AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Tech Support

Notices

Old 2013-03-19, 00:57   Link #1
Hayamaneko
cat boy?

Send a message via AIM to Hayamaneko
Bootmgr missing

Already tried startup repair and resetting the cables but nothing has worked. OS is Win 7 64 bit
Old 2013-03-19, 03:36   Link #2
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

When you say "startup repair", I assume you mean you already tried repairing with the Windows DVD and its system repair function?
Old 2013-03-19, 08:50   Link #3
Hayamaneko
cat boy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade334 View Post
When you say "startup repair", I assume you mean you already tried repairing with the Windows DVD and its system repair function?
Yes. An Windows 7 installation has also not been detected event though I have one on one of the hard drives

edit:
ok.....for some damn reason I was able to boot into windows from the SATA drive; a a drive that I had no windows installations installed. The fuck.

Last edited by Hayamaneko; 2013-03-19 at 09:26.
Hayamaneko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-20, 00:07   Link #4
Hayamaneko
cat boy?

Sorry for the double post but I am still getting the missing bootmgr error whenever I restart or turn the computer on from hibernation. I can load into windows after pressing F11 and booting it from the SATA drive (which, again, doesn't have my main windows installation but loads like it does for some reason) but I really don't see why I am getting this error message in the first place. What can I do other then running startup repair again?
Old 2013-03-20, 00:16   Link #5
Haiprbim
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayamaneko View Post
What can I do other then running startup repair again?
Use Linux, plain and simple.
I guarantee you won't have to go through the stupid issues Windows are currently causing you if you will have you System updated up to date.

Have a good day.
Haiprbim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-20, 03:08   Link #6
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
Are you sure you didn't just install it on the wrong disc and have your bios set up wrong?
-KarumA- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-21, 20:21   Link #7
sa547
*Author

If nothing else works, Neko, with a boot disk you'll have to back up every document you have there and go for a clean reformat and reinstall.

Quote:
Originally Posted by P3tr View Post
Use Linux, plain and simple.
I guarantee you won't have to go through the stupid issues Windows are currently causing you if you will have you System updated up to date.

Have a good day.
OT: Sorry and no offense, are you one of those who like to say "Install Linux -- Problem Solved"?

Please, don't try to start a row over which OS is better. As a PC technician, I've been there before, and the rivalry is very ugly, lengthy and tiresome. Both operating systems -- Win7 and Ubuntu -- are good as long as they're properly used and maintained in working order.
Old 2013-03-22, 01:34   Link #8
Haiprbim
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa547 View Post
OT: Sorry and no offense, are you one of those who like to say "Install Linux -- Problem Solved"?

Please, don't try to start a row over which OS is better. As a PC technician, I've been there before, and the rivalry is very ugly, lengthy and tiresome. Both operating systems -- Win7 and Ubuntu -- are good as long as they're properly used and maintained in working order.
I'm not one of "those".
This is actually more of an objective comment, if we look at the results and tests around the world and how users experienced it.

Also, looking at Linux being a free Software unlike others, I do not see it ugly.
It is just so: Linux is safer if you keep it updated up to date, it boots faster, it warns you about any possible malware, viruses, keyloggers that want to access your computer, it does not have random crashes as Windows and sometimes Mac does and overall, if there are any Tech issues about Linux, they are very rare.

Although my post may have sounded a bit rough, I suggested him to test out Linux if he doesn't want this kind of issues repeating.

Note that one may have multiple Softwares Installed on one computer and he could switch to Windows for example to play games, but staying on Linux on everyday visits would be a smart move to prevent issues similar to this one.

Thanks.
Haiprbim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-22, 06:54   Link #9
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

Perhaps, but suggesting to switch directly to another OS doesn't help the topic creator in solving his current predicament. People in need usually want a quick, painless solution, one that doesn't involve too much change or adaptation, not something as drastic and momentous as setting up a new OS (especially if he has never used Linux) and getting used to its ecosystem. He wants to know if he can fix his bootmgr problem; a hypothetical OS switch can be suggested MUCH later, after he has ascertained that his files are not gone and that his Windows install can still be salvaged.

No offence either, but when your buddy's car gets a flat tire or a bum suspension spring, do you immediately tell him to buy a new car? No need to go THAT far.

Anyway, back to the original poster's problem...if you haven't already found those websites, try the fixes they've mentioned:

Using WinRE
Missing bootmgr message
SevenForums
Old 2013-03-28, 21:25   Link #10
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed

First off, there's a lot of reasons that your bootmgr may be "missing". There are, unfortunately, no real one size fits all solutions (besides re-installing Windows).

Secondly, if what I'm about to post is against the forum rules, please feel free to delete it and admonish me.

Often, when I've run into this issue (usually on laptops), I've placed Hiren's BootCD on a USB drive or CD. Then, I've booted from it into MiniWindowsXP. Then, turned the computer off, and restarted like normal (ie: not booting from Hiren's BootCD, but booting normally from Windows), and viola, the bootmgr is missing error was usually gone.
Also, cake.
creb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-30, 15:58   Link #11
Wandering_Youth
lost in wonder forever...

There are many reasons why you're getting the bootmsg error. It could be your setup in BIOs is wrong, the bootup partition of the hard for Window7 is damaged or corrupted or least likely reason is the cable from your hard drive to your motherboard is faulty.

I had experienced this type of problem many times. For me mostly, it was the boot partition of the hard that you installed the Windows 7 in that is corrupted or damaged. Every time you install a Windows 7 OS it'll partition a tiny invisible 100MB portion of the hard drive for all the boot and startup services of Windows. I usually run the Bootrec commander in the command prompt to fix it.

How to use Bootrec.