AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-01-13, 13:23   Link #221
Mentar
Banned

Hmm, "crazy"? To me she looks like someone who has tried to get together with Touya, lost against Yuki, but who still isn't able to separate herself from Touya. Meaning that even though you have "accepted" that you lost, you still want to spend as much time with your loved one as possible. This would also explain why Touya was initially slamming the door in her face - he's aware of Haruka's pursuit and not happy about it. At the same time, Haruka obviously had a traumatic experience, so Touya feels compelled to cut Haruka some slack out of friendship.

I mean, remember the very last scene. Haruka drives by Touya's apartment AGAIN, while he's talking to Rina...
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-13, 13:37   Link #222
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

Ep2 article is up:

[RIUVA] Trial Run: White Album, Episode 2

I didn't put as much effort as I probably could in this, sorry.
Ascaloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-13, 13:39   Link #223
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
Hmm, "crazy"? To me she looks like someone who has tried to get together with Touya, lost against Yuki, but who still isn't able to separate herself from Touya. Meaning that even though you have "accepted" that you lost, you still want to spend as much time with your loved one as possible. This would also explain why Touya was initially slamming the door in her face - he's aware of Haruka's pursuit and not happy about it. At the same time, Haruka obviously had a traumatic experience, so Touya feels compelled to cut Haruka some slack out of friendship.

I mean, remember the very last scene. Haruka drives by Touya's apartment AGAIN, while he's talking to Rina...
You're forgetting something --- there have been many times of 'crazy' characters over the past years, so when anyone sees another one they just label that them straight away without thinking. Yet again this is just to 80s for some people.

But yeah, you're on the ball regarding Haruka.
Old 2009-01-13, 14:07   Link #224
Blaat

I'm surprising myself by liking this as I normally don't like harems. Anyway I can't wait for the drama to unfold.
Blaat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-13, 14:10   Link #225
Julius Firefocht

NKDS review of Ep2 is up.

Link: http://nk-ds.org/2009/01/white-album...gin/#more-2100
Rightousness is our Shield, Faith our armour and Hatred our weapon.
Aye, we are indeed the Angels of Death.
~~~~~

Blog featuring anime, manga, seiyuus, tabletop wargames (WH40K) and everything in between: http://nk-ds.org/
Julius Firefocht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-13, 14:20   Link #226
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Don't you mean Misaki?
Yea thanks
Quote:

No, in every way to me she just looks like "a broken puppet".
Perhaps it was the shock of the past that broke her but she isn't "normal in the head" as far as I can see...just like how you ask someone out for a nightly jog but then use a bike (Reminds me of just how broke in the head Noe was too).
As for jumping right in there even though she knows that Touya isn't interested...well I don't actually think she is in denial but rather she doesn't comprehend "love". To me her attraction to him is more childlike and an affection you might have towards an older sibling (must be a thing due to her tragic past?). Her past personality sounds different from what she has become now.

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-13, 16:06   Link #227
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
Yea thanks

No, in every way to me she just looks like "a broken puppet".
Perhaps it was the shock of the past that broke her but she isn't "normal in the head" as far as I can see...just like how you ask someone out for a nightly jog but then use a bike (Reminds me of just how broke in the head Noe was too).
As for jumping right in there even though she knows that Touya isn't interested...well I don't actually think she is in denial but rather she doesn't comprehend "love". To me her attraction to him is more childlike and an affection you might have towards an older sibling (must be a thing due to her tragic past?). Her past personality sounds different from what she has become now.
I touched on that in my post too and im glad someone else spoke up on it. I agree with you DK i find her character interesting to a point i just want to know at this point in time what the hell makes the girl tick. She rarely shows emotion if ever and her speech is somewhat robotic and monotone like shes not quite all there. I cant tell if she actually interested in Touya or if hes just someone thats around for her to interact with. But I still find her interesting because shes an enigma. It is possible that she imprinting Touya with feelings of a big brother she hers was taking from her. This behavior is not unusual we often search alternatives to fill the void of something that we have lost.
Old 2009-01-13, 16:52   Link #228
SkoolRumble4Ya

Is there gonna be any cheating in this show?
SkoolRumble4Ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-13, 17:46   Link #229
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Just watch ep 2 :

Wow it turns like a harem ! Haruka , Misaki , Yuki , Rin ....
Haruka is .. hmmm .... special ....
Misaki acting like a sick ?
Yuki hmmm , well , are they a couple yet or not yet ??? If there are , what a couple
Rin ! Oh Rin ahah , she will stole Fuji lol !
It will be complicated later ...
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-13, 19:07   Link #230
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:

Touya isn't going along with Haruka just out of kindness of his heart...
Remember, they are life-long friends, knew each other since kindergarden. An osana-najimi.
He knows he can be somewhat rude to her and get away with it, because they grew up together and are so close to each other.

In a way, I would say, they are probably closer in bond than Touya is to his own girlfriend.
It's a classic "long time friend" vs "current romance" formula seen in billion romance stories.
Old 2009-01-13, 19:14   Link #231
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkoolRumble4Ya View Post
Is there gonna be any cheating in this show?
100% chance, I feel.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-13, 19:49   Link #232
Mei19
LOL'ing at t3h old bags

I'm pouring in my thoughts.

Touya is starting to emit Makoto vibes now. And it's just episode 2. The prick didn't even tell Misaki that his bestfriend made a cake for her and just claimed the points all to himself. When his bestfriend was earnestly explaining how he got the cake, he was shooting him off in his mind.

Friend: (babbles about the cake)
Inner Touya: Shut up.
Friend: (babbles again)

WTF? XD

I'm all for a nice boat. I can't wait till Touya becomes a complete lecher and get a bad ending His friend--what'shisface--is a better character than he is IMO.
Mei19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-13, 21:08   Link #233
animekritik

I think people are being a bit tough on Touya. If a super hot mega idol writes you a note saying: "tell me your phone number", you're gonna give it to her. As to the cake business, yeah, it's kinda mean but darn it, cheesecake boy has to learn to take matters into his own hands, or give up completely..
Old 2009-01-13, 21:42   Link #234
redbible

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Sho- View Post
Just watch ep 2 :

Wow it turns like a harem ! Haruka , Misaki , Yuki , Rin ....
Haruka is .. hmmm .... special ....
Misaki acting like a sick ?
Yuki hmmm , well , are they a couple yet or not yet ??? If there are , what a couple
Rin ! Oh Rin ahah , she will stole Fuji lol !
It will be complicated later ...
Rina not Rin.

Rina Ogata, Nana Mizuki, White Album.
Rin Ogata, Nana Mizuki, Ride Back.

A fine but great difference. Details. xDDD
redbible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-13, 21:59   Link #235
SageGaiGar
You are Next

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
100% chance, I feel.
Spoiler for MAD:

Sit back and enjoy the fireworks. And hopefully not a shipping war.

Then again I get a sense of schdenfreuden when it comes to shipping wars... so meh.

I'll likely keep watching this series irregardless.
SageGaiGar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-13, 23:30   Link #236
gonzo562

are toya and yuki a couple. They dont really seem like a couple

rina is hawt btw
gonzo562 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-13, 23:41   Link #237
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbible View Post
Rina not Rin.

Rina Ogata, Nana Mizuki, White Album.
Rin Ogata, Nana Mizuki, Ride Back.

A fine but great difference. Details. xDDD
did they do that on purpose, or its just coincident
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-14, 00:11   Link #238
Julius Firefocht

Quote:
Originally Posted by kk2extreme View Post
did they do that on purpose, or its just coincident
Probably just coincidence. No two production studios would knowingly cooperate with each other just to give a single seiyuu two roles with extremely similar names.
Rightousness is our Shield, Faith our armour and Hatred our weapon.
Aye, we are indeed the Angels of Death.
~~~~~

