AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Old 2006-04-16, 18:13   Link #21
melange
Reset, reset, reset...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onizuka-GTO
I have no idea, maybe its the "Haruhi effect"?

Either way its very strange, and absolutely unwarranted, I mean i might be a barbarian gaijin, but I insulting any members on our forum for no reason means WA-! sorry, i meant it's very sad.
I'd be very scared if you go off declaring WA- on 2ch. Japanese 2ch hackers have been known to utterly overload and shutdown websites that don't suit their fancy

2chは最高だよ!私たちを攻めないで...

"Every man has two countries, his own and France" - Attributed to Thomas Jefferson
melange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-16, 18:14   Link #22
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

(I was about to commit the heinous crime of making sense of what I see in fiction. Thank goodness I snapped out of it ><)

Spoiler:

The Japanese hackers are something. Actually the whole of Asia-Pacific has seen great many skirmishes between hackers all over, whether they be from China PR, S. Korea, Taiwan or even HK. Things as simple as defaming a webpage portal to all out DoS happens whenever tensions run high over the China sea.
panzerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-16, 18:33   Link #23
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Onizuka-GTO
Quote:
Originally Posted by melange
I'd be very scared if you go off declaring WA- on 2ch. Japanese 2ch hackers have been known to utterly overload and shutdown websites that don't suit their fancy

2chは最高だよ!私たちを攻めないで...

And they have the nerve to call us "barbarians"
Old 2006-04-17, 03:05   Link #24
melange
Reset, reset, reset...

Well I finally managed to get some more progress on my reading.. and hopefully when the actual physical novels (what am I reading now? *whistles innocently*) arrive tomorrow it'll move along faster. Staring at the screen continually is taking its toll.. X_X In any case... finally Tsuruya-san got introduced and I'm quite digging her character. Not as uber-genki as Haruhi but that machine-gun fire speech pattern!

"Every man has two countries, his own and France" - Attributed to Thomas Jefferson
Old 2006-04-19, 08:53   Link #25
NeoSam

The new Suzumiya Haruhi manga is serialized in the shounen manga magazine Shounen Ace.

First volume of the manga will be released on 26/4/2006. (Price: 567 yen)

Second volume of the manga will be released on 26/6/2006.

Source: Kadokawa

And yes the second volume of the manga is coming out soon too
I'll post the covers of the manga volumes when they are available.
Old 2006-04-19, 12:09   Link #26
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

new? what does that mean? its a second series or something? or a repeat?

Is it the same manga that was illustrated by Gaku Tsugano?

wait,m so counting the failed manga released in spetember 2004, and the other one in november 2005, this one will nmade it the third version of suzumiya haruhi?

yes? no?

Old 2006-04-19, 12:33   Link #27
Adigard

Quote:
new? what does that mean? its a second series or something? or a repeat?

Is it the same manga that was illustrated by Gaku Tsugano?

wait,m so counting the failed manga released in spetember 2004, and the other one in november 2005, this one will nmade it the third version of suzumiya haruhi?
I've seen the first volume of the original manga... It's not that good. My understanding from this forum is that the original manga was far enough off kilter that it's been dismissed into non-existance. There's a term for it that's totally escaping me atm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kj1980
The manga was scrapped into "kuro-rekishi" ("dark history" = anachronism; a material that is viewed as it never happened and not to be discussed again. Other notable examples include "Macross II" and "Highlander 2").

Simply put: It's so awful, it is considered to be non-existent.
The new manga (in theory) is starting from the beginning of vol1 and telling the story from scratch. (I haven't seen the new manga, but that's what I've managed to skim from these boards). My understanding is that the new manga is doing a much better job at staying faithful to both the flow of the storyline, as well as maintaining the character designs. Something that other manga didn't do very well at all.
Adigard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-19, 13:36   Link #28
Sushi-Y
湯音カワユス~
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adigard
My understanding is that the new manga is doing a much better job at staying faithful to both the flow of the storyline, as well as maintaining the character designs. Something that other manga didn't do very well at all.
Unfortunately, even this remake is looking kinda bland now, compared to the anime.
Sushi-Y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-19, 17:55   Link #29
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

Does anyone want me to do a light novel synopsis similar to the one I have in the "Full Metal Panic!" section?
kj1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-19, 19:33   Link #30
NeoSam

Quote:

yes? no?

