Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2012-11-04, 17:10   Link #441
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghanw View Post
Despite the fact i read all the chapters so far, i cant tell who does mor like
Mor likes Alibaba. That's crystal clear. She gets jealous when he's around some other girl. She gets really really happy when he praises her, etc. It's pretty obvious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghanw View Post
but is there going to be any in the future?
Hakuryu said he'd come back for her later on so....
Old 2012-11-04, 17:33   Link #442
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

MARVEL! I found it after much searching...Chapter 117 Page 3/4 (The Magician bad affinity with Djinn explanation).

And yea...Mor seems to have a nice crush on Alibaba.
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-04, 17:38   Link #443
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
If that's true, I probably missed that fact while I marathoned the chapters. Otherwise, I don't see any reason why they COULDN'T conquer them.... I'd wager that it would depend on how compatible the mage and djinn are with each other (though after reading Randrak's post, I really have to look back at the chapter where the relationship between mages and djinn are explained.....).

Sorry guys, but I find Hakuryuu a LOT more likeable than Sasuke despite them both being similar "avenger" type characters. For one thing, I actually like that he had the balls to confess to Mor the way he did, and more importantly..... I find his hissy fits to be a heck of a lot more entertaining than Sasuke's by far!
Well of course he's far better than Sasuke.....that one's just a class of it's own

Mor vs Kougyoku for Alibaba ?
Old 2012-11-04, 17:48   Link #444
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
Mor vs Kougyoku for Alibaba ?
Kougyoku seems pretty much head over heels for Sinbad.

On that note...I wonder if Aladdin will ever get any romantic interest...I know he's still a little kid (should be what, around 11 years old by now?) but it would be cute if he did.

And after blitzing through the chapters to find the whole Djinn and Magicians thing an idea popped into my mind...
I wonder if Sinbad because enemies with Aladdin and Co. (which may happen since I seriously cannot trust the man) how will his generals deal with fighting them? Mainly the three masters versus the three students...they got really close to the kids (especially Yamu and Aladdin) and I'd really love to see them struggle between having to fight them and not wanting to hurt them.
Old 2012-11-04, 17:56   Link #445
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

She's gotten over Sinbad at the end I think....and also, Sinbad doesn't look the type to end up with a girl.

Unless she's going to be the one to save him after he falls into blackness if it goes that way in the end
Old 2012-11-04, 18:00   Link #446
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Well Sinbad may have hidden agenda. I doubt he will fight Aladdin.

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-04, 18:02   Link #447
Ghanw
(-_-)

@Kazu-kun thank you i am not very good at picking out who likes who unless its stated, is this what people dense? I dont know apparently my friends says i am.
I dont think sinbad would fight Aladdin yet but probably in the future, when it comes it will be big
Edit Do you think Aladdin will fight the academy on the society or Aladdin will try to persuade Dumbledore that not all goi are bad?

Last edited by Ghanw; 2012-11-04 at 18:16.
Ghanw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-04, 18:12   Link #448
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
She's gotten over Sinbad at the end I think....
She just put herself together enough to leave Sindria, but I don't think she really got over him, not yet at least.
Old 2012-11-04, 18:17   Link #449
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
She just put herself together enough to leave Sindria, but I don't think she really got over him, not yet at least.
Especially not now that Sinbad put that Inception thing in her head.
Old 2012-11-04, 18:18   Link #450
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
Especially not now that Sinbad put that Inception thing in her head.
Well, that too.
Old 2012-11-04, 18:18   Link #451
Awrya
U mad?

I think Sindbad was her first crush, not first love. Besides, seems like Zepar is capable of some form of mind control (Ch.146), so I expect her feelings for Sindbad to cool down once she finds out he tried to use her.
Old 2012-11-04, 18:22   Link #452
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awrya View Post
I think Sindbad was her first crush, not first love.
Well, depending on the manga, it might be the same thing. Romance isn't even that important in this series so...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awrya View Post
Besides, seems like Zepar is capable of some form of mind control (Ch.146), so I expect her feelings for Sindbad to cool down once she finds out he tried to use her.
That's a good point. Then again, maybe she'll side with him anyway. Maybe she'll even try to save him. You never know.
Old 2012-11-04, 18:42   Link #453
Netto Azure
→ Wandering Bard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kioras View Post
My prediction is a little different.

