AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-11-24, 16:07   Link #1701
maewie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist007 View Post
I don't think I can believe anything a single mangaka says anymore honestly. Even Kishi's said this and that and done nothing to his word. The only evidence can be on the manga itself, IMO. As much as I like Grimm, him and anyone else forgotten (Nel) I have to presume non-extant in the series, even if they're 'alive.' But on that note, he's wise to not confirm that status of some characters, if only to troll fans further.
That would be just mean!

Nah, I'll continue to believe Ulquiorra will return and sweep Orihime off her feet It's canon already anyway
Old 2011-11-25, 04:36   Link #1702
Alchemist007
*Author

Quote:
That would be just mean!

Quote:
It's canon already anyway
That's why I like you, you have good jokes!
Old 2011-11-25, 19:58   Link #1703
maewie

Quote:

That's why I like you, you have good jokes!
Hahahaha. I laughedxD You and your funny ironic nature!

But back to seriousness:
Why do some people dislike Ulquihime? I genuinely wonder..
Old 2011-11-25, 21:30   Link #1704
Alchemist007
*Author

Well the core factor to any pairing is liking it, so they don't like it; they don't think the characters go together. One could explain why apples and peanut butter go together, describe how the different flavors might complement each other, but that wouldn't change it from being nasty to someone else. Even the same qualities that are seen as pros can be seen as cons by someone else.
Old 2011-11-25, 23:49   Link #1705
maewie

Quote:
Well the core factor to any pairing is liking it, so they don't like it; they don't think the characters go together. One could explain why apples and peanut butter go together, describe how the different flavors might complement each other, but that wouldn't change it from being nasty to someone else. Even the same qualities that are seen as pros can be seen as cons by someone else.
I think they go together just fine. She's light, he's darkness. It's yin yang^^ And the characters themselves seem to think so too, after all he reached out for her and she reached back twice.

It's more we got from Ichihime atleast (who, by the way, look like siblings...)
Old 2011-11-25, 23:52   Link #1706
Alchemist007
*Author

She reached back out of pity. It's fine that you think they go together, but what she thinks is all for Ichigo. In fact, Ichigo has thought more about Ulq after his demise more than she has (not romantically, but AT ALL).
Old 2011-11-26, 00:14   Link #1707
maewie

Quote:
She reached back out of pity. It's fine that you think they go together, but what she thinks is all for Ichigo. In fact, Ichigo has thought more about Ulq after his demise more than she has (not romantically, but AT ALL).
Reached back out of pity? Why on earth would she desperately want to grab hold onto the hand of a man she pities?

And why did Ulquiorra reach out to her then? Why did he "lust for everything about her?"

Ichigo has thought more on him than her? Well, I guess you didn't get the part about Ichigo mentioning Orihime mourning Ulquiorra, when he returned to the other nakama in HM.
That's more than the thoughts Ichigo has bothered on Orihime. The same guy who ignores Orihime completely, while going orgasmic everytime Rukia is there.
Old 2011-11-26, 00:19   Link #1708
Alchemist007
*Author

It's in Orihime's nature to be kind, so when Ulq starts getting dusted, she pities him wanting to 'have a heart.' I think "The Lust" was more about what Ichigo had become when he fought Ulq. All Ulq did in the fight besides try to murder the guy she loves, is come to some epiphany about what it means to be human.
Old 2011-11-26, 00:28   Link #1709
maewie

Quote:
It's in Orihime's nature to be kind, so when Ulq starts getting dusted, she pities him wanting to 'have a heart.' I think "The Lust" was more about what Ichigo had become when he fought Ulq. All Ulq did in the fight besides try to murder the guy she loves, is come to some epiphany about what it means to be human (and what a heart is).
Wrong. The lust poem is directly hinted at a female "you"; in a very intimate form. This has been proven from the original text and people known in the japanese language. If you didnt know the context, you would believe it to be a love poem.

And why did he recieve a heart, when all she did was pity him? That doesnt even make sense. Did you know what she told him during her speech up in the 5th tower? That a heart is created when two people care about eachother. Care.

And what about Ichigo never once mentioning during the Ulquiorra-fight WHY he was fighting Ulquiorra? He never does. The fight seems more to be on terms of Ichigo's battlelust, Orihime's lust for a princess save, and Ulquiorra's lust for Orihime.
Old 2011-11-26, 00:44   Link #1710
Alchemist007
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by maewie View Post
Wrong. The lust poem is directly hinted at a female "you"; in a very intimate form. This has been proven from the original text and people known in the japanese language. If you didnt know the context, you would believe it to be a love poem.

And why did he recieve a heart, when all she did was pity him? That doesnt even make sense. Did you know what she told him during her speech up in the 5th tower? That a heart is created when two people care about eachother. Care.

