AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-06-14, 06:34   Link #761
Eratas123

He says "I am the Solution" when Taarlok asked him about what he was. I seriously doubt he was just bragging. It must mean something more than just his ability to de-bend people.

Side note - Yakone was most likely stronger than Taarlok, so that's a factor. Also, Aang didn't even stay in the Avatar state that long. Just enough to break out.
Old 2012-06-14, 15:04   Link #762
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

I know!!! I Amon has no blood!

Genius...wait...
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-14, 15:36   Link #763
Destined_Fate

Maybe he's part synthetic and doesn't just have blood flowing through his veins?
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-14, 16:07   Link #764
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
Maybe he's part synthetic and doesn't just have blood flowing through his veins?
In all seriousness...from that spoiler picture a page before...it seems like he has some sort of anti bending shield around him so, he could be all natural, only with that weird ass ability.
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-14, 17:21   Link #765
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

I think that's supposed to be an air bubble, like Aang makes in the Avatar state.
Old 2012-06-14, 18:24   Link #766
Destined_Fate

Still a chance he could be a Cyborg that has implants for all we know.
Old 2012-06-14, 22:23   Link #767
Eratas123

You gotta admit, he makes for a far better villain than the comically evil Ozai I mean, we're not benders, so we can sympathize with his ideals, and so far he's shown to only de-bend asshole benders (The police excluded) and he doesn't even kill them, so he comes as more moderate and likable compared to the genocidal Ozai. That and the fact that he actually has a point: We've seen benders completely abuse their powers for their own personal gain.

If he was more moderate, he'd come off as a good guy.
Old 2012-06-14, 22:31   Link #768
rakusukira

check this out!!

Spoiler for :)):

soooo awkwaaaaardddd
rakusukira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-14, 22:33   Link #769
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

This is what anime is? Because I am reluctant to start watching ^ ^ "" Avatar "is a sequel to another series" Avatar "?
Old 2012-06-14, 22:42   Link #770
ellifeedn
Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eratas123 View Post
You gotta admit, he makes for a far better villain than the comically evil Ozai I mean, we're not benders, so we can sympathize with his ideals, and so far he's shown to only de-bend asshole benders (The police excluded) and he doesn't even kill them, so he comes as more moderate and likable compared to the genocidal Ozai. That and the fact that he actually has a point: We've seen benders completely abuse their powers for their own personal gain.

If he was more moderate, he'd come off as a good guy.
The fact that he is a masked figure that runs a cult like group to discriminate against people with a special talent they are born with does not make him so immediately likable. And after all the benders are gone what's he going to do next, disappear into the ether? or perhaps rule Republic City with an iron fist?
ellifeedn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-15, 02:43   Link #771
Destined_Fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiaki_chan View Post
This is what anime is? Because I am reluctant to start watching ^ ^ "" Avatar "is a sequel to another series" Avatar "?
It's a decent series, you don't even need to watch TLAB to enjoy LoK.
Old 2012-06-15, 03:57   Link #772
Eratas123

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellifeedn View Post
The fact that he is a masked figure that runs a cult like group to discriminate against people with a special talent they are born with does not make him so immediately likable. And after all the benders are gone what's he going to do next, disappear into the ether? or perhaps rule Republic City with an iron fist?
Oh make no mistake, he's an asshole. But he's a Charismatic Asshole (The voice helps a lot). I have no doubt that he's a dictator in the making, just saying he's going at it better than Firelord "I will burn the world!" Ozai did. There's a reason he gets a lot of supporters from the non-benders in the story.

And to be fair, I said he was more likable than Ozai. The face stealer's more likable than Ozai, too. At least he's unique looking.
Old 2012-06-15, 07:23   Link #773
OPN

Korra has been really great for me. I love the original and korra really has not disappointed me once since it began. The most interesting aspect about the show is amon. Hes shrouded in complete mystery and we know nothing about him heck we don't even know if what hes saying was true or not and that's what makes him such a interesting character. I really do hope S2 is just as good as S1 and doesn't take too long to air after S1 ends.
OPN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-15, 13:44   Link #774
kitten320

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
It's a decent series, you don't even need to watch TLAB to enjoy LoK.
Though original series are better especially if you want to see cool bending.
Old 2012-06-15, 15:07   Link #775
ellifeedn
Thinker

I like the first series better. I think it's because the second series' pace is much faster than what I was expecting.
ellifeedn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-15, 15:20   Link #776
Destined_Fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
Though original series are better especially if you want to see cool bending.
The Original has 4 books and room for off-track/fun episodes, of course it's better.
Old 2012-06-16, 08:47   Link #777
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
I think that Bumi being Amon could be a viable theory. After all, with Yakone and Tarlok, we see that special bending can be inherited genetically, and with Aang having that ability, it may have been passed down to Bumi. I don't know about the whole firebended-in-the-face stuff that happened to him, but him being a non-bender in a family that is well-known for its high-level benders, in addition to one being the Avatar, it's possible that he's received a lot of discrimination or was disrespected for his lack of ability, until some event caused him to awaken.

Another outrageous theory would be that it has something to do with that Fire Nation Circus Ty Lee came from. It's not like hitting chi points to stop bending was very common, and given her personality, I doubt that Ty Lee came up with that all on her own. The viable conclusion would be that this circus housed the origins to chi blocking, and that Amon somehow originates from there, though that wouldn't really explain the anti-bending powers.

frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-16, 10:35   Link #778
Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple

Spoiler for Episode 10:
Old 2012-06-16, 11:29   Link #779
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenrir_valindri View Post
Spoiler for Episode 10:
Spoiler for episode 10:

Hmm, more speculation about the next season, Korra will try to return everyone's bending (who lost it that is, in the previews it looks like Amon really has entered the end game) but that is going to cause the conflict with the Spirit World has been hinted at in one or two of the interviews. Oh, and this might have been mentioned before, but one of the creators (Bryan) has a tumblr now which has some fun art on it.
wandering-dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-16, 13:02   Link #780
Linkark07
Yokoso Gypsy

Yeah, I'm wondering too how will Korra make everyone's bending return. Hopefully Aang has some advices for her when she meets him.
Linkark07 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
avatar the last airbender, korra