AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Valkyria Chronicles

Notices

Old 2010-07-12, 12:49   Link #1281
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Congrats to Valkyria Chronicles for winning the Guiness World Records for best Strategy RPG on the PS3!

Source
Old 2010-07-12, 14:20   Link #1282
RedShocktrooper
Charge Me!

Location: I'm not gone! I'm where you either use a slingshot or a gun!
Mir ist kALT.

But VC's getting the recognition it deserves, so no greifs.
RedShocktrooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-12, 14:35   Link #1283
Mr. Wang
Scholar of Yanderes
*Author

Send a message via Yahoo to Mr. Wang
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
Congrats to Valkyria Chronicles for winning the Guiness World Records for best Strategy RPG on the PS3!

Source
Well pardon my bluntness when I say it's about damn time. Good to see the game finally get recognition it deserves, though I doubt being in a Guiness record is going to repair any under-appreciation for it... News on Valkyria Chronicles is tough to get as is, but it's nice to see that the game is being praised in such a way.

See what happens when you make 3D games that don't have Sonic the Hedgehog, Sega?
Old 2010-07-12, 20:56   Link #1284
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
Great for VC.

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
JagdPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-12, 21:04   Link #1285
RedShocktrooper
Charge Me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wang View Post
See what happens when you make 3D games that don't have Sonic the Hedgehog, Sega?
It's from a different department of Sega. For a third reference, the Total War games do pretty well, and they're pretty mediocre RTS games.
Old 2010-07-12, 23:45   Link #1286
Snowman24

OMG... that is awesome news!!
Snowman24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-17, 06:23   Link #1287
RedShocktrooper
Charge Me!

You know that saying, "There Is Nothing New Under the Sun?"

It applies to VC, too. Far before VC was even on the drawing board, a game called "Hogs of War" had many of VC's gameplay elements.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mhj1Ekqz2S4

That counter in the corner seems to be Hogs' version of AP, with the game's turns ending after an attack (then you move on to the next pig). The "AP" seems to rather be a timer (as far as you can go without running out of time or attacking, instead of until a bar runs out).

The entire time we've been in love with a remake! A damn good remake, but still...

EDIT: It also seems that the unit's health effects it's "AP" in Hogs, while the closest Valkyria gets is a broken ankle. I guess Hans' cousins don't have Ragnaid, eh?
Old 2010-08-15, 17:50   Link #1288
Simon_Lord

Send a message via MSN to Simon_Lord
okay i got a question, hopefully you guys will help me, ive started watching the first episodes of the anime last year if i recall, and i remember stopping because i was at the same point in the PS3 game, now i want to restart watching the anime again but i still havent played the game since. So my question is should i wait and focus on finishing the game? or just watch the anime and play whenever i feel like it. Wich one should spoil me Anime or VideoGame?
Old 2010-08-15, 18:49   Link #1289
Snowman24

The anime spoils itself, there are 2 openings to the anime, what happens in 1 opening, the later... speaks for itself.

I'd say stick to the game, start to finish, then watch the anime, it's not as good...
Old 2010-08-15, 18:51   Link #1290
Simon_Lord

Send a message via MSN to Simon_Lord
okay thanks for the quick reply! ^_^ i got 3 days off work this week ill try to finish it so i can move on to the anime!
Old 2010-08-15, 19:55   Link #1291
Mr. Wang
Scholar of Yanderes
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowman24 View Post
The anime spoils itself, there are 2 openings to the anime, what happens in 1 opening, the later... speaks for itself.

I'd say stick to the game, start to finish, then watch the anime, it's not as good...
Yes, the game, in my opinion (and the popular opinion) is that the game's story and ending is much better than that of the anime. Snowman also has a good point when he said the second half of the anime blatantly spoils some rather... key elements to the future...

In any case, I'd still recommend playing the game, then the anime. It's better to the see the original storyline as it was meant to be, then later the anime's... adjustments. Whether the latter's changes would be for better or worse, you're the one to decide...
Old 2010-09-01, 10:01   Link #1292
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Is This Teaser Site For Valkyria Chronicles 3?

Nice teaser site.
The VC3 site will officially open on 16 September. Can't wait to see the new stuff they have for VC3.
Old 2010-09-01, 17:07   Link #1293
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
They announced it here too.

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Yu Ominae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-01, 17:44   Link #1294
Mr. Wang
Scholar of Yanderes
*Author

16 days... holy crap. This is either VC2 for the Playstation 3, or a completely new (and hopefully available to the consoles) VC game. Either way, this seems like some big news, and a future for Valkyria Chronicles.
Old 2010-09-01, 20:48   Link #1295
Snowman24

WHAT?!?!? Ok... if it is indeed an already new Valkyria Chronicles in the works then that means... more Darcsen girls!! ... possibly...
Old 2010-09-01, 22:37   Link #1296
KiraYamatoFan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowman24 View Post
WHAT?!?!? Ok... if it is indeed an already new Valkyria Chronicles in the works then that means... more Darcsen girls!! ... possibly...
I guess you are dreaming of a small unit full of them creating havoc behind enemy lines. Oh wait! I thought it was some Brad Pitt movie.
KiraYamatoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-02, 00:12   Link #1297
Snowman24

I thought someone already did that over at the fanfiction site?? Meh, maybe I'm just imagining things :P
Old 2010-09-02, 21:26   Link #1298
RedShocktrooper
Charge Me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wang View Post
16 days... holy crap. This is either VC2 for the Playstation 3, or a completely new (and hopefully available to the consoles) VC game. Either way, this seems like some big news, and a future for Valkyria Chronicles.
VC in the Codename Panzers: Cold War engine.

YOU HEARD IT HERE FIRST FOLKS.

J/K. Though it does seem a bit soon for VC3...
Old 2010-09-02, 21:32   Link #1299
Mr. Wang
Scholar of Yanderes
*Author

I will agree, announcement of third is a bit soon, even for the time that Valkyria Chronicles 2 has been out in Japan, and especially so since this game has just come out in America...

What else could it be? Is this teaser site from Sega? If not, my suspicions are also going up for possibly a Season 2 of the VC anime, maybe focusing on the Lanseal Academy students and VC2's events. Well, I'm leaning more toward hoping for a game, considering the... "stellar" performance we've seen in portraying the game original game as an anime. Then again, I have no PSP to play VC2 with, so I might have to rely on the anime to at least get some understanding of the plot's events. Still, two more weeks and we'll figure out what all of this is.
Old 2010-09-02, 22:21   Link #1300
RedShocktrooper
Charge Me!

A Edy-based spin off game? Am I actually calling a different team making a VC game (albeit not with Leopard and/or BLiTZ)?

Tags
sega