AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Visual Novels, Mobage & Anime Spin-Off Games

Notices

Old 2013-06-07, 00:30   Link #61
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
The homepage has been updated.

The systems page has received its first update with some elaboration on the exact game mechanics.

The top page and menu bar say that the gallery has been updated, but unless my browser is on the fritz they forgot to actually put the changes into effect because there's nothing different about the gallery page.

EDIT: They just forgot to put the actual new pictures on the page. If you go through the pictures by clicking on the next button while you're viewing one, you'll move down the list to the new CG pictures.

Three new CGs (though we've seen two of them through other sources), but since the CG listing grid is still uneven, there may be more CGs released soon.
Old 2013-06-07, 02:15   Link #62
iamadooddood
NOM.

Wow. Just... wow. The detail put into the game is epic.

This game is so gonna be worth every cent of the S$120 or so that I'm spending on it.

Better start learning Japanese quick, lol.
iamadooddood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-07, 04:18   Link #63
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamadooddood View Post
Wow. Just... wow. The detail put into the game is epic.

This game is so gonna be worth every cent of the S$120 or so that I'm spending on it.

Better start learning Japanese quick, lol.
$120? Naturally I'm assuming for that price that you're getting the limited edition, but where are you getting it from, Play-Asia.com? AmiAmi has the limited edition (before shipping) for 7740 yen. (about $80)
Old 2013-06-07, 04:39   Link #64
Iggy_Pop

The animate special edition cost 10,500 yen (before shipping)
Iggy_Pop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-07, 05:04   Link #65
iamadooddood
NOM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
$120? Naturally I'm assuming for that price that you're getting the limited edition, but where are you getting it from, Play-Asia.com? AmiAmi has the limited edition (before shipping) for 7740 yen. (about $80)
By S$120, I meant 120 Singapore dollars, which would be around US$95, maybe? Exchange rate keeps fluctuating lol.

As posted earlier, I'm getting it from some site called WonderGOO, which gives a free B2 tapestry. Naturally, shipping costs won't be kind to me... According to the site, it's 9240 yen before tax (if 1 SGD = 77 JPY it'd be exactly S$120 lol), 9765 after. My sister advised me to set aside S$150 for the cost of the game + all other costs including taxes and shipping.
Old 2013-06-07, 23:09   Link #66
RapidPotential
Spinning round and round~

I really want to get this game but first I'll have to get a PS3... with PS4 looming around the corner I'm not sure if I should be doing so. What a dilemma.
RapidPotential is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-08, 01:55   Link #67
Iggy_Pop

PS4 doesn't have backward compatibility at least for now, so I'm still gonna have to buy PS3 first, what a pain.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PS4#Backward_compatibility

Hopefully later models will have it, but until then I'm still gonna get me a PS3. I want to play GTA V and other games too, so it shouldn't be a waste

Last edited by Iggy_Pop; 2013-06-08 at 10:26.
Iggy_Pop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-08, 02:31   Link #68
Xero8420
Ashigara's master

So it means PS4 isn't that good due to incompatibility?
Xero8420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-08, 04:01   Link #69
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Speaking of PS3's themselves.......

It's not even out yet and it's already sold out. >.>

EDIT: On a side-ish note, AmAmi.com and AmiAMi.jp are showing widespread "Sold Out"s for various Date A Live merchandise, including pre-orders of both the BD and DVD versions of the limited edition volume 1.

More specifically, both .com and .jp are sold out of the version of the limited edition volume 1 that has their store-limited bonus telephone card.

Meanwhile, AmiAmi is also sold out of the limited edition version of the PS3 game (good think I got my order in a month ago >.>), and Play-Asia.com looks like it's sold out of its limited edition and Famitsu DX Pack editions of the game. (and that site's prices for the game are expensive, $90+ for the limited edition)

Last edited by Shinji103; 2013-06-08 at 04:16.
Shinji103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-08, 08:10   Link #70
RapidPotential
Spinning round and round~

So my plans to invest in a PS3 weren't unfounded after all... Right then, I'll get one before I get to purchasing this game.
RapidPotential is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-08, 21:08   Link #71
iamadooddood
NOM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RapidPotential View Post
So my plans to invest in a PS3 weren't unfounded after all... Right then, I'll get one before I get to purchasing this game.
You haven't purchased the game yet? I'm sure pre-orders are all sold out by now...

Better to buy the game first then the PS3 than the other way round.
Old 2013-06-08, 22:19   Link #72
Mystic_Vegetto

Quote:
You haven't purchased the game yet? I'm sure pre-orders are all sold out by now...

