AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2009-01-26, 07:14   Link #2301
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

Ya, it was one of the changes made to Hunters to help increase their dps or something. Although its not really aimed if its instant IMO, should be called Hasty Shot.
Old 2009-01-26, 07:29   Link #2302
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Okay, I get the merits of Aimed Shot now that it's instant. But I'm confused by Wyvern Sting and Noxious Stings. That's not granting 9% more damage, it's only giving 3% more. Isn't that a bit low for 4 talent points?

Thanks for clearing up TnT. The way ir was worded made it sound like only trap procs allowed the extra crit on Explosive Shot.
Old 2009-01-26, 08:44   Link #2303
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

Yeah that was my mistake about the numbers on Noxious Stings but even at only 3% it is definitely worth it. Even if you disagree, you still need somewhere to put those points to have enough for Explosive Shot and there really is nowhere else. Throwing more points into Hunting Party or Expose Weakness when they are already up all the time with only 2 is a much bigger waste than 3% damage imo.
RWBladewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-26, 20:52   Link #2304
xYuki
P.A.N.D.O.R.A
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via Yahoo to xYuki
LOTS of changes in WOTLK right?.. ive never tried it yet.. bcoz my WOW client has been deleted xD

Last edited by xYuki; 2009-01-27 at 01:19.
xYuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-27, 01:12   Link #2305
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWBladewing View Post
Yeah that was my mistake about the numbers on Noxious Stings but even at only 3% it is definitely worth it. Even if you disagree, you still need somewhere to put those points to have enough for Explosive Shot and there really is nowhere else. Throwing more points into Hunting Party or Expose Weakness when they are already up all the time with only 2 is a much bigger waste than 3% damage imo.
Wouldn't it be dependent on gear though? This is an alt I'm considering the spec for. One in whatever is on offer in Borean Tundra.
Old 2009-01-27, 07:38   Link #2306
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

Yeah it would, though I would take Wyvern Sting and 3% extra damage for leveling and ganking defense purposes over a little extra mana regeneration any day.
Old 2009-01-27, 07:43   Link #2307
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

I'll take your word for it. I also sent the spec you recommended to Sephi, he seems keen on rolling Hunter once his exams are over.
Old 2009-01-28, 11:18   Link #2308
tkdtiger

I have 1 more lvl to go to get my dk. Any suggestions on making a good dk for pvp purposes?
tkdtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-28, 17:30   Link #2309
EoT
~~

So I bought WoW today in hope's of being able to play it. I put the disk one in the PC and for some reason the PC doesn't read it when I put it in ><

And when I hit explore on the disk, then double click on installer it says 'blizzard installer has stopped working'

Has anyone else here encountered these problems? and yes I use Vista.
EoT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-29, 03:18   Link #2310
Sephi
Thinking outside the box
*Graphic Designer

Installed fine on my Vista.

I was all happy yesterday when i bought WoW Battlechest. Installing took ages... And installing TBC was also a eternity. At 99% the installer crashed because it couldn't find WoW.ink something that was created on my desktop. I removed it because i thought it was some junk... Had to reinstall TBC again... the joy...

After that i tried starting up WOW. the second phase of the punishment game begins. A 2.5GB patch. About 1 and half hour later it was installed and downloaded. Than another ninja assault in the form of a 600MB patch!!! I canceled that one because it said my firewall was blocking it. And tried restarting it, but it didn't want to after that ~~ tried with a account logging in so it will force check for latest version...

So tried to make a account after that, so i won't have to do it tomorrow. And found out i need one of those Visa/CC to create a account, or a prepaid card. I didn't got one.. So after asking friends and googling a bit i gave up and decide to get the gamecard tomorrow. And heck.. might as well get WoTLK along ~~

Currently watching: Aria the Origination & Dennou Coil
Sephi: Anime Icons | Signatures & Avatars | Renders
Sephi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-29, 08:51   Link #2311
EoT
~~

I had to put my PC in safe mode in order to install :E

I'll probably end up as rerolling as a Warlock.
EoT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-29, 09:50   Link #2312
Sephi
Thinking outside the box
*Graphic Designer

Fairly sure i'm going Hunter.

If the name Aria is available i will roll a Female Bloodelf Hunter.
Otherwise, i hope Sephi is available, and it will be a male Tauren Hunter.

