AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fairy Tail

Notices

Old 2010-01-11, 14:15   Link #2301
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Gildarts mentioned something about a dragon being able to make it. So it looks like the DS is part of the dragon's reproductive cycle, and Natsu will one day turn into a dragon.

It's also possible the cat's involved.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-11, 14:29   Link #2302
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Gildarts mentioned something about a dragon being able to make it. So it looks like the DS is part of the dragon's reproductive cycle, and Natsu will one day turn into a dragon.

It's also possible the cat's involved.
reproductive cycle sounds good, another possiblity is that they created dragonslayers for the purpose of well... slaying dragons for they maybe predicted themselves to become a menace to humans so they created something taht could deal with them once they go out of control, just speculation, but would make for great drama: Natsu vs Igneel with the former having to kill his father-figure to save his friends...
Waven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-11, 15:04   Link #2303
Kafriel
Senior Guest

A better twist would be dragons becoming corrupt, having created their DS back when they were good, and now mocking the imitations of a dragon that stand before them while they fight to the death. Very harsh and too dark for FT though
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-11, 15:06   Link #2304
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
A better twist would be dragons becoming corrupt, having created their DS back when they were good, and now mocking the imitations of a dragon that stand before them while they fight to the death. Very harsh and too dark for FT though
read the chpts regarding the dragon, that totally won't fit.
Old 2010-01-11, 15:07   Link #2305
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Which chapters, there are a few scattered literally over the three edges of the FT world.
Old 2010-01-11, 15:11   Link #2306
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Which chapters, there are a few scattered literally over the three edges of the FT world.
don't have the exact chpt# but it s right after the Geard/Tower of Paradise arc.

there was a little talk between Grandine (Wendy's dragon) and Igneel.
Old 2010-01-11, 15:14   Link #2307
Miles Teg

Mishima explain at the end of volume 8 that the true meaning of the "Dragon Slayer" magic has been lost with time and that nobody know the truth behind this type of magic (the reason why Ruby explanation is partially false). So in the end what I wanted to say is that the relation Dragon Slayers -> Slaying Dragon shouldn't be made that easily
Miles Teg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-11, 15:32   Link #2308
Kafriel
Senior Guest

@ Xelios, found it: ch.101-the red land in frenzy. You're right, Grandine sounds pretty normal, although Igneel sure seems pissed off. In the same chapter, Igneel said:
Quote:
All that is left for us is to believe in the humans' own power...and Zeref...well, let's leave that for now.
which I could translate into 3 different scenarios, but since they're too crack, I'll wait a few chapters before speculating on that
Old 2010-01-11, 16:04   Link #2309
Foreshadow
Nyaa~

DS Does change various parts of the body into Dragon's body parts (or replicates them) doesn't it?

There has to be some sort of limit on the body before it can't transform back anymore.

Anyway, I'm just glad the arc for dragons is starting up.
Foreshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-11, 16:22   Link #2310
Cinocard

Calling it the dragon arc is not very fitting. More like the story is over the introductory part and finally gets down to the main business. This "dragon arc" I believe will span out the rest of the manga, and before long we will also encounter zeref and...Gerard again.

Now, what kind of connection is between Zeref and the dragons? This is probably the biggest question to the manga right now.
Cinocard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-11, 16:23   Link #2311
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

You know, if the cats really are part of it, I wonder - where is Gazille's?

Also, would it be possible for Natsu to turn into an aetherion dragon instead of a fire dragon?
Old 2010-01-11, 16:31   Link #2312
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post

Also, would it be possible for Natsu to turn into an aetherion dragon instead of a fire dragon?
are we sure Igneel is a fire dragon and Natsu was learning fire dragon slaying magic?