There is no third version of Suzumiya Haruhi manga.
When I say new manga, I mean the second Suzumiya Haruhi manga thats currently running in Shounen Ace magazine (And the first manga is the one that failed, but it doesn't exist so in reality it didn't fail LOL)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kj1980
Does anyone want me to do a light novel synopsis similar to the one I have in the "Full Metal Panic!" section?
That would be great but I'm not sure how many are interested in reading them, since it might spoil the anime >.<
Old 2006-04-19, 20:47   Link #31
melange
Reset, reset, reset...

Sorry but I just have to say something...
Spoiler for Novel 3 Bamboo Leaf Rhapsody:

Old 2006-04-19, 21:52   Link #32
Sushi-Y
湯音カワユス~
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by melange
Sorry but I just have to say something...
Spoiler for Novel 3 Bamboo Leaf Rhapsody:
Personally, I'm into the "Haruhi" in volume 4 myself, she totally had a Shana-aura around her... well, for about _ seconds anyway. You'll see what I mean when you get there. ^^; "Yuki" was also totally too.
Sushi-Y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-19, 22:03   Link #33
melange
Reset, reset, reset...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sushi-Y
Personally, I'm into the "Haruhi" in volume 4 myself, she totally had a Shana-aura around her... well, for about _ seconds anyway. You'll see what I mean when you get there. ^^; "Yuki" was also totally too.
Lets see.. about 170 pages left before I get to vol. 4 Speaking of which I'm kinda relieved that vol.4 looks thinner than all the other vols!

Spoiler for Other things about Bamboo Leaf Rhapsody:

Old 2006-04-22, 10:51   Link #34
NeoSam

Volume 8 of the seinen novel Suzumiya Haruhi will be released on 1/5/2006 (May 1st, 2006).

Here its cover:

Seinen novel

The first volume of the new Suzumiya Haruhi manga will be released on 26/4/2006.

Here its cover:

Serialized in: Shounen Ace

Covers of the novel and manga can be seen on the first post of this thread.

Last edited by NeoSam; 2006-04-22 at 11:14.
NeoSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-22, 17:13   Link #35
Thelastguardian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoSam
The first volume of the new Suzumiya Haruhi manga will be released on 26/4/2006.
Well, the background pictures of my signature are from the (2nd)manga . You can tell that the mangaka did a good job imitating the original illustrator's style.
Old 2006-04-23, 00:58   Link #36
Julius Firefocht

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thelastguardian
Well, the background pictures of my signature are from the (2nd)manga . You can tell that the mangaka did a good job imitating the original illustrator's style.
Yes, indeed. I seriously thought that Ito Noizi drew the manga. The style used in the manga is so similar to Ito Noizi's style.
Julius Firefocht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-23, 03:19   Link #37
NeoSam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thelastguardian
Thelastguardian, you have a sixth sense or something like that >.<

I was thinking about asking you about your signature
Old 2006-04-28, 10:36   Link #38
NeoSam

The first volume of the new manga will be out soon

Also...

The june's issue of the seinen(young men's) novel magazine The Sneaker got out today (28/4/2006)

Here its cover:

Seinen(young men's) novel magazine.
Serializes light novels for young men (seinen light novels).
Publisher: Kadokawa

The seinen novel Suzumiya Haruhi is serialized in it.
Old 2006-04-28, 22:49   Link #39
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Talking about the manga, i've noticed the raw manga of haruhi showing up on Bt sites.

interesting really, i mean someone could do a haruhi scanlation.....

not that im implying we could jump in, but it won't hurt to have a peek...ne..ne?
Old 2006-04-28, 22:58   Link #40
moyism
Wannabe Smut Writer

Personally I've rather have translations of the novel than the manga, since it seems the novel is a lot more richer in content.

... but I definitely wouldn't complain if a haruhi manga scanlation showed up one day
moyism is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
shounen, sneaker bunko, seinen, light novels, manga