Spoiler:
This makes sense actually.

On the topic of the whole debate on whether being provided everything is a good thing or leads to people's (or in this case the "Goi") debasement...I would think that the argument for "people working towards a goal" whether it's food, shelter or personal improvement rears it's head. It's that issue of the Post-scarcity economy.

PokeCommuninity | Bulbagarden | Tumblr | MAL
Netto Azure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-04, 18:59   Link #454
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Honestly the only problems I see with the Fifth Class people are:

- While they are given food and medical care, they are treated no less than animals, put in a dark pit underground;
- They say that they can leave anytime but simple don't want to...however those that try to escape are not only executed but the rest of the people in the area are as well;
- The second generation (those born there) are basically stuck there without a choice and end up dying young;
- Those that run out of Magoi but are still alive are discarded like useless tools;
- The guards are a little too keen on killing Goi.

Take this away and it's really not that bad an idea...those that are too lazy, stupid or just incapable of working are put in a place where they become useful with just living. Not only that but while they do seem to grow weaker, the adults seem like they can handle the magoi drain rather well so their lives should not be at risk. It's giving those that won't or can't work a usefulness while fulfilling their needs, the problem comes from how they are treated.
To me the biggest problem is really the children who were born into that place and sine nobody can leave, they are stuck there and until they die with no way of ever going outside.

Another problem is pretty much the Magician mentality, it's pretty close to the whole Aryan thing the Nazi's had...as well as several other races across the real world. Thinking that one race is superior to another is one step to creating chaos.
Old 2012-11-04, 19:18   Link #455
marvelB

Quote:
MARVEL! I found it after much searching...Chapter 117 Page 3/4 (The Magician bad affinity with Djinn explanation).

Thanks, but I already found it shortly after I made that post.

Anyway, looking at Yamu's explanation, I think I can see a way to work around the bad affinity issue: Perhaps it is possible for mages to control a djinn that doesn't belong to them (like how Aladdin was able to control Ugo). But the problem with that method is that it'll most likely still be impossible for a mage to use Djinn Equip, but at least it's something......
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-04, 19:28   Link #456
Awrya
U mad?

Quote:

Anyway, looking at Yamu's explanation, I think I can see a way to work around the bad affinity issue: Perhaps it is possible for mages to control a djinn that doesn't belong to them (like how Aladdin was able to control Ugo). But the problem with that method is that it'll most likely still be impossible for a mage to use Djinn Equip, but at least it's something......
Well, that's basically the way to control a Djinn. If we take Amon as an example, magicians are capable of calling flames on the same level, but to really master the use of a djinn, they'd have to perform Djinn equip. Same with Zagan, that magician from a few chapters ago was able to create some plant creature, similar to how Hakuryuu uses Zagan.

So far most (if not all) Djinns specialize in one magic type, but a magicians strength is the ability to use a variety and combinations of different magic types depending on the situation to outsmart the opponent.
If they depend too much on one element and the enemy counters it, it'll be the same as Yamu against that dark metal user.
Old 2012-11-04, 19:38   Link #457
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

It's really the Magicians variety and ingenuity vs a Djinn's mastery and overwhelming power.

Not only that, but a Djinn by itself already seems to have a very strong body far surpassing humans (Ugo was an extreme example, but Paimon and Zagan seemed pretty damn fit). When someone uses Djinn Equip they basically gain a great level of mastery over their own type of magic PLUS they have their strong physic and martial arts at their disposal.

Without Bolg, Magicians would be totally screwed...
Old 2012-11-05, 01:28   Link #458
Rainrir
Tin Can

The key thing I want to express is that I think Hogwart's system is more humane than alot of the cattle slavery that happens in the world of Magi. Can the system be better? Definitely. Should it be improved? YES!...But did it improve things? Yeah, for most people involved compared to the past.

Quote:
While they are given food and medical care, they are treated no less than animals, put in a dark pit underground;
Not all Goi are treated like animals, the 4th class are full of goi who are productive. For the goi, Mogarett specifically said his goal is to ensure the goi do not try to vile for power again. This can explain alot as to why he keeps them underground. I think Mogarett's story showed him that people with lots of base desires (like the 5th...and the aristocrats of the old Kingdom) are also the most likely candidates that want to further their power even more to fulfill their desires (as opposed to Magicians and a lesser extent 4th level Goi who are the actual productive people). How true this can apply everywhere is debatable, but this perception certain explains the his version of "utopia".

