AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2013-01-09, 15:23   Link #5141
IkuzeMinna
Shall we?

Quote:
Originally Posted by anchois View Post
This month, we again return to the past for a Katerina-Sabrina story.

Sabrina takes the name of her younger sister Katerina and becomes queen. By her husband Eric, she gives birth to the princess <Katereena>(1).

Sabrina's younger sister, the real Katerina, takes the name Six(2) Merquise and uses Wyvern to rescue Heero Yuy (the first) just before his public execution. Jay Null joins Sherwood Forest.
Thanks for the translation. So we're back to meowing robots and "Somewhere over the rainbow." And people prancing around in tights and shooting arrows from their bows.
On one hand that's good news for me, because I honestly enjoy the hilarity Sumizawa comes up for the Peacecraft sisters. On the other hand, I have to keep myself from groaning that Sumizawa wrecks the story's flow yet again by cramming flashback chapters where they don't belong. That reminds me, why is Heero Yuy being executed anyway? Or rather, what did he do this time?

On a side note, Eric Shergold is grossing me out. Not only is the guy old enough to be Sabrina's father, he had the hots for her when she wasn't even an adult yet. That's a huge no-no in my book. >_>
I don't remember, was Sabrina legal when they married?

Quote:
1)Sabrina's sister/Sabrina's false name = カテリナ (katerina). Sabrina's daughter (Relena's mother) = カテリーナ (kateriina). The difference is that the third vowel is more drawn-out in the daughter's name. Katerina versus Kateriiiiiiiina.
Huh. The カテリナ / カテリーナ thing might be the reason the dubbers named Relena's mother Katrina instead of Katerina. So... Katerina for grand aunt and Katrina for mom?

I'm also amused that the possibility that Heero and Relena are cousins still hasn't been ruled out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Million Voices View Post
hello ^_^ *looks around*

[...]I ll need translations for the other parts - as my japanese isnt good enough to read it by myself.... *though i can look at the pictures and read a bit*

as for translations, as far as I ve read in this thread, deacon translates FT and Glory of the Losers.... I tried to find it, but I cant find the site where you post it/upload it to...
Hey there. As far as translations are concerned that go past the site you posted, I'm afraid to tell you, you're sadly out of luck. Thanks to Deacon we have summaries of the chapters and some bits of his translation are thrown here and there in this thread, but there are no full, clean translations.
I'm afraid you'll have to wade through this thread, or at least through Deacon's posts, if you want to read those snippets.

By the way, I've started rewatching Wing (can't believe it's been at least a year since I last saw it) and I have to say, I severely dislike Heero in the first five episodes. He's like his loathsome GW manga counterpart.
In EW the creators go on and on about how he doesn't want to kill more people, what with the flashback of the little girl and the stuff he says to Wu Fei (and then there's also the whole Noventa debacle), yet in the first episode of the series he has no qualms whatsoever blasting a civilian shuttle out of his way. Like, for no reason, other than to avoid hitting the brakes. Never mind the psychotic laughter that never made any sense to me, when he fries someone.

I dunno, it feels as though the creators were still developing his character in the beginning and somewhere after episode 5 they decided to drop the craziness (which is the best thing they could have done, quite frankly). After all, it never resurfaces; even when under Epyon's influence, Heero doesn't act that crazy.

I'm kinda surprised the fandumb managed to completely ignore initial Heero being, while badass, a looney jerk, instead declaring its undying hatred for a fictional character (who's actually one of the nicest characters in the show), just because the creators gave her a pink limo and were stoned when they made her yell from that cliff...

EDIT: I forgot, chapter 19 (rhapsody III) of FT is available in Chinese. Anyone unable to speak the language can give it a go with Google.

Last edited by IkuzeMinna; 2013-01-09 at 15:30. Reason: link added
IkuzeMinna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-09, 17:07   Link #5142
FalsePrime

Quote:
Originally Posted by IkuzeMinna View Post
Thanks for the translation. So we're back to meowing robots and "Somewhere over the rainbow." And people prancing around in tights and shooting arrows from their bows.
On one hand that's good news for me, because I honestly enjoy the hilarity Sumizawa comes up for the Peacecraft sisters. On the other hand, I have to keep myself from groaning that Sumizawa wrecks the story's flow yet again by cramming flashback chapters where they don't belong. That reminds me, why is Heero Yuy being executed anyway? Or rather, what did he do this time?

