AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Fan Creations

Notices

Old 2008-07-23, 22:58   Link #1
tackyanimations

Send a message via MSN to tackyanimations
Question So I'm making my own anime.. (opinions on this? =( )

Okay, I first need to say that I'm not an expert animator by any means...in fact I kind of cringe when calling myself an 'animator' because I'm still /very/ much a newbie, so to speak..

My anime is called 'Moth and the Man'. A romantic comedy about two very diffrent species (Human and Moth Fairy) falling in love, and face many challenges together. ( it has a much deeper story then that, but this is basically the shallow description of it.). Now, I don't have any episodes created yet. However, I do have all of my voice actors and actresses for it. The script was finished last week, submitted to every one, and I now have all of their voice clips collected and ready to have some animation created to match. I was hoping some of you kind people could review some of my animation work I have uploaded so far to the official Moth and the Man You Tube channel, and give me your honest opinions on what you think. Also, I'd love to hear your opinions on people making their own anime. Many people are gaining interest in this rather strange hobby, and is slowly gaining popularity. Is it a bad idea? good idea? tell me your honest opinions ^.^~

Channel Link
http://ca.youtube.com/user/TackyAnimationsX3
tackyanimations is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-24, 01:05   Link #2
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

Interesting. Very interesting. I am sorry about your YouTube account, though. Perhaps you should make sure to keep your account information out of your brother's hands next time.

In any case, though the animation was fairly rough, I was impressed by the length of your features. I know how long it takes to write as much as a minute of music, much less animating 1 1/2 minutes of film. Keep it up.

As far as drawing goes, I am an amateur myself, but I'll give you some advice (at the risk of sounding like a know-it-all). For the bodies, try and stay near the classic anime 1-7 radio of height, and watch the length of the limbs. The arms spread out are typically about as tall as the person is (2 arms + shoulder width), and legs typically take up around 1/2 of the overall height when the person is standing straight up. Right now, the arms and legs are just off enough to look a bit... odd. Legs don't need much tweaking, but the arms are way too short (I refer to teh animation in your sig as an easy example).

The faces overall were pretty well drawn (if a bit angular and sharp-looking; the child in your OP had kind of a weird look... not quite round enough for her age). I think you did a superb job on the hair and hair animation though. Hair I can't draw to look natural to save my life. XD

Anyways, I hope I wasn't too harsh. I just saw some stuff that could use improvement.

By the way, have you ever considered using Flash animation to make videos instead? I don't know anything about it myself, but I do know it is a very common animation tool.
Old 2008-07-24, 01:14   Link #3
autumnus dream
LV.1 ninja

Send a message via AIM to autumnus dream
hello umm... i thought it was okay but it could be improved no offense. im junk at drawing anime so i have no right to say this... but i think that was okay or better than mine...heh~
autumnus dream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-13, 16:30   Link #4
sopple
sopple here and there

the videos were interesting but the graphics could be better and i would also like to see a actuall story line.
sopple is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
anime