AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Log Horizon

Notices

Old 2013-10-05, 10:30   Link #81
erika4dsl

It was okay first episode nothing special.
erika4dsl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-05, 10:49   Link #82
Benigmatica
Deadpan Rambler

Send a message via Yahoo to Benigmatica
Quote:
Originally Posted by erika4dsl View Post
It was okay first episode nothing special.
But it has a sillier feeling than SAO or AW (or even .Hack//). Nevertheless, I'll be enjoying this series!
Benigmatica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-05, 11:28   Link #83
Cloudenvy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeroz View Post
Akatsuki is my wife, nobody shall fight with me. Nobody
This forum isn't big enough for the both of us.
Cloudenvy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-05, 12:08   Link #84
Flolan

So Akatsuki wanted to change her appearance because she didnt want to be stuck in a guys body? I understand her, i also usually play as male character.

So knowing mmorpg's there should be a lot of little girls running around with a deep voice. Yes thats right, a lot of female characters are actually male. And for some reason i dont think they want to do back to a guys body...
Flolan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-05, 13:06   Link #85
AntonKutovoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flolan View Post
So knowing mmorpg's there should be a lot of little girls running around with a deep voice. Yes thats right, a lot of female characters are actually male. And for some reason i dont think they want to do back to a guys body...
You know, I just imagined a little girl with Norio Wakamoto's voice. Now I seriously want such character in the series
AntonKutovoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-05, 13:55   Link #86
Krono

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisaoFan View Post
Spoiler for Episode 1:
It has the same director as Fairy Tail does, so I'm not surprised that it would give you some Fairy Tail vibes.
Krono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-05, 13:57   Link #87
Puu

Watched the first episode: really liked it I love how it mentions 200,000 people are trapped worldwide too and how, this time, you've got veterans (level 90 people) in the game....

I can't help but think, though, that this is kind of like taking Lelouch and putting him in an MMORPG in terms of story. I hope them saying Shiroe is a legendary guild's strategist will mean we'll see some cool strategizing from his part
Puu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-05, 14:56   Link #88
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
... Apparently there's a need for a LN thread to exist... I'm pretty sure there'd be some curious souls.

Watched the first episode, and pretty liked it. I had two copies of one of its manga adaptations which featured Marielle's guild, and my understanding of the series is pretty much limited to it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puu View Post
I hope them saying Shiroe is a legendary guild's strategist will mean we'll see some cool strategizing from his part
It's not a guild. They're just a band of players who don't align themselves to a guild.

Basically a very big party.

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----

Last edited by Master Assassin; 2013-10-05 at 15:08.
Master Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-05, 15:40   Link #89
blackwhite67
Banned

I don't get something. Shiro's level 90 and i know his class isn't combat oriented, but those weasels were only level 28. You'd think that one of his attacks would be enough to KO them.
blackwhite67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-05, 16:04   Link #90
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwhite67 View Post
I don't get something. Shiro's level 90 and i know his class isn't combat oriented, but those weasels were only level 28. You'd think that one of his attacks would be enough to KO them.
ah but what kind of attack it is? A attack-attack(fireball) or a disabling-attack(confusion/paralysis)?
Old 2013-10-05, 16:05   Link #91
Requiem-x
The slacking one

While not as gripping as the first episode of SAO, this certainly was a good enough introduction to get me interested. Likable characters, comedy, and a clear show of potential for a big world type of show. And it must be said, the cutest loli ninja since Goemon.

Only now am I finding out who wrote the original story, so it will probably turn out different than I initially expected, but I still enjoyed the author's other work, so it's no big deal, in fact, I can already see a couple improvements in this story over the other one already, so it's all well.

P.S: AKATSUKI!! So darn cute!!! And seriously, how can you go wrong with a wizard and a knight being bros?
Requiem-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-05, 16:06   Link #92
blackwhite67
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
ah but what kind of attack it is? A attack-attack(fireball) or a disabling-attack(confusion/paralysis)?
That Electrical Fuzz at the beginning of the episode.

By the way, to those who read the novel, can you tell us how solid the battle system is? How in-depth does the novel explain the game and attacks? Also, is there a main antagonist or what?
blackwhite67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-05, 16:53   Link #93
HandofFate

Not sure what came first or what, but the obvious cashing in/ripping off of SAO popularity wave is so thick.