On a side note, Eric Shergold is grossing me out. Not only is the guy old enough to be Sabrina's father, he had the hots for her when she wasn't even an adult yet. That's a huge no-no in my book. >_>
I don't remember, was Sabrina legal when they married?

Huh. The カテリナ / カテリーナ thing might be the reason the dubbers named Relena's mother Katrina instead of Katerina. So... Katerina for grand aunt and Katrina for mom?

I'm also amused that the possibility that Heero and Relena are cousins still hasn't been ruled out.

Hey there. As far as translations are concerned that go past the site you posted, I'm afraid to tell you, you're sadly out of luck. Thanks to Deacon we have summaries of the chapters and some bits of his translation are thrown here and there in this thread, but there are no full, clean translations.
I'm afraid you'll have to wade through this thread, or at least through Deacon's posts, if you want to read those snippets.

By the way, I've started rewatching Wing (can't believe it's been at least a year since I last saw it) and I have to say, I severely dislike Heero in the first five episodes. He's like his loathsome GW manga counterpart.
In EW the creators go on and on about how he doesn't want to kill more people, what with the flashback of the little girl and the stuff he says to Wu Fei (and then there's also the whole Noventa debacle), yet in the first episode of the series he has no qualms whatsoever blasting a civilian shuttle out of his way. Like, for no reason, other than to avoid hitting the brakes. Never mind the psychotic laughter that never made any sense to me, when he fries someone.

I dunno, it feels as though the creators were still developing his character in the beginning and somewhere after episode 5 they decided to drop the craziness (which is the best thing they could have done, quite frankly). After all, it never resurfaces; even when under Epyon's influence, Heero doesn't act that crazy.

I'm kinda surprised the fandumb managed to completely ignore initial Heero being, while badass, a looney jerk, instead declaring its undying hatred for a fictional character (who's actually one of the nicest characters in the show), just because the creators gave her a pink limo and were stoned when they made her yell from that cliff...

EDIT: I forgot, chapter 19 (rhapsody III) of FT is available in Chinese. Anyone unable to speak the language can give it a go with Google.
Can't really disagree with this more.

Heero at the start is when he is at his best because that is when he is the most unique. The fact is at the start he really is a damn lunatic and the sets him apart from every other Gundam lead.

It gave us a glimpse of what it would be like to have a Gundam show with someone truly sadistic actually being trained and having the power of one of these types of machines. Not only that but it fit his back story of someone who was trained in every way to be a solider but not a leader or even a nice human being.

I do agree that the Wing Fan base choose weirdly to hate a character who wanted to help bring people together, but the single worst thing to happen Wing was instead of make the show bleak and allowing a character to be insane and dark is one of the biggest missed chances in Gundam.

I'm just glad that things like SRW have kept Crazy! Heero alive, and that the insane laughter actually became one of his trademarks that the still use even in the latest games.
FalsePrime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-09, 19:31   Link #5143
IkuzeMinna
Shall we?

Hmm, I've never thought of it that way. Can't say whether I'd like it or not, because it would deviate greatly from what GW currently is if the creators really made Heero as insane and sadistic... The whole show would need to be a lot darker, to not make him stick out like a sore thumb. Otherwise I can't see it working.
But yeah, it'd be interesting to see. Definitely a better idea than crossing Gundam with Bakugan. Though I wonder if that wouldn't breach Neon Genesis territory..?

Eh, as long as they'd stick with it, it'd be fine. As things are right now, I get annoyed at crazy!Heero because it's inconsistent with his later character. Either go for full-on madness or keep him "bleak" as you put it. Not both (though I do like bleak!Heero).
IkuzeMinna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-10, 12:52   Link #5144
DuoRanger
Banned

Quote:
Hmm, I've never thought of it that way. Can't say whether I'd like it or not, because it would deviate greatly from what GW currently is if the creators really made Heero as insane and sadistic... The whole show would need to be a lot darker, to not make him stick out like a sore thumb. Otherwise I can't see it working.
But yeah, it'd be interesting to see. Definitely a better idea than crossing Gundam with Bakugan. Though I wonder if that wouldn't breach Neon Genesis territory..?

