Voters: 87. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-07-30, 12:48   Link #61
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shion's Sanity View Post
Akasaka could have always gotten a tan! Besides that, I do see a bit of a resemblance between them.
the problem isn't really the Tan, but the face proportion, and the eyes ^^"

Quote:
And given the usual rough estimate of Tomitake's death, it would seem he died soon after talking to Rika. Because she had just finished her dance, and the festival was about over. is another reason. In the first arc, it was at the end of the festival that Keiichi met with Tomitake and Takano, and according to Oishi, Tomitake was found dead shortly after talking with him.
There is a problem in this : in Onikakushi, Keiichi met with Tomitake and Takano after the cotton drifting. (well the watanagashi).
Also, tomitake was present during Rika's performance. That means they intruded in the storage room either before her performance, or after their meeting with keiichi.

In watanagashi, Tomitake and Takano are lockpicking the storage room during Rika's performance.

in this chapter, They already did when Rika finished her performance.

thus, their intrusion isn't set in stone, so is the problem with the time of their death.
As an example, in Onikakushi, tomitake's corpse was found around midnight, and his estimated time of death is between 9 and 11 PM.

Thus, it is really not possible to determine when they were doing their business, thus Rika's question.
Old 2007-07-30, 12:56   Link #62
Exilon
Philosopher of theories

Yes, with Rika knowing that she has nothing to lose, not risking everything seems like a weird option. On the other hand, she's utterly desperate and doesn't seem to be able to think so clearly.

Other possibilty is that she has already tried to follow him but it didn't work. Remember that Rika has lived through much more Hinamizawas than those we are presented with.
Old 2007-07-30, 13:00   Link #63
Shion's Sanity
Banned

I still say they look similiar.

And if Tomitake chooses to attend the festival ceremony where Rika dances, I do not believe he also breaks into the storage shed. I believe he does one or the other. The three times he does this, it's always finished as the ceremony is ending, thus why she bumped into him. Either way, it seems more likely that the time of his death remains the same, given that that's how it seems to be so far.
Old 2007-07-30, 18:12   Link #64
Exilon
Philosopher of theories

If it is Akasaka, why is he stalking Rika? Why did he try to enter her house and then go back? If he is Akasaka, he shouldn't really be afraid of her... then, why does he have that attitude?

It is a good theory (that the stalker is Akasaka), and it makes some sense, and it would also fuel Rika's hope about something major changing. But then his actions don't make any sense at all...
Old 2007-07-30, 18:28   Link #65
Shion's Sanity
Banned

If it was Akasake, maybe he's not stalking her, so much as watching over her. He knows that she has predicted her death. If he looked up the village's history, he'd know all of her other predictions came true. Maybe he's waiting for someone to try and harm her to jump out from the shadows and kick some butt!
Old 2007-07-30, 19:22   Link #66
Cheezy
brrr

Send a message via MSN to Cheezy
Does season 2 have anything to do with season 1?

This endless chain thing.. I don't quite get it. How can Rika predict everything?

Long time ago i watched season one, and i'm quite a newbie at this :P
Old 2007-07-30, 19:26   Link #67
Shion's Sanity
Banned

Yes, they are connected. Season 2 should clear up all the mysteries left behind by Season 1. However, if it has really been that long since you've watched the first season, I'd suggest you watch it again before moving on to Kai. Even the smallest things can be important later.

And as for the question about Rika, better to learn for yourself by watching the series.^^
Old 2007-07-30, 22:23   Link #68
MezzoDragon

This is a creepy episode with a cute Rika/Satoko scene. It is a shame Rika cannot do anything to change her destiny. The preview for the next episode was... a bit lame. Hanyuu's laugh is worst than Satoko's. And that is saying something.
Old 2007-07-30, 22:29   Link #69
Cheezy
brrr

Send a message via MSN to Cheezy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shion's Sanity View Post
Yes, they are connected. Season 2 should clear up all the mysteries left behind by Season 1. However, if it has really been that long since you've watched the first season, I'd suggest you watch it again before moving on to Kai. Even the smallest things can be important later.

And as for the question about Rika, better to learn for yourself by watching the series.^^
Gee, and i didn't even think the different arcs were connected with each other..

Ah well
Old 2007-07-30, 22:57   Link #70
Shion's Sanity
Banned

The little sound Hanyuu makes is kind of cute.^^
Old 2007-07-31, 04:22   Link #71
Exilon
Philosopher of theories

Auauau~~~

Yes, it's "kai!!".

