AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Majutsu no Index

Notices

Old 2012-06-30, 02:47   Link #541
Destined_Fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Because it would be the epilogue.
Yet why would they even bother with that? A reveal of an older Touma, Misaka, Index, Kuroko, and the such(Kids if any have any) would be better served for a true ending to the series and not years ahead in a semi-canon game. Besides, this isn't a dating sim it's an adventure game with 4 stories.

Last edited by Destined_Fate; 2012-07-04 at 22:28.
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-30, 03:43   Link #542
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
Yet why would they even bother with that? A reveal of an older Touaa, Misaka, Index, Kuroko, and the such(Kids if any have any) would be better served for a true ending to the series and not years ahead in a semi-canon game.
I don't see the OreImo hardcore fans complaining about their 'semi-canon game' pregnancy- and they're an even whinier bunch then us so I'm pretty cure we'll be okay.

Anyway it's just a joke, of course there wouldn't be any pregnancy ending.... For now.

Last edited by Chaos2Frozen; 2012-06-30 at 03:55.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-30, 04:12   Link #543
Destined_Fate

However, the game doesn't even offer details of a pregnancy ending or tyrying to portray itself as a dating sim. Besides, it's an Adventure game with 4 stories, with different leads for each, that are set in stone. I don't see how they will make a pregnancy ending when all that is considered.

A joke? Than my apologizes, I thought it was a serious addition which confused me.
Old 2012-06-30, 17:31   Link #544
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.

the thing with these games is that they can please all the fanbase in general, without enraging one base of sipppers over the other, these games can be taken as "what if...", specially with this since its hard to fit a big event involving the protagonists in the canon.
Old 2012-06-30, 21:56   Link #545
Destined_Fate

There are still things that the games can't do or they will be under fire. Such as Touma picking any of the girls over the other, that wont happen no matter how much shippers want their pairing to be validated in at least one area even if its non-canon. At most they'll just do what they always do and put in hints/misunderstandings when Touma is involved.

Since Mikoto is canonically in love with Touma they can get away with her chasing him around and being the Tsundere that she is for him. Touma not so much since even if he has shown more attention/favor to one girl over another they still wont risk sinking the other ships in favor of one when the series, LN/Manga/Anime/Movie, is still ongoing and the shipping is still very profitable. Remember that shippers are pretty crazy about this stuff, they would quickly site this as evidence that their ship is the best, even if it's non-canon, and the others are doomed for failure. It would also cause bitterness if the games support a shipping that never goes canon at the end.

To keep the calm they would be wise to not outright say anything involving the shipping other than what's canon already from the other sources.
Old 2012-06-30, 22:05   Link #546
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

That's what I was talking about. I wonder why people still want Touma to be romantically involved with another character. It's not like it's a requirement, and Kamachi is not yet interested in that kind of character development for Touma.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-30, 22:15   Link #547
Destined_Fate

It's not about interest, it just makes no sense that they would burn the other ships at this time. Touma x Any of the Girls is still very profitable for them, shipping him off(and closing the other ships off) wouldn't make much business sense even if the plan is for Touma to get with say Mikoto Misaka(Her ship is the most popular at the moment but that could change or not years from now) in the end.

The longer they drag out all the ships the higher profits and Index has shown that it has the popularity to hold over the ships for years from now with just teases/misinterpretations/accidental perversion/ect without outright saying "This is the Ship that shall sail!". Ending all the ships and picking one would be better served not in a non-canon game but at the end of the series after they've milked all the ships until they are dry.

Sorta like how Naruto and Bleach refuse to end the other ships and are dragging them out as far as they can while throwing a bone every once and awhile to appease the shippers and give them "Hope" that their ship will be the one that sails in the end.

If Index wasn't so popular, that guarantee's years of profitability from now - especially from capitalizing on the Shippers eating up anything that involves their ship, than the end game ship would have been called out already.
Old 2012-06-30, 22:23   Link #548
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Let's put it in an in-universe point of view; Touma is not interested in romance because there's a chaotic world that needs his help, and falling in love not only gives him a vulnerability that can be used by either the Science Side or the Magic Side but also shifts his focus to two valuable points.

Given GREMLIN's current strategies, having him fall for a girl is the worst case scenario for him and the entire world.
A MikoTouma scenario at this stage would end with Mikoto killed by GREMLIN and Touma losing his Imagine Breaker.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.