Eh, as long as they'd stick with it, it'd be fine. As things are right now, I get annoyed at crazy!Heero because it's inconsistent with his later character. Either go for full-on madness or keep him "bleak" as you put it. Not both (though I do like bleak!Heero).
well there's a good Wing/Eva Xover in progress called teardrops of the angel
DuoRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-11, 23:01   Link #5145
Eeni

And just because I thought a few retinas needed some jarring... Dok S looks kinnda cute now that you think about it
^_^

I don't think I've ever seen so much nonsense in so little space. -FalsePrime

Stone Age man attempted to draw movement on cave walls by drawing mammoths with multiple legs. The artists worked until their eyes went bad, they got no pay, no credit, and they were eventually eaten by wild animals. Animation was born! - Tom Sito

And as the Black Beast lurched forward, escape for Arthur and his knights seemed hopeless, when suddenly, the animator suffered a fatal heart attack! The cartoon peril was no more. The quest for the Holy Grail could continue. - Monty Python and the Holy Grail
Eeni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-12, 07:17   Link #5146
Elo the Blue
Mama there goes that man!

Quote:

Talking about his flashback in EW, remember the conversation between Dekim and Doctor J where the former said that Heero be retrained and that their weapon didn't need human emotions like kindness. Even though J wasn't fully on board with the Barton's plan, it wouldn't be unreasonable to think he tried to bury Heero's emotions.

It's only after a few encounters with Relena that he starts to regain his humanity.
Old 2013-01-14, 19:11   Link #5147
susyia

Can someone understand what they saying? please?

susyia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-14, 22:01   Link #5148
225megan

Quote:
Originally Posted by susyia View Post
Can someone understand what they saying? please?

Ah! The pictures are too small so I cannot make out the kanji! Can You please readjust the images size to make them bigger, or provide me with another link that has the full image size? Then I could help out with the translations

I'm new to this thread so can you guys fill me in....
is there ONE place online where I can read the entire FT manga ( from the 1st volume to the current issue ) in Japanese?
225megan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-16, 02:41   Link #5149
Eeni

Quote:
Originally Posted by 225megan View Post
Ah! The pictures are too small so I cannot make out the kanji! Can You please readjust the images size to make them bigger, or provide me with another link that has the full image size? Then I could help out with the translations

I'm new to this thread so can you guys fill me in....
is there ONE place online where I can read the entire FT manga ( from the 1st volume to the current issue ) in Japanese?
A wild translator has appeared!

I have scans of the prologue (maybe chapter 1), but i'm not sure where to go to find all of FT. I wounded how far into reading it you'll get before wanting to fling your computer against a wall..?

I don't think I've ever seen so much nonsense in so little space. -FalsePrime

Stone Age man attempted to draw movement on cave walls by drawing mammoths with multiple legs. The artists worked until their eyes went bad, they got no pay, no credit, and they were eventually eaten by wild animals. Animation was born! - Tom Sito

And as the Black Beast lurched forward, escape for Arthur and his knights seemed hopeless, when suddenly, the animator suffered a fatal heart attack! The cartoon peril was no more. The quest for the Holy Grail could continue. - Monty Python and the Holy Grail
Eeni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-16, 13:28   Link #5150
susyia

the links are here i don't know how to make then bigger.....
http://www.oocities.org/sailorspazz/gundam/d-ew1.jpg

http://www.oocities.org/sailorspazz/gundam/d-ew2.jpg

http://www.oocities.org/sailorspazz/gundam/d-ew3.jpg
Old 2013-01-16, 17:35   Link #5151
Deacon Blues
Supreme Grocer
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to Deacon Blues Send a message via MSN to Deacon Blues
So there's something I should mention, which I don't think was ever addressed in the novelization of Endless Waltz (I think). I'm specifically referring to the end of the Gundam Wing novelization (which inadvertently Tokita must have followed for his Wing manga adaptation). Basically it's as follows:

- Relena receives a letter from a certain someone.
- She reads it, pales then starts running.
- Letter basically states that the Gundam pilots know nothing but how to fight and can't adapt to the new world and that the only way they can continue living is through battle. The red planet awaits them and that 'he' plans to lose himself in this new fight, a fight that isn't to kill but to stay alive.

- Relena sees the five boarding the shuttle, she yells out to deliver it in person and swears Heero mutters 'wait for me'.

Quote:
Time passes. Even now, the six Gundams that symbolize peace remain, scattered throughout the world with words applauding their pilots.

