AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > K-On!

Notices

View Poll Results: K-On!! (Second Season) - Episode 5 Rating
Perfect 10 33 37.08%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 24 26.97%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 21 23.60%
7 out of 10 : Good 7 7.87%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 3.37%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 1.12%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 89. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2010-05-05, 03:41   Link #21
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

What really gets me at the end is when Yui and Ritsu start making their usual excuses to Azusa's "let's practice!", Mio is just sitting there sipping her tea; even she has no hint of wanting to exert herself. How far the formerly responsible has fallen.
Old 2010-05-05, 04:41   Link #22
krko
The Movie is Coming

Jun looking like Yui
Spoiler for huge pic:

My favorite ep so far, man kyoani been on a roll with these anime originals. Season 2 sure is beating S1 for me. Jun feels like Yui + Ritsu with reduced power levels. Looking forward to future Jun eps.

Other Highlights
-Lol at the imagine spot, Serious HTT and Kick the can club were funny
-Just like Yui, Ui loves cute things ("Jun-chan Kawaii!")
-As Jun indulges tries to absorb Mio's residuual coolness, Ui get her Onee-chan fix. Also Ritsu plans well.
-Crying Ui is cute
-Jun's freshmen look like throw-away characters, unlike class 3-2
-Azusa's cute when she gets her ego stoked
-That hand stretching thing is hard, looks like they're having the trouble with with same part as I am (Jun, your jokes are lame)
-Jun speaks K-On bu motto "You can never have too many sweets"
-What's with the forehead bumps this season, first it was Yui with the mic stand in the OVA, then its Yui and Mio, now its Azusa and Jun. Well its cute, so what.
-Jun really looks like Yui while sleeping, while Azusa looks like Konata
-Interesting how Yui takes the lead in Azusa imagine spots while Mio does in Jun.
-I seriously lol'd at that skull message. One week joke set-up success!
-Ui has Sharingan (and is cute)
-Seriously Azusa, Yui does one thing responsible and you go and forget about it.
-Nice jam session, pity they didn't show the hands (again). It's nice that hey Ui play the organ rather than the guitar, if only to stop her from copying Yui too much.
-Was waiting since last week's preview for that phone call from Yui
-See Yui and the other didn't forget you, Azusa. (This souvenir is better than the one from the manga which was just a guitar pick from Kyoto)

The preview: The return of meido Yui!!

On Jun joining the club: it just might be possible, especially since whoever the senior Jun admired will have graduated for sure next year.
Old 2010-05-05, 05:12   Link #23
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

Interesting side-story episode.

I haven't really gotten a feel for Jun yet. What I do know is that she definitely has the whole feel of the Light Music Club: lazy, loves sweets, sleeps a lot, lame jokes and good on the guitar. I see her leaving the Jazz Club for the LM club next year.

Text messages galore, more evidence that Yui and the team are having lotsa fun.

Ui seriously can't live without Yui. She's gonna have issues if Yui ever decides to truly grow up (which I guess is something that will never happen if Ui has anything to say about it). And is there anything she can't do? Guitars? No problem? Organ? Natural talent. Baseball? I'll manage. Must be a Hirasawa thing. Her crying was very touching. Looks like the relationship between the Hirasawa sisters goes very deep.

I was waiting for that phone call from Yui to Azusa.

Azusa with hair down = freakishly cute. The resemblance to both Mio and Konata are stunning.

I liked the matching souvenirs. Quite the heart-warming feeling I got from that.

Despite the filler parts, KyoAni seems to putting a LOT more effort in this season than last one, both in terms of comedy and character development. I hope they keep this up.
Old 2010-05-05, 05:33   Link #24
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascaloth View Post
What really gets me at the end is when Yui and Ritsu start making their usual excuses to Azusa's "let's practice!", Mio is just sitting there sipping her tea; even she has no hint of wanting to exert herself. How far the formerly responsible has fallen.
She's just listening to her more dominant love partner by not stepping in.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2010-05-05, 05:47   Link #25
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

I need this. I fucking need this. There are 3 things we can conclude from this episode:

1. Azusa looks so lady-like with her hair down. Yes Saintess I said it.

2. I thought I saw Nagisa a few times in this.

3. Jun's probably crazy.

These were the little slice-of-life bits season 1 could have really used if they decided not to have music-centric episodes. The three of them playing together in the K-On club room was a nice heartwarming scene.

And yes Azusa should start putting her hair down.
Old 2010-05-05, 06:18   Link #26
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
And yes Azusa should start putting her hair down.
She said so herself too......

Spoiler for big:

Sorry kitty. I think you still need to grow bigger hands and drink more milk.

And we caught Mugi putting on her yuri goggles......at a Mio "Don't rape me!" reaction towards Ritsu.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2010-05-05, 06:25   Link #27
Syntron
Shiny Hardware

/u/ is gonna have a field day with this...

Spoiler for goggles on full power!:

10/10
Old 2010-05-05, 06:28   Link #28
Friday
Im shy too...

a meloncholy episode......

Spoiler for and now:
Old 2010-05-05, 06:33   Link #29
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Azunyan : People always say I look like an anime figurine, so I hate it.

Why Azunyan? You are so cute!

However, her home dress makes her look like.......a 6 year old.

THE MOST MOE PART : Why the batting center...nyuup!

Old 2010-05-05, 08:35   Link #30
FENR1Sdesu
Chokinggu =A='

The jam session seems to be a premise to a "Juniors" character CD of sorts.

I think everyone was waiting on Yui's phone call to Azusa, but I forgot that it was in the last day (which was Sunday) at night.

Also I thought I saw either 2 Yui's an a Mio, or another Ritsu, Yui, and Mio. Azusa might as well be a dark-haired Konata, because she's way too short to be Mio XD.

Lastly:
Spoiler:
Old 2010-05-05, 08:41   Link #31
krko
The Movie is Coming

If Ui reacts like this due to a two day separation, I wonder what she'll do when Yui inevitably leaves for college.
Old 2010-05-05, 09:23   Link #32
yakumo-chan

my theory about Azusa having a new club members that acts exactly like mugi,ritsu and Yui might happen next year....

Ui = Mugi
Jun = Ritsu
Azusa = Mio
Random girl(Transferee) = Yui

Also... did you guys saw that there was a guy in this episode???

And I thought that Ui has got a crush on that baseball guy!!
Old 2010-05-05, 09:29   Link #33
kitten320

Finally saw subtitles! Really nice episode, not my favorite but still was good^^
Good to see that others got screen time too

Looks like next episode is manga based... now that has to be fun, can't wait

Wonder if they will animate the chapter which tells the story about how Mio and Ritsu became friends...
Old 2010-05-05, 09:35   Link #34
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Azunyan : People always say I look like an anime figurine, so I hate it....
I think she actually said (in Japanese, as opposed to the sub): "like a Japanese doll." The kind that has straight dark hair.

Not criticizing the sub, just saying.

These past two episodes have really brought back my enjoyment of this show.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Old 2010-05-05, 09:54   Link #35
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
I think she actually said (in Japanese, as opposed to the sub): "like a Japanese doll." The kind that has straight dark hair.
Yeah, that is what she actually says.

Now that I rewatched this ep, I definitely see the resemblance between Ritsu and Jun. The rolling headbutt was fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by krko View Post
If Ui reacts like this due to a two day separation, I wonder what she'll do when Yui inevitably leaves for college.
Contemplate suicide?

Then again, that would mean she'd leave Yui all by herself and I don't think she'd like the thought of that either.
Old 2010-05-05, 10:06   Link #36
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
I think she's still cute. Hopefully she doesn't use her hair like Milla Rage from Guilty Gear.

Old 2010-05-05, 10:43   Link #37
Jimmy C

One problem with Jun joining the Light Music Club is that she's already well-involved with the Jazz Club, I don't see her jumping ship.
Old 2010-05-05, 10:47   Link #38
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy C View Post
One problem with Jun joining the Light Music Club is that she's already well-involved with the Jazz Club, I don't see her jumping ship.
True, but maybe she prefers cake to competition.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Old 2010-05-05, 10:57   Link #39
krko
The Movie is Coming

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascaloth View Post
Never underestimate the power of Mugi's cakes.

On second thought, Asuza looks more like Shana than Konata.

Also can some kind soul identify what brand of guitar Asuza and the two freshmen used, as well as Jun's bass
Old 2010-05-05, 11:12   Link #40
sunwen

This is the Ayanyan.
Closed Thread