AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Shana

Notices

Old 2009-04-15, 21:44   Link #721
Raiga
tl;dr

It does, especially the first half of the season. To its detriment, some people will tell you (like me) but if that's what you're looking for...
Old 2009-04-18, 20:41   Link #722
theorys
Astral Traveller

Shakugan no Shana Third Season discussion

I'm not the one to start a rumor. But here's my THEORY:

October 6, 2005 and March 23, 2006 was Season 1
October 5, 2007 and March 28, 2008 was Season 2

(So maybe October 5,6 2009 = Shakugan no Shana 3?)

But...

it's only a guess
theorys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-19, 10:59   Link #723
Ryuou
進む道は武士道のみ

Location: Dying to get back to Japan (but currently near Chicago)
I was also thinking it may start in October this year based off of previous air dates. We’ll have to wait and see though. As we get closer more and more info should trickle out.

I wonder what they're going to do with the 3rd season though (hopefully redeem the series a bit). They kind of passed up on the opportunity to make something important happen, so hmm...I guess they'll just make something up. They seem to prefer it that way.
Ryuou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-25, 14:41   Link #724
KimmyChan

A third series of Shana would be totally amazing!

Although I still as of yet gotta start watching the second series, and FAST, lol!
KimmyChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-29, 06:13   Link #725
Seitsuki
Onee!

the first season was better i think, just like with code geass.
still as long as the series doesnt deteriorate like ZnT (ah wth the light novels were way better from the beginning) a third season would be very welcome
Old 2009-04-29, 06:16   Link #726
KimmyChan

The only way I can start watching the second series at the minute is from somewhere online

Last edited by KimmyChan; 2009-04-30 at 05:19.
Old 2009-04-29, 19:24   Link #727
Ryuou
進む道は武士道のみ

I don't think you should feel so guilty about doing that if you still plan on buying the DVDs. Although honestly, watching the second season may make you not want to.
Old 2009-04-30, 05:20   Link #728
KimmyChan

Oh no no no, I don't feel guilty in doing so whatsoever, as I think it'd be the best way
Old 2009-04-30, 06:01   Link #729
Seitsuki
Onee!

kinda like "try before you buy"? dvds are way too overpriced atm anyway. i thought we were supposed to be in an "economic depression" :P
Old 2009-04-30, 06:22   Link #730
KimmyChan

Besides, I don't have a clue as to when the second series of Shana will be getting released onto DVD over here anyway, if not at all, and Im sure hoping that isn't the case
Old 2009-04-30, 19:01   Link #731
Dr. Casey

Yeah, I'm pretty much done with the second series (I'm on episode 23). And I don't know if AnimeSuki has softened up towards the sequel or not, but seriously, I have no idea what people are talking about when they claim Shakugan II to be so inferior to the original. The action scenes are genuinely exciting unlike the original's, the slice of life segments were enjoyable, and Shana's relationship with Yuji was a lot more tender than it used to be. I liked how protective she was of him (Yeah, she risked her life to save him long before, but she still seems more consistently open about her feelings in Shana II; look at how much hostility she shows towards Pheles - saying they can only meet up if she doesn't hurt Yuji, brandishing her sword and threatening to kill Pheles if she does anything to harm Yuji, promising at the end of episode 15 that she won't ever let her get that close to Johan again), and the parts where Shana cries over Yuji in episode 15 is one of the best scenes in the series.

Do I have my complaints? Yeah, but they're minor. The slice of life stuff is the half of the series I prefer, but I admit the early parts were a bit unbalanced. It's just kind of... off for a story to virtually change genres. There were some parts where Shana's change in character was a little hard to believe... it's nothing that I can't accept, but considering her previous asocial nature and not wanting to expand beyond a few close relationships, there's some parts (Such as the Seishuu Festival, merrily gallivanting around in a Dorothy outfit in front of hundreds of people, getting cozy with relative acquaintances like Tanaka, Ogata, Satou, etc) where she does seem a bit too much like a social butterfly. And even though this last point is my own problem moreso than the anime's... well, I like Shana's jealous, moody side. It was a bit sad to see her mature (Though it's infinitely better than Zero no Tsukaima's vapid regressions and inconsistencies, which I was thinking J.C. Staff might replicate with Shana - that "I'm just a Familiar" and "You're just a Familiar, I'm an aristocrat!" crap had no place past the first series).