Fire is basically just energy, Etherion, fire, lighting are all basically different shades of the same thing, Energy.

just something to think about.
Old 2010-01-11, 16:40   Link #2313
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Well, I remember having a lost argument about mages using only one type of spells, although this is ancient magic, so probably very complicated to learn. As for the dragon's elemental affinities, it IS possible that they are of opposite or irrelevant attributes (Grandine sounds more like earth than wind to me).
Quote:
Very good question, maybe he'll get a chapter or two on that.
Quote:
More like the story is over the introductory part and finally gets down to the main business.
More like this is the introduction to a string of arcs revolving around the main story.
Quote:
Now, what kind of connection is between Zeref and the dragons? This is probably the biggest question to the manga right now.
Zeref seems just too far away, I'd ponder on Lucy's mother and her actions (after all we've seen her father and she's been getting a lot of attention)...an encounter with Urtear would also be good to trigger the next arc.
Old 2010-01-11, 17:05   Link #2314
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
are we sure Igneel is a fire dragon and Natsu was learning fire dragon slaying magic?

Fire is basically just energy, Etherion, fire, lighting are all basically different shades of the same thing, Energy.

And metal is matter, matter is energy, therefore Gazille can turn into an energy dragon. (Fire's actually a chemical reaction, though I suppose Igneel could be some kind of heat dragon. Electricity's hm... part of a fundamental force. Are there going to be a Strong Force and a Weak Force dragon? Gravity Dragon (aka Earth Dragon, or possibly Darkness Dragon) seems too likely for me to joke about, somehow.)

Quote:
Well, I remember having a lost argument about mages using only one type of spells, although this is ancient magic, so probably very complicated to learn. As for the dragon's elemental affinities, it IS possible that they are of opposite or irrelevant attributes (Grandine sounds more like earth than wind to me).
I think Grandine's a fine name for a Sky Dragon. Igneel and Metallica certainly fit fire and metal, too.
Old 2010-01-11, 17:24   Link #2315
Kafriel
Senior Guest

There's already a black dragon at hand...and one could say that Gildartz manipulates bonds between matter to crush or rip something apart, much like a gravity dragon slayer. Can't see him drinking teaspoons of black holes though (dark matter is still an option if you're optimistic enough^^).
Old 2010-01-11, 18:15   Link #2316
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post

Don't think it was offically stated anywhere that Igneel is a fire dragon but if Mashima sticks to form with his love of the elements themes and given what we've seen so far, I'd take a guess that he is a fire dragon and Natsu was learning fire DS magic.
Old 2010-01-11, 20:00   Link #2317
BlueDo

Gildartz is a pretty cool guy.
I like nice people.
BlueDo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-11, 23:02   Link #2318
iceyfw

finally a chapter that reveals more important information about the dragons and i guess even gildarts knew lisa(?) had a thing for natsu

and now to wait another year for more juicy stuff to pop out):

also wondering who is "porisika" and what seems like a "prophecy" that this person left to the old man.

i really do hope mashima doesn't give us another arc that is unrelated to what's going on now.. well he probably might. send natsu and "party" for more information but something else happens along the way /sigh

Last edited by iceyfw; 2010-01-11 at 23:13.
iceyfw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-12, 00:03   Link #2319
Krono

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcExAlcHeMy View Post
finally a chapter that reveals more important information about the dragons and i guess even gildarts knew lisa(?) had a thing for natsu

and now to wait another year for more juicy stuff to pop out):

also wondering who is "porisika" and what seems like a "prophecy" that this person left to the old man.

i really do hope mashima doesn't give us another arc that is unrelated to what's going on now.. well he probably might. send natsu and "party" for more information but something else happens along the way /sigh
Porisika would likely be the translator screwing up, probably due to haste. Here's who they're probably talking about:

http://fairytail.wikia.com/wiki/Porlyusica
Krono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-12, 00:04   Link #2320
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
here's my wild theory: is it possible that Zeref is/was the DS for this black dragon? We can assume that DS are weaker than the actual dragons, and we know that Gildartz is insanely strong... and this black dragon still was more than a match for him. We also know that Zeref is considered to be the strongest and evilest mage in recent history... and since black is often associated with evil, I wonder if that could be a connection?

and another random thought, though this is probably too dark for this manga: maybe Natsu is always looking for a fight or doing this dangerous stuff in order to cover for pain that Lisana's death caused... and eventually it just ended up becoming a habit?

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Magin is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, adventure, fantasy, shounen