Better to buy the game first then the PS3 than the other way round.
CD Japan is still taking preorders for the regular and limited editions. Best to preorder now before it's too late. Otherwise you'll have to wait until they're back in stock.
Mystic_Vegetto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-08, 23:27   Link #73
iamadooddood
NOM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystic_Vegetto View Post
CD Japan is still taking preorders for the regular and limited editions. Best to preorder now before it's too late. Otherwise you'll have to wait until they're back in stock.
I felt that CDJapan's pre-order goodies were quite nifty as well. I wonder why they still have stock when so many other sites have already run out.
Old 2013-06-09, 01:01   Link #74
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Quote:
I felt that CDJapan's pre-order goodies were quite nifty as well. I wonder why they still have stock when so many other sites have already run out.
I can understand why not too many people would be interested in it: It's not a unique art pic (it's a CG in the game itself) and I don't see too many people actually using it to wipe things, so the pre-order tapestries and stuff would probably sell more.

Or are you talking about the pre-order goodies for BD/DVD volume 1?

On the subject of CD Japan, looks like they're sold out of Limited Edition volume 1's now too, both BD and DVD.

I should've pre-ordered my own set of those DAL PS3 sticker skins. Now I have to wait for after the release later this month for them to get back in stock. >.>
Old 2013-06-09, 01:23   Link #75
Xero8420
Ashigara's master

Okay, I wanna ask a question... Is it for all-age since it's made for PS3? When I heard pregnancy endings, I got a feeling that it wouldn't sound right for an all-age VN, as one of the CG has given away a hint.
Old 2013-06-09, 01:26   Link #76
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xero8420 View Post
Okay, I wanna ask a question... Is it for all-age since it's made for PS3? When I heard pregnancy endings, I got a feeling that it wouldn't sound right for an all-age VN, as one of the CG has given away a hint.
Well, the CERO age thingy says for 17 and up, but I don't think that means it's an actual ero game. (those are labeled "18+")

The whole pregnancy ending thing is probably just talking about seeing Shidou and his girl sometime in their future. I doubt we'll actually see the "work" take place.

EDIT: Japan's CERO age rating system. DAL Rinne Utopia is "D" for 17+. ("Z" is for 18+)

According to that, love and sexual content are considered "D" but not "Z," so it seems pretty clear that the whole implied marriage thing is what's getting the 17+ rating, not any actual sexual intercourse.
Old 2013-06-09, 01:34   Link #77
Xero8420
Ashigara's master

Quote:
Well, the CERO age thingy says for 17 and up, but I don't think that means it's an actual ero game. (those are labeled "18+")

The whole pregnancy ending thing is probably just talking about seeing Shidou and his girl sometime in their future. I doubt we'll actually see the "work" take place.
Either way, we shall see. Cause it would be funny how it turns out for a 17+ game, but 17+ is consider as rated M.

But still, it's not safe to play such console-based game in the living room, unless if the console is in your private room.
Old 2013-06-09, 01:37   Link #78
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xero8420 View Post
Either way, we shall see. Cause it would be funny how it turns out for a 17+ game, but 17+ is consider as rated M.

But still, it's not safe to play such console-based game in the living room, unless if the console is in your private room.
Actually as I edited my post above, gambling and crime get "D" ratings as well according to CERO, so it looks more like Japan's rating system is just highly strict. Gambling and crime aren't things we want to expose our children to much, but no US system would rate a game as "M" just for gambling or crime, otherwise tons of PG-13 and TV-14 TV shows and movies would be rated R and TV-M.
Old 2013-06-09, 09:26   Link #79
iamadooddood
NOM.

Quote:
I can understand why not too many people would be interested in it: It's not a unique art pic (it's a CG in the game itself) and I don't see too many people actually using it to wipe things, so the pre-order tapestries and stuff would probably sell more.

Or are you talking about the pre-order goodies for BD/DVD volume 1?

On the subject of CD Japan, looks like they're sold out of Limited Edition volume 1's now too, both BD and DVD.

I should've pre-ordered my own set of those DAL PS3 sticker skins. Now I have to wait for after the release later this month for them to get back in stock. >.>
If that was the case, then I could say that for a lot of the other sites' pre-order goodies (not all, though). A poster + microfibre cloth actually looks quite decent compared to some of the other sites which offer (according to Google Translate) bromide paper, book/phone cards and the like.

I didn't know what the pre-order goodies for BD/DVD are because I didn't really bother about the BD/DVD.

Quote:

EDIT: Japan's CERO age rating system. DAL Rinne Utopia is "D" for 17+. ("Z" is for 18+)

According to that, love and sexual content are considered "D" but not "Z," so it seems pretty clear that the whole implied marriage thing is what's getting the 17+ rating, not any actual sexual intercourse.
Seeing that (according to Wikipedia) due to the sexual content it could have been B or C as well, I'm inclined to believe that the love and sexual content must be at quite a high level, albeit not at the level of eroge. Then again, some of the CGs have already told us so...
Old 2013-06-09, 09:54   Link #80
hyl
reading #hikaributts

Games with some ecchi fanservice is enough to warrent a Cero D in japan.
Any actual H-scenes would lead to being a 18+ game and sony doesn't allow eroges on the ps3 (neither does nintendo and microsoft on their systems though),
If it was an actual eroge it will lead to many other complications such as sales restrictions where it can be sold, possible seiyuu changes (because most seiyuu's don't do eroge work and if they do, it's under a pseudonym) etc.
hyl is offline   Reply With Quote