I can see why people might be more fond of the original Shakugan no Shana than the second - it's a more tightly plotted story and has a wide number of good points - but I see no reason at all that the second should be so notorious.

So, is it just a rumor that Shakugan no Shana III begins this autumn?

EDIT: Never mind, I know the story now. 'That series everyone likes is coming back in the Fall.' Yeah. Sounds conclusive enough to me.

Last edited by Dr. Casey; 2009-04-30 at 19:58.
Dr. Casey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-01, 08:40   Link #732
KimmyChan

It'll probably take a while for the 3rd series to reach British shores here, just like the second series more than likely will aswell *Boo!*
Old 2009-05-02, 16:16   Link #733
Seitsuki
Onee!

imo the problem with season II was that the animation quality started to slide halfway through the series (starting from around the school festival i think). as the plot came from the light novels which no one has any problems with it's probably fine there.
@kimmychan: localisation ANYWHERE can take some time. you're not alone
Old 2009-05-02, 19:08   Link #734
Ryuou
進む道は武士道のみ

I'll have to wait until I rewatch it to give a fair criticism, but the problems I had with the second season is how they allotted time, things they did and some things they didn't do. Haha, so vague it can be applied to nearly every series.
Old 2009-05-03, 01:03   Link #735
KimmyChan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikita View Post
imo the problem with season II was that the animation quality started to slide halfway through the series (starting from around the school festival i think). as the plot came from the light novels which no one has any problems with it's probably fine there.
@kimmychan: localisation ANYWHERE can take some time. you're not alone
Thanks

And you're right about the animation quality aswell, I've noticed that from various clips so far myself
Old 2009-05-04, 04:27   Link #736
JesseDark
Anime Fanatic and Lover

Send a message via MSN to JesseDark
Aww i'm so jealous. I live in Australia and there is still no showings of any way i can get my hands on an english version of Shakugan no Shana II. I have purchased the first box set from madman.com.au but it has no mention of II ... and you lucky people are already looking forward to 3 . I Can't wait till my apprenticeship is over so i can come explore tokyo (for those of you who live there) and finally be given anime 24/7 instead of given anime *whenever i purchase another box set* lol.
JesseDark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-04, 18:02   Link #737
Seitsuki
Onee!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JesseDark View Post
Aww i'm so jealous. I live in Australia and there is still no showings of any way i can get my hands on an english version of Shakugan no Shana II. I have purchased the first box set from madman.com.au but it has no mention of II ... and you lucky people are already looking forward to 3 . I Can't wait till my apprenticeship is over so i can come explore tokyo (for those of you who live there) and finally be given anime 24/7 instead of given anime *whenever i purchase another box set* lol.
some advice: tokyo is crazy awesome to stay in but just crazy to live in :P still awesome tho (anime there however is JUST AS expensive if not more; your money is much better spent at their conventions or on stuff hard to find outside eg VNs/figures etc)
have you tried other sites? hlj is pretty cheap but don't have the same range as say playasia (tho their prices are insane >_>)
Old 2009-05-07, 18:02   Link #738
Seitsuki
Onee!

off the top of my head these are the sites i can think of (not sure about shipping though sorry)
http://www.hlj.com
http://www.jlist.com (some nsfw stuff)
http://www.play-asia.com
Old 2009-05-07, 21:49   Link #739
Ryuou
進む道は武士道のみ

Quote:
Originally Posted by JesseDark View Post
I am so keen to go to tokyo, not just for the anime, but for the culture (mostly the anime though :P)
Just to warn you, shopping for anime in Japan can easily bankrupt you. The prices are ridiculously high.
Old 2009-05-10, 03:38   Link #740
KimmyChan

I never thought I'd see the day when Shana anime & merchandise would end up being a lot more expensive in it's native Japan than what it is here in the UK....Wowza

Tags
action, adventure, comedy, drama, fantasy, j.c. staff, romance, sequel, shounen, supernatural