AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2013-09-11, 12:19   Link #4841
Kinku
Hate a Hater.Love a Lover

Send a message via MSN to Kinku
Lucifer going to be part of Baby Bal harem soon
Old 2013-09-11, 12:32   Link #4842
Awrya
U mad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest35 View Post

Just one question... WHY are all these demons being contracted to KIDS!? Easier to assimilate to? Or do the adults think that they can be easily manipulated?
Obviously because it's shōnen and has a high school setting.
But the two who attacked Saotome are adults working for the company, so it's not like there're only teenage contractors.

Maybe whenever demons see their contractors use demonic energy, the knowledge on how to use it is passed down to the child as well? After seeing Oga handing out King's seals, Beel learned on how give the vassals his (excess) energy? It could also be to learn about leadership.
Old 2013-09-11, 13:04   Link #4843
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Just one question... WHY are all these demons being contracted to KIDS!? Easier to assimilate to? Or do the adults think that they can be easily manipulated?
Strictly speaking, an obvious point is the genre. This manga is targeted to teenagers and young adults so of course the main character and cast has to be teenagers and young adults.

Though looking at the story and the character cast. It make sense however, Baby Beel is baby. Adults in their 30s or more are not going to connect with him, rather they will be like fleas flying everywhere because either they fear him or they aim to use him for their own gain. They have lost their innocence and live in the adult world where dog eat dog. Baby Beel wouldn't have developed in the way he is now.
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-11, 13:05   Link #4844
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

I understand the meta-reason (shounen) and all that - I dun care about the meta. One doesn't read manga for years and not realize what archtypes are at work...

The Company is pretty much contracting demons to kids - KIDS. This violates every safe business practice in the book! What if Luci was like Alma from F.E.A.R.!? They'd all be dead and worse!!

((I'm hamming it up - if anyone thinks I'm serious, u suck ))
Old 2013-09-11, 13:13   Link #4845
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
I understand the meta-reason (shounen) and all that - I dun care about the meta. One doesn't read manga for years and not realize what archtypes are at work...

The Company is pretty much contracting demons to kids - KIDS. This violates every safe business practice in the book! What if Luci was like Alma from F.E.A.R.!? They'd all be dead and worse!!

((I'm hamming it up - if anyone thinks I'm serious, u suck ))
Well lets think of it this way, with young adults and teenagers, they are bound to be more controllable than adults. With adults, they are easily the type to rebel or aim to make side projects that profits for themselves. So in a way, teenagers and young adults don't think like that and thus all profits are gain to only their company.
Old 2013-09-11, 15:37   Link #4846
Shadow5YA

Beel only went with Oga because he happened to fit the bill. The original premise was that he was the baddest dude at the time which made him fit to raise a future demon king.

Lucifier technically wasn't sent to Takamiya directly but his father instead.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-11, 16:14   Link #4847
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Well, Beel is breaking the norms of people who are familiar with demons and contractors. Even as a baby, he's able to funnel his power directly into people who are NOT his contractor without any ill effects. I imagine that if Lucifer were to attempt the same thing, she'd kill the others without even meaning to. Because Oga was so bad at regulating Beels power early on, Beel was forced to learn how to regulate his end so that Oga didn't die. That and Beel has hung out with the Saint's Crew for so long, he trusts them (Kanzaki, Kunieda, Himekawa, Tojou) almost as much as Oga himself. Which works out great here. For Kanazki to be this good so soon, its still very surprising...
Old 2013-09-11, 17:41   Link #4848
shalala

Awww that was sweet of Lucifer. Wasn't expecting the other 2 kings to come join the fight with contracts to boot as well. I would laugh if Oga's look alike had En. Would be pretty funny given the relationship wih En and Beel. Plus now that Taka has been beaten I do hope he becames good guy this way Oga would have someone of equal strength to spar with along with the other 2 kings.
shalala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-11, 17:48   Link #4849
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by shalala View Post
Awww that was sweet of Lucifer. Wasn't expecting the other 2 kings to come join the fight with contracts to boot as well. I would laugh if Oga's look alike had En. Would be pretty funny given the relationship wih En and Beel. Plus now that Taka has been beaten I do hope he becames good guy this way Oga would have someone of equal strength to spar with along with the other 2 kings.
........................Lorn En is fire and Akahoshi just use Fire Demon power................
Old 2013-09-11, 17:49   Link #4850
Ruki0089
Yandere Otoko Ruki-tan

so we had 5 king including these two, Big guy and 2nd Oga... Mr. solomon company say only 6 person able to control Demon.... so who is the last? Furuichi!!!

reaper
Yeah, he... i forgot his name.... but he really using fire demon power... so maybe he really make a contract with Lord En
Old 2013-09-11, 18:19   Link #4851
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruki0089 View Post
so we had 5 king including these two, Big guy and 2nd Oga... Mr. solomon company say only 6 person able to conrol Demon.... so who is the last? Furuichi!!!

reaper
Yeah, he... i forgot his name.... but he really using fire demon power... so maybe he really make a contract with Lord En
Actually, it was split up into two groups. They were originally put together the Six Killer Elements. It then split into two faction.

