AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-02-04, 11:53   Link #1
animeguru

Looking for a heartwrenching romance/drama

As the title say's,

A heartwrenching romance/drama/tragedy story something like Rumbling hearts (Kimi ga Nozomu Eien).

If it has action then it is also no problem.

These are the animes that I've watched already,

Onepiece
Bleach
Naruto
Death note
Reqiuem for the phantom
Full metal alchemist
Full metal alchemist:brotherhood
Full metal panic
Full metal panic ! fomoffu
Full metal panic the second raid
Captain tsubasa
Tekkaman blade
Shinzo
Dragonball Z
Dragonball GT
High school of dead season 1
Gundam 00 + awakening of the trialblazer
Code geass r1+r2
Elfen lied
Ef: A tale of memories
Kaichou wa maid-sama
Angel beats
Samurai girls
Sekirei
Sekirei: Pure engagement
Ikkitousen
Ikkitousen: dragon destiny
Ikkitousen: Great Guardians
Suzuka
Shagukan no shana season 1
Kaze no stigma
Myself:yourself
Ichigo 100
School days
green green
Nyan koi
Kimikiss
True Tears
amagami ss
B gata H kei
Hanbun no tsuki ga nobura sora
Love hina
Kenichi
h2o foot prints of the sand
Onegai teacher
Peach girl
Bakuman
Hajime no ippo
Kimi ni todoke season 1
La corda d'oro
Nodame cantibel season 1
5 cm per second

greetings,
Old 2012-02-04, 12:41   Link #2
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Try Dragon Crisis! and Yosuga no Sora, both are 12-episodes TV anime and features huge loads of heartwrenching drama.
The former follows the path of Ryuji, a highschool boy who strangely meets a young dragon girl named Rose. It features some action and some romance and has a lot of emphasis towards the plot.
The latter follows Haruka and his twin sister Sora who currently lives in a countryside after their parents died in a accident when they are little. Once they're transferred in a highschool situated in the same countryside, they met lot of people encoutered from the past. The series contains huge loads of romance but also huge loads of ecchiness, but has few comedic moments. It follows in a omnibus format (the 4 main heroines have their own arcs + an extra arc of the secondary heroine used at the end of each episode) and contains a incestuous love between the twins.
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList

Last edited by MisaoFan; 2012-02-04 at 16:15.
Old 2012-02-04, 14:18   Link #3
Autumn Demon
~

nana
white album
romeo x juliet
seikai no monshou/senki
Old 2012-02-04, 15:27   Link #4
kitten320

Does romance has to be strong and main focus?

Since you watched Angel Beats, you really should check out Air, Kanon2006 and Clannad since all of them are from the same creator. Every single series has some romance, drama and tragedy. Clannad has the strongest and best developed romance out of all, especially in season 2.

Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai has some romance but the main focus are drama and tragedy.

Bungaku Shoujo has a bit of romance, but main focus is also mostly drama and some tragedy. You might want to watch OVAs first. It might be better if you miss second one and only watch 1st and 3rd. Then watch the movie and 2nd OVA as the last.

Ga-Rei Zero has some romance but main focus is strong friendship. Very sad series with action included.

You can also try Mai HiME series. It is action series and has several couplings but close feelings play really important role in the future. Series starts as comedy but somewhere around episode 15, things start to take a more dramatic side.

Rainbow: Nisha Rokubou no Shichinin had a bit of romance but mostly series are about struggle in life. also dramatic. If you liked Phantom series, there are high chances that you might like this too.

Romeo x Juliet is an obvious choice.

Steins;Gate has some romance but the main theme is time traveling. Whole bunch of tragedy and drama happens in second half.

Hope this helps.
Old 2012-02-04, 15:29   Link #5
Classified Info
I miss Haruhi

ano hi mita hana no namae o bokutachi wa mada shiranai: Usually shortened as Ano Hana, is way more emotional than Kimi ga Nozomu Eien, but being less depressing and having better characters and an awesome graphic and animation. The very first episode is very emotional, and will eventually make your eyes wet from the beginning to the end. I'm not a fan of drama animes, i hate depressing things concerning hospitals or disabled people and such, and don't like when it involves death. Ano Hana doesn't involve hospitals, and that's a +1, but involves the second. Probably i liked it more because the drama is coupled with a bit of comedy. It's about some friends trying to get over the death of their childhood friend who manifests as a ghost to the main protagonist. Told this way would sound too much depressing, but it isn't. On the other side, it isn't even funny or laughable. Watch the first episode to understand why: it will just drive you to the end.

EDIT:
Oh, I kinda posted at the same time of the above user, with the exception that i spent more time on describing this title. Oh well, at least you have a wider view of this anime now.
Old 2012-02-05, 17:08   Link #6
animeguru

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
Does romance has to be strong and main focus?

Since you watched Angel Beats, you really should check out Air, Kanon2006 and Clannad since all of them are from the same creator. Every single series has some romance, drama and tragedy. Clannad has the strongest and best developed romance out of all, especially in season 2.

Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai has some romance but the main focus are drama and tragedy.

Bungaku Shoujo has a bit of romance, but main focus is also mostly drama and some tragedy. You might want to watch OVAs first. It might be better if you miss second one and only watch 1st and 3rd. Then watch the movie and 2nd OVA as the last.

Ga-Rei Zero has some romance but main focus is strong friendship. Very sad series with action included.

You can also try Mai HiME series. It is action series and has several couplings but close feelings play really important role in the future. Series starts as comedy but somewhere around episode 15, things start to take a more dramatic side.

Rainbow: Nisha Rokubou no Shichinin had a bit of romance but mostly series are about struggle in life. also dramatic. If you liked Phantom series, there are high chances that you might like this too.

Romeo x Juliet is an obvious choice.

Steins;Gate has some romance but the main theme is time traveling. Whole bunch of tragedy and drama happens in second half.

Hope this helps.
thanks alot for your answer.

Im watching steins gate atm ( epi 5 already) and really enjoying it now.
Old 2012-02-05, 17:12   Link #7
hyl
reading #hikaributts

Seeing from your starting post that you watched the first season of EF , you could also watched it's "sequel" EF a tale of melodies
Old 2012-02-05, 19:34   Link #8
kitten320

Your welcome, glad I was of help
I personally really enjoyed Steins;Gate in second half, somewhere after episode 12. Hope you will enjoy it till the end, series have become a new star lately.