Last edited by Marcus H.; 2012-07-01 at 00:10. Reason: typo.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-30, 22:33   Link #549
Destined_Fate

Well there's that as well. Touma has almost bit the bullet more than once, getting hitched now would be bad since if he did die it would hurt the girl he got with the most. At least if he dies without being with anyone they wont know he would have picked them and they can eventually move on. Or considering that many enemies he has faced wouldn't mind using any edge they can to torment Touma. That and the profits!

Well yeah, it seems that if a character gets hitched too early in a series someone in the pair dies or crazy bad stuff happens. Would be horrifying if they took a Berserk turn and made Mikoto the Casca of the series and Touma the Guts of the series.
Old 2012-07-02, 04:31   Link #550
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.

Quote:
It's not about interest, it just makes no sense that they would burn the other ships at this time. Touma x Any of the Girls is still very profitable for them, shipping him off(and closing the other ships off) wouldn't make much business sense even if the plan is for Touma to get with say Mikoto Misaka(Her ship is the most popular at the moment but that could change or not years from now) in the end.

The longer they drag out all the ships the higher profits and Index has shown that it has the popularity to hold over the ships for years from now with just teases/misinterpretations/accidental perversion/ect without outright saying "This is the Ship that shall sail!". Ending all the ships and picking one would be better served not in a non-canon game but at the end of the series after they've milked all the ships until they are dry.

Sorta like how Naruto and Bleach refuse to end the other ships and are dragging them out as far as they can while throwing a bone every once and awhile to appease the shippers and give them "Hope" that their ship will be the one that sails in the end.

If Index wasn't so popular, that guarantee's years of profitability from now - especially from capitalizing on the Shippers eating up anything that involves their ship, than the end game ship would have been called out already.
the same could be said of the other game adaptations, and even more giving that those other game adaptations were of love comedies or harems, thats why they made multiple routes, to appease everyone.

Quote:
Well there's that as well. Touma has almost bit the bullet more than once, getting hitched now would be bad since if he did die it would hurt the girl he got with the most. At least if he dies without being with anyone they wont know he would have picked them and they can eventually move on. Or considering that many enemies he has faced wouldn't mind using any edge they can to torment Touma. That and the profits!

Well yeah, it seems that if a character gets hitched too early in a series someone in the pair dies or crazy bad stuff happens. Would be horrifying if they took a Berserk turn and made Mikoto the Casca of the series and Touma the Guts of the series.
i actually expect something of the like of berserk god hand to happen, theres a need to purgue the now ridicously huge cast, this is taking the dragon ball route where 80% of the villians turn good, and many get into the background, giving more plotholes than anything, hell they even tried to take off the lead seat of the protagonist to revive him when things turned hairy(or just because the character pretty much drived the series), also if it was the berserk route it would be index the one alive, for mikoto i can only see the tifa(FF7) or emily(gundam age) route; the one he bangs while calling the dead girl's name.
Old 2012-07-02, 05:27   Link #551
Destined_Fate

It doesn't say multiple routes, it says 4 stories that will intercross with each other. Mikoto(With Kuroko) and Touma(With Index) stories will obviously run into each other just like they always do.

Why would Touma be calling out Index's name if he gets with Mikoto? Touma isn't involved romantically with either and who he loves is still vague even if he shows more attention to Mikoto and Index compared to the rest of his harem. Cloud also got over Aerith anyway, it took him a Movie after the game but he got over it. Besides, Touma isn't going to guilt trip Mikoto just because Index died just like he wont guilt trip Index if Mikoto died regardless if he gets with either after the fact.

So that analogy isn't very good. Since he would have to show the same level of love to Index like Cloud showed Aerith even after being in love with Tifa which he hasn't - He's still not clear about who he loves yet and wont be for years from now. Since Touma hasn't it means pushing him to cry about Index while banging Mikoto isn't something that could occur unless it was heavily forced and even than it would be out of character that would only serve to anger fans. Cloud at least had reasons why his mental state was so fragile, Touma has reasons but none of them has affected his mental state which is a plus for him since most would have gone insane or apathetic towards the world after all he went through.

As for my Casca analogy. Mikoto and Touma are more poular as a couple so I used them as an example since more people would be horrified if they were picked for a Berserk twist. Index ending up like Casca just wouldn't have the same effect on the fanbase as Mikoto suffering such a cruel fate.