However, I do like that it seems the population is much bigger, and the main cast is bigger so its more party based than just solo adventures of Kirito.
HandofFate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-05, 17:08   Link #94
Byakou

It's not like SAO has exclusivity over the "stuck in an mmo" story, it's been done before (see hack//sign). SAO had an amazing beginning, only to begin a slow descent into garbage once the lovey dovey crap started and the second part of the story was just stupid. Hopefully this anime doesn't disappoint like SAO did.
Byakou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-05, 17:10   Link #95
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Kind of feels like a lighter version of SAO. That kind of comparison just isn't going to be avoided easily. An interesting part of this though is people pretty much being stuck in whatever character they made. If they don't really line up with the characters they designed there will be some discomfort or clumsiness. Also a somewhat unsettling situation of some people getting stuck as the opposite gender unless they can get their hands on a rare potion . Lucky for Akatsuki she had an old acquaintance to rely on there .

All in all it could be a pretty decent series. Don't feel like it will be hugely special, but the main trio are solid and certainly seems like comedy will mix itself in regardless of the situation these characters are in.
Old 2013-10-05, 17:11   Link #96
ices
Working Hard

I must say that this is a good start. Like the chibi Ninja a lot...
ices is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-05, 17:18   Link #97
MartianMage

Not really a complaint but from an MMO player's point of view I kind of find it silly how a bunch of lvl90 characters are having trouble against mobs that are more than 60 levels lower than them. Unaccustomed to new controls? lol if I logged out my capped char on a nub spot with aggro monsters and login back and for some reason my hotkey setup were all reset I can prolly setup my hotkeys while tanking nub mobs.

I mean sure this isn't the MMO I'm playing but c'mon I've played a lot of different MMOs and I cannot name any MMO where people will have problems against mobs that are waaaaaay low level. Kinda makes me think the author has never played an MMO before.

edit: remember the episode where Kirito tanked a bunch of nub PKers?
Kyubey: Perhaps the same could be said of all religions.
Homura: Your words are as empty as your soul! Lolis ill-needs a savior such as you!
Kyubey: What is a loli? A miserable little pile of moe! But enough talk...have at you!
MartianMage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-05, 17:21   Link #98
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartianMage View Post
Not really a complaint but from an MMO player's point of view I kind of find it silly how a bunch of lvl90 characters are having trouble against mobs that are more than 60 levels lower than them. Unaccustomed to new controls? lol if I logged out my capped char on a nub spot with aggro monsters and login back and for some reason my hotkey setup were all reset I can prolly setup my hotkeys while tanking nub mobs.

I mean sure this isn't the MMO I'm playing but c'mon I've played a lot of different MMOs and I cannot name any MMO where people will have problems against mobs that are waaaaaay low level.
Maybe their stats were altered by this supposed expansion? Such that even for level cap characters like them the low level monsters have stats that can't just be shrugged off? Otherwise I agree it seems silly that they were getting knocked around even if you include not being used to the control system. With that kind of level discrepancy they should have been able to fall asleep while those things were attacking and take little to no damage..
Old 2013-10-05, 17:24   Link #99
MartianMage

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Maybe their stats were altered by this supposed expansion? Such that even for level cap characters like them the low level monsters have stats that can't just be shrugged off? Otherwise I agree it seems silly that they were getting knocked around even if you include not being used to the control system. With that kind of level discrepancy they should have been able to fall asleep while those things were attacking and take little to no damage..
haha well as I've mentioned(edited :P) on my previous post... maybe the author has never played an MMO before.
Kyubey: Perhaps the same could be said of all religions.
Homura: Your words are as empty as your soul! Lolis ill-needs a savior such as you!
Kyubey: What is a loli? A miserable little pile of moe! But enough talk...have at you!
MartianMage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-05, 17:28   Link #100
Byakou

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartianMage View Post

I mean sure this isn't the MMO I'm playing but c'mon I've played a lot of different MMOs and I cannot name any MMO where people will have problems against mobs that are waaaaaay low level. Kinda makes me think the author has never played an MMO before.
Depends on the mmo. On the mmo I play mob attacks have a minimum value, so for instance regardless if your defense is 100 or 500, mob X will always hit at least 75. If your defense is lower than 100, then it goes up exponentially. A single mob could never take you down but a horde will.
Byakou is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fantasy, nyanderful, science fiction, seinen, shounen