Something similar to the movie Predators (2010) with the splitting of Jungle Predators and Super Predators. With the Super Predators being stronger than the Jungle Predators.

The Super Predators in Ishiyama is the Three Beasts consisting of Yohei Nasu or "Nasubi" who is leader of the Poltergeists, Takamiya referred to as "Emperor" and the Head of the Fallen Angels, and Fuji referred to as the "Strongest Rookie" are part of this group with Fuji seems to be the strongest or most likely having the strongest court as Takamiya seems like he can take him one on one as well as both trained together so they know each other weaknesses and strengths.

The Jungle Predators in Ishiyama is the Three Kings consisting of Ringo Hojo referred to as "Tobacco" and leader of the Reborn Red Tails, Ebian Ichikawa the "Blind Swordsman" and Kankuro Akahoshi who has the best alias "Fan That Dyes Everything Blood Red".

So while Akahoshi applies he will beat Oga one on one, I doubt he can considered by his reputation and what we seen so far as his power seems lower than the Three Beasts. While Nasubi is a joker, he does his research and can even note what a fighter strength and abilities are by just fighting as evident by his encounter with Oga and denounce Akahoshi as number "6". As well Ebian, strong guy but compared with the 3 Beasts, he is inferior though he is impleid to be the strongest of the Three Kings as Nasubi named him number "4" suggesting that Ringo is number "5" with Aoi able to overpower Ringo.

..............Also, am I the only one that knows the name of the characters?
Old 2013-09-11, 18:21   Link #4852
shalala

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperxKingx View Post
........................Lorn En is fire and Akahoshi just use Fire Demon power................
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruki0089 View Post
so we had 5 king including these two, Big guy and 2nd Oga... Mr. solomon company say only 6 person able to control Demon.... so who is the last? Furuichi!!!

reaper
There could be other fire demons but he was the first one that came to mind sooo I thought it would be funny if he had him.

I'm hoping it isn't Tabacco leader.
shalala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-11, 18:54   Link #4853
Qpax
黒猫のタンゴ

Guys pompadour is something alive. I should be careful when I touch my friend's pompadour from now on.
Old 2013-09-11, 19:16   Link #4854
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qpax View Post
Guys pompadour is something alive. I should be careful when I touch my friend's pompadour from now on.
Yeah..................I am fine with my military buzz cut. I like the feeling of cool air hitting my head. Though not bald, I am not George Costanza.

Anyhow, maybe that is the thing with pompadour that Himekawa like, the hair is not a accessory or style choice, it is living and it is a partner. So I think that is why, though the anime makes it very funny.
Old 2013-09-11, 21:37   Link #4855
Bakaizer
Demon Hunter

that was epic
Old 2013-09-12, 01:51   Link #4856
bigdeal000
malefic

Quote:

How the heck do you remember all those names??
bigdeal000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-12, 04:59   Link #4857
Yami no Ou
まおう

Quote:
Actually, it was split up into two groups. They were originally put together the Six Killer Elements. It then split into two faction.

Something similar to the movie Predators (2010) with the splitting of Jungle Predators and Super Predators. With the Super Predators being stronger than the Jungle Predators.

The Super Predators in Ishiyama is the Three Beasts consisting of Yohei Nasu or "Nasubi" who is leader of the Poltergeists, Takamiya referred to as "Emperor" and the Head of the Fallen Angels, and Fuji referred to as the "Strongest Rookie" are part of this group with Fuji seems to be the strongest or most likely having the strongest court as Takamiya seems like he can take him one on one as well as both trained together so they know each other weaknesses and strengths.

The Jungle Predators in Ishiyama is the Three Kings consisting of Ringo Hojo referred to as "Tobacco" and leader of the Reborn Red Tails, Ebian Ichikawa the "Blind Swordsman" and Kankuro Akahoshi who has the best alias "Fan That Dyes Everything Blood Red".

So while Akahoshi applies he will beat Oga one on one, I doubt he can considered by his reputation and what we seen so far as his power seems lower than the Three Beasts. While Nasubi is a joker, he does his research and can even note what a fighter strength and abilities are by just fighting as evident by his encounter with Oga and denounce Akahoshi as number "6". As well Ebian, strong guy but compared with the 3 Beasts, he is inferior though he is impleid to be the strongest of the Three Kings as Nasubi named him number "4" suggesting that Ringo is number "5" with Aoi able to overpower Ringo.

apparently yes,I only remember half of the upstarts name LOL
Old 2013-09-12, 06:06   Link #4858
silverflash

I think Ringo will enter oga's court
silverflash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-12, 09:06   Link #4859
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverflash View Post
I think Ringo will enter oga's court
Wouldn't be weird, but for her case. Do you guys think that when she kidnapped Oga, did she knew that Oga was Misaki's brother?
Old 2013-09-12, 12:16   Link #4860
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Quote:
Wouldn't be weird, but for her case. Do you guys think that when she kidnapped Oga, did she knew that Oga was Misaki's brother?
Considering how surprised everyone else was... Probably not. You'd think that she would know since she had to be around when Misaki was in charge. And we know that Oga sometimes went along with the Red Tails when the girls invited him, so there's no way that none of the 1st gen Red Tails didn't know him.

Tags
gag, shounen, slice of life, violence