Bah, why watch Rika over the shadows if he can just come in, say "I'm Akasaka, I'll protect Rika!" instead of standing on the shadows? What does he want, surprise the people that want to kill Rika?...

IT doesn't make any sense at all....
Old 2007-07-31, 06:33   Link #72
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Yeah I'm just not sure that it would be Akasaka. If he really came around to help Rika (which always left me wondering why the hell he didn't in other arcs) he would probably let her know about it. He knows first hand how dangerous things can be there so he'd probably at least want to stop by the police station and get that knife proof vest.
Old 2007-07-31, 07:05   Link #73
Exilon
Philosopher of theories

I don't really know why he didn't come in the other arcs (my memory is fialing me) but, either that is explained in Himatsubushi-hen or one of the last two answer arcs. I don't think the question is, "Why doesn't he come?", I think the question is "Why would he come?". I think there are several possibilities, being some: he doesn't want to go back to that "cursed" place ; he works for the police and he's not just a policeman, he is a special agent - one of the best. So he can't really control what he does (he doesn't have a family, therefore, he has nothing to lose, and dedicates his life to his work) or what he's ordered to do.

But, there are some things that point him as being Akasaka as well. For one, it would explain why Rika doesn't feel like being stalked - it's not an evil presence (for her.). But for Satoko, that never met Akasaka, it's a stranger that's after them. Also, if he is indeed Akasaka, that'd make for a fantastic and inteligent twist, besides giving Rika new hope about how things could change.

But I still believe he's just a stalker...
Old 2007-07-31, 07:48   Link #74
Echoes

I don't really believe the stalker to be Akasaka either. He hardly seems to be the kind of guy who'd take that approach, even if he worked undercover and had to deceive people, I don't think he would stalk Rika and Satoko. It seems very out of character, so I'm with the random-nut-stalker hypothesis until we get more information

I do believe it's likely that he'd come back at some point or another, though, since he's a nice guy and all, so anything's possible.
Old 2007-07-31, 08:00   Link #75
FlashCE

Was it explained who killed Rika in that episode back in season 1 where her body was cut open? The one where Keiichi survives the disaster, I think.
Old 2007-07-31, 08:34   Link #76
Exilon
Philosopher of theories

You mean tatagoroshi-hen. No, I don't believe there's really any hint about who killed Rika in that episode. She's just found dead by Keichi.

In fact, you don't know who actually killed Rika until Minagoroshi-hen (if I'm not wrong). It's one of the biggest mysteries of the series - Rika's death and what it means.
Old 2007-07-31, 13:27   Link #77
Shion's Sanity
Banned

Akasaka approaching the matter of protecting Rika in that matter actually makes a lot of sense. It would be unwise to let people know he's back and trying to protect Rika, since he does not know who the killer(s) are/is. And if the killer is also following Rika, any conversations they have could be overheard. He's a cop-he's got to think of this stuff.
Old 2007-07-31, 13:40   Link #78
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

That doesn't make sense until the said akasaka can tail rika 100% of the time. (thus access in various places, especially INDOORS.)
Without that factor, tailing someone secretely isn't effective, since there is a lack of reaction and the needed distance between the follower and its target. Any distraction, any moment like this will turn into an opening to any aggressor.
A "secret" bodyguard should at least be in contact with its client/target, which can provide a backup plan, if the target is in crisis. (X rally point if Y situation happen at Z moment, and so forth) Such protection on a whim is so random that it isn't effective at all.
Oh and yes, it is possible to get a bodyguard with enough preparation without being spotted by said enemy.

That said, it isn't even required to do this : as a tokyo investigator, if he was aware of this case, he could dispatch some policemen (just like what Kumatani was going to do), and even some special reinforcements if needed. This isn't really similar to his mission in Himatsubushi.

Either way, making sense or not, it isn't him considering the physical traits, and the way how the man is tailing Rika. (only focusing on the target instead of the surroundings included, which doesn't make sense if it is to protect).
Old 2007-07-31, 13:45   Link #79
Shion's Sanity
Banned

I didn't say he was a good protector.>_>; But you should never just push the possibility asside.
Old 2007-07-31, 15:35   Link #80
Exilon
Philosopher of theories

Aksaka is a _very_ competent agent. So, if he was to protect Rika, he'd do a pretty good job. I already said that Akasaka is one of the best agents out there (in the Higurashi universe). So, considering everything, I don't think he doesn't know how to act correctly in these situations...
Closed Thread