Wing is in the Asia area.
Deathscythe Hell is in an L2 colony.
Heavyarms is in Europe.
Sandrock is in the Middle East.
Altron is in an L5 colony.
Wing Zero is in an L4 colony.
However, to this day, not even the remains of the last unit, the Epyon, were ever discovered.
Alas Sumizawa wasn't responsible for it... Sou Kamishiro was :P
そして、戦っている人間が汚れて見えないのも事実だ」

So why do people fight, anyway?
Perhaps the meaning of existence lies within their will to fight.
People feel a sense of accomplishment through battle.
And it’s also a fact that the ones actually fighting are never perceived as being tainted.
Deacon Blues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-16, 20:25   Link #5152
FalsePrime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deacon Blues View Post
So there's something I should mention, which I don't think was ever addressed in the novelization of Endless Waltz (I think). I'm specifically referring to the end of the Gundam Wing novelization (which inadvertently Tokita must have followed for his Wing manga adaptation). Basically it's as follows:

- Relena receives a letter from a certain someone.
- She reads it, pales then starts running.
- Letter basically states that the Gundam pilots know nothing but how to fight and can't adapt to the new world and that the only way they can continue living is through battle. The red planet awaits them and that 'he' plans to lose himself in this new fight, a fight that isn't to kill but to stay alive.

- Relena sees the five boarding the shuttle, she yells out to deliver it in person and swears Heero mutters 'wait for me'.

Alas Sumizawa wasn't responsible for it... Sou Kamishiro was :P
Eh, well I will say it's not as bad as the retarded as hell no mobile suits were ever seen again at the end of EW, but still this isn't that great and I'm kinda happy that it just seemed to be ignored.
Old 2013-01-16, 20:33   Link #5153
susyia

so the end of the manga/ anime is diferent to the novel...
there are significant differences between the anime and the novel?
has someone the vol 4 and 5 of the novel? in japanese?
Old 2013-01-17, 00:00   Link #5154
Deacon Blues
Supreme Grocer
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to Deacon Blues Send a message via MSN to Deacon Blues
Oh and they're going to Mars BTW. Soooo yeah, following the novel cancels out all the sidestory material and what not.
そして、戦っている人間が汚れて見えないのも事実だ」

So why do people fight, anyway?
Perhaps the meaning of existence lies within their will to fight.
People feel a sense of accomplishment through battle.
And it’s also a fact that the ones actually fighting are never perceived as being tainted.
Deacon Blues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-17, 09:33   Link #5155
gordol
Banned

Now Altron ver. EW has the tail beam cannon from the Okawara design.

Looks like Katoki now regrets reducing the Gundam's armaments drastically. Too late.
gordol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-17, 09:48   Link #5156
DuoRanger
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deacon Blues View Post
Oh and they're going to Mars BTW. Soooo yeah, following the novel cancels out all the sidestory material and what not.
isn't worse than C.S.Gotohell and Christie golden ending for the OVA
DuoRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-17, 12:02   Link #5157
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by gordol View Post

Looks like Katoki now regrets reducing the Gundam's armaments drastically. Too late.
It also looks like it has the wings.
Old 2013-01-17, 17:34   Link #5158
FalsePrime

Quote:
Originally Posted by gordol View Post

Got to say apart of me is really happy that he has gone back and changed things up. I do hope that when we see Altron EW in model form it will have the added parts.

Granted things like Tempest Lance and the armor effects didn't, but we did get the TV added Shield and Knife for Heavyarms so anything could happen at this point.

This does however make Promethus' reveal stand out even more. Had they gone iwithe Heavyarms or Kai they could have had 4 of the 5 lines repped on the cover in their Endless Waltz forms but for some reason skipped Heavyarms Kai and went straight for Pro.
Old 2013-01-20, 17:47   Link #5159
225megan

Quote:
Originally Posted by susyia View Post
so the end of the manga/ anime is diferent to the novel...
there are significant differences between the anime and the novel?
has someone the vol 4 and 5 of the novel? in japanese?
Yeah, The GW manga(s)are completely different from the anime. I was shocked to see how much the actual story portrayed in the anime was changed. Reading the manga helped clarify a couple of scenes in GW and helped me understand the characters better.
225megan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-23, 11:39   Link #5160
Destined_Fate

Wait, they spared Wing instead of just dropping it completely?

Always loved the Original Wing, it was a real shame it was regulated to fodder once Mobile Dolls started becoming the rising stars.

It makes sense that the armaments were less than stellar on all of the Gundams BUT the Altron. They were being sent for destruction, Altron is the only one that has no excuse for losing weaponry.

Though they never explained how Heavy Arms Kai EW ended up with a ton more dakka dakka compared to everyone else and its old version.
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
frozen teardrop, glory of the losers, gundam wing