And what about Ichigo never once mentioning during the Ulquiorra-fight WHY he was fighting Ulquiorra? He never does. The fight seems more to be on terms of Ichigo's battlelust, Orihime's lust for a princess save, and Ulquiorra's lust for Orihime.
Well if it's the poem you were referring to, you should've said so. I think that's his envy for Orihime's ability to care. He refers to her as 'omae' not 'anata' or even 'kimi', I can see how it can be 'deep' but I don't see it as romantic at all (not even by itself out of context). And pity requires caring to some degree. Ichigo 'cared' that 'he' wasn't the one to beat Ulq, it didn't mean he was in love with him.
Old 2011-11-26, 00:56   Link #1711
maewie

Quote:
Well if it's the poem you were referring to, you should've said so. I think that's his envy for Orihime's ability to care. He refers to her as 'omae' not 'anata' or even 'kimi', I can see how it can be 'deep' but I don't see it as romantic at all (not even by itself out of context). And pity requires caring to some degree. Ichigo 'cared' that he wasn't the one to beat Ulq, it didn't mean he was in love with him.
'Omae' would be word the word husbands use to their wives in japan.
The whole poem:
心在るが故に妬み I envy because of the heart
心在るが故に喰らい I glutton because of the heart
心在るが故に奪い I covet because of the heart
心在るが故に傲り I am prideful because of the heart
心在るが故に惰り(あなどり) I sloth because of the heart
心在るが故に怒り I rage because of the heart
心在るが故に Because of the heart
お前のすべてを欲する I lust for everything about you

How can you see this as Ulquiorra's envy for Orihime's ability to care? It's Ulquiorra who is the "I" here, it is he who has the heart.

Oh, that means she cared for him enough for kubo to make a whole 8 pages on Ulquiorra'envy for her and Orihime's pity for him. And strangely, Orihime didnt pity Grimmjow or Nnoitra, only Ulquiorra. Seems Ulqui does have a special spot in her heart^^

And, now I sadly must leave Will check it up tomorrow though.
Old 2011-11-26, 01:14   Link #1712
Alchemist007
*Author

I have a response to your post sent to you in PM, because this isn't a shipping thread so I'll stop arguing here (as should you before Monir kills us).
Old 2011-11-27, 09:41   Link #1713
Langus
Optimus Prime

I wouldn't say it's a shipping debate really. Discussing the validity of source material (Kubo's poems) and how they related to the relationships of the characters within the manga is actually an interesting debate. Most interesting thing I've read in this thread for a good long while anyway.
Old 2011-11-30, 09:13   Link #1714
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Every time I hear orihime I shudder so its gotta be ichiruki for me.
Old 2011-12-01, 01:26   Link #1715
Prinnydood
Madness Through Sound

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
Every time I hear orihime I shudder so its gotta be ichiruki for me.

I went through the manga awhile ago and while reading it.. it seemed like it was pretty much one sided, but now I'm on like episode 30 or so in the anime and it seems even more one sided and they just don't connect like that all lol.

ichiruki for sure. Even though it's their relationship is moving soooooooooo slowww. Feels like it's not even going anywhere. Wish Kubo would just throw something out there to make it more clear you know? haha
Old 2011-12-01, 08:02   Link #1716
Alchemist007
*Author

Quote:
I went through the manga awhile ago and while reading it.. it seemed like it was pretty much one sided, but now I'm on like episode 30 or so in the anime and it seems even more one sided and they just don't connect like that all lol.
Up until here, I thought you were talking about Ichiruki XD
Old 2011-12-01, 11:37   Link #1717
Prinnydood
Madness Through Sound

Quote:
Up until here, I thought you were talking about Ichiruki XD

Hahah xD yeah it was late and I just wanted to post something so didn't think much about it after I posted . Looks kind of odd though now that you mentioned it lolo
Old 2011-12-01, 12:38   Link #1718
maewie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Langus View Post
I wouldn't say it's a shipping debate really. Discussing the validity of source material (Kubo's poems) and how they related to the relationships of the characters within the manga is actually an interesting debate. Most interesting thing I've read in this thread for a good long while anyway.
Haha That's good atleast!

I do support Ichiruki too, but I can't say I actually ship them. ^^ Though, I suspect Bleach possibly will end with them.

Other pairings: GinxRan <3!!! (Kubo loves canon couples, when one or both are dead meanie..)
Old 2012-01-06, 01:11   Link #1719
chiztaku
Cheese-kun addict

IchiRuki all the way !!!

siggy by me, and I take requests

Old 2012-01-10, 11:54   Link #1720
Eragon
Still Alive

The only couple that I see in and like Bleach is Rangiku X Gin. The pairings Ichihime or UlquiorraXOrohime really pisses me off. Don't go spoiling two of the best characters in the anime dammit.

Last edited by Eragon; 2012-03-18 at 01:53.
Closed Thread