There is also a practical aspect to this. Namely, it allows easy Magoi collection, but also because placing them underground is an easy protect the 5th level goi from the elements (Mogarett specifically said the 5th level goi are protected from winter).

Quote:
They say that they can leave anytime but simple don't want to...however those that try to escape are not only executed but the rest of the people in the area are as well;
Again, Mogarett says his goal is social control. I think we can see this as a combination push and pull factors to keep the 5th class goi down. The pull factors being the pretty comfortable life given to them, and the push factors being punishment for running away from the 5th (if you are assigned to be the 5th).

I reckon when Mogarett says "leave any time", he means that 5th level goi who want to make something of themselves as a 4th would have to prove that they have the capability to. Maybe it involves a test or trial of some type, until more is revealed it is hard to tell. However, even the 5th level goi know of a way to leave via becoming a scholar etc etc etc. You can't say the option isn't there or that it isn't made known to the 5th.

Quote:
The second generation (those born there) are basically stuck there without a choice and end up dying young;
Marga is the only young child we see that seems to be dying young, probably because she is born with little magoi. Mogarett says the magicians heal the 5th level goi of most diseases when they fall sick, but a natural lack of magoi is obvious something uncurable.

The 5th actually has a large number of young people, so they young cannot actually be dying at a very high rate. As evidence by Aladdin and co's initial encouters with younger memebers (who look like the are older teens or something) of the 5th. Mogarett, and the elder in the 5th, both said conditions are far better than they are under the old kingdom, Which is superficially true as there is more medical care and food and shelter from elements available. Assuming that Dunya was exiled about 10+ years ago, a good number of that group would have lived in the 5th since they are very small.

Quote:
Those that run out of Magoi but are still alive are discarded like useless tools.
I really would prefer if they have some respect for the dying. But I think it is not hard to think that there are more extremist young magicians that hate the Goi after seeing what happened to magicians in the old kingdom. I can draw analogues to young Chinese hating the post-war generatiosn of young Japanese for crimes commited years back by their ancestors. Or Jewish youths who still regard their Palestinian neighbours with great suspicion and fear, thanks to the historical perception some have of EVERYONE hating the Jews. Thing is, it is not always possible to weed out such thick-headed hatred, especially when a nation's story has a strong "we were the victims" angle to it (like Israel or China).

Not justifying this, but the actions of the extremist magicians till don't make them make it necessarily worse than alot of people in the Magi world. Where sick slaves are fed to Heynas and Captured Slave women are used as breeding stock for more slaves.

Quote:
The guards are a little too keen on killing Goi.
Same as above. After all, a natural lack of magoi is not exactly curable and the person who falls is likely to die anyway. In a very perverse sense, you can say it is a kind of mercy to relive them of their suffering (though it is STILL wrong to think and act like that, especially if the person still wants to continue living..).

Quote:
Another problem is pretty much the Magician mentality, it's pretty close to the whole Aryan thing the Nazi's had...as well as several other races across the real world. Thinking that one race is superior to another is one step to creating chaos.
There is a racist (or rather speciest, if the magician are indeed a seperate species, which I doubt) angle to this view. However, I don't think it is necessarily apt to compare it to Nazism. The Magicians are not out there to destroy the Goi, or ship them somewhere out of sight permanently. The better analogue is European Colonialism. The idea that the group (in this case the magicians) have a duty and a right to "civilize" and forge "progress"on to the inferior groups of people (in this case the Goi).

Last edited by Rainrir; 2012-11-05 at 01:44.
Rainrir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-05, 01:54   Link #459
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~

i got around to reading the first60 chapters lastnight , i wish they stopped this slave crap its so depressing, the characters are great the comedy is awesome, i almost spat coffee all over my laptop when mor was on the ceiling of alibabas room ^^
Old 2012-11-05, 07:41   Link #460
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:

Aladdin is special....you can't use Magi to compare with mages

As for mage vs Djinn users....it seems that mages have an edge only in the lower levels. Any of the key cast Djinn users seem too crushingly powerful for a human mage.

Tags
fantasy, licensed, manga, shounen