AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Penguin Drum

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-09-15, 17:50   Link #1421
Kirarakim

You guys are making me nervous about episode 10. It's getting really hard not to look at spoilers or download the RAW (even though that is pointless because I won't understand a thing that is going on).
Old 2011-09-15, 17:50   Link #1422
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Due precisely to Kaisos and Kazu-kun's conversation, my anticipation went through the roof, and I went and watched this raw.

I can see why Kaisos really liked this, but I can also see why Kazu-kun didn't.

Characters did look a bit off-model to me. It's hard to put my finger on exactly what it is (faces too narrow, perhaps?), but I do see the quality issues that a couple others are referring to. It didn't bother me that much, but it is there, imo.

I'm not going to talk about non-visual aspects of Episode 10 (characterization, plot, etc...) until I watch this with subs, but I wanted to give my take on the visual aspect.
Old 2011-09-16, 02:29   Link #1423
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

WTF... knew Masako used to be Kanba's GF (she targeted all the girls around him), but still have no clue why Masako wants the diary. Then again, we don't know why Himari wants the diary either. Argh, me wanting to know is driving me crazy! How is a diary going to help either Himari or Mario with their survival strategy?

Speaking of who... Masako calls him "Mario-san". Is it just me, or is that weird for siblings? I mean, Takakura siblings don't have such honorifics, and Mario looking to be younger than Masako.... yeah weird indeed.

All that said, it's very 'daww inducing for me seeing Ringo go all emotional about Sho and his well being. Would've rather have her go even more insane, but you can't always get what you want lol. XD

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
Old 2011-09-16, 02:30   Link #1424
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed

Spoiler for Episode 10 (Do we still need spoiler tags?):
Old 2011-09-16, 03:02   Link #1425
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Now that I finally watched this subbed, a few points on Episode 10

Spoiler for Episode 10 thoughts:
Old 2011-09-16, 03:13   Link #1426
SoFarGone
H.A.M.

Why so serious? Anyway I enjoyed episode 10

Spoiler for so:
Old 2011-09-16, 04:55   Link #1427
EroKing

Episode 10

Best penguin of the series

Love you lingerie anonymous Nurse-chan
Old 2011-09-16, 05:22   Link #1428
Sides

Holy cow, black penguin is a
Spoiler:
Old 2011-09-16, 05:32   Link #1429
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sides View Post
Holy cow, black penguin is a
Spoiler:
What really? I thought it was pretty obvious by her design.
Old 2011-09-16, 06:46   Link #1430
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

The animation was indeed pretty bad this week, but that didn't stop me from enjoying the episode. As I suspected, Masako is one of Kanba's exes. Ringo's getting some competition in the crazy stalker category.

Ringo's taken a step in the right direction by giving up her diary to save someone else's life. I expect her storyline to be resolved very soon, perhaps even in the next episode.

#1 was hilarious as always. Definitely the best penguin.
Old 2011-09-16, 07:49   Link #1431
zeando
maybenotimome

did anyone else noticed the one to pick the fallen diary piece looked like yuri?
Old 2011-09-16, 10:15   Link #1432
klare

Spoiler for eps 10:
Old 2011-09-16, 11:02   Link #1433
Tjfarmer
I'm almost there!

Send a message via AIM to Tjfarmer
Other than the fact Kanba looked very off a lot of the episode, and the occasional QUALITY, I thought this was a good episode. When I heard SURVIVAL STRATEGY for some reason it didn't cross my mind it was gonna be Mario, and I was really hoping for a Princess Crystal and Masako confrontation.
Old 2011-09-16, 11:32   Link #1434
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

The quality diving is not such a big problem, except that this episode coming back from ep 9 where animation almost reached the perfection in quality. At some point, i started to wonder whether this episode is fan made rather than actual ep 10,but then there's VA to confirm. The off in character design, the lack in animation (especially the Kanba going down stair sequence), and lack of quality overall is a little bit alarming. Understandable, but they can't get to legendary status having this low quality (finger crossed for fixing during DVD/Bluray release).

Other than that, i have no complaint over character development.
  • Ringo shows her unexpectedly weak character but it's understandable, considering a guy nearly lost his life to save her.
  • Did Himari x Kanba's flag a fake one. Coming quite unexpected
  • Natsume having crushed over Kanba? Expected. I don't think it's just that simple through
  • The one who picked up the diary looks really like Yuri. Is it possible that Yuri, Tabuki, Masako are working together, for Mario. In other side, we have Ringo, Kanba, Sho for Himari
  • Horie Yui singing the ED. That's totally unexpected. She plays Masako? Even more unexpected

Overall, the episode is a bit disappointing after coming down from such high note last episode

PS: understand Nina.Wolken's frustration on how everything seems to be so straightforward and simple this episode. But unless this anime is 1-cour, otherwise we still have so many episodes left for everything to end this simple. Maybe an effort to play down audience's expectation before throwing something big? (hopefully)

Last edited by risingstar3110; 2011-09-16 at 11:57.
Old 2011-09-16, 12:32   Link #1435
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

Not related to this episode but holy guacamole the Japanese fans are talent, look at all this stuff they've made!

Spoiler for episode 10:
Old 2011-09-16, 12:35   Link #1436
ookamigirl

Shoma hit by a car.. Kan & Himari visited him in the hospital.
He's lucky he got off that easy, but I guess saving Ringo had a price.
Shoma got kidnapped all 'cause of the diary or what's left of it.
Penguin fishing for girl's underwear?! That part was totally LOL! Guess sometimes the best parts are going on in the background ^^
The ending sure was unexpected! ROFL

My Blog --> ookami
Old 2011-09-16, 12:58   Link #1437
faburosumakusu

Spoiler for question:
Old 2011-09-16, 13:25   Link #1438
TJR

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post
The quality diving is not such a big problem, except that this episode coming back from ep 9 where animation almost reached the perfection in quality. At some point, i started to wonder whether this episode is fan made rather than actual ep 10,but then there's VA to confirm. The off in character design, the lack in animation (especially the Kanba going down stair sequence), and lack of quality overall is a little bit alarming. Understandable, but they can't get to legendary status having this low quality (finger crossed for fixing during DVD/Bluray release).
I haven't seen the episode yet, but the animation appears to have been a solo effort by Keiji Gotoh (Kiddy Grade, Uta Kata), who also handled the storyboard and episode direction.

From a quick glance, the style seems quite different from previous episodes. Nevertheless, there're many stills and awkward drawings, which might suggest limited time/resources.
Old 2011-09-16, 13:38   Link #1439
SoFarGone
H.A.M.

Spoiler for spoiler:
Old 2011-09-16, 14:18   Link #1440
Uribatake

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJR View Post
I haven't seen the episode yet, but the animation appears to have been a solo effort by Keiji Gotoh (Kiddy Grade, Uta Kata), who also handled the storyboard and episode direction.

From a quick glance, the style seems quite different from previous episodes. Nevertheless, there're many stills and awkward drawings, which might suggest limited time/resources.
I'm surprised because those off-model frames really don't look like Gotoh's usual style. I hope there's a chance they'll redraw them for the Blu-ray.
Closed Thread

Tags
drama, ikuhara, penguin, stalking, supernatural, surrealism