Blog featuring anime, manga, seiyuus, tabletop wargames (WH40K) and everything in between: http://nk-ds.org/
Julius Firefocht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-14, 01:43   Link #239
Mentar
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mei19 View Post
Touya is starting to emit Makoto vibes now. And it's just episode 2. The prick didn't even tell Misaki that his bestfriend made a cake for her and just claimed the points all to himself. When his bestfriend was earnestly explaining how he got the cake, he was shooting him off in his mind.

Friend: (babbles about the cake)
Friend: (babbles again)

WTF? XD
Er, no. Touya was actually trying to HELP Akira when he called up Misaki. He was trying to tell her that Akira baked a cake for her, but unfortunately, the cake never once got mentioned over the sickness talk.

And the "inner talk" was clearly from _Akira_, who was getting increasingly pissed about Touya's lecture about Akira's cake disaster.

Have a look at it once more
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-14, 01:51   Link #240
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

Ep 2

I'm still not convinced by this anime, and there are two reasons for that which are pretty closely linked.

The first is that I've yet to see something in these characters worth liking. The second is that I get the feeling this show is trying too hard to be the serious romance drama, with a bit of emphasis on the "serious" and massive amount of emphasis on the "drama". From a technical point of view, there's lots of overbearing music and and visual techniques which sort of imply that there's a lot of subtle detail that requires the audience to actively pay attention (because apparently that's how "good" anime approaches storytelling [insert skepticism here]) to fully appreciate it. Clannad and ef ~memories~ are a bit the same, but it's true that a lot of the meaningful stuff in those anime happens under the surface, so it's more rewarding to actively watch these shows, as opposed to passively watching them (if you can see what I'm saying). What's the pay off for actively watching White Album? Will it be an opportunity to better engage with the show's themes and appreciate its meaning? Or will it just be a chance to "enjoy" the dramatic cataclysm at the end? Because if it's the latter, there's no reward for watching the show actively, since you get the same result watching it passively.

My point is, is this serious, "mature" tone that the show is taking all smoke-and-mirrors, or is there going to be some meaning along the way in this journey? My great fear is that it'll be the former, and that the show will be about little more than the dire consequences of relationships gone wrong. What I'm trying to say is, if that happens (and that's still "if" at this stage), just because the show has a serious tone, and just because it uses a lot of ambitious storytelling techniques, if there's no meaning, and no sympathetic characters, then that doesn't make it any better than Kimi ga Nozomu Eien.

I'm worried about this anime, because at this stage it just looks to me that in its desire to be a "serious romance drama", it's putting too much emphasis on making characters that have issues, and not enough on making characters that are sympathetic.
Sorrow-K is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drama, eroge, romance, seinen