re-activate their bounty, increase it accordingly and just start sending marines after them, probably a vice admril... really, it's not hard to believe that a shichibukai would quit and then the marines finding themselves having incredible amount of traouble catching/killing him... especially if the pirate prepares ahead and foms a strong new crew before quiting

i mean, it's not like the shichibukai would have to go to world gov't headquaters and hand in an offical resignignation and give them a 2 weeks notice, infront of the 3 admirals
Quote:
If you watched this series carefully you would aready know that the Shichibukai do as they please. Crocodile was plotting to go against the governemnt and take over the world, we see Doflamingo already having plans of his own with this "New Era" business. I am not surprised that we find a Shichibukai in a haunted island doing as he pleases. It makes sense for a Shichibukai to be there on that island.

actually don't u think this is strange ... i mean why would the WG created the Shichibukai if they simply can't control or trust them .. why they are needed.

as The Phenomenol said most of the Shichibukai are doing as they please, hardly half of them came to the meeting when they where called, also some of them like croc who tried to find and awake the plotoon and doflamingo whose trying to create this new era ..
actually i don't understand why the WG need them anymore ...

Quote:
Yeah it was exactly that. I said Ener would lose to the likes of powerful beings on the seas, I also said Blackbeard is stronger than ace. I even mention the fact that Shanks is one of the most powerful characters in One Piece but all of you were saying that he does not appear to be a fighter but a great captain and a charasmatic leader.
sorry, but i don't understand how is ur opinion back then have anything to do with this chapter and the new Shichibukai, could u explain a little !!?
Old 2007-03-09, 14:08   Link #15
Phenomenal
Banned

Quote:
actually don't u think this is strange ... i mean why would the WG created the Shichibukai if they simply can't control or trust them .. why they are needed.

as The Phenomenol said most of the Shichibukai are doing as they please, hardly half of them came to the meeting when they where called, also some of them like croc who tried to find and awake the plotoon and doflamingo whose trying to create this new era ..
Well, it seems like the World governemnt thought they could use their (Shichibukai) services in stopping pirates. The marines (another world power) don't even get along with the Shichibukai, but it seems that the governemnt thinks they are using the Shichibukai for more power......but who is using who here? From the looks of it, the shichibukai seem to benefit from the governemnt more.

Quote:
sorry, but i don't understand how is ur opinion back then have anything to do with this chapter and the new Shichibukai, could u explain a little !!?
This is between me and slayerx!! If you go and read the who is the strongest guy in One piece thread, you would understand.
Old 2007-03-09, 14:34   Link #16
Slayerx

Quote:
The translation that i read was accurate and it states that Gekko IS a Shichibukai with a bounty much higher than Luffy's!
Unless you can read japanese you can't exactly call it 100% accurate...
Currently there are too translations of the chapter, both contain the same story with the only difference being that one says he WAS a member... a very minor difference, but a difference non-the less

So like i said, It definatly could be that he is a current active member, but its best to wait until the final translation, before we talk in such certainty... one thing these forums is notorious for is starting threads before the final tanslation and every once in a while posting mistaken/fake translations

Quote:
lets see...
1) In an SBS, Oda said Enel would have a bounty of 5-600million if he were on the blue sea... thus ranking him on the level of the shichibukai (and not exactly the weakest one either)... so your claims are still unfounded
2) Their were very few poeple who sided with Ace in that fight... in fact, you seemed to be the one who was most uncertain about how that fight would turn out. So congrats on stating the obvious
3) Shanks, no one outright denied shanks as a fighter(downplayed a bit, perhaps), but we did give him much more credit as a leader saying that it contributes to his strength and fame
4) No idea what ANY of that has to do with this current chapter

[QUOTE=The Phenomenol;856808]
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by airsBlue
your both missing one VERY crucial difference between what Gekko is doing and what Croc and Doflamingo are doing/did... Gekko CAN'T do is his shichibukai work from that island

While Croc and Doflamingo are both doing their own thing they are doing so while still maintaining the appearance that they are shichibukai working for the gov't. While settled in alabasta, Croc regularly went out to deal with pirates spreading his rep as a shichibukai. Doflamingo aswell, while conspiring with his crew has nothing preventing him for doing his job. While they may not be expected to follow orders, they damn well should be expected to maintain the appearance as pirates working for the gov't, striking terror in other pirates

Gekko however, can NOT do his job from that undead island... The island itself is a moving island that most poeple don't even know exists and second of all it's located in the black triangle and area of sea that most poeple try to avoid... Hundreds of ships have disappeared in the area and mystery and ghosts took the blame NOT Gekko. So overall, while it could be wrong with him being a former member, i actually do find it very odd that that an active Member would be there since unlike the others he can not maintain appearances... and i still would find it odd even it turns out he is an active member... seriously, the world gov't didn't take away his bounty for nothing
Old 2007-03-09, 19:01   Link #17
Undertaker

I agree with Slayerx as usual, I'm a bit shock to find a Shikibukai on the island. and like Slayerx mentioned it is a bit odd simply because he won't be able to fill his duty as Shikibukai on the island, albeit a moving island.

Although, it would make sense if WG only require the Shikibukai to turn pirates in to them like a sort of quota-type system, or the island could simply be Gekko's base.
Old 2007-03-09, 20:53   Link #18
Phenomenal
Banned

Quote:
Unless you can read japanese you can't exactly call it 100% accurate...
Currently there are too translations of the chapter, both contain the same story with the only difference being that one says he WAS a member... a very minor difference, but a difference non-the less

So like i said, It definatly could be that he is a current active member, but its best to wait until the final translation, before we talk in such certainty... one thing these forums is notorious for is starting threads before the final tanslation and every once in a while posting mistaken/fake translations
No the REAL chapter, the OFFICIAL chapter was released and it says "IS" a Shichibukai with a former bounty higher than Luffy's.

Quote:
lets see...
1) In an SBS, Oda said Enel would have a bounty of 5-600million if he were on the blue sea... thus ranking him on the level of the shichibukai (and not exactly the weakest one either)... so your claims are still unfounded
2) Their were very few poeple who sided with Ace in that fight... in fact, you seemed to be the one who was most uncertain about how that fight would turn out. So congrats on stating the obvious
3) Shanks, no one outright denied shanks as a fighter(downplayed a bit, perhaps), but we did give him much more credit as a leader saying that it contributes to his strength and fame
4) No idea what ANY of that has to do with this current chapter
1) Als you forgot too mention that Ener would get wasted by "much crazier guys" on the blue seas, particular the World powers. And no, he is not Shichibukia level because his abilities suck.
2) not only the fight between Ace and Blackbeard, but I said Blackbeard was going to be a major powerful character, and I was made fun of for that comment.
3) you guys thought Shanks was just sailing around for fun and that made me laugh.

Quote:
your both missing one VERY crucial difference between what Gekko is doing and what Croc and Doflamingo are doing/did... Gekko CAN'T do is his shichibukai work from that island While Croc and Doflamingo are both doing their own thing they are doing so while still maintaining the appearance that they are shichibukai working for the gov't. While settled in alabasta, Croc regularly went out to deal with pirates spreading his rep as a shichibukai. Doflamingo aswell, while conspiring with his crew has nothing preventing him for doing his job. While they may not be expected to follow orders, they damn well should be expected to maintain the appearance as pirates working for the gov't, striking terror in other pirates

Gekko however, can NOT do his job from that undead island... The island itself is a moving island that most poeple don't even know exists and second of all it's located in the black triangle and area of sea that most poeple try to avoid... Hundreds of ships have disappeared in the area and mystery and ghosts took the blame NOT Gekko. So overall, while it could be wrong with him being a former member, i actually do find it very odd that that an active Member would be there since unlike the others he can not maintain appearances... and i still would find it odd even it turns out he is an active member... seriously, the world gov't didn't take away his bounty for nothing
Excuse me? Gekko just wasted a pirate in Brooke? He is doing his job at the same time seems to be involved with Hogback. Gekko is a Shichibukai and it is stated!!!!
Old 2007-03-09, 21:42   Link #19
Eleutheria
旅行癖

Hah! I bet Gekko was in love with the zombie, plate-hating dancer, and the Mad Doctor offered to revive her from the dead, in exchange for Gekko's bodyguard services.

The shadow in the middle of the chapter with the sword was probably Gekko -- and the picture monsters referred to him as the yojimbo (bodyguard).
Old 2007-03-09, 22:57   Link #20
marvelB

Well, I caught up with all the previous chapters (couldn't read them previously due to a rather busy schedule) and just finished the latest one, and I gotta say that this is one heck of a storyline! A scientist that looks like a wierd mix between Dr. Eggman and the Penguin from Batman Returns? A plate-throwing zombie chick? A ghost that makes you depressed, and an invisible beast-man? And NOW we even get a Shichibukai thrown into the mix (and one of the previously unknown ones at that)! Oda certainly hasn't disappointed, though I honestly didn't think we'd get to see the next Shichibukai until the Merman Island storyline (since it's most likely that we'd see Jimbei there). Of course, there's also a chance that Luffy might not fight Gecko Moria in this storyline, considering how much of a thread he was already indicated to be (his former bounty was higher than Luffy's... could it even be as high or even higher than Doflamingo's?). But then again, if he doesn't fight him, how will he regain the shadows of Brooke and the other zombies that are doomed to live in darkness? This should be quite an interesting development...

Oh, and of course, I wonder who the "guardian" is, as well. He can't be Brooke, since he has skin (but he has the same laugh), so I guess he's some powerful zombie swordsman. Methinks that he may be Zoro's opponent in this arc...
Closed Thread