Finally installed everything and made my account. Was a bit of a hassle... Could only create account on WoW-Europe. And than after upgrading to TBC i didn't saw it at my account info, so retried again, telling me key is claimed... guess the upgrade went ok. Did same with WoTLK. Hope it went ok. Downloading a 600Mb patch atm... love blizzard downloader... can't limit my upload... With my upload speed being at max, i can't really download fast... Download time: 60min ~~

Meh, blizzard isn't really customer friendly on that aspect.

I saw in Bradygames Guidebook that came with my Battlechest that Dragonhawks can be tamed. Stats of them around lvl 68-69 is 6.5k hp and 6k armor. I also saw a lvl 69 on the list with a wooping 13k HP!! is that a typo? Name is Bloodfalcon(elite), can that one still be tamed for a hunter or is it only for Beast Mastery talented hunters ?

Old 2009-01-29, 09:51   Link #2313
Xacual

I'm pretty sure WotLK can be installed by itself since it has all the previous game data too.

About pets in general, they don't keep the stats they have before being tamed. All pets of a certain family will have the same stats and skills as any other. Only difference being color or maybe some other physical difference.

http://petopia.brashendeavors.net/

Good site for looking at all the different pet families.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-29, 10:38   Link #2314
Sephi
Thinking outside the box
*Graphic Designer

Ah thank you, silly me, i forgot there stats get changed to that of their pet family.

Any must use addons for hunters, or just usefull addons overall? I use to have quite a few addons. But i want to start with some DPS meter and will give X-Perl UnitFrames a try again. IIRC i used to use that one to modify the character icon to 3d ones.

Old 2009-01-29, 10:44   Link #2315
Xacual

The best dps meter is most likely Recount still.

Also yay for my guild killing Sarth + 3 Drakes and winning the roll off for our first mount!

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy

Last edited by Xacual; 2009-01-29 at 10:55.
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-29, 12:11   Link #2316
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
The best dps meter is most likely Recount still.

Also yay for my guild killing Sarth + 3 Drakes and winning the roll off for our first mount!
Congrats. My rolling is unbeatable for random crap like BoE greens and Frozen Orbs but the absolute worst for stuff that actually matters. I guarantee you I will be the last in my guild to get one.
Old 2009-01-29, 12:24   Link #2317
Sephi
Thinking outside the box
*Graphic Designer

Started installing wow around 3PM, finally done at 5PM ~~ Could finally get starting. Another great misfortune awaits.

The (EU)realm Tarren Mill that i use to play on seems to be in bad condition. Ping of 500-600, found a old guildy with who command and asked him about the realm condition, he says his ping is even worse ~~ 1k +

So my hunt for a realm started, thanks to realmstatus, i had a indication of how many people are on a realm. And the date the realm went online. Apparently there is no logic at the lag of blizzard realms. Some 2006 realms lag, and some even older 2005 don't. But i didn't found a realm from 2007 to be lagging. So meh meh, blizzard...

Finally found a realm (Shattered Halls), but the names i want to use is in use T.T Such misfortune lol...

@Xacual thanks for the recommendation, will try it out when i settled on a realm

Old 2009-01-29, 13:22   Link #2318
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

If you are adamant about those names you can use Warcraftrealms.com to get a rough idea of what servers they are taken on. It's not even close to 100% accurate but it's a start. I looked them up and Aria is apparently not taken on very many but you'd have a pretty tough time getting Sephi.
Old 2009-01-29, 13:51   Link #2319
Sephi
Thinking outside the box
*Graphic Designer

Claiming Sephi or Aria been quite a pain alright, couldn't claim the name Aria anywhere, had some luck with Sephi. Even made a list of potantial names now... had quite some luck with claiming Teletha and
Testarossa. Also, finding a suitable realm has been quite a pain. Some realms with ping of 70, and flipping to 150, while being 30 now.. even though it's prime time.

Took a look at EU and US realms. I wonder why US got so many new realms lately, while EU still has to do with older realms. The choice of PVP realms is quite limited to.

Old 2009-01-29, 15:03   Link #2320
Clarste
Human

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWBladewing View Post
If you are adamant about those names you can use Warcraftrealms.com to get a rough idea of what servers they are taken on. It's not even close to 100% accurate but it's a start. I looked them up and Aria is apparently not taken on very many but you'd have a pretty tough time getting Sephi.
wowarmory.com should completely accurate... assuming they've ever logged onto that character since it was released. Since it's actually taking the data from Blizzard's servers directly it should be more reliable than some survey site.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
blizzard, game, mmorpg, online, warcraft, windows