AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-02-22, 12:45   Link #41
hunterx
ore wa kanpeki da

hellsing and tsukihime use vampires in their story, but they are in different categories. Tsukihime was a great romance story with vampires and some fighting, while hellsing is completely about fighting. The main story is Alucard looking for better stronger enemies to fight, to have fun with, he spends half of the time teasing his opponents to give him all they got. I generally don't like romance shows but Tsukihime is my kind of romance show. extremely good. Vampire Hunter D falls in the middle with some romance and quite a bit more fighting
Old 2004-02-22, 21:36   Link #42
Leequid
mouton mouton!!

Send a message via MSN to Leequid
Unhappy

I just watched hellsing... And i must admit that from the 9th ep it's barely watchable. I mean look at Incognito, he looks so ridiculous. I think that I won't even take a look to the following eps. But i really enjoyed the first 8 eps and hope for a second season or something...
Old 2004-02-23, 17:36   Link #43
jehjr1337

Send a message via AIM to jehjr1337
Hellsing Question

This may sound like a noob question, but victoria is a vampire and in some episodes "it seems" that she walks in day light, how is that possible.....
Old 2004-02-23, 17:46   Link #44
ElvenPath
a step away from heaven

-> Moved to DVD & Licensed.
Old 2004-02-23, 18:05   Link #45
Tabiree
FUNimation's Gen Fukunaga

Quote:
Originally Posted by jehjr1337
This may sound like a noob question, but victoria is a vampire and in some episodes "it seems" that she walks in day light, how is that possible.....
Notice how there's some kind of overcast, or shes in (barely any) shadow.

However it seems the Anime doesn't really care all that much about the daylight/sun vs. vampires rule, I mean, it's never even said they'd get killed by direct sunlight. Even walter (in both sub and dub) only suggests she doesn't go out in sunlight, though that's debatable as sarcasm. ANAYYA W MY STYSYINGEFW>.c...

Yep
Old 2004-02-23, 18:58   Link #46
hunterx
ore wa kanpeki da

Quote:
Originally Posted by jehjr1337
she's well covered when she goes out in daylight from what I can remember when I watched hellsing. vampires can go out in daylight if they are protected or well dressed
Old 2004-02-24, 11:08   Link #47
Helldog2004
Kakashi lightning attack

Send a message via MSN to Helldog2004
That is correct, the main rule for vampires is that they get burned by the sun light.

true, but the other main rule is, that only there skin can be burned in the sun light.
so, if she is wearing any clothes, her skin can't get burned
Old 2004-02-24, 12:28   Link #48
kamij0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master_Helldog
That is correct, the main rule for vampires is that they get burned by the sun light.

true, but the other main rule is, that only there skin can be burned in the sun light.
so, if she is wearing any clothes, her skin can't get burned
generally vampires will become as weak as humans if they come out in the day.. thats the main rule too,
Old 2004-02-24, 12:35   Link #49
kamij0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leequid
I just watched hellsing... And i must admit that from the 9th ep it's barely watchable. I mean look at Incognito, he looks so ridiculous. I think that I won't even take a look to the following eps. But i really enjoyed the first 8 eps and hope for a second season or something...
i wonder why they just had 13 episodes, somemore the last few episodes are not as interesting as i thought too. * nods * after seeing Incognito .. i wonder what has got into him..
Old 2004-02-25, 22:07   Link #50
jehjr1337

Send a message via AIM to jehjr1337
Thanks a bunch guys...
Old 2004-02-26, 11:52   Link #51
Mr_Paper
Hmm...

Actually, if you pay close attention you'll notice that during all the times
Victoria is outside it's either dusk or early dawn. At no time during the
anime do they show her out in broad daylight. Alucard on the otherhand..

There are several chapters in the manga where Victoria can't be in direct
sunlight but Alucard can walk down the streets in broad daylight without
any ill consequences. (he's not even wearing his big hat... he's
wearing a business suit at the time)
Old 2004-05-04, 14:14   Link #52
e2-
Genius!

hellsing

sorry sorry I didnt notice this thread

Last edited by e2-; 2004-05-04 at 14:30.
Old 2004-05-05, 08:54   Link #53
Vaelen
Evul

Send a message via MSN to Vaelen
Alucard has said in the manga that he cannot be killed by sunlight. He just finds it unpleasant..

But we all know hes not just some vampire..
Old 2004-07-09, 18:24   Link #54
Kodain
Guntai

Hellsing questions *SPOILERS*

was watching it for the 2:nd time and now i understood it better. but nowi had some new subs (this was when it was still unlicensed) and when Celes is wounded by Alexander Andersen Akkard offers her his blood and she turning into a "full" vampire. then Celes says something about Akkard disappearing if she did that. that is what doesnt make sense to me. i tought the only reason she didnt drink his blood was so he could continue being her master. and does that mean that she is a half vampire(dunpeal)? i know that dunpeals are born as half breeed but still they are half vampires so it sounds better
Old 2004-07-09, 19:05   Link #55
delta9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodain
was watching it for the 2:nd time and now i understood it better. but nowi had some new subs (this was when it was still unlicensed) and when Celes is wounded by Alexander Andersen Akkard offers her his blood and she turning into a "full" vampire. then Celes says something about Akkard disappearing if she did that. that is what doesnt make sense to me. i tought the only reason she didnt drink his blood was so he could continue being her master. and does that mean that she is a half vampire(dunpeal)? i know that dunpeals are born as half breeed but still they are half vampires so it sounds better
I don't remember police girl saying Alucard might disappear if she drank his blood, maybe it was a really bad translation or something, besides it doesn't make any sense. She's already a vampire but a really weak vampire because she's not drinking blood, I think she refused to drink Alucards blood because she didn't want to turn to a monster.
Old 2004-07-09, 21:50   Link #56
ClancyDamon
クラシー デマン

Send a message via AIM to ClancyDamon
Yeah, that's how I took it. She also laments about losing all of her humanity in the manga. Granted, the manga and anime are extremely different, but I think the basic idea is the same - that Celes is afraid of becoming a monster, so she won't drink blood.
Old 2004-07-10, 06:25   Link #57
Kodain
Guntai

Hmm. it was mentioned that she doesnt regenerate that well. blood gives them strengh, even tough she drinks medical blood human blood is better. but if she isnt a "full" vampire, she cant change into mist/bats, regenerate, read toughts or use anything about the powers a vampire posses except the stengh right?
Old 2004-07-10, 13:32   Link #58
Mr_Paper
Hmm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodain
...but if she isnt a "full" vampire, she cant change into mist/bats, regenerate, read toughts or use anything about the powers a vampire posses except the stengh right?
Correct, she is a subservant vampire. Until she drinks Alucard's blood and is freed she wont have the use of the more "impressive" skills and powers.
Old 2004-12-25, 04:24   Link #59
delta9

Hellsing Question

Did Alucard steal Seth from Incognito when they were fighting in that building where they both fell in?
Old 2004-12-25, 04:28   Link #60
Tabiree
FUNimation's Gen Fukunaga

I've seen all of Hellsing but I've got no idea what this "Seth" thing you're talking about is.
Closed Thread

Tags
action, gonzo, horror