Last edited by Destined_Fate; 2012-07-02 at 05:42.
Old 2012-07-02, 06:00   Link #552
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.

i dont remember in ff7 anywhere that there were any statements of cloud liking aeris, its just the actions and events that show that, just like how there are in this about touma, even the author has said that touma would go rough for index, like how the only time he went for the kill is when that terrorist was chocking index, bits like this show his feelings in comparison the rest of the girls, and if i were to choose i prefer mikoto over the rest of the cast, but for me things point to index.

anyway that casca analogy, really dont makes sense with what you say, casca has never been one of the most popular characters of berserk.
Old 2012-07-02, 08:37   Link #553
Destined_Fate

Cloud not liking Aeris? I wont go into detail because this isn't the place for it but yes, Cloud did fall in love with Aeris and what happened to her severely traumatized him when he was already mentally unstable as is.

Touma has already went rough for Index and Mikoto, almost at the cost of his own life more than once. If any of the other girls in his harem were being chocked to death he would snap to. Just like how he snapped on Oriana when it wasn't Mikoto, who he was trying to protect and thought was in danger, but another that suffered. Touma snapping isn't just exclusive to Mikoto or Index getting hurt, or just a girl getting hurt since he has shown that he values all his friends and harem girls very equally and doesn't take stuff like that.

Casca was the main heroine and the most popular female character up to that event(Though to be fair she was pretty much the only important female character up to that event so, eh) and the main characters love interest. That's why it fits Mikoto better than Index because Mikoto is the more popular pairing choice and is a Main Character(Though she isn't Touma's sole love interest), hence why I went with that.

With that lets end this discuession here or take it to a more appriopate Topic since we've veered off course pretty badly.
Old 2012-07-02, 20:08   Link #554
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.

ok getting back on track then, most of these game adaptations dont follow the cannon, and if its an adventure how its said it is, these kind of games usually have different routes so thats what im refering twith that they can go and pair touma with somone different in each route, though namco bandai have started to put real gameplay in their adaptations with SAO,AW and horizon, if that was the case then i would agree that there not necesarily would be alternate routes.

PS:casca was not the most popular female, she was the only one who appeared in more than 10 pages in the first part, and even so most of the band of the hawk were more popular.
Old 2012-07-02, 23:16   Link #555
Destined_Fate

However we already know what's going on. They already planned a 4 stories that will interconnect with each other at different points. There's no room to pairing up Touma considering that's now how they're making the game. They didn't pair Touma in the other games that followed the formula they're using for this one, why would they suddenly change now? Besides, they would announce that since it would be a huge change. Than there's the thing that much of his harem wont even appearing in the game so...

- Casca was the only woman in the Band of the Hawk and was a main character and love interest.
Old 2012-07-03, 21:20   Link #556
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.

still this from what we have seen is in visual novel format, and there are plenty of those where you can choose different characters, and still have different endings, take the wii game 428 for example, even the SAO game wich is an rpg is having multiple endings, and sure, we dont know what they are about, but my money is that is one for each love interest present in the game.

- exactly my point, index even giving the series its name, isnt the most popular, but its still the heroine.
Old 2012-07-03, 23:18   Link #557
Destined_Fate

Yet the other games haven't taken that step and this is following the same format as the other games. If you're expecting something major from these games than you'll only set yourself up for disappointment.

- So is Mikoto, except she's the most popular female heroine in the series.
Old 2012-07-04, 21:07   Link #558
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.

well certainly the past games werent like that, but i think this mostly because this time its namco bandai the ones publishing the game, and that seems the direction they are taking with their light novel adaptations.
Old 2012-07-04, 22:30   Link #559
Destined_Fate

Even if they're publishing the game I doubt they would let such a huge thing go through since current shipping speculation is far too profitable to be spoiled in a non-canon game. At mot we'll just get what we usually get. Shipping scenes for Touma, Mikoto, and Index with Index and Mikoto getting the wrong idea while Touma is still oblivious when it comes to women.

Last edited by Destined_Fate; 2012-07-05 at 00:38.
Old 2012-07-05, 00:12   Link #560
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.

but they already did that in the oreimo and haganai games, and those two its way more important since